Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I didn't even realize there was a cooldown for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's only obvious when your sparrow explodes for... whatever reason

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Shifty Pony posted:

Only if it is destroyed while riding it or the ~5 second window until it despawns.

I got the warlock robe and boots from back to back dawning engrams and a shader that looks awesome

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Was there a conclusive decision over whether or not taking moebius quiver and 6 shooter are now OK?

Orv
May 4, 2011

DaveKap posted:

Was there a conclusive decision over whether or not taking moebius quiver and 6 shooter are now OK?

Six Shooter is still just Worse Super. You get three more shots for a total of six shots that each do a fourth of the damage of the normal three shots.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Eej posted:

It's only obvious when your sparrow explodes for... whatever reason

i almost always destroy mine while trying to take it as far as possible in to a strike dungeon or lost sector

like last night with the pyramidion i managed to say "lets see if i can get it down these floating stairs without dying" and then the other two i was playing with immediately heard "guardian down" and cracked up

quite stretched out fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 20, 2017

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
If you want sniper practice in pvp, Mayhem is a great time for it with all the roaming supers out in the open. You can even get the drop on all the Goldies.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Orv posted:

Six Shooter is still just Worse Super. You get three more shots for a total of six shots that each do a fourth of the damage of the normal three shots.
I admittedly only ever use that tree in Crucible but I haven’t noticed a damage drop off like other people said there was before. They cut the basic 3 shot duration and buffed the 6 shot so I figured I may as well buy the ability and it still one shots players in Crucible so :shrug:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

quite stretched out posted:

i almost always destroy mine while trying to take it as far as possible in to a strike dungeon or lost sector

like last night with the pyramidion i managed to say "lets see if i can get it down these floating stairs without dying" and then the other two i was playing with immediately heard "guardian down" and cracked up

Did you know you can summon your sparrow during the huge jump in the Inverted Spire strike? The one that can kill you if you don't jump at the end of it.

The timing is uh... very difficult to get right.

I wish there was a revive tracking banner. Maybe it could go negative for times you were revived and positive for when you revive someone.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mercurius posted:

I admittedly only ever use that tree in Crucible but I haven’t noticed a damage drop off like other people said there was before. They cut the basic 3 shot duration and buffed the 6 shot so I figured I may as well buy the ability and it still one shots players in Crucible so :shrug:

That's what I had heard so I took it as well, it's not reliably one-shotting people in PvP. In fact, when it does one shot people I'm both surprised and confused because it's not at all consistent. Womp womp.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

quite stretched out posted:

Wrong.

There are two large pillars on either side running parellel to the descent. At the very top, you can hop on the left one and ride it to almost the very bottom. This is the only correct way to Sparrow down.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Masterwork positive outlook and last hope from the same vanguard turn in!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

pmchem posted:

PC, green phaseglass, holiday quest for 10, getting nowhere with DIM. I already had some in inventory so maybe they're stacking and messing it up.

I think its specific to rare resources. It worked for 3 alkane spores but not for collecting 10 alkane.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
So is Shinobu's Vow only supposed to give you one bonus grenade per loading screen? I can throw two initially but after that I only get one grenade per charge.

Bugged or what?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

So is Shinobu's Vow only supposed to give you one bonus grenade per loading screen? I can throw two initially but after that I only get one grenade per charge.

Bugged or what?

I haven't had any issues using it. Perhaps there is a weird combo of things affecting yours.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Bugged or what?

It only charges one grenade at a time, you can hold on to your first one while the second charges.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Feels kinda lame they didn't make the XP engrams into Dawning ones for the length of the event. They even made that majority of the even rewards once per account despite giving you all the steps on alts.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Norns posted:

Masterwork positive outlook and last hope from the same vanguard turn in!

:gizz:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Feels kinda lame they didn't make the XP engrams into Dawning ones for the length of the event. They even made that majority of the even rewards once per account despite giving you all the steps on alts.

i’m almost positive i got rewards from the steps on my alts

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

We pulled this match at the last minute. Also Bubble Titan is hella fun, but I'm glad Golden Gun takes the bubble down still.

YOUR loot

edit: Huh. Have the planets on the world map always turned and moved? I thought they were just static images.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Dawning is loving lame as hell so far.

"Go collect 10 annoying shards that blend into their surroundings too well, then kill 15 enemies that only spawn in like 3 places" And you get... I honestly don't even know what I got. A 'gift' I couldnt find in my inventory later on.

Oh well, at least the Mayhem PvP mode is WAIT NO IT'S UTTER GARBAGE TOO HOLY poo poo BUNGIE.

I cannot find a single thing about this 'event' that I'm enjoying at all.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
almost everyone but you enjoys mayhem sorry you’re boring

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Mayhem taught me that Dawnblade has the best Warlock super but it's not as good as Hammer of Sol which means it still won't compensate for how lovely the rest of its kit is.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

khy posted:

Dawning is loving lame as hell so far.

"Go collect 10 annoying shards that blend into their surroundings too well, then kill 15 enemies that only spawn in like 3 places" And you get... I honestly don't even know what I got. A 'gift' I couldnt find in my inventory later on.

Oh well, at least the Mayhem PvP mode is WAIT NO IT'S UTTER GARBAGE TOO HOLY poo poo BUNGIE.

I cannot find a single thing about this 'event' that I'm enjoying at all.

