Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Don’t forget you can send out multiple teams as well. Realistically that could just be 10 hours, which, frankly, is how long it would take me to fill out many affinity charts.

Ursula is required on her missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

IcePhoenix posted:

All of Ursula's missions have a requirement of Ursula as the leader

🤢 oh

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
So, has anyone figured out what trust levels above S do? I have a few blades at S1.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah, it's not great. If you don't get her early you're never going to actually be able to use her.

To sort of look at it from another direction, a lot of blades have quests that have a decently long quest chain. But you're actually out doing stuff with them. I finally finished Dagas' quest last night (so he's good now) and I probably spent a solid few hours just doing those bits.

Also the last fight is bugged which is pretty hilarious. I couldn't draw my weapon coming out of the cutscene (I think it might be because Mythra is in the cutscene but I had Pyra equipped?). Fortunately dying doesn't despawn the thing so I just ran to it and it worked fine after that.

Zore posted:

You can get Ursula's missions down to 7 minutes if you put in Blades with the right recommended skills, but then you lose a lot of time every deployment to finding and picking them/sitting through their levelups.

God that is just the worst idea in the game.

I covered that in my calculations!

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 20, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
You can get Ursula's missions down to 7 minutes if you put in Blades with the right recommended skills, but then you lose a lot of time every deployment to finding and picking them/sitting through their levelups.

God that is just the worst idea in the game.

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.

Taikuri posted:

Also, any one have a good Driver Art Element Combo cheat sheet as image? TIA

For some reason, I can't find good image for this, so quickly made shoddy one for myself for planning my elemental orb combo: (weaknesses next to each other)

In other news, that feeling when you finally understand importance of elemental orbs and 4 burst for the first time :coal:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

IcePhoenix posted:

I think you're underestimating how bad I am at doing this.

Like I legitimately have no idea how people even get the all crystals medal. I watched a video of someone that did it it and I swear he's moving faster than I can and I don't know why.

I feel you, man. I didn't even know you get more points for taking no damage for collecting all the gems! Just to test, I did some runs of the first level paying attention to that stuff and... yeah I have no freaking idea how people get all the gems! I can get through it without taking any damage, and collecting all the treasure, but the gems?! Hell naw. That is just straight up beyond me. I at least got the Affinity award for 20k score, so that's something? :toot: Tiger Tiger easy mode can't come soon enough.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Just popped 181k on tiger tiger 🐅

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I’m stupid; I could have been buying super cheap foodstuffs since literally Argentum chapter 1 And had 12 trust egg rolls ticking on autorefill the whole 70 hours I’ve put in so far. Dumb. I kept buying the nice once for combat stats but they l a s t 2 h o u r s I’m so dumb

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Just popped 181k on tiger tiger 🐅

That sounds really fake because I'm pretty sure the highest score you can get is like ~16000.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TurnipFritter posted:

That sounds really fake because I'm pretty sure the highest score you can get is like ~16000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66jc9Dugb4g

also you need to get 20000 and 50000 for two of poppi's affinity nodes so of course the highest isn't 16000

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

nerdz posted:

So, has anyone figured out what trust levels above S do? I have a few blades at S1.

Autoattack damage goes up with trust level, and arts/specials scale off of autoattack.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66jc9Dugb4g

also you need to get 20000 and 50000 for two of poppi's affinity nodes so of course the highest isn't 16000

No, I'm pretty sure the highest you can get is like 16000, trust me I've played a lot of Tiger Tiger.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

I’m stupid; I could have been buying super cheap foodstuffs since literally Argentum chapter 1 And had 12 trust egg rolls ticking on autorefill the whole 70 hours I’ve put in so far. Dumb. I kept buying the nice once for combat stats but they l a s t 2 h o u r s I’m so dumb

Every time you put them in your pouch you get trust gain. The 2 hours consumables with actual benefits are the proper way to do it. If you want to grind up trust, just smash cheap stuff into the pouch over and over.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Dirk the Average posted:

Every time you put them in your pouch you get trust gain. The 2 hours consumables with actual benefits are the proper way to do it. If you want to grind up trust, just smash cheap stuff into the pouch over and over.

i gained like 1000 trust on pyra by force feeding boreas all his stupid food. very cool

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Just to note, pacifist is a medal in Tiger Tiger, but there is also a medal for killing everything.

