Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

anthonypants posted:

ok so we're all upset at sagebrush for spending a week on their turn

Sagebrush is in India this week without reliable internet so they sent me the save file and i did the Gaians' turn. i sent the save to Luigi Thirty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I sent my save on to the Hive.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

I sent my save on to the Hive.

just got it, will play my turn tonight and send it on!

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

cheese-cube posted:

just got it, will play my turn tonight and send it on!

better post about it before your toxx kicks in!!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Glorgnole posted:

better post about it before your toxx kicks in!!

i sent the save to improbablelobster last night. dont fire me out of a cannon yet

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i got the save this morning, it's a miracle

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I’m fast, not only at smac

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
round two is over, let's see how many more rounds we can run through before the new year

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

on xmas day i hope to be opening presents and the two unity pods near my HQ (come on unity rover and artifact)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I kept getting weird random crashes on my last turn but that was on my laptop. I think my desktop should fair better.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

cheese-cube posted:

on xmas day i hope to be opening presents and the two unity pods near my HQ (come on unity rover and artifact)

how are you going to process the artifact without a network node? :smug:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Luigi Thirty posted:

how are you going to process the artifact without a network node? :smug:

university?

Also cash in to hurry the weather project

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Is there a way to post updates of how the game is going that might be of interest to spectators without making super secret tactics public and ruining the game?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Crazy Achmed posted:

Is there a way to post updates of how the game is going that might be of interest to spectators without making super secret tactics public and ruining the game?
turn three just started. does that help

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

anthonypants posted:

turn three just started. does that help

most invigorating

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Gonna be a grip before anyone actually sees or does anything interesting

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

i think the biggest limitations on the rate of play are that everyone's 1) an adult 2) with a job 3) all over the world. the practical maximum is probably 1 turn per 2 days if everyone's super committed, because i wasn't thinking about time zones when assigning the turn order.

one thing to do could be to find an hour or two when everyone can be online and crank through a bunch of turns all at once. might not be possible given peoples' working schedules.

another thing would be you all tell me in detail what you want to have happen w/ your faction up to turn 20 or whatever and then I personally play through everyone's turns up to that point to get us to a more interesting point in the game.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Improbable Lobster posted:

Gonna be a grip before anyone actually sees or does anything interesting
someone might start their second base soon

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol like anyone playing a pbem strategy game over the internet gets to second base

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I’m Zakharov so you might as well just declare me the winner anyway

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

cheese-cube posted:

im coming for you improbable lobster. the only good drone is an oppressed nerve staple drone!!!

Now it's day and night the keyboard clang, and like poor gaming mans 
We post and post and when we die, must take dishonored bans 
But some dark night, when everything is silent on the 'pos 
I'll shoot those tyrants one and all, I'll make the admins cross 
I'll give the forum a little shock, remember what I post, 
And they'll yet regret they've sent Lobster in chains to Shitpost Coast.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 18, 2017

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

just sent next turn.
ya'll won't believe how real poo poo will get when my scouts can get out of this whack rear end floating colony.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Cazlab posted:

just sent next turn.
ya'll won't believe how real poo poo will get when my scouts can get out of this whack rear end floating colony.

should've built a gun foil instead

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

do NOT get owned.

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

Glorgnole posted:

i think the biggest limitations on the rate of play are that everyone's 1) an adult 2) with a job 3) all over the world. the practical maximum is probably 1 turn per 2 days if everyone's super committed, because i wasn't thinking about time zones when assigning the turn order.

one thing to do could be to find an hour or two when everyone can be online and crank through a bunch of turns all at once. might not be possible given peoples' working schedules.

another thing would be you all tell me in detail what you want to have happen w/ your faction up to turn 20 or whatever and then I personally play through everyone's turns up to that point to get us to a more interesting point in the game.

lol.
i wish i had a job.

that's not a bad idea though, since you don't have a stake in the game.
wouldn't be opposed to it.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

turn 3 hype, feels like we're in a good rhythm now

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
finished and sent off my turn

i also noticed that you can launch alien xfire through gog galaxy by hitting more and then other

though fwiw i keep getting crashes when selecting units if i launch through galaxy

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

yeah i found its easier just to launch terranx.exe directly

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
if opening the game is this difficult it really puts into perspective how and why everyone is taking so long to do their turns

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

truly it's a sisyphean task

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
also i want to remind everyone about the ini config changes in the op if you haven't modified your ini yet

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
hey, you guys should take screenshots and stuff so you can share with everybody how the game goes

i mean, assuming that you ever get more than a couple of turns done

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Foo Diddley posted:

hey, you guys should take screenshots and stuff so you can share with everybody how the game goes

i mean, assuming that you ever get more than a couple of turns done

as of this week we're out of "a couple turns" and safely into "a few turns" territory :yeah:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

5, 10?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i just got the save and as soon as i finish that'll be the end of round three

Foo Diddley posted:

santiago's rigid military discipline would consider this extremely bad opsec but everyone else is encouraged to post their screenshots and map locations

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 20, 2017

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

anthonypants posted:

i just got the save and as soon as i finish that'll be the end of round three
santiago's rigid military discipline would consider this extremely bad opsec but everyone else is encouraged to post their screenshots and map locations

well i was thinking you'd post them later, when they weren't strategically important anymore

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Foo Diddley posted:

well i was thinking you'd post them later, when they weren't strategically important anymore
so maybe in a few months when we encounter other players, you want screenshots of our starting area? that's what you meant?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

anthonypants posted:

so maybe in a few months when we encounter other players, you want screenshots of our starting area? that's what you meant?

sure, or after the game is done, whenever, doesn't matter. i just want to see how the game goes

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
after the game is over we can post our saves somewhere assuming no one picked an actual password, idc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

lol nah, turn 3 postahhh

https://twitter.com/GarbageDotNet/status/943436619813490690

the hive does not endorse the exuberance of unity pods but does acknowledge their utility