Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

Moon Pies are terrible. Though that's largely because I don't like marshmallows, so I'm biased. Little Debbie Swiss Rolls and Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches are the be all end all of gas station desserts.

Little Debbie Fudge Rounds and Star Crunch. :randstare:

Also, Moon Pies own cold, especially with the traditional RC Cola.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

This is true. A moon pie, warm from sitting on the dashboard for a few minutes and an RC is one of life's simple pleasures.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Are they anything like Wagon Wheels? Because those things suck, and I still hold a grudge against the people who gave them to me as Halloween treats when I was a kid.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Weltlich posted:

This is true. A moon pie, warm from sitting on the dashboard for a few minutes and an RC is one of life's simple pleasures.

:hfive:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Solice Kirsk posted:

Moon Pies are terrible. Though that's largely because I don't like marshmallows, so I'm biased. Little Debbie Swiss Rolls and Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches are the be all end all of gas station desserts.

This guy has it right, though I'll admit that when I moved to Texas for the first time Moon Pies were one of the only treats I could get so I can't dismiss them entirely since they were there when I needed them.

Randaconda posted:

I don't know what it is, but eating any kind of chocolate sweet with cola of any kind just tastes terrible. Maybe the banana flavored ones would work...

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Are they anything like Wagon Wheels? Because those things suck, and I still hold a grudge against the people who gave them to me as Halloween treats when I was a kid.

It's marshmallow between two cookies.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Randaconda posted:

They're real serious about it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

marshmallow creep posted:

This guy has it right, though I'll admit that when I moved to Texas for the first time Moon Pies were one of the only treats I could get so I can't dismiss them entirely since they were there when I needed them.

I don't know what it is, but eating any kind of chocolate sweet with cola of any kind just tastes terrible. Maybe the banana flavored ones would work...

Wrong. :colbert:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Randaconda posted:

So yes, minus the inexplicable fruit jelly. Gross.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Which judging from google search results tells me, yes, they are pretty much the exact same thing.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Thank you, marshmallow creep

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Welp, I tried.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Moon Pie? What a time to be alive.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Don't be fooled though, the cookies have the texture and taste of sawdust.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Randaconda posted:

For my late night I-can't-believe-we-aren't-there-yet snacks, I prefer Chocodiles or Ding Dongs (called King Dons for a while, I can't imagine why). I can't find a good image of the Chocodile for individual sale items I used to get. They had Chauncey on them and everything. The new "chocolate covered Twinkies" just aren't as good.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SpacePig posted:

Get ready for some real toots in upcoming Marvel films.

We've already had Black Widow, Wasp, Scarlet Witch...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You can get Chinese knock-off moon pies for super cheap at asian food stores and they're delicious.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Lobok posted:

We've already had Black Widow, Wasp, Scarlet Witch...

My wife and I are both huge MCU fans but I'm the only one who read comics as a kid and teenager.
I described Dr Doom as Tony Stark + Dr Strange + Black Panther and let her know how glad I am that he's now available.
They can use the mulitverse like the DC CW shows so continuity isn't broken.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Had a moonpie the other day and it wasn't it's better left in childhood memories as "pretty good" instead of "pretty bland and sweet"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aleph Null posted:

My wife and I are both huge MCU fans but I'm the only one who read comics as a kid and teenager.
I described Dr Doom as Tony Stark + Dr Strange + Black Panther and let her know how glad I am that he's now available.
They can use the mulitverse like the DC CW shows so continuity isn't broken.

If she knows Star Wars you can describe him as a leprechaun-coloured Darth Vader with a penchant for self-aggrandizing monologues spoken in third person.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Dr. Doom is now officially my favorite comic book villain ever.

Here's the original comic in case anyone's interested.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Requesting the "Whitest Lady Ever Baby Name Board" picture with BOBSON DUGNUT photoshopped onto it.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I desperately envied the kids who got things like wagon wheels and capri-sun in their lunchboxes. All we ever got were flasks of hot chocolate* and cheese and ketchup sandwiches :(

*occasionally it was a flask of hot water :( :(.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Pookah posted:

I desperately envied the kids who got things like wagon wheels and capri-sun in their lunchboxes. All we ever got were flasks of hot chocolate* and cheese and ketchup sandwiches :(

*occasionally it was a flask of hot water :( :(.

80s poor kids will remember this

My favorite was a black and white picture of a kid eating a sandwich roughly torn from a magazine.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Randaconda posted:

Do you eat this combo while taking a sweaty dump at a 7-11 bathroom in the sticks?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Parrotine posted:

Do you eat this combo while taking a sweaty dump at a 7-11 bathroom in the sticks?

I read this initially as "do you ever eat Combos while taking a sweaty dump...?"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

LifeSunDeath posted:

I read this initially as "do you ever eat Combos while taking a sweaty dump...?"

Those RC Cobmos with Moon Pie crust were really great. Can't believe they were a limited-time product.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Parrotine posted:

No.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Becaauuuuse

7-11 only came to NE Florida last year!

Now, sweaty dumps at the Gate station....

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop posted:

Becaauuuuse

7-11 only came to NE Florida last year!

Now, sweaty dumps at the Gate station....

Kangaroo usually has clean bathrooms.

Lil Champ was the best. (Only old Florida goons remember than chain)

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

robotsinmyhead posted:

Requesting the "Whitest Lady Ever Baby Name Board" picture with BOBSON DUGNUT photoshopped onto it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Excuse me, but I think the word you're looking for is Count Penisula.

If you're going to refer to the man you could at least use his full title.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Well then you've been missing out!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Speaking of DOOM...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

thecluckmeme posted:

Speaking of DOOM...

this is the worst cropping I've ever seen

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Guy Goodbody posted:

this is the worst cropping I've ever seen

Look into your trousers.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Paladinus posted:

Look into your trousers.

I'll be damned, they stop just above the knee.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Topical:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Crossposting from AI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
man, even the Cola Wars are cooler in Australia.