Source your quotes

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Eej posted:

Mayhem taught me that Dawnblade has the best Warlock super but it's not as good as Hammer of Sol which means it still won't compensate for how lovely the rest of its kit is.

Void Bomb with Dire Skull is better imo.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

khy posted:

Correct as can be but inaccurate as it is fun, if that's what one is looking for, and deservedly has its place and time. It's nbd tho, I'm not touching the poo poo even once (snowballs, either) and am copacetic. Just hit up Quickplay and chill, baby.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do you guys actually like this game? It really doesn't seem like it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
E: I swear to god I posted this before, but since it's on sale right now, can you guys sell me on Destiny 2? I wanna be a space wizard or whatever and use crazy rear end abilities and fly around in Halo style Banshees and poo poo, is this the game for me?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

For the prophecies you get 1 then the first set of 3, then 1 a week right?

Orv posted:

That's what I had heard so I took it as well, it's not reliably one-shotting people in PvP. In fact, when it does one shot people I'm both surprised and confused because it's not at all consistent. Womp womp.

Most other supers give you DR so it won't 1 shot a hammer titan etc

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

Turtlicious posted:

E: I swear to god I posted this before, but since it's on sale right now, can you guys sell me on Destiny 2? I wanna be a space wizard or whatever and use crazy rear end abilities and fly around in Halo style Banshees and poo poo, is this the game for me?

Honestly it depends on what you're expecting out of the game. Personally I play somewhat casually, as in a couple to few nights a week of anywhere from 1-4 hours depending. I'm not at max light level, and I'm enjoying doing whatever I feel like some nights I go all in on some crucible and pvp my heart ou, some nights I nag at my friends enough that they log on and do some strikes or adventures or public events or what have you.

Basically don't expect this game to be the end-all game that consumes your life because it doesn't seem like there is enough content for that to be the case. Keep in mind that there are little expansions that come every few months that I guess aren't strictly necessary to have, but you will get a bit left behind if you opt out, I guess.

I'm not sure what Banshees are but besides 1 (?) story mission with a tank, you have your speeder bike and a few random vehicles you can take from enemies in the open world every once in a while. There isn't much else of vehicles in the game, and nothing whatsoever in pvp unfortunately.

Hopefully that gives you some insight, but ultimately you have to decide if the space wizard shoot game is worth your space bux :buddy:

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I've got separate stacks (2 and 3) of the Dawning Warmth shaders for some reason that are clogging up my precious inventory space.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Nightstalker is loving hilarious to play in Mayhem, especially if you have 2 or more on your team, but super duper hilarious if your entire team is nightstalkers. Why?

The tether turns off enemy supers.

This is probably the only time I'll actually have fun playing the hunter class. My 4-nightstalker team (completely random, mind you, I solo-matchmade) doubled the enemy's score just setting traps everywhere and killing with guns and knives. It's ridiculous. That said, this only really works for certain maps and admittedly it seems like each character's super has a map that matches it.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Turtlicious posted:

It's nothing like Halo and is extremely limited compared to it especially in competitive multiplayer. D2 is a proof-of-concept and will remain so for a couple of years.

The thing about Destiny is that it has a loyal, hardcore fanbase, but that same loyal, hardcore fanbase will absolutely not hesitate to tell you not to play it, it's a pretty unique game in that regard. I have hundreds of hours across both games but can't recommend it to you. You've been warned

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

The vehicle stuff is pretty limited and, frankly, so are the crazy rear end abilities that make each class fun. The cooldowns on actually being able to use these abilities are pretty long, meaning that you need to grind exotics, mods, and stuff just to get to the point where things feel "okay," as in probably where they should've been at the start.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Mayhem is perfect to practice supers you rarelly use. I have managed to control thr bubble thanks to it. It last more than I trought but they have added yet more sources that kill it.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

comatose posted:

I've got separate stacks (2 and 3) of the Dawning Warmth shaders for some reason that are clogging up my precious inventory space.

Because one stack will break down into glimmer, and the other will give you dust.

It's pretty much Bungie not wanting people to get more dust or whatever the Eververse currency is named.

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis

Turtlicious posted:

I really like the game, warts and all. It depends on what kind of gamer you are. Destiny 2 in my opinion is the perfect dad game. Since the game came out on PC I've had to prepare and grade exams for my classes, go to the hospital more than a couple of times due to family emergencies, and try to schedule my social life around cramming for a driver's license exam. The only time I felt that I didn't have anything to do in the game was the week before CoO dropped, and I still haven't done the raid (I'm hoping I'll get a chance over the holiday break, having 2-6 hours straight without something coming up have been the proverbial hen's teeth for me lately). I typically play an hour or two per day every other day and I'm still able to complete every weekly milestone and work toward specific goals like fashion or collecting all the guns.

My advice is that you buy the base game on sale, power your way through the campaign to unlock the real game, then dick around a bit over the holidays. If you're still having fun by the end of January then buy CoO (hopefully it'll be on sale by then too) and hammer all of that out before DLC2 comes out around Holy Week or so.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Shifty Pony posted:

Oh poo poo. Guess I was a naughty guardian :ohdear:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh my Hunter has access to Flashpoints now since the reset, glad that minor thing resolved itself lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I don't know if it has been mentioned, but running planets with a ghost that has resource and cache detection would really help with the shard collection. I always swap to one for the planet I'm on and it kicks butts. Love getting tokens and resources just because my ghost was like "Yo guardian, there's an apple in that dumpster. Go eat it."

• Locked thread