Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

therobit posted:

Eggs last basically forever.

Yeah even as a bachelor I can finish the 2 doz eggs. They easily last 3 weeks at least and then you can hard boil then for another week or so if you have any left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
They are allowed to be up to 60 days old when they hit the store, and then if refrigerated should last at least 60 days at home. And that is minimum. Realistically they are probably not 60 days old yet when you get them. Even if they are 60 days old you still have 60 days which is 5 dozen at an egg a day, which means a single person could reasonably eat the large 5 dozen packages they sell before they expire.

That said, I keep hens and get about a dozen and a half per week from them so if I am buying eggs I usually wait until the grocery store has them on sale for $1/doz and buy 2 doz at that price. Between those and my hens it keeps my family of 4 in eggs for a month.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's some good egg information.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You guys are slacking on the costco pictures.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I’m crossing my fingers, and hoping the Woodstock one will have booze.

It does not.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

therobit posted:

Even if they are 60 days old you still have 60 days which is 5 dozen at an egg a day, which means a single person could reasonably eat the large 5 dozen packages they sell before they expire.

Just LOL if you’re not eating five dozen eggs every morning.

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007

therobit posted:

That said, I keep hens and get about a dozen and a half per week from them so if I am buying eggs I usually wait until the grocery store has them on sale for $1/doz and buy 2 doz at that price.

You raise hens but still buy factory farmed eggs?:(

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Lupin posted:

You raise hens but still buy factory farmed eggs?:(

I live in a residential neighborhood and have a coop that can only hold about 4 birds. I mean the manufacturer days 6 but after 3 it starts to get a little cramped. So I only have 3 hens right now.

I have kids and can't afford 4 bucks a dozen for cage free organic eggs. So we mostly eat the ones our girls produce but if we need to supplement it is what goes on sale at the grocery store.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Phylodox posted:

Just LOL if you’re not eating five dozen eggs every morning.

:same:

naem
May 29, 2011

plape tickler posted:

You guys are slacking on the costco pictures.

https://youtu.be/Py6gMdV5uKY

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
So, it’s been weeks since either of the Costcos I frequent have had sauerkraut for my dog. At this point, I had just about given up. I had been forsaken. So today I planned ahead. I packed a tiny li’l Tupperware of my own sauerkraut for my dog!

So, apparently my local Costcos have replenished their sauerkraut stores. :doh:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Does anyone's Costco carry Blue Hill Bay smoked whitefish? One of my two local stores used to get it once in a while -- whole, golden, beautiful smoked fish you could debone and turn into the most delicious whitefish salad. It was vacuum-packed and stocked near the smoked salmon and canned crabmeat in the refrigerated cases, usually not far from the deli meats and cheeses.

I loved it so much, but they haven't had it in over a year. I call about it from time to time, since that store is further out of my way, but they never have it and rarely even know what I'm talking about.

Mine does! We also have their premade whitefish salad (which I haven't tried). I wonder how much demand there actually is for it around here in the SF Bay Area, though. Definitely thought it was more of a NYC thing.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Whitefish salad on bagel chips with fresh onion is a pro snack.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I blame the thread for making the Ultimate Sherpa Throw so popular that I am not able to find one at either of my two local 'cos. I gave one as a White Elephant gift and it was the most "stolen" gift in the bunch. My mother in law asked me to pick one up for her so of course I said "no problem!"...

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Whitefish salad on bagel chips with fresh onion is a pro snack.

This guy snacks.

naem
May 29, 2011

Argyle posted:

This guy snacks.

he snacks HARD

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
@The good high Rev. Dr. Tim Watley,

How do we feel about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1cqDQSOrZM

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Teikanmi posted:

@The good high Rev. Dr. Tim Watley,

How do we feel about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1cqDQSOrZM

I started out watching with a worried mind but also hesitant to pass judgement. I finished overjoyed and spirits lifted anew that Costco provides for all and welcomes all. PBUC + refill I say!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I put an almost irresponsible amount of onion on my dogs. Almost.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Watched a man eat 3/4ths of a Costco pepperoni pizza by himself today. It was inhuman.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Relevant Tangent posted:

Watched a man eat 3/4ths of a Costco pepperoni pizza by himself today. It was inhuman.

