Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

IcarusUpHigh posted:

The IGN teaser is up

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/12/...aa793dc4d00001d

EDIT - loving LOL. They've animated the FPS view to look like the player's walking over to him, and superimposed some 'Dialogue' select options over the top of it.

Wow - a "cinematic" but no loving game. I'm not sure I can handle this unforeseen turn of events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

like I know I shouldn't be surprised about how loving dumb these people are, but I seem to be constantly surprised how loving dumb these people are

You'll always flinch at fast-moving objects. It's an autonomic response.

Wow, that video is a bullshot.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

stay frosty, thread

Reporting for dookie.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lol they really had those machinima kids working triple shifts to poo poo this out lol

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Hav posted:

You'll always flinch at fast-moving objects. It's an autonomic response.

Wow, that video is a bullshot.

At least its funny...

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My guess? Nothing. With lawyers breathing down their necks they're going to forget that Squadron 42 even existed and instead focus exclusively on Star Citizen. Oh wait, they're loving incompetent.

They'll sell Squadron 42: Episode 2 and Episode 3. Everyone already gets Episode 1, most early backers got Episode 2, and nobody got Episode 3. So now would be a perfect time to offer the entire trilogy, complete with a special "Meritorious Conduct" package for anyone who buys the trilogy so that they can have a bit of a leg up when their character transitions from SQ42 to the main Star Citizen game. That or they can sell the F8 Lightning for some exorbitant price.

They will attach a "SQ42 Backer Only" PU ship for pre-order of all of the episodes. It of course will be in the $1000's. Whales will go into a frenzy.

3.821 Million is my guess.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

Wow - a "cinematic" but no loving game. I'm not sure I can handle this unforeseen turn of events.
nah I'm sure they'll show the first mission you fly with him afterwards as well as a smash cut from the shubin level, because sandi would have a fit if she's not in the goddamn reveal trailer

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Er what are you talking about, it totally IS gameplay duuur!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/943503416323723264
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/943506152633061376
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/943507886386368512
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/943502597494923264

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
the last time someone ran a marketing thing on IGN it was almost $50,000 for a simple highlight

your backer dollars at work lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not even an attempt at a release date on that trailer

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

What the gently caress is this horrible bullshit.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That looks pretty crap

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol

I take it none of them read this thread at all

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Spaceship combat game shows off cutscene with no spaceship combat. No gameplay shown, either. I wonder why.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

IcarusUpHigh posted:

The IGN teaser is up

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/12/...aa793dc4d00001d

EDIT - loving LOL. They've animated the FPS view to look like the player's walking over to him, and superimposed some 'Dialogue' select options over the top of it.
Star Citizen's Space Combat Spin-Off

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Mostly spin and off, not so much combat.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
they are just digging themselves deeper

skadden are probably loving this marketing push, holy poo poo

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

PederP posted:

Spaceship combat game shows off cutscene with no spaceship combat. No gameplay shown, either. I wonder why.

the rest is coming tomorrow, duh

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is that the guy from the morrow tour with new hair polishing poo poo?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

sweet helmet flip brah

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Where's the CryEngine logo?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The writing is atrocious. Hamill comes off as a huge dickhead who only speaks in cliches.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

PederP posted:

Mostly spin and off, not so much combat.
Captain B'tak will be most relieved then.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wait I thought Mark Hamill was supposed to be in the trailer. Who the gently caress is this guy?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Er what are you talking about, it totally IS gameplay duuur!

So CIG put a conversation "tree" (which appears to be an opportunity to play the tutorial) over the unskippable non-gameplay cinematic, and this guy sees it and says "NO IT'S THE INNER THOUGHT SYSTEM".

"Inner Thought" system. Amazing how CIG manages to give a proper name to every mechanic they "develop" (otherwise known as stealing and then renaming to cover your tracks.)

Tip for CIG: you don't have to steal every gameplay element, rename it, then deny knowing about it and claiming you invented it. Especially since everything you reinvent has been broken poo poo. There's no shame in just using what the real game developers are using. You might even squeak out something resembling a smartphone app one day.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Mirificus, can you please stop spam posting the poo poo these horrible people say on Twitter? I mean jesus loving christ, we get it. They're awful human beings, and their deluded world-view is hard to fathom. But this thread looks every bit as bad as r/ds when you do that poo poo. It's not funny, it's not worth a good god drat to anybody except maybe derek, and honestly dude, after a while it's just kind of depressing. Like, not just them, but your cringey loving obsession with them. That's depressing too.

It's the holidays and I'm on vacation. loving cool it with that poo poo.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/943531733269565441

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:laffo:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/943501220655886336

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Toops posted:

Mirificus, can you please stop spam posting the poo poo these horrible people say on Twitter? I mean jesus loving christ, we get it. They're awful human beings, and their deluded world-view is hard to fathom. But this thread looks every bit as bad as r/ds when you do that poo poo. It's not funny, it's not worth a good god drat to anybody except maybe derek, and honestly dude, after a while it's just kind of depressing. Like, not just them, but your cringey loving obsession with them. That's depressing too.

It's the holidays and I'm on vacation. loving cool it with that poo poo.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

And another thing - "That's your Gladius."

Chris, you motherfucker, nobody cares what you named your stupid loving JPEGs. You did not create an IP, you did not craft a universe, you did not create "lore"; you're a giant loving autist with no vision. "That's your ship." That's the correct loving line. "Your ship."

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Great way to make everyone want to play in your universe. I get to deal with a self important rear end in a top hat who talks down to everyone? Sign me the gently caress up.

This is how crobbler assumes big important people are supposed to behave.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Scruffpuff posted:

And another thing - "That's your Gladius."

Chris, you motherfucker, nobody cares what you named your stupid loving JPEGs. You did not create an IP, you did not craft a universe, you did not create "lore"; you're a giant loving autist with no vision. "That's your ship." That's the correct loving line. "Your ship."

Stay frosty, Scruffpuff

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

ScoreLord posted:

Any Australians in the thread may wish to pick up the latest issue of PC PowerPlay; it contains a column predicting what will occur in the world of gaming in 2018, including a few key events for Star Citizen.

Ahahaha

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Mount up cowboy at dawn we ride the thunder hills to destiny awaits stay frosty newbie if you live long enough good job kid your old man.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bootcha posted:

Where's the CryEngine logo?

Nonono dig UP stupid!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Now go watch any cutscene from Uncharted 4

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Daztek posted:

Stay frosty, Scruffpuff

:pgabz: :argh: Impossible :argh: :pgabz:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Dusty Lens posted:

Mount up cowboy at dawn we ride the thunder hills to destiny awaits stay frosty newbie if you live long enough good job kid your old man.

I'm the "stay frosty" option in the binary dialog tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Man that text voiceover was super confusing and fyi; players don't like it when you show one text and the character says something totally different so good job shooting yourself in the foot.

also

Called it