Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Costco should sell curry powder. I live in an area where I can get it cheap at lots of Indian markets, but it's not as convenient as a trip to the 'Co. I've never seen that comments/suggestions book at my Costcos :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I've told people about their spice isle and many people are like :confused:. People just get set in their routines and forget parts of the store I think.

Their salt & pepper grinders are essential! Also their salt free seasoning mix is great.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

I've told people about their spice isle and many people are like :confused:. People just get set in their routines and forget parts of the store I think.

Their salt & pepper grinders are essential! Also their salt free seasoning mix is great.

In Soviet Canuckistan, for spices I go to Bulk Barn, especially if I'm doing an Indian dish, so I don't have stuff going stale. I just buy as much for the dish that I need. Bulk Barn, Princess Auto, and Costco are the holy trinity up here.

PBUC

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Anyone try the cilantro lime shrimp that's precooked in the deli section? Thinking about picking it up for a xmas appetizer.

Loveline
Dec 30, 2005

FCKGW posted:

On my way out I accidentally gave the receipt checker my receipt for pepperoni pizza and soda and she marked it off anyways.

Buy your dog and 'za in the main checkout for that extra 2%! (with the executive membership of course)

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

FCKGW posted:

On my way out I accidentally gave the receipt checker my receipt for pepperoni pizza and soda and she marked it off anyways.

At my church they always look closely at the receipt, and your cart. The other day they lady says, "Uh oh..." as she is checking things, and begins counting again.

I just stand there, cool as a cucumber, aspect at rest, almost beatific look upon my face.

She recounts, says, "Oh, ok, it matches," and allows me to exit.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Gravitee posted:

Anyone try the cilantro lime shrimp that's precooked in the deli section? Thinking about picking it up for a xmas appetizer.

It's loving amazing. Do it.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

13Pandora13 posted:

It's loving amazing. Do it.

Seconding, Lime shrimp is delicious. The regular shrimp cocktail is real good too, the sauce is a little plain but adequate (you could easily spice it up) and the shrimp are nice and big.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

FCKGW posted:

Did she poke your belly first?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Also a few months ago I wanted to just go to the customer service counter, on the left. The lady at the door stopped me, told me I had to go in the entrance door an extra 7 feet to the right. I told her I had no other business except customer service.... but she insisted I walk in the entrance, around the pillar separating the doors, and then go to customer service. I'm in my 40s and felt ridiculous doing this... and I asked her if she knew this was ridiculous... but it was very important to her that I walk an extra 7 feet and go around the pillar.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

GORDON posted:

Also a few months ago I wanted to just go to the customer service counter, on the left. The lady at the door stopped me, told me I had to go in the entrance door an extra 7 feet to the right. I told her I had no other business except customer service.... but she insisted I walk in the entrance, around the pillar separating the doors, and then go to customer service. I'm in my 40s and felt ridiculous doing this... and I asked her if she knew this was ridiculous... but it was very important to her that I walk an extra 7 feet and go around the pillar.

This is a new policy I think, they won't let me go through the exit to get to the food court any more, I have to go through the entrance and pass through the registers to get that sweet sweet chicken bake

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Not even through the registers... just around the pillar separating the entrance from exit, instead of straight into the exit. It was... I'm sorry, but it was stupid. The rare Costco misstep.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Please do not wish ill on the low clergy! They do not always know the faith that you bring. I find the entrance policies to be a bit random from clergyperson to clergyperson. Sometimes they cast not a stare, sometimes they ask for the holy card(my favorite, as I am happy to bear witness to the black card) sometimes they do demand to enter through the exit door. Perhaps a decree from the head clergy should clear this up? PBUC as always

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
A number of stores have started opening up a separate door for returns/customer service. They really don't want people strolling in via the exit. Not exactly hard to go in the exit, cut the registers and the wander around the warehouse.
I do wish they had a dedicated lane thru the registers that wasn't always blocked off. Especially if you are shopping and the bathrooms are past the registers.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Every church out here has a separate little side door with a roped off line area for customer service. I haven't actually seen anything else now that I think about it but maybe it's cause Oregon is so close to the promised land

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Many of the older west coast stores and some east coast are different due to them being built before the cookie cutter Costcos. New ones all have roughly the same shape/floor plan. Southcenter (#6) is the biggest floor space wise, and does not have a returns door. Issaquah (#110) does next to the exit. The most interesting is San Diego, which is also the Regional office. That used to be an old airplane hanger, and was the Price Club main office before the merger.
https://www.google.com/maps/@32.8217539,-117.2242808,3a,60y,303.89h,89.17t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sJpnG3xIWjctgl4_EqSraNA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Meydey posted:

A number of stores have started opening up a separate door for returns/customer service. They really don't want people strolling in via the exit. Not exactly hard to go in the exit, cut the registers and the wander around the warehouse.

This makes no sense to me because you need a card to checkout anyways so what’s the point?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FCKGW posted:

This makes no sense to me because you need a card to checkout anyways so what’s the point?
A trio of annoying teens walked in last week to sample the freebies and get a slice.

I'd rather that filth stay at the mall where it belongs.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Please do not wish ill on the low clergy! They do not always know the faith that you bring. I find the entrance policies to be a bit random from clergyperson to clergyperson. Sometimes they cast not a stare, sometimes they ask for the holy card(my favorite, as I am happy to bear witness to the black card) sometimes they do demand to enter through the exit door. Perhaps a decree from the head clergy should clear this up? PBUC as always

Black card? Do you not have a Costco Visa?!

When they did the change over the Visa I decided I needed my first credit card. Went up to a computer monitor and typed in some information, I got approved in seconds. No background check, nothing. Costco even does debt in bulk! Limit was like 4k.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Y'all ever been to a Costco.... Business Center? It's like jerking off with your left hand or something out of the twilight zone.

