Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I just tried as a bubble titan with the saint-14 helmet and your bubble dies in a second and then the 10 shadowshot tethers all just towel snap you in the balls at once. They never even try to come into the house of fun :(

e: and they don't take damage walking into the bubble flmao???

dont know why but this post made me laugh like a loving idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Yeah same, it's decent but the recoil animation is the worst. It basically just covers everything you're trying to aim at and it looks hosed up too. Basically the worst kind of behavior for a faster hand cannon where you need to be hitting multiple shots reliably. Oh well, at least it looks cool I guess. I'll be sticking with Old Fashioned until the next DLC.

p.s. calus's elite shader looks fuckin sick on pretty much all the trials weapons

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 19, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

It looks like the reward for filling up the Lighthouse’s forge-clock is Sagira’s (exotic) Ghost Shell.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Waffle House posted:

It looks like the reward for filling up the Lighthouse’s forge-clock is Sagira’s (exotic) Ghost Shell.

perks are poo poo tho

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Yeah same, it's decent but the recoil animation is the worst. It basically just covers everything you're trying to aim at and it looks hosed up too.

That random block design on top of it is just the worst during recoil. It's a real shame because the stats and perks on it are well above average. The huge range on it doesn't make it feel like a peashooter.

I hope they rework all the 180 hc animations. So much potential for variety, considering they introduced 4 of them.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man, as fun and cute as the snowballs are, that poo poo made hunting for data lettuce for Ikora's gift a giant pain in the rear end.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

treizebee posted:

That random block design on top of it is just the worst during recoil. It's a real shame because the stats and perks on it are well above average. The huge range on it doesn't make it feel like a peashooter.

I hope they rework all the 180 hc animations. So much potential for variety, considering they introduced 4 of them.

The Trials HC's sight is pretty darn trackable when firing as fast as you can but the damage is still poo poo either way like why would you bother when it has the lowest TTK of any HC type even if you land all crits.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

christ almighty i have to get dusk crystals for this special christmas gift thing. not the crystals you pick up in the edz, the rare blue ones that seem to have a 1 in 1000 chance of randomly spawning when you pick up a crystal in the edz. this is aggravating as gently caress. what am i missing out on if i don't do this

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Cowcaster posted:

christ almighty i have to get dusk crystals for this special christmas gift thing. not the crystals you pick up in the edz, the rare blue ones that seem to have a 1 in 1000 chance of randomly spawning when you pick up a crystal in the edz. this is aggravating as gently caress. what am i missing out on if i don't do this
... does it count if you already had them collected? I haven't logged in yet to see what kind of possible disaster this event is.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

DaveKap posted:

... does it count if you already had them collected? I haven't logged in yet to see what kind of possible disaster this event is.

nope! i've got 4 in my inventory, i've managed to find a single one after lapping the planet half a dozen times for the past hour, and i have a whopping 1/3 collected in the quest.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

How many presents can I give Failsafeu for Christmas, just one?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Legs Benedict posted:

perks are poo poo tho

Yeah but it looks fantastic.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Do the exotic/sagira's ghosts not drop with random perks?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
the eververse exotic ghosts have a combo of set and random perks, sagira's is totally fixed

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Waffle House posted:

Wait, what? Lighthouse forge-clock?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

pmchem posted:

The Verse weapons, once you finish all of them, you get a special emblem and Sagira's shell.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

pmchem posted:

On Mercury, do the post-campaign "run 3 adventures" quest.

Then run one Heroic Adventure.

You'll unlock "Prophecies" from Vance. There are 10. They require a TON (dozens and dozens of hours) of grinding strikes, events, crucible, nightfall, adventures, etc.

Each prophecy rewards you with a specific gun.

After 5 prophecies you get a quest line to visit Saint 14's grave and get his shotgun

After 10 prophecies you get an emblem and a Ghost

Orv
May 4, 2011
Of course Mayhem is a time limited thing, of course it is. People are giving Bungie way too much poo poo over this game but holy poo poo, c'mon guys, what are you doing. "Here's a mode that makes our PvP fun, by the way you can play it for three weeks a year."

