Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The game may say Falcon Turn, but Nia is absolutely yelling "FUCKIN TURN" every time she uses it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Momomo posted:

The game may say Falcon Turn, but Nia is absolutely yelling "FUCKIN TURN" every time she uses it.

healing sookah

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I keep hearing "Healing heal" instead of "Healing halo."

Also if you haven't, you owe it to yourself to give her hammer and cannon blades.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Nia owns and I'm sad I'll probably stop controlling her when I get the next party member

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I'm getting stronga, meech meech stronga.

I was pretty :smith: about, (ending major spoilers) Nia and her feelings towards Rex to the point where I probably dislike Rex somewhat. I guess you can't blame him going for the Pyra and Mythra treday though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

voltcatfish posted:

Nia owns and I'm sad I'll probably stop controlling her when I get the next party member

Ready or Gormot-ti, HERE I COME!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

katkillad2 posted:

I'm getting stronga, meech meech stronga.

I was pretty :smith: about, (ending major spoilers) Nia and her feelings towards Rex to the point where I probably dislike Rex somewhat. I guess you can't blame him going for the Pyra and Mythra treday though.

If you have nia as a blade, in one of the post battle conversations he tries to get back to it, as if he understood and she says 'not now'

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Just finished chapter 8 and confused. What is Amalthus' motivation? Why does he want to destroy Torna? There was that flashback with his mom dying, but is that why he wants to destroy everything? Also, why didn't people think he was evil when they first met him? He awoke Malos, after all.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Akarshi posted:

Just finished chapter 8 and confused. What is Amalthus' motivation? Why does he want to destroy Torna? There was that flashback with his mom dying, but is that why he wants to destroy everything? Also, why didn't people think he was evil when they first met him? He awoke Malos, after all.

It's a general self-loathing "People are Scum" thing. Bandits murdered Mommy Dearest, and years later in the Torna war some guy he helped treat went on to murder a family in their home as he was walking by.

He's seen the worst of humanity and wants to erase it all, woe is he.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Akarshi posted:

Hey yeah, why don't people go say, don't Blades go dormant for a while when their driver dies? Why not kill this dude to stop Malos and just work from there. I mean that and then they elect him the pope godking makes me think the writers didn't quite plan all the details of their story

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I have to say, while I'm enjoying the story I am utterly confused as to what nations are which, and who is working with who. Currently on chapter 5: Morag was in Gormott before and wanted to capture Pyra, but then she's in an entirely different place and has no problem with your party all of a sudden? I couldn't tell you who's at war with who at this point.

Also they started talking about Malon's Driver and I was racking my brain to remember who that even was, and they piled on like five other characters and I'm just so lost :(

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Calaveron posted:

Hey yeah, why don't people go say, don't Blades go dormant for a while when their driver dies? Why not kill this dude to stop Malos and just work from there. I mean that and then they elect him the pope godking makes me think the writers didn't quite plan all the details of their story

To be fair, he literally says "That doesn't apply because i'm stronk now" in a cutscene

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Momomo posted:

I have to say, while I'm enjoying the story I am utterly confused as to what nations are which, and who is working with who. Currently on chapter 5: Morag was in Gormott before and wanted to capture Pyra, but then she's in an entirely different place and has no problem with your party all of a sudden? I couldn't tell you who's at war with who at this point.

Also they started talking about Malon's Driver and I was racking my brain to remember who that even was, and they piled on like five other characters and I'm just so lost :(

Ar Mordain has conquered and subjugated Gormott. Morag is a really high ranking member of the Ar Mordain heirarchy. This was done within living memory so tgings are pretty tense on Gormott

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Momomo posted:

Gormott, the big titan with all the fields and trees, is under control of the Empire of Mor Ardain, the big titan with all the dirt and mining equipment. Morag is the special inquisitor of the Empire, and was on official business in Gormott when you first met her. She's fine with you because she realized Rex is pure of heart, because I guess leaving a fantasy nuke with some naive kid is good decision making.

Uraya, the big whale titan with all the colorful trees, and the Empire of Mor Ardain, are building toward a war.

I do not believe Malos's driver has officially been introduced, but when he is it won't be subtle.

The Gormotti people look like cats. The Urayans are kind of scaly. Mor Ardainians, from what I've seen, are just generic humans.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 20, 2017

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I found this NM while exploring an old story area. He was sealed in several layers of field skill checks.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

brand engager posted:

I found this NM while exploring an old story area. He was sealed in several layers of field skill checks.

He's the highest level unique monster, but surprisingly he's not the hardest one. You gotta be level 99 to beat him, though.

ApproachingInfinity
Sep 14, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's a general self-loathing "People are Scum" thing. Bandits murdered Mommy Dearest, and years later in the Torna war some guy he helped treat went on to murder a family in their home as he was walking by.

He's seen the worst of humanity and wants to erase it all, woe is he.

