Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Refactored the KS to be more legit.

e:

no_recall fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

AlbieQuirky posted:

So, I admittedly do not understand game development, do not play spacemans pew pew games, and am as old as dirt, but that trailer looks really lovely to me. Like, really lovely compared to something like Skyrim or Fallout 4. Or even Fallout New Vegas.

Is it just me?

No, it's absolute pish

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Star Citizen

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Czar Tiniest

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
:tinfoil:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shart Shitizen.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Solar Slave

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

There's a goon one of these somewhere.

You can't improve upon perfection

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

peter gabriel posted:

So my son will be 8 soon and a very good friend of mine makes cakes and every year she asked what he wants, this year was Trump Illuminati - She loves doing these cos my son is a bit mental

It's all edible too!

Approved.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

peter gabriel posted:

I'll get some pics from other angles

You've turned this thread into a den of lies.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Dec 21, 2017

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Spiderdrake posted:

A tank is a lost and confused turret, bereft of its spaceship.

Brutal tankdown.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Are they going to sell a tank? A loving tank?

WTF

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

WTF
They've finally figured out that the only kind of game they can make in that engine is an FPS shooter. Ground claims and tanks are obviously the first steps of the master plan of one upping Battlefront 4 by making the most immersive space first person shooter of all time complete with continuous battles from surface to orbit.

Also I looked up the Pioneer since it got mentioned - IIRC aren't all the crew of a jpeg ship supposed to be actual people? WTF is that bridge? What are all those stations even supposed to do? Is each ship supposed to be like a mini Space Station 13? Are they actually marketing anti-fun?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Beet Wagon posted:

It's poo poo
There's something seriously wrong with that hair. It looks like it's dyed matte gray.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Looking forward to the addition of bazookas (not rail guns) to the arsenal. Also for the inevitable halftrack that will be some amazingly halfway design between the TUMBRIL squared-wheels and the TUMBRIL labd-crawler

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That trailer was soooo goddamned terrible. Every single line of dialogue was painful to listen to.

So the Wing Commander movie all over again?

Seriously.....am I the only person who feels like Squadron 42 is essentially Chris trying to make the Wing Commander movie again? I'm not the only person right? Am I taking crazy pills? The dialogue is just as cheesy and poo poo as the Wing Commander movie. The setups are exactly the same. This is the Wing Commander movie game right? Please someone save me, I can feel my sanity slipping.

Here's a picture of my dog.

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Toops posted:

CIG paid a lot for that.

Wait......I thought Sandi told Beer they don't pay the media outlets

quote:

like everyone else does

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

spacetoaster posted:

WTF

This is not an empty quote.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

FailureToReport posted:

Get well soon, FailureToCat!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FailureToReport posted:

Wait......I thought Sandi told Beer they don't pay the media outlets

lol. I'm sure gamergate is on top of this scoop

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The Titanic posted:

It’s the only part of the game they have a chance at making progress in. The space part is hard, and may never advance beyond a very basic and janky arcade shooter. The space part will just be the transport sequences between FPS levels, where they have better tutorials to follow and more abilities to make things happen and look good.

you called it

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

FailureToReport posted:

Seriously.....am I the only person who feels like Squadron 42 is essentially Chris trying to make the Wing Commander movie again?

There's a general theme of attempting to prove everyone who exiled him from the gaming industry and from hollywood wrong. Star Citizen is a new stab at Freelancer, Squadron 42 a new stab at the Wing Commander franchise and film, hence his general approach to the entire affair as though it were a nearly total cinematic experience.

As to the Wing Commander film itself as near as we've been able to ascertain the plot appears to be virtually identical in terms of broad strokes. Down to the (discovered by Beer actually if memory serves) the ever present somehow undetected backdoor situated directly over old Earth herself.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Toops posted:

Brutal tankdown.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Look at all the people bitter they didn't buy a land stick when they had the chance. If you are going to claim land--of course you are going to need tanks!! Common sense to any current backer.

Or Crobber just got tired of Derek with the scoops and wanted to toss out a curve ball. "Lets see Derek call a tank!"

Or CIG is realizing their supporters are their most valuable asset and are having this sale to identify the true believers. Clifford probably buys five... Next weeks sale will be the poop emoji with lasers.