Orv fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 20, 2017

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

On Mercury, do the post-campaign "run 3 adventures" quest.

Then run one Heroic Adventure.

You'll unlock "Prophecies" from Vance. There are 10. They require a TON (dozens and dozens of hours) of grinding strikes, events, crucible, nightfall, adventures, etc.

Each prophecy rewards you with a specific gun.

After 5 prophecies you get a quest line to visit Saint 14's grave and get his shotgun

After 10 prophecies you get an emblem and a Ghost

What are the Ghost perks?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Orv posted:

Of course Mayhem is a time limited thing, of course it is. People are giving Bungie way too much poo poo over this game but holy poo poo, c'mon guys, what are you doing. "Here's a mode that makes our PvP fun, by the way you can play it for three weeks a year."

merry christmas

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
drat. Are sagira's perks double gun telemetry or what.

Cowcaster posted:

That's pretty unlucky. Cayde's gift was just Witches and regular EDZ crystals, which got completed during the Titan flashpoint and a lap around EDZ.

I took a screencap of the preview for a completed gift. So looks like you'll just have one less opportunity to get an event item.

Unless they are like the verses and you can't pick up another until you finish it. :downs:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I got devrim's schematic and got a reduced cooldown sparrow as a reward it's Christmas come early!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

if you get a blue planetary mat just stash it in your inventory and then remove/replace it a few times

Orv
May 4, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

if you get a blue planetary mat just stash it in your inventory and then remove/replace it a few times

There's no way tha- right, sure.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Really wish I had planetary material ghosts. Hunting for these things is mind-numbing.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

treizebee posted:

drat. Are sagira's perks double gun telemetry or what.

Nah, just Mercury-centric. 75 yard cache and material radar, and bonus glimmer/chance at extra tokens on Mercury, plus omni-telemetry.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Legs Benedict posted:

i loving hate that i didn't read this until just now

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Cowcaster posted:

i loving hate that i didn't read this until just now

Clan mate says it doesn't work, but he did it in Orbit. Maybe it works on the relevant planet?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Clan mate says it doesn't work, but he did it in Orbit. Maybe it works on the relevant planet?

i didn't realize you could stash things from not in the tower?

edit: just tried it myself in the tower and nothing's happening, i must be doing it wrong

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 20, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Did for me.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

i didn't realize you could stash things from not in the tower?

destiny item manager,

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Orv posted:

Did for me.

How exactly did you do this?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

https://app.destinyitemmanager.com

Orv
May 4, 2011
DIM, left click on the resource in the left panel, Vault, left click in right panel, Store. Repeat.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Orv posted:

DIM, left click on the resource in the left panel, Vault, left click in right panel, Store. Repeat.

blue resource or green resource? In orbit or on the relevant planet? Single item or Stack of Them? We can't get this to work on Xbone at all.

Orv
May 4, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

blue resource or green resource? In orbit or on the relevant planet? Single item or Stack of Them? We can't get this to work on Xbone at all.

Blue resource, on the relevant planet, single item worked for me.

I collected it, moved it to Vault in DIM, moved it to character, moved it to Vault, moved it to character, gift finished.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

was this for the get 10 quest, or the get blue ones?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Blue, Titan spores, didn't try it for the green Nessus one I did on another character.

E: You might have to be moving one you've collected during the event/while having the item on your character, if you're moving old ones it probably won't work because bullshit nonsense.

Orv fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 20, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Orv posted:

E: You might have to be moving one you've collected during the event/while having the item on your character, if you're moving old ones it probably won't work because bullshit nonsense.

I'm guessing that's the key, unless it's a PC-only bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

PC, green phaseglass, holiday quest for 10, getting nowhere with DIM. I already had some in inventory so maybe they're stacking and messing it up.

• Locked thread