It reminded me of this a bit (spoilers, kind of, depending on where you're at): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN9DW4rrEjY

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I think if Nintendo decides to gate quests and things like blades behind ever decreasing luck with every rare you pull again, i'm just going to avoid the game it's in outright.

At least 700 pulls of nothing now between my last rare and now, and I still have 5 more to go.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Crawfish posted:

I think if Nintendo decides to gate quests and things like blades behind ever decreasing luck with every rare you pull again, i'm just going to avoid the game it's in outright.

At least 700 pulls of nothing now between my last rare and now, and I still have 5 more to go.

What chapter are you on?

I get the feeling that the gacha system has to ‘reload’ by doing something in game that provides invisible points to the system. I do pretty scant pulls and it seems that I’m never too far between rares, but I usually am just looking for a common to fill out a field check so my expectations are different. I bet in several months we’ll find out that gaining trust, doing quests, or filling affinity bubbles, or killing uniques, SOMETHING, influences the gacha system so that as long as you don’t try to force them all out at once they are not that hard to pull. I just don’t see 700 pulls as being creator’s Vision.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TurnipFritter posted:

Gormott, the big titan with all the fields and trees, is under control of the Empire of Mor Ardain, the big titan with all the dirt and mining equipment. Morag is the special inquisitor of the Empire, and was on official business in Gormott when you first met her. She's fine with you because she realized Rex is pure of heart, because I guess leaving a fantasy nuke with some naive kid is good decision making.

Uraya, the big whale titan with all the colorful trees, and the Empire of Mor Ardain, are building toward a war.

I do not believe Malos's driver has officially been introduced, but when he is it won't be subtle.

The Gormotti people look like cats. The Urayans are kind of scaly. Mor Ardainians, from what I've seen, are just generic humans.

It's more that leaving her with Rex isn't the complete Aegis War-repeating disaster she feared it would be. Having Pyra with a Driver that isn't out for absolute power and wants to protect her is the best situation possible given what's available.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

its curtains for Kevin posted:

What chapter are you on?

I get the feeling that the gacha system has to ‘reload’ by doing something in game that provides invisible points to the system. I do pretty scant pulls and it seems that I’m never too far between rares, but I usually am just looking for a common to fill out a field check so my expectations are different. I bet in several months we’ll find out that gaining trust, doing quests, or filling affinity bubbles, or killing uniques, SOMETHING, influences the gacha system so that as long as you don’t try to force them all out at once they are not that hard to pull. I just don’t see 700 pulls as being creator’s Vision.
Post game. I was never too far between rares for a long time, and then just straight nothing ever since.

It feels like something in the game broke but I have no way of confirming it, so it might just be the worst luck possible.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'd say hold off on doing crazy stuff like this. I possibly popped around 200 cores TOTAL for the entire game and have the same amount as you. The game obviously has geometrical diminishing returns at this point. I don't think I've seen one person saying that they finished the collection. I'd say move on to other endgame things like doing all unique monsters and finishing the quests of the blades you already have until they patch it.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Oh i've been doing all that as well. Just sucks I can't grab KOS-MOS, and have less access to high sources of Ice and Dark Mastery than I could have, when I need them.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think my favorite weapon type to use is ether cannons. It's fun to just shoot out these massive blasts that cause big numbers with Sheba.

Barudak posted:

You can talk with the kids again after the quest for one last dialog and they dont seem to care at all. In general, and maybe this changes later, everyone is super on board with otherizing the hell out of these slaves.

In general it's kind of weird how most of the time characters don't appropriately treat (includes spoiler from chapter 6) the memory loss as effectively the same as dying, because it basically is. Like, where I'm at the emperor just died (before being resurrected), which caused his blade to also return to its crystal. After the emperor is revived everyone is glad and no one seems to give a poo poo that his blade - who has probably been living with the emperor for most of his life - is basically dead.

Also (chapter 6 spoiler) why didn't Nia resurrect Vandham? I get that the emperor was the little brother of one of their party members, but Vandham was also a good guy. The only explanations I can think of are either 1. resurrecting him somehow cost her something or 2. you have to resurrect within a very short time of them dying, and the fight they were forced into after Vandham was killed took up too much time.

By the way, gently caress Ursula's side quest. I'm at like 54 of each of those god drat badges. Whose stupid loving idea was it to require you collect (apparently, according to the internet) 99 of each?

edit: I'm so tired of listening to her whiny voice (or at least her JP voice is whiny) as I send her on missions.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 20, 2017

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Crawfish posted:

Oh i've been doing all that as well. Just sucks I can't grab KOS-MOS, and have less access to high sources of Ice and Dark Mastery than I could have, when I need them.