Personally I'm holding back my pledge until the hover tank jpeg's are in stock.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

FailureToReport posted:

So the Wing Commander movie all over again?

Seriously.....am I the only person who feels like Squadron 42 is essentially Chris trying to make the Wing Commander movie again? I'm not the only person right? Am I taking crazy pills? The dialogue is just as cheesy and poo poo as the Wing Commander movie. The setups are exactly the same. This is the Wing Commander movie game right? Please someone save me, I can feel my sanity slipping.

what a sweetie

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Saving for posterity--of all the joke predictions--this one is probably going to be right on the mark.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Get well soon cat!

the only tank i want to see in a game is the OGRE

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

HycoCam posted:

Personally I'm holding back my pledge until the hover tank jpeg's are in stock.

At first I was like "holy poo poo..they didn't make it a hover tank? That was such an easy sell to the faithful, why they no make hover tonk?"

Then I remembered the Nox and how that's working out for them after how long now?

Chris: "Yeah, it needs to be tracked, it's a tracked tank. Yeah. Because hand waivium lore, like how everything else we do is technologically as bad or worse than 2017 in the year 29XX, yeah....good job Chris, it's my vision mother fuckers! No one pledged your loving game, weak sauces! Now I just have to sell a couple million and Sandi will touch my dingly again."

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

juggalo baby coffin posted:

Get well soon cat!

the only tank i want to see in a game is the OGRE

She's playing down her current physical limitations better than Ben Lesnick!

I just want a game where I can see a proper scale one of these mother fuckers laying waste.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Gosts posted:

What should I buy to celebrate?

Start another avatar war with Derek

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

its spergy as hell but crobbler talking about fidelity and realism while indulging in every lovely cliche of space fantasy is annoying to me

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's not spergy to notice that when it comes to other people's work he promotes MAXIMUM FIDELITY and project crippling realism but when it comes to stuff that rests more directly on his shoulders, the vision of the project, it's all lazy slapped together references and hand waving ww2isms.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

FailureToReport posted:

At first I was like "holy poo poo..they didn't make it a hover tank? That was such an easy sell to the faithful, why they no make hover tonk?"
Lol if you don't know CIG. Any tank CIG could create will be a hover tank--you'll always be able to see daylight between the treads and the ground. The second a CIG tank did touch the ground it would explode.

But I'm right there with you. Tanks with rocket boosters instead of treads seems like it would be one of the ground breaking ideas that have become Crobber's trademark.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

There's a general theme of attempting to prove everyone who exiled him from the gaming industry and from hollywood wrong. Star Citizen is a new stab at Freelancer, Squadron 42 a new stab at the Wing Commander franchise and film, hence his general approach to the entire affair as though it were a nearly total cinematic experience.

As to the Wing Commander film itself as near as we've been able to ascertain the plot appears to be virtually identical in terms of broad strokes. Down to the (discovered by Beer actually if memory serves) the ever present somehow undetected backdoor situated directly over old Earth herself.

In other words Chris Roberts is a hack who hasn't had an original thought since sometime near the end of the previous millennium.

And I can't take full credit for finding the secret system that linked Earth to Vanduul space. You have to give Jared at least some kudos for leaking the build.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Look at this goddamn dog
https://i.imgur.com/Boo2kGn.gifv

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

juggalo baby coffin posted:

its spergy as hell but crobbler talking about fidelity and realism while indulging in every lovely cliche of space fantasy is annoying to me

him talking about fidelity and realism as his game slowly regresses backwards through time as they sacrifice fidelity and realism in an attempt to get their zip-tied frankenengine running at double-digit fps, on the other hand, will never get old

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I still can't get over it.

Tanks.

Mother

loving

tanks.

Sure the whales are opening their wallets as we speak but wasn't this supposed to be a SPACE GAME?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why do you guys obsessively archive lovely reddit posts instead of the super cute dog and cat posts in this thread

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen: A New 1.0
Star Citizen: The Smart Strikes Back
Star Citizen: The Return of Legal
Star Citizen: The Coutts Awakens
Star Citizen: The Last Lawsuit
Star Citizen: __________________

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

I have become Umlaut, destroyer of words
Well done for Cribbler fantasy land orcish elves to think of an imaginary tank that looks very close to the Russian prototype T-14 Armata to try to bring in some Russian oligarch walruses into the La-la-land.