Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
RIP carryover, Deathwish effects no longer carryover between rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

i'm glad that, with all of the new and added features, you still get to lose the coinflip and then lose by <10 points 5 games in a row still.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

First player should get a free 5 points or something.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Minrad posted:

What'd they change? The reworks are so massive I haven't seen any documentation for ALL the changes. Hell I missed some poo poo in my notes; Veterans are no longer soldier tag so they can't be pulled by battle maidens or rezzed by priestess.

But anyways i uninstalled the PTR so I can still do my dailies on live. I'll prob reinstall it and make a backup later. :v:

Enforcer deploy effect works just like Brigade now....

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Man I'm just blown away by how much poo poo is changing when I look at the PTR. Foul Ale is now a column nuke like Crow's Eye. There's now a lesser lacerate that clears boons, which wasn't revealed as a new card because it reuses the secondary art from Mardroeme. Speaking of which...

Some of the card name changes on the PTR are just baffling when compared against each other.

Mardroeme is now named mushrooms.

Earth elemental is now named D'Ao.

What? Why make the first change for clarity if you're going to make the second one?

Full Moon Potion is now named Petri's Philter

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Oh yeah, math on Ornamental Sword:

Good results, aka cards that are good in just about any deck and represent about 15 points.

Clan Beastmaster
Clan Hunter
Clan Marauder *
Clan Archer
Clan Warrior
Jutta
Djenge Frett *

Average results, aka cards that are frequently less than 15 but not less than 10 points

Raging Berserker
Berserker Marauder
Clan Skirmisher *
Clan Warmonger
Clan Smuggler
Clan Pirate
Clan Greatsword

Niche/Bad results, aka cards that are only good in a specific deck or provide less than 10 points

Clan Axemen
Clan Raider
Clan Protector
Queensguard **
Shieldmaiden **
Blueboy Lugos ***

* All of these cards go from good/average results to exceptional (close to 20 points) if you can manage to resurrect them.
** Bad, but of course they're pretty good if you're running these in your deck.
*** Lugos is 9 points when you play him, but if it's a long round and your opponent can't clear the whale he'll probably generate more than 10 value. Still, a "bad" card on average.

In total, 20 cards to pull from, so the odds of getting a specific card you want each time are around 15%, pretty weak odds if you want a specific card, such as Queensguard in a Queensguard deck. However, that also means you've got about 95% odds of pulling at least one card from the Good results, so you can almost always get the average silver value of it, with a shot at getting a specific card when you need it (mostly removal, but possibly a berserker vs a weather deck, etc). Actually seems fairly playable and reminds me of the average discover results in Hearthstone.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Gimmick deck idea: Alchemy Nilfgaard deck that uses the new spy leader to King Bran out a Wolfsbane and two Crow's Eyes, then relies on the standard nilfgaard alchemy package + new cards.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Minrad posted:

Gimmick deck idea: Alchemy Nilfgaard deck that uses the new spy leader to King Bran out a Wolfsbane and two Crow's Eyes, then relies on the standard nilfgaard alchemy package + new cards.

You don't get all leaders to choose from with Usurper. Just 3 random ones.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
is weather still the same?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Electronico6 posted:

You don't get all leaders to choose from with Usurper. Just 3 random ones.

Fuuuuck I was so ready to jam out with this :negative:

botany posted:

is weather still the same?

Yeah, the only difference is that there's new hazards (pit trap, blood moon off the top of my head) and boons are now more fully realized and supported (with moonlight and golden froth).

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Mulligan is now called Swap. There's also a dorf card they forgot to reveal ?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Minrad posted:

thats cool. I now just want to make a deck thinning gimmick deck with zoltan to buff those boys into big meaty dwarfs

the 2-0 daily rewards dream

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

well reddit is complaining that the game is dumbing down but I had a lot of fun with Nilfgaard Shupe deck today, so whatever

excited for when this update actually goes up

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I made a note with the full effects everytime I play a Shupe deck because no way I'm remembering them all

MAGE - 4 STR
Draw a card
Charm a random enemy
Spawn random Hazards on all enemy rows
Deal 10 damage to an enemy and 5 to adjacent enemies to it
Play a Bronze or Silver special card from your deck

HUNTER - 8 STR
Deal 15 damage
Deal 2 damage to random enemy. Repeat 8 times
Replay a Bronze or Silver ally and boost it by 5
Clear all Hazards from your side and boost alies by 1
Play a Bronze or Silver unit from your deck

KNIGHT - 12 STR
Strengthen self to 25
Resilient
Duel an enemy
Reset a unit
Destroy enemies with less than 4 power

frajaq fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 19, 2017

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

frajaq posted:

Replay a Bronze or Silver ally and boost it by 5

Does this mean resurrect, or is it like Decoy?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Exactly like a Decoy

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Minrad posted:

This card is a lot better than all the other factions 3 str summon all copies of this unit cards.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Temerian infantry is often better because you can buff it with blue stripes scouts and summon a blue stripes commando. Didn't check ptr, so I don't know if that is still a thing you can do.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
Apparently they're shortening a bunch of card names? Merigold's Hailstorm is now just "Hailstorm". Seems like a really dumb change, the former name implies that it's a specific spell with history and context. The latter is just weather.