Funny you said that just as I got her. She seems to be an insanely good attack blade with access to pretty decent healing capabilities. But welp, there's nothing else in the game I can use her on.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Ytlaya posted:

In general it's kind of weird how most of the time characters don't appropriately treat (includes spoiler from chapter 6) the memory loss as effectively the same as dying, because it basically is. Like, where I'm at the emperor just died (before being resurrected), which caused his blade to also return to its crystal. After the emperor is revived everyone is glad and no one seems to give a poo poo that his blade - who has probably been living with the emperor for most of his life - is basically dead.

Also (chapter 6 spoiler) why didn't Nia resurrect Vandham? I get that the emperor was the little brother of one of their party members, but Vandham was also a good guy. The only explanations I can think of are either 1. resurrecting him somehow cost her something or 2. you have to resurrect within a very short time of them dying, and the fight they were forced into after Vandham was killed took up too much time.

By the way, gently caress Ursula's side quest. I'm at like 54 of each of those god drat badges. Whose stupid loving idea was it to require you collect (apparently, according to the internet) 99 of each?

For your chapter 6 spoiler, this is pretty obvious, but a bit of a spoiler if you're not a bit further into the story - Nia doesn't want to out herself as a blade. She has a pretty damned good reason for it to, that is explained later by the plot.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
It feels like it should be a mediocre saturday morning cartoon except for the weird pervy stuff. Or maybe that's common in japanese media for kids now?

The setup of the world had so much potential but they sure took the bullet train to animeclicheland.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

There's a interview with the guy behind the game and he straight up said it's his attempt to do a lighter and softer story... but he admits that that doesn't last long so it's got a weird effect on the start of the game.

Start of the game has wacky anime expressions, over dramatized poses, zeke hijinks etc. Then somewhere along the way to chapter I wanna say 5? It decides "nah gently caress it lets be a xeno game"

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So can you ever pull light element common blades? Because I've never seen one. Even when dumping boosters in to someone ti put them at level 12+ they still pull not-light element blades. It's kinda dumb if the only light blades are rare/story blades.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Evil Fluffy posted:

So can you ever pull light element common blades? Because I've never seen one. Even when dumping boosters in to someone ti put them at level 12+ they still pull not-light element blades. It's kinda dumb if the only light blades are rare/story blades.

There's only two Light-element Blades; Mythra and KOS-MOS.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's only two Light-element Blades; Mythra and KOS-MOS.

There's a third one but it's gated behind bullshit: Poppi's third form can get a Light Elemental Core but you have to get it as a rare drop from the last level of Tiger Tiger apparently.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hahahah holy poo poo what is going on with Newt's character design. The whole giant arms and sword thing is cool, but her portrait image looks like a stripper pose.

I'm not sure why you'd use a fire element tank, though, given the required one is also fire. Maybe if the enemy is weak to fire the benefit from having 2+ fire blades on the same character would be greater than the benefit of having a greater variety of elements?

edit: I now have 6 gacha rare blades left to acquire (2 of which are the ones I particularly want, KOS-MOS and Zenobia). 4 of which are attackers and 2 healers, so I should have a 2/3 chance of getting them on the right character. If I somehow ever get all of them, I can then selectively release ones that aren't on the right person and open cores on the person with the "correct" corresponding role.

vvvv At least the level 4 quest doesn't involve any fighting. The level 5 one (which I'm doing now) has involved a level 58 enemy so far.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 20, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

UGH the quest to unlock Merc Level 3 is hogshit. Random difficulty spikes suck.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's my headcanon that every time they do that BS where someone whispers something and the game doesn't let you know what they're saying, they're actually saying "we'll bang ok?"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

nerdz posted:

It's my headcanon that every time they do that BS where someone whispers something and the game doesn't let you know what they're saying, they're actually saying "we'll bang ok?"

That's probably pretty close given the tone of most of those conversations.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Crawfish posted:

I got KOS-MOS after getting the fifth party member to over 600 luck, doable with amethyst chips on all of their blitzball blades and +luck and luck% accessories, which was after throwing away hundreds of rolls getting the last four blades I had left in the post-game. I then proceeded to get her after fiveish more cores on Five. The only blade I have left is getting one to high enough affinity to trigger the continuation to her sidequest.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

On blade talk I’m in chapter 8 and have only 5 rare blades left, two side quest ones and three gatcha ones, so I think I should finish up the collection before I finish the msq.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Stage 4 of Tiger Tiger is some bullshit.

On the off-chance I somehow survive to the end, there's no way I can get back up. I have no idea how someone is supposed to get the "no damage" or "all treasure" trophies for this level.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I just started chapter 8 and holy poo poo chapter 7 was both ridiculously annoying towards the end but also fantastic. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Stage 4 of Tiger Tiger is some bullshit.

On the off-chance I somehow survive to the end, there's no way I can get back up. I have no idea how someone is supposed to get the "no damage" or "all treasure" trophies for this level.

I feel bad because I like Poppi but hate Tiger Tiger. Then I see the ether requirements to upgrade her and I stop feeling so bad.