If you manage the first level with no hits/all treasure/all ether/everything dead then you get the points you need for Poppi.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I'm somewhere into either chapter 5 or 6 (just fought Zeke again with Morag watching) and I have a few rare blades now. I haven't been obsessing over it too much but I'd like to get some of the special quests and whatnot yet other than some merc missions for Godfrey it hasn't been obvious to me how to get special content for rare blades.

Is there some consistent way of telling how to set off a rare blade's bonus content or is it different per-blade and opaque like most of the other systems in this game?

I'm really harkening back to early-internet days, when Tips 'n' Tricks magazine was the most reliable source of information and internet FAQs would throw you down crazy rabbit holes to get Luigi in Mario 64 that ended up being demonstrably false but nobody really knew for certain until they tried it. This game's a strange nostalgia trip in that regard.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Hammer Bro. posted:

I'm somewhere into either chapter 5 or 6 (just fought Zeke again with Morag watching) and I have a few rare blades now. I haven't been obsessing over it too much but I'd like to get some of the special quests and whatnot yet other than some merc missions for Godfrey it hasn't been obvious to me how to get special content for rare blades.

Is there some consistent way of telling how to set off a rare blade's bonus content or is it different per-blade and opaque like most of the other systems in this game?

I'm really harkening back to early-internet days, when Tips 'n' Tricks magazine was the most reliable source of information and internet FAQs would throw you down crazy rabbit holes to get Luigi in Mario 64 that ended up being demonstrably false but nobody really knew for certain until they tried it. This game's a strange nostalgia trip in that regard.

You'll see something like "Go to X to trigger a heart to heart" or "Go to Y to start a quest" in the affinity wheel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hammer Bro. posted:

Yeah what Dirk said. If its a region or town or something thats not accessible yet it will show as ???

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive also revisited early towns to buy some cabbage or something and randomly triggered a sidequest chain that results in getting unique blades so who knows how much of that stuff I've missed.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ohhh, thanks.

I think what was throwing me off was that whenever I checked blade talent tree (fan?) lock criteria early game it was always ??? so I stopped checking, but now that I look again there are a lot of unlock categories that do say very specific things that I can figure out how to do.

Or Google how to do. 'cause it's this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you're ever stuck on gathering something for a quest or something like that, the info collectors in town will often sell you their locations. I really wish they had a in-game bestiary though for the affinity hunts

Astrognome
Jun 2, 2011
Holy crap I just got The Zekenator! in my party finally and popped 5 rare cores on them. 2 generics, Godfrey, Perun and Agate. Sorry bad luck people, this game rules.

Now I'm getting my poo poo wrecked by the flying assholes before you jump on the Titan weapon that Jin is driving but whatever, I'm happy I'll just go level up at an inn.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles
Just finished the game spoilers credits are rolling and if there is not another scene after this then whoever said this was the happiest ending with no bitterness can die in a fire

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Chaosfirev posted:

Just finished the game spoilers credits are rolling and if there is not another scene after this then whoever said this was the happiest ending with no bitterness can die in a fire

After credit stingers are all the rage I hear.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

More ending spoilers oh thank God happiness confirmed. Great game except for the mechanical issues, I honestly really enjoyed it. Also the new title screen is adorable.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

You get a little gold medal for winning the game, and another for saving up $1000000, but are there any others?

