Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I doubt you legally have to be accredited to be a bartender but you audition for barbacking, so some kinda formal training couldn't hurt.
Washington state requires a mixology permit but the enforcement isn't particularly strictand the five hour course is incredibly easy, has nothing to do with mixing drinks, and included no advice about spotying roofies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

A buddy of mine runs a well regarded bar in downtown Chicago and not only do they require you to go to bar tending school he had to get some of kind of accreditation as a sommelier but for beer

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

To circle back to Miller, The Gorburger Show was cancelled by Comedy Central today. I suspect we'll see more of his projects get axed in the coming days. Now that steam has picked up, I'll be very surprised if he is kept in Deadpool 2.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Fart City posted:

To circle back to Miller, The Gorburger Show was cancelled by Comedy Central today. I suspect we'll see more of his projects get axed in the coming days. Now that steam has picked up, I'll be very surprised if he is kept in Deadpool 2.

They've got like six months until release, but Miller was said to have a pretty significant role in Deadpool 2. That would be a pretty expensive month or two of re-shoots.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Fart City posted:

I tweted this to him but he hasnt made a new post in a couple days. https://mobile.twitter.com/sportsfan1337/status/943523928625987584

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
It amazes me that someone who has only contributed lovely X-Men movies to our culture has evaded justice for so long.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd even be ok if they replaced him with Kevin James.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Replace him with the woman he assaulted.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That would rule.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

K. Waste posted:

Replace him with the woman he assaulted.

This. And two or three times she gets to break the 4th wall and flip him the bird.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Timby posted:

They've got like six months until release, but Miller was said to have a pretty significant role in Deadpool 2. That would be a pretty expensive month or two of re-shoots.

Well, Ridley Scott set a hell of a precedent, and I doubt the inevitable negative buzz of keeping him in would be what Disney would want as they settle into their Fox acquisition.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

viral spiral posted:

What precedent has my man Ridley Scott set?!?!

It was awesome, with basically weeks to go he unilaterally cut Kevin Spacey from his upcoming film and re-shot all of his scenes with Christopher Plummer and is still making the Christmas Day release date and some early reviews are saying Plummer's performance is pretty much Oscar-worthy in and of itself which is good since this was to be like a huge Oscar-bait flick resting on Kevin Spacey.

EDIT:

I mean the unilaterally part literally, Scott got rid of Spacey and set all of this into motion and then let Paramount now what was happening afterwards.

Man imagine having that kind of loving clout in Hollywood to be able to pull something like that but you still have to get a white dude to play Moses.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 21, 2017

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Timby posted:

Replace him with digital inserts of Plummer from The Sound of Music and Star Trek VI, no matter how obvious or inappropriate they are. The only reshoots you need are equally obvious or inappropriate inserts of Deadpool's reactions.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not exactly sexual assault but E! news host Catt Sadler has quit after learning that she was literally making half of what her male cohost was making, despite working for the network the same amount of time.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

TJ Miller always looks like he's been drinking for hours on end.

What did Matt Damon do?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Neo Rasa posted:

It was awesome, with basically weeks to go he unilaterally cut Kevin Spacey from his upcoming film and re-shot all of his scenes with Christopher Plummer and is still making the Christmas Day release date and some early reviews are saying Plummer's performance is pretty much Oscar-worthy in and of itself which is good since this was to be like a huge Oscar-bait flick resting on Kevin Spacey.

EDIT:

I mean the unilaterally part literally, Scott got rid of Spacey and set all of this into motion and then let Paramount now what was happening afterwards.

Man imagine having that kind of loving clout in Hollywood to be able to pull something like that but you still have to get a white dude to play Moses.

I mean, how do you not get Christopher Plummer to reshoot TJ Miller's role in Deadpool 2 after that

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Replace TJ Miller with Terry Crews.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I wonder how many of these accused people have a chance at getting their careers back. Actors might suffer more because, obviously, audiences can see them and it's a grim reminder of what they did but I suspect that directors and producers might still find work.

We may have reached such a saturation point that people don't even remember the people accused.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Yaws posted:

TJ Miller always looks like he's been drinking for hours on end.

What did Matt Damon do?

Basically said we should celebrate all the men who don't sexually assault women.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Davros1 posted:

Basically said we should celebrate all the men who don't sexually assault women.

I think he also said we should lower our standard and ignore sexual harassment because it's not rape. Pretty disgusting stuff.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Yaws posted:

I wonder how many of these accused people have a chance at getting their careers back. Actors might suffer more because, obviously, audiences can see them and it's a grim reminder of what they did but I suspect that directors and producers might still find work.

We may have reached such a saturation point that people don't even remember the people accused.

TJ Miller is 100% done after 10 more people came out saying a bunch of horrible poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

21 Muns posted:

I think he also said we should lower our standard and ignore sexual harassment because it's not rape. Pretty disgusting stuff.

Whoa, got a link to this?

