Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
fucksake i really liked TJ miller. :[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Man, I just wanna give Terry Crews a hug. :smith:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I only saw tj miller in trans4mers and michael bay killed him off near the start

https://twitter.com/DanielleSATM/status/943196079012696069

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Adult film star Dana DeArmond is accusing both T.J. Miller and Jordan Vogt-Roberts, director of Kong: Skull Island, of sexual harassment.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

got any sevens posted:

I only saw tj miller in trans4mers and michael bay killed him off near the start

https://twitter.com/DanielleSATM/status/943196079012696069

He was fun in Deadpool but it seems irrelevant now

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He was fun in Deadpool but it seems irrelevant now

They're gonna have a hell of an editing job on Deadpool 2.

I also kind of wonder if this dashes the chances of a Big Hero 6 2.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

https://twitter.com/darent85/status/943182637765599232

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yikes, none of these allegations are on his Wikipedia page; it doesn't even mention that there are any allegations against him. Are we witnessing an attempted coverup?

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Watch out! A POIsonous snake!

21 Muns posted:

They're gonna have a hell of an editing job on Deadpool 2.

I also kind of wonder if this dashes the chances of a Big Hero 6 2.

Replace him in Deadpool with Christopher Plummer. It'll be the perfect end to that joke.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

21 Muns posted:

Yikes, none of these allegations are on his Wikipedia page; it doesn't even mention that there are any allegations against him. Are we witnessing an attempted coverup?

You shouldn't put too much stock on wikipedia about anything to begin with.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wanna bet Miller get's 100% edited out of Deadpool 2?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Rhyno posted:

poo poo's stacking up quickly, so it's likely. And given that his name was dropped in the link I posted above, ain't no way that Jordan Vogt-Roberts is getting Metal Gear: Solid now.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Fart City posted:

poo poo's stacking up quickly, so it's likely. And given that his name was dropped in the link I posted above, ain't no way that Jordan Vogt-Roberts is getting Metal Gear: Solid now.

nah, i think one accusation is, sadly, not enough to really effect someone. If we see more stuff in the coming days/weeks about JVR then maybe, but generally a pattern is what fucks up your career.

Miller on the other hand should gently caress off back to whatever weed farm he apparated from. that story is one of the worst to come out of this, and that awful email he sent to the woman who pointed out that he used a trans slur on his webpage is one of the most awful things I've ever seen someone write. What a loving awful human being.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

DC Murderverse posted:

nah, i think one accusation is, sadly, not enough to really effect someone. If we see more stuff in the coming days/weeks about JVR then maybe, but generally a pattern is what fucks up your career.

Used to be that I would feel this way too. But these last few months have definitely lent credit to the idea that if there is smoke there is not only fire, but usually a hidden cache of propane tanks in the basement as well. I'd like to believe that won't be the case with JVR (simply because I would like for none of these accusations to be true, and for none of the parties involve to have been injured in any way), but it's become clear that kind of rampant aggression is usually part of a pattern.

Edit: replaced "boldness" with "aggression," because my initial word choice seemed to lessen the invasiveness of what JVR was alleged to have done.

Tart Kitty fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 20, 2017

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm saddened by any male celeb I like and respect going #notallmen. drat it, Matt Damon.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

What precedent has my man Ridley Scott set?!?!

EDIT: Can you imagine how loving pissed off Ryan Reynolds and David Leitch must be right now? Ryan probably loves his Deadpool character more than his own family at this point, and he's also a producer, so he presumably has the power to demand the removal of TJ Miller. If I were him, I would just do it. Don't taint what is probably going to be a great film by keeping a loving rapist in it.

viral spiral fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Dec 20, 2017

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Reynolds and Leitch are definitely mad as hell, but imagine how ripshit Fox executives who are trying to secure a Disney buyout of the studio are over this poo poo. "Co-star of one of the biggest hits we've had in the last couple of years is a rapist who also has drugged women's drinks at bars" is really not the headline you want when $54 billion is on the line, especially since Disney has to be wary of any scandalous stuff in the wake of Harvey's sociopathic lifestyle that was just as much in full swing in the decade plus that they owned Miramax (which somehow they've managed to keep themselves only slightly muddied by).