Everything I just a bit different, lots of stuff is missing but also lots of stuff regular Costco doesn't have. No food court, no clothing, no bakery or butcher. They do have whole 40lb lambs or goats though.

It was dead quiet in there, no line and only 2 registers open anyways.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Super Waffle posted:

This is a new policy I think, they won't let me go through the exit to get to the food court any more, I have to go through the entrance and pass through the registers to get that sweet sweet chicken bake

Yes they just did this to me as well last week.

I think it is foolish because I will show the lady my card, go in to get my dog, then leave to get a cart, and come back in and show the lady my card.

I'm going to get double counted, 'Co. Is that what you want? An incorrect count?

PBUC

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Verging dangerously close to heresy against C*stco itt

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Good Dog posted:

Y'all ever been to a Costco.... Business Center? It's like jerking off with your left hand or something out of the twilight zone.

Everything I just a bit different, lots of stuff is missing but also lots of stuff regular Costco doesn't have. No food court, no clothing, no bakery or butcher. They do have whole 40lb lambs or goats though.

It was dead quiet in there, no line and only 2 registers open anyways.

I love Costco Business Centers. I have one a few miles from my house, and it has lots of cool cooking stuff(super cheap quality chef knifes) and a whole bunch of useful stuff that a regular Costco doesn't have. And they are always really slow.
No food court or samples though.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Meydey posted:

Especially if you are shopping and the bathrooms are past the registers.

Yeah my costco's bathrooms are past the registers and I feel weird whenever i have to slip back through the closed registers after dropping off a 1/4 pound+ of my own if you catch my drift

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Yes they just did this to me as well last week.

I think it is foolish because I will show the lady my card, go in to get my dog, then leave to get a cart, and come back in and show the lady my card.

I'm going to get double counted, 'Co. Is that what you want? An incorrect count?

PBUC

Well to be honest, a double count couldn't hurt this time of year. When their door counts are on average 400+ per half hour and as high as 800 at my Costco, they're going to miss a few people. I'm actually surprised none of the door people has had their thumb fall off with all the clicking they do all day.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

poisonpill posted:

Verging dangerously close to heresy against C*stco itt

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Argyle posted:

Yeah my costco's bathrooms are past the registers and I feel weird whenever i have to slip back through the closed registers after dropping off a 1/4 pound+ of my own if you catch my drift

Do you also drop off the drink (urine) plus one refill (shaking once and only one)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Well my grandmother died :( ......

AND THAT MEANS I GET TO BE ON THE BUSINESS CARD! HELL YEAH!

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

The Co giveth and the Co giveth some more

My cup runneth over (from free refills)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Mo_Steel posted:

Are you roughly the size of a barge, Gaston?
Eggs are actually a good way to lose weight.

Spinach and egg scrambles e'rry day.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

I made scrambled eggs with some shredded Costco cheese with a side of Normandy veggies for dinner last night.

:discourse:

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

ArbitraryC posted:

Sounds nice. Unfortunately I'm boycotting eggs since the chickens here are boiled to death once they stop laying.

Costco does seem to be a good place to get cat food too. Ooh, I bet that's where all the gubbins and "bits" from the dead boiled chickens get sent!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

IronClaymore posted:

Sounds nice. Unfortunately I'm boycotting eggs since the chickens here are boiled to death once they stop laying.

Costco does seem to be a good place to get cat food too. Ooh, I bet that's where all the gubbins and "bits" from the dead boiled chickens get sent!

Ugh, boiled chickens.

At least batter and deep fry those motherfuckers.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Costco does sell a giant boiled chicken vac pack. :sadwave:

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.

Mnemosyne posted:

My husband told me that when he was a broke, hungry, disgusting teenager, he went to 7-11, bought a Big Gulp and filled the cup with the chili meant for the hot dogs instead of soda.

sometimes i do this with a watercup for the salsa bar at moes since they give you so many chips and the tiny plastic rammikins absolutely do not cut it volume-wise, especially if you're getting the food to go and cant just pour the salsa on the chips.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dely Apple posted:

Costco does sell a giant boiled chicken vac pack. :sadwave:

Isn't that the leftover rotisserie chicken?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

binge crotching posted:

Isn't that the leftover rotisserie chicken?

They are done offsite.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Our Costco was super picked over today, sadly - no sherpas (we need a replacement, we ruined ours washing it with towels :(), no Beats headphones, no ribbon or bows - and an absolute madhouse but we got everything else we needed, including a bottle of Kirkland 7 year aged Tennessee Bourbon to trial tomorrow in a taste test against our local small batch bourbon which has won a bunch of awards (Cedar Ridge if anyone knows their spirits).

It was a lot of fun, and most of the employees were super cheerful except one woman who was working in refrigerated who looked to be on the edge of tears because people were continually being rude to her. gently caress people, I realize Costco is a much better place to work than typical retail hell but this is still the worst time of year to be working retail, EVEN COSTCO.

Our Costco was so busy they had guys from the tire center helping put stuff back in carts. Very merry.

PBUC

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

goons tricked me into thinking costco was cool it was AIGHT but i'm just one broken man living alone so obviously i don't need 300 of anything..... i will say however big ups to whomever recommended the free onion salads!! you can eat there for free even without a membership

they were forced to give me my money back when i slam dunk cancelled my poo poo right in their dumb faces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

rap music posted:

goons tricked me into thinking costco was cool it was AIGHT but i'm just one broken man living alone so obviously i don't need 300 of anything..... i will say however big ups to whomever recommended the free onion salads!! you can eat there for free even without a membership

they were forced to give me my money back when i slam dunk cancelled my poo poo right in their dumb faces

Bitch