Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Fell off this thing during the Maeve storyline in S1. From what I summarized so far I have not been missing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Fell off this thing during the Maeve storyline in S1. From what I summarized so far I have not been missing out.

Thanks for the update.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

Thanks for the update.

Not an issue. Feel free to do a shout out again when this show gets pills for its schizophrenia.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Corporate jerks 0, Ford 1 million.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Not an issue. Feel free to do a shout out again when this show gets pills for its schizophrenia.

Watch the show you baby

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Professor Shark posted:

Watch the show you baby

He probably has plans to get rid of his TV so he can smugly pretend not to know shows everyone is watching.

"Game of what? I'm sorry, I don't even own a TV"

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

pfft, using a tv to watch shows in 2017, how pedestrian.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Hopefully every TVIV poster who stopped watching any show will pop back into every show thread before the end of the year to let us know they still aren't watching.

:allears:

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I stopped watching Westworld after the first season.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Caufman posted:

I stopped watching Westworld after the first season.

:same:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Honestly me too :smith: Just couldn't go on any farther

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I tried to watch the second season, but it's like there was nothing there.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
lol i lied

I've rewatched Westworld Season 1 every Sunday for the last ten months. I have theories that you can't even imagine what's wrong with me. I have one about how Maeve's botched escape program was a part of Charlotte Hale's plan to steal a host and get Ford fired.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I have admittedly stopped watching shows and then jumped into a TVIV thread for a quick poo poo, so I really can't judge a good for doing the same.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m just like allergic to NCIS or SVU I think those shows are lowest common denominator extreme garbo and this so far better than any other cop show and this is apparently the most boring season? Heck yeah!

Sounds like somebody needs to go watch The Wire

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Wire is a crime show with cops in it more than it is a cop show, IMO. I also couldn’t make it past S3, because political corruption is the most boring corruption. I’ll revisit it one day but there’s so many other things to watch before I tuck into S4 and the sad kids plot lines

Ok I’m totally loving PoI. John is debonair and charming but his goofy sense of humor is totally unflappable. He clearly loves making dad jokes in the middle of hectic fire fights.

I like Carter more and more but I’m halfway into S2 and feel like every episode has her saying something like “John you want me to (obstruct a police)!? “ or “Don’t tell me you just (crime)!?” Like every single episode.

Finch becoming more human is great, he has amazing development and Bear really helps to humanize them both.

Root is probably the best villain I’ve seen in a TV show even though Elias seems like a true mastermind and less fanatic. I really can’t wait to see where this goes.

Also the use of music is pretty amazing and there’s something about the direction of the show where I burst into laughter every time someone gets thrown through a plate glass window.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cojawfee posted:

The second season was so odd, what was with the ten minute romantic montage in virtual reality with a cowboy and why did they go to fake space when it didn't impact the plot? And how the gently caress did those ninjas appear out of Goddamn light?

And what was with the computer graphics? It looked like they were from 1976 or something.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Dec 20, 2017

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

The second season was so odd, what was with the ten minute romantic montage in virtual reality with a cowboy and why did they go to fake space when it didn't impact the plot? And how the gently caress did those ninjas appear out of Goddamn light?

And what was with the computer graphics? It looked like they were from 1976 or something.

You have to admit that Peter Fonda looks really good for his age, though.

P_T_S
Aug 28, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

It didn't look like anything to me...

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

The Wire is a crime show with cops in it more than it is a cop show, IMO. I also couldn’t make it past S3, because political corruption is the most boring corruption. I’ll revisit it one day but there’s so many other things to watch before I tuck into S4 and the sad kids plot lines

Ok I’m totally loving PoI. John is debonair and charming but his goofy sense of humor is totally unflappable. He clearly loves making dad jokes in the middle of hectic fire fights.

I like Carter more and more but I’m halfway into S2 and feel like every episode has her saying something like “John you want me to (obstruct a police)!? “ or “Don’t tell me you just (crime)!?” Like every single episode.

Finch becoming more human is great, he has amazing development and Bear really helps to humanize them both.

Root is probably the best villain I’ve seen in a TV show even though Elias seems like a true mastermind and less fanatic. I really can’t wait to see where this goes.

Also the use of music is pretty amazing and there’s something about the direction of the show where I burst into laughter every time someone gets thrown through a plate glass window.

Bear was the best casting decision made on that show, hands down.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Solkanar512 posted:

Bear was the best casting decision made on that show, hands down.

Best gimmick Twitter too https://twitter.com/beardehond

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Seasons 4 and 5 are great because of the new child actors, which you can't say about most shows

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

John has probably financed boats for several orthopedic surgeons with all those knee shots.

PS - Bear is the best.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

I’m now unreasonably angry that there’s no legal way for me to watch PoI in Hong Kong.

Excited for west world S2 though.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So have any crazy website info dumps happened for the upcoming season?

If it's anything like last season all the tie-in promotional material actually means something with Westworld. It's the first time I've gone over all the extra little fluff things released then found myself actually appreciating them during the show; like the various daily logic loops for the AI in the park, the layout of the mountain, etc. It's like the most well done tie-in stuff I've ever seen for the *gasp* shocking idea of having the marketing people and show runners apparently communicate, a rarity on anything.

All the little messages, info, ads, etc. were really cool and I just hope there's more of it.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

Please keep watching and posting your reactions. I wish I could watch it again for the first time!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Taking a break from gush-posting about PoI to say that the (S2 Trailer spoilers) dead tiger just makes me think of Marco from Sealab going “the strength of FIVE Go-Rillas!”

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Blazing Ownager posted:

So have any crazy website info dumps happened for the upcoming season?

If it's anything like last season all the tie-in promotional material actually means something with Westworld. It's the first time I've gone over all the extra little fluff things released then found myself actually appreciating them during the show; like the various daily logic loops for the AI in the park, the layout of the mountain, etc. It's like the most well done tie-in stuff I've ever seen for the *gasp* shocking idea of having the marketing people and show runners apparently communicate, a rarity on anything.

All the little messages, info, ads, etc. were really cool and I just hope there's more of it.

All I've seen for sure is the fact that the creators last year said Season 1 was really just a prequel to the real, totally different series. So keep that in mind.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Can't wait for the screwball robo rom com of Season 2!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Astroman posted:

All I've seen for sure is the fact that the creators last year said Season 1 was really just a prequel to the real, totally different series. So keep that in mind.

It was an odd choice to make it a show about Hemsworth and Shannon Woodward solving supernatural mysteries with the FBI, but the standalone episodes have been really good so far. The main plot about the government conspiracy and aliens could get really confused if the show doesn’t know exactly where it’s going, but I have faith.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Maeve, Dolores, and Teddy escape the park and it becomes a wacky sitcom about them as roommates trying to fit in with real humans in the real world.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Teddy tries a series of increasingly undangerous jobs, always getting killed on the first day.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Don't Trust the AI in Apartment 25

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
*Man in Black enters apartment Kramer style, audience cheers*

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
They need a sassy robot snake or squirrel who bitterly hates humans for their opposeable thumbs.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I want Murder Horses this season

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

There's a Horse personality traits that ranges from 0 to 20.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I want to see some sort of glitch where a human host starts acting like a horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Astroman posted:

Hopefully every TVIV poster who stopped watching any show will pop back into every show thread before the end of the year to let us know they still aren't watching.

:allears:

This poo poo should be probatable. I don't care if people poo poo on any show here, but at least have the loving stones to watch it first.