There's no way he makes it to the final cut. The question really just comes down to: do they reshoot things to replace him or do they reshoot to simply eliminate him from the movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

While I did like TJ Miller as Weasel, that part was p much made for Jay Baruchel.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

TJ Miller doesn't really get parts where he's not playing TJ Miller.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
There's been a handful of women I follow on Twitter who have shared their TJ Miller stories (including one who got a restraining order against Miller's friend and he told her he'd end her career if she went through with it) and basically gently caress him.

I see that him and his wife have released a statement basically saying that girl is crazy, but I suspect you're going to see more stuff coming out about him.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I really admire all of these women who are making it possible for others to come out and say yeah, it happened to me too. I can't imagine how hard it is to be the first one to come out publicly against a celebrity/actor/comedian/etc, and I'm not sure if I could do it were I in the same position.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Cameo posted:

Reynolds and Leitch are definitely mad as hell, but imagine how ripshit Fox executives who are trying to secure a Disney buyout of the studio are over this poo poo. "Co-star of one of the biggest hits we've had in the last couple of years is a rapist who also has drugged women's drinks at bars" is really not the headline you want when $54 billion is on the line, especially since Disney has to be wary of any scandalous stuff in the wake of Harvey's sociopathic lifestyle that was just as much in full swing in the decade plus that they owned Miramax (which somehow they've managed to keep themselves only slightly muddied by).

There's no way he makes it to the final cut. The question really just comes down to: do they reshoot things to replace him or do they reshoot to simply eliminate him from the movie.

I don't think this really makes Fox specifically a less attractive prospect for Disney; Miller has had major parts in films with numerous studios, including Disney.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Fuckin' A man. Bad enough the guy looks like a date rapist.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I guess that DEADPOOL is far enough away that it'll soften the blow and also, Miller is not really a household name. It's not out until next, what, June? I'm sure Fox will just hedge their bets on that and stop anyone from taking questions on Miller.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
That's a good bartender right there holy poo poo.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Tailored Sauce posted:

That's a good bartender right there holy poo poo.

As I understand from someone who went to bartender school or one of those deals, that's part of the training now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't even remember TJ Miller from Deadpool, was it even a major role? There only supporting characters I remember are the x men, the blind lady, and Deadpool's girlfriend.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't even remember TJ Miller from Deadpool, was it even a major role? There only supporting characters I remember are the x men, the blind lady, and Deadpool's girlfriend.

I think he's the idiot friend that Wade talks to from time to time in his apartment. I only vaguely remember that character but I'm pretty sure that's him by process of elimination.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

He was the friend/bar owner.

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017

davidspackage posted:

I'm saddened by any male celeb I like and respect going #notallmen. drat it, Matt Damon.

Why? Is his claim untrue?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

As I understand from someone who went to bartender school or one of those deals, that's part of the training now.

Especially in college towns and at hotels that have bars, yes, it's pretty much standard training procedure. I know the Madison Police Department holds safety / educational sessions for hospitality workers every six months or so.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I HAVE GOUT posted:

Why? Is his claim untrue?

Yeah, actually all men are rapists, all of them.

Of course not, but it's the kind of Not Getting The Point that keeps a need for women and men to go public with their stories, rather than being able to go to a superior and trusting that their situation will be handled.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I didn't realize there was a bartender school. But I guess if you are above dive level you need to know how to mix a drink.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yep. I also have some hairdresser friends who have told me it’s part of their training to recognize signs of domestic abuse.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

dont even fink about it posted:

I didn't realize there was a bartender school. But I guess if you are above dive level you need to know how to mix a drink.

Some places, most commonly corporate-owned locations, require staff to have ServSafe certification or something along those lines.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, most states require RAMP certification to cover any issues that come up from checking IDs before you can legally tend bar. Corner bars tend to look the other way on it but the more you make the more the state's LCB is going to pay attention to you.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

dont even fink about it posted:

I doubt you legally have to be accredited to be a bartender but you audition for barbacking, so some kinda formal training couldn't hurt.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Having a mixology certification can help but is not required.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There are no requirements at all at most places. I got bumped uo from barback because the evening guy went back to jail and I'd never made a mixed drink in my life at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It is work for rapscallions after all.