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Chaosfirev posted:

More ending spoilers oh thank God happiness confirmed. Great game except for the mechanical issues, I honestly really enjoyed it. Also the new title screen is adorable.
Just finished as well. I really like the way they handled the different title screens, more games need to do that.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Even more ending spoilers I read back several pages and saw some people complaining about the ending since Pyra and Mythra became 2 people and didn't die. To that I will say this:

Sometimes happy asspulls are nice, and it was already foreshadowed when Pyra and Mythra were kidnapped that they could transfer themselves like this kinda, it's why Rex wouldn't have died if Pyra killed herself with Siren. We also got the dormant core crystals so we know that can happen and we know that the 3 core crystals made by the Architect hold all the data gathered by all the blades, so it makes sense that they popped back into existence since the core wasn't shattered and the core holds all their own data along with everyone else's.

The only asspull is them becoming 2 different people which, to be honest, I liked so I'm not going to complain.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chaosfirev posted:

Even more ending spoilers I read back several pages and saw some people complaining about the ending since Pyra and Mythra became 2 people and didn't die. To that I will say this:

Sometimes happy asspulls are nice, and it was already foreshadowed when Pyra and Mythra were kidnapped that they could transfer themselves like this kinda, it's why Rex wouldn't have died if Pyra killed herself with Siren. We also got the dormant core crystals so we know that can happen and we know that the 3 core crystals made by the Architect hold all the data gathered by all the blades, so it makes sense that they popped back into existence since the core wasn't shattered and the core holds all their own data along with everyone else's.

The only asspull is them becoming 2 different people which, to be honest, I liked so I'm not going to complain.

The problem is there's a perfectly fine setup for getting your preferred waifu from the choice in Chapter 8.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I tried to do the final boss again for that big chunk of exp it gives you, and the dps AI won't swap from the ether cannon.

Edit: Morag can evade the super-move prometheus :stare:

brand engager fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 21, 2017

Invenerable
Aug 7, 2005

YOU CAN BE A BIG PIG, TOO!

Taikuri posted:

For some reason, I can't find good image for this, so quickly made shoddy one for myself for planning my elemental orb combo: (weaknesses next to each other)

Anyone have/seen a good one sorted by ending element instead of starting? I know the game UI isn't as conducive to making one, but it'd still be handy.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

brand engager posted:

I tried to do the final boss again for that big chunk of exp it gives you, and the dps AI won't swap from the ether cannon.

Edit: Morag can evade the super-move prometheus :stare:

The blade combo system is definitely buggy and you have to fight against it most of the times to get an 8 orb chain. There should be a button to trigger blade switches on partners, that would make the game 10 times easier.

I noticed it's a bug on all floating/flying enemies, they'll make your partners never want to switch out of ranged weapons.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This is the stupidest thing I've ever typed but is Perun's chest broken??? I really liked her sidequest but I couldn't stop laughing that she just couldn't stop moving in any cutscene. She'd nod her head and it'd be enough for her chest to go crazy for no loving reason.

Like it's actually absurd. Not even Dhalia is this bad. What the gently caress happened

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This is the stupidest thing I've ever typed but is Perun's chest broken??? I really liked her sidequest but I couldn't stop laughing that she just couldn't stop moving in any cutscene. She'd nod her head and it'd be enough for her chest to go crazy for no loving reason.

Like it's actually absurd. Not even Dhalia is this bad. What the gently caress happened

I noticed that too. Dahlia's at least looks relative to the animation, but Perun could put DOA characters to shame.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

That's just her heart beating full of justice.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why does she look straight out of Code Geass? Is that the same artist

Also from the moment that she pole danced on her spear I knew I would never ever engage her.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 21, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

nerdz posted:

Yes. She's pretty much straight up Viletta.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

nerdz posted:

Also from the moment that she pole danced on her spear I knew I would never ever engage her.

Most of her attacks are fine, except her level-1 special. That's a pole-dancing twirl and kick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zoran posted:

:stare: when you use KOS-MOS on Nia to do a full burst :hellyeah:

Full burst is only ever triggered by the 3rd party member right? I really want to do it using someone like Rex not not have to manually control Nia or Tora to do so since their damage is garbage compared to his.