I've eaten all but one slice before (not the crusts though). I had sat down just to eat one slice because it was fresh, and some random rear end in a top hat walked by and said "Can't eat all that". I was then determined to show him that yes, I could eat all that. Never again.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Relevant Tangent posted:

you reminded me of this video of a True American Hero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH8PM5QN9OE

G*d Bles That Man.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Anyone know where I can get a PBUC t-shirt

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Kiranamos posted:

Anyone know where I can get a PBUC t-shirt

Me smells a goon project?

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Printed on those brilliant Kirkland brand T-shirts.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I came back into the office today after a couple weeks of traveling/working from home and guess what was on my desk as a holiday gift from the higher-ups?

That's right, a sherpa throw. I feel like there is only one place this could have come from, and my faith is confirmed. PBUC.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I've eaten all but one slice before (not the crusts though). I had sat down just to eat one slice because it was fresh, and some random rear end in a top hat walked by and said "Can't eat all that". I was then determined to show him that yes, I could eat all that. Never again.

Something like 4250 calories in one sitting and you still didn't prove the dude wrong smh.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

canoshiz posted:

Mine does! We also have their premade whitefish salad (which I haven't tried). I wonder how much demand there actually is for it around here in the SF Bay Area, though. Definitely thought it was more of a NYC thing.

I used to find it once in a while in a suburb of Orlando, FL, which pleasantly surprised me every time. But like I said, not in a long time.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

I put an almost irresponsible amount of onion on my dogs. Almost.

I go to town with the onions, whether on a slice of pep, or my dog. PBUC

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

belt posted:

Printed on those brilliant Kirkland brand T-shirts.

embroidered or im out

(PBUC)

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

embroidered or im out

(PBUC)

embroidered shirts are for old people

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
The shirt to score is the embroidered polos that they make up for each grand opening. I have 3 or 4 (Houston Galleria, Colorado Springs, and a couple I cant remember). I also have a few from the annual managers conference. Haven't scored a hat yet though, but I do have a beanie.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Meydey posted:

The shirt to score is the embroidered polos that they make up for each grand opening. I have 3 or 4 (Houston Galleria, Colorado Springs, and a couple I cant remember). I also have a few from the annual managers conference. Haven't scored a hat yet though, but I do have a beanie.

No Butt Stuff posted:

embroidered shirts are for old people

~sigh~ I'm an old

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I have never waited for more than a few minutes at a gas line at Costco. The giant mass of cars is intimidating, but it actually moves really fast.

Just don't get behind the F150 because 35 gallons takes a while.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My wife works in the tire center. Apparently someone just walked into the shop the other day, grabbed a set of keys out of the cabinet and stole the car.

I can't wait to hear how Costco is gonna compensate that member.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

No Butt Stuff posted:

My wife works in the tire center. Apparently someone just walked into the shop the other day, grabbed a set of keys out of the cabinet and stole the car.

Probably buy them a new car. It's the Costco way.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

No Butt Stuff posted:

It'd take at least a dozen free hot dogs + soda (with refill) to make things right.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

I buy 5 dozen crates of eggs and eat them myself.

Are you roughly the size of a barge, Gaston?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Meydey posted:

This guy shops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Went to Costco today to swap out some small kids clothes I bought and pick up a pack of women's socks. On the way out I hit the food court. Place was packed and I was sitting next to a lady who ordered a bowl of chili and a hot dog.

She was about halfway done with the chili, dog untouched, when she had a revelation. Same one I had just a few days ago.

She takes her spoon and start scooping the chili onto the dog. She took and bite, smiled and then filled the rest of the dog with heaping spoonfuls of chili.

She got so excited she literally called her friend on the phone and told them about the chili offerings and what she had discovered.

On my way out I accidentally gave the receipt checker my receipt for pepperoni pizza and soda and she marked it off anyways.