Emhyr var Emreis is now "Emhyr", etc. Maybe it's just me but it really cheapens the experience and removes a lot of the flavor the game has. Not to mention the awful change to Skellige unit names.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
New patch is ~-LIVE-~ with the Midwinter event as well

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Magical Zero posted:

Apparently they're shortening a bunch of card names? Merigold's Hailstorm is now just "Hailstorm". Seems like a really dumb change, the former name implies that it's a specific spell with history and context. The latter is just weather.

Emhyr var Emreis is now "Emhyr", etc. Maybe it's just me but it really cheapens the experience and removes a lot of the flavor the game has. Not to mention the awful change to Skellige unit names.

There's also "Roar" instead of Bloodcurling Roar, and that one mushroom card that allowed you to boost or reset an unit (can't recall the name at the moment) is now just called "Mushrooms".

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Goblin posted:

New patch is ~-LIVE-~ with the Midwinter event as well

did PTR really only last one day

lmao

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

They also changed twitch drops:

The requirement of 100 or more concurrent viewers for the stream to award GWENT Twitch Drops has now been removed. The chance to receive drops is the same across all channels that have enabled it, no matter how big or small.

Twitch drops will not be active on Vodcasts.

Not sure this makes any difference cause I got sweet gently caress all from their two streams this weekend.

frajaq posted:

did PTR really only last one day

lmao

lol CDPR. Still haven't managed to get a good grip on how to manage a live multiplayer game.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I think they just wanted to stress-test the new systems, not seek feedback on card changes.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Why on earth is milva 6 strength now?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I just damaged and muzzled a construct, because I didn't realize it didn't have a death triggered ability anymore. I'm going to have to start reading every card every game for a little while so that I don't keep playing with old abilities and looking like a moron.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy

Up Circle posted:

Why on earth is milva 6 strength now?

You can play it after your opponent has passed and instead of bouncing the cards back to your hand it puts them into their owner's deck.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Quick trip report: Clan Beastmasters are amazing, as foretold. The 1-point body can be easily killed to be grabbed by Priestesses of Freya, and they give a Cursed unit for Berserker Marauders. They're basically better Raging Berserkers, and you should swap them in in any deck that used the zerkers.
Now, a deckbuilding question: my Crach an Craite curse deck ran both Djenge Frett and Morkvarg, with the aim to keep one in the starting hand and play the other with Crach. Since Morkvarg cannot reliably be pulled by Crach anymore because of the added base strength to Berserker Marauders, should I replace him? If yes, with what?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Goblin posted:

You can play it after your opponent has passed and instead of bouncing the cards back to your hand it puts them into their owner's deck.

WOW! I like that.

in other news, I guess morenn doesn't stop cards from using their effects anymore, if my first game of the new patch is to be believed

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Seems like reviving a Spotter with your Vicovaro Medic doesn't allow you to use its ability :(

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Unless there were no revealed units, that sounds like a bug.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

They had revealed their own Geralt during the previous round.

I'd report it to Reddit but I didn't record it on video.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Azran posted:

Seems like reviving a Spotter with your Vicovaro Medic doesn't allow you to use its ability :(

There's some bugs from PTR that weren't fixed before going live. I imagine the bug where VIllen won't scorch if he's the biggest unit on board still exists, which is a shame because they changed how timers work. Timers now activate going left to right, top and down, whereas before each timer had its own activation time. So for example Sapper would always activate before Villen pre patch, now you can put a buffed sapper to the right of Villen and if they have the same timer, the Sapper will always flip AFTER villen has scorched stuff. Pretty nice for handbuff gimmicks.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Pretty much every unit in the deck I was running had its power increased by one. Well that's handy, it is a little insulting that my deck was considered that bad.

I was doing the seasonal event puzzles and noticed that yrden's description mentions hitting a row, but it still hits the whole board.

It happens so rarely that I can't remember, did weaken always not trigger Deathwish abilities? I just had an opponent weaken an Iris to zero and she didn't proc.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

rydiafan posted:

Pretty much every unit in the deck I was running had its power increased by one. Well that's handy, it is a little insulting that my deck was considered that bad.

I was doing the seasonal event puzzles and noticed that yrden's description mentions hitting a row, but it still hits the whole board.

It happens so rarely that I can't remember, did weaken always not trigger Deathwish abilities? I just had an opponent weaken an Iris to zero and she didn't proc.

Yeah, weakening Nekkers was a good way to annoy consume decks.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Regarding my previous Spotter bug, the issue seems to be Geralt - you can't select him as a valid Spotter target.

Speaking of Consume, I just played against a Monster deck that had two copies of Ge'Els :psyduck: He played Avallach the Sage and that copied my de Wett, who drew a card from MY deck (Peter) :psyduck: :psyduck:

pink flag
May 16, 2009
So there are a whopping 2 (two!) new common rarity cards in the new patch. Feels pretty crappy opening kegs and not getting any of the new cards.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

don't forget that they did this mid season so nobody got their end of season kegs

but be sure to visit the shop for the new Holiday Sale!

ha

hah

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Minrad posted:

don't forget that they did this mid season so nobody got their end of season kegs

but be sure to visit the shop for the new Holiday Sale!

ha

hah

And the new leader challengers weren't ready to be released with the patch, and can only be obtainable through scraps. Also if you want to play Consume Monsters you gotta craft Arachas Queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The season ends the 31st like always, right?

(I'd be kind of surprised if Eternal dies before Gwent. :v:)