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Whoa, got a link to this?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/matt-damon-opens-harvey-weinstein-sexual-harassment-confidentiality/story?id=51792548

Best I can find quickly.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Just wanted chime in that Ridley Scott and others were surely aware of spacey being a sex monster. I'm curious if this movement will lead to problems for people who were covering up but I think there are so many more direct abusers to be uncovered first.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

sleep with the vicious posted:

Just wanted chime in that Ridley Scott and others were surely aware of spacey being a sex monster. I'm curious if this movement will lead to problems for people who were covering up but I think there are so many more direct abusers to be uncovered first.

There'll probably be very little left of Hollywood when the people who let sexual abuse happen are also thrown out, and I am perfectly fine with that.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

21 Muns posted:

He didn't quite say that. It was more "all this poo poo is on a spectrum, it's not all equally severe."

It's technically true, but 99% of the time the person bringing it up is doing it to downplay the severity of the least bad end of the spectrum. Saying rape is worse than an uninvited rear end-grabbing is true, but the subtext is "so stop bitching that you got your rear end grabbed, it isn't a big deal."

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Neo Rasa posted:

i think it's partly a matter of different circumstances. Getting rid of Spacey is something the execs could have gotten behind and were likely agonizing over, and the only issue with Scott's idea is that the logistics would be bonkers for any other director to handle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

21 Muns posted:

There'll probably be very little left of Hollywood when the people who let sexual abuse happen are also thrown out, and I am perfectly fine with that.

I'm enjoying the fire.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i think it's partly a matter of different circumstances. Getting rid of Spacey is something the execs could have gotten behind and were likely agonizing over, and the only issue with Scott's idea is that the logistics would be bonkers for any other director to handle.

The best part of that whole thing--replacing Spacey with Plummer--is that Scott literally told the executives after he had already canned Spacey and hired Plummer, and scheduled everyone for the re-shoots. He did it completely unilaterally.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Just wanted chime in that Ridley Scott and others were surely aware of spacey being a sex monster.

Do you have a credible source for this, or are you just talking out of your rear end?

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

viral spiral posted:

Do you have a credible source for this, or are you just talking out of your rear end?

Family guy was making fun of spacey and Weinstein years ago. People knew and acting like it's all a surprise is a joke. Its like people that are shocked, shocked to find out athletes are doping - come the gently caress on

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Timby posted:

The best part of that whole thing--replacing Spacey with Plummer--is that Scott literally told the executives after he had already canned Spacey and hired Plummer, and scheduled everyone for the re-shoots. He did it completely unilaterally.

Ridley Scott owns

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Family guy was making fun of spacey and Weinstein years ago. People knew and acting like it's all a surprise is a joke. Its like people that are shocked, shocked to find out athletes are doping - come the gently caress on

And Bill Cosby.

Seth MacFarlane also made a "joke" about Weinstein when he hosted the Oscars.

Team America made a joke about lecherous casting directors, too. It was all over the goddamn place, but people only hear what they want to hear.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

PT6A posted:

Seth MacFarlane also made a "joke" about Weinstein when he hosted the Oscars.

At the same show, though, he did the "We Saw Your Boobs" thing, so...

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Timby posted:

At the same show, though, he did the "We Saw Your Boobs" thing, so...

The subject of a joke is not the same as the object of a joke.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

PT6A posted:

He didn't quite say that. It was more "all this poo poo is on a spectrum, it's not all equally severe."

It's technically true, but 99% of the time the person bringing it up is doing it to downplay the severity of the least bad end of the spectrum. Saying rape is worse than an uninvited rear end-grabbing is true, but the subtext is "so stop bitching that you got your rear end grabbed, it isn't a big deal."
This. If your first reaction to "a bunch of people are sexmonsters" is "well not all sexmonsters are created equal," you're at best condoning lesser sex crimes and at worst terrified that you're going to be found out for grabbing rear end or covering up for your best friend's rapist brother and his buddy Joaquin.

PT6A posted:

The subject of a joke is not the same as the object of a joke.
I mean, at the time my interpretation of the joke was that Hollywood should care more about performances and that we too often focus on the wrong poo poo, but if your joke lands the wrong way with such a huge percentage of your audience as to condone that which it seeks to destroy, it's still a bad joke.

Intent isn't magic.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Family Guy is your source? :lol:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Alex Hirsch has apparently dubbed over Louis C. K.'s cameo in Gravity Falls for all future airings. Curious if more people will take this tack for outed perverts who've done voice acting. He was fired from Secret Life Of Pets 2, but if Illumination really wants credibility, they're going to make an alternate version of the first movie. A Spacey-free A Bug's Life would also be nice.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

viral spiral posted:

Yeah, the Spacey joke was in Family Guy not because it was an open secret he was a predator but because there was an urban legend that Spacey was seen chasing a naked boy down a street by his house, it was always seen on the same level as Richard Gere and his fun time activities with hamsters.

As for World Police making jokes about casting directors, as long as Hollywoo has been casting people there have jokes about the casting couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

viral spiral posted:

viral spiral posted:

Ok dude, good luck being shocked by all the sex assault news to come.