Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Verdict: Guillotine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

Uncanine valley

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Your Computer posted:

Verdict: Guillotine

Not even being ironic when I agree.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Only one white foot?

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

AKA Pseudonym posted:

:golfclap:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Randaconda posted:

fight me irl

Gladly, your moonpie tolerating genes prove your inherent weakness

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I've just bathed in traditional milk and I'm feeling super scrappy meet me in front of the Savannah Georgia Town Hall tommorow at noon Randaconda

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

I also put this in the unnerving thread, because uhhh..well, while funny as hell it also gives off that "put the lotion in the basket" kind of feel.

The hazy rythm WONDER band.

Do you guys like rabbit holes? Cause this one goes straight down.

http://wpdh.com/the-story-behind-those-mysterious-hazy-rhythm-wonder-band-signs/

A few pages late but holy poo poo I saw that exact sign in the wild and looked them up because the name was so funny. I don’t remember anything especially crazy on there but I’ll take another look.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Only one white foot?

The other patterns will disappear, too. But white goes first.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

:perfect:

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

and im no chess expert, but i know the board is not 6x6

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

:stonk:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Jamesman posted:

http://batheinmymilk.com/

I'm going to get this one printed out as a poster to hang in my living room.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Holy poo poo

(Uh, the octopus.)

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

PYF Terrifying Pictures 2.0: Y'all need Jesus

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I was actually going to suggest he post it in the cute thread because it's tiny and adorable but okay you do you

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Garrand posted:

I was actually going to suggest he post it in the cute thread because it's tiny and adorable but okay you do you

Wikipedia posted:

The blue-ringed octopus, despite its small size, carries enough venom to kill twenty-six adult humans within minutes. Their bites are tiny and often painless, with many victims not realizing they have been envenomated until respiratory depression and paralysis start to set in.[7] No blue-ringed octopus antivenom is available yet, making it one of the deadliest reef inhabitants in the ocean.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The blue-ringed octopus' bite causes paralysis which usually leads to death by suffocation because your diaphragm stops working and there's no antivenom so the only treatment is to keep doing CPR on the victim (even though they won't respond at all) until they can be transported to a hospital and put on a ventilator.

I've heard stories of people who were bitten and paralysed but were still conscious so they could hear the paramedics talking about whether to keep working on them or give up. :gonk:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I've heard stories of people who were bitten and paralysed but were still conscious so they could hear the paramedics talking about whether to keep working on them or give up. :gonk:

Rest assured, those stories are bullshit.

We don't "give up" on someone whose (who's?) heart is still beating. Yeah, you're paralyzed, but your heart will continue to beat, just like you'll still have brain activity. We'll see your heart beating when we hook you up to a cardiac monitor, and when we realize how serious the situation is, we're going loud and fast to the closest hospital.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zipperelli. posted:

We don't "give up" on someone whose (who's?) heart is still beating. Yeah, you're paralyzed, but your heart will continue to beat, just like you'll still have brain activity. We'll see your heart beating when we hook you up to a cardiac monitor, and when we realize how serious the situation is, we're going loud and fast to the closest hospital.

The fact that the person was able to tell the story pretty strongly implies that the paramedics didn't give up. So the conversation was probably just a goof.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

The fact that the person was able to tell the story pretty strongly implies that the paramedics didn't give up. So the conversation was probably just a goof.

Or they are now undead. Don't be so quick to assume life in fellow posters.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
At least it's not that spider that makes you die with a huge rear end boner

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Chard posted:

Or they are now undead. Don't be so quick to assume life in fellow posters.

Why would you assume goons have lives?

Caufman
May 7, 2007
At least in my experience, paramedics love talking about killing their patients in front of them. Of course, they can't actually do it. But the little bits of hatred they put out eventually add up to a lethal dose.

Whose.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

The MSJ posted:

Why would you assume goons have lives?

A pulse is different from being a person

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Zipperelli. posted:

Yeah rescue breathes at that point is squeezing a ball rhythmically. Not exactly taxing to where you'd 'give up'

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

nerdz posted:

Quelaag? Just keep attacking her body to break her poise and stay out of the lava. She's not that hard.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Hjalmar posted:

Quelaag? Just keep attacking her body to break her poise and stay out of the lava. She's not that hard.

Then jerk it. It is that hard :wink:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

nerdz posted:

Does it make your boner actually bigger cuz we gotta get develop an antivenom if true

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

Does it make your boner actually bigger cuz we gotta get develop an antivenom if true

they are actually trying to make boner pills out of the spider's venom

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

nerdz posted:

Nice!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

nerdz posted:

they are actually trying to make boner pills out of the spider's venom

I got that e-mail too

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah rescue breathes at that point is squeezing a ball rhythmically. Not exactly taxing to where you'd 'give up'

Not even. I'd intubate them and let my ventilator do the work for me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Milo and POTUS posted:

I assumed he meant it attacks you with its huge boner.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

quote:

The blue-ringed octopus, despite its small size, carries enough venom to kill twenty-six adult humans within minutes. Their bites are tiny and often painless, with many victims not realizing they have been envenomated until respiratory depression and paralysis start to set in.[7] No blue-ringed octopus antivenom is available yet, making it one of the deadliest reef inhabitants in the ocean.

Also, if the blue rings are showing that means its pissed off and looking for someone to kill.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dreddout posted:

Gladly, your moonpie tolerating genes prove your inherent weakness

My inherent genetic superiority, you mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The Lone Badger posted:

Also, if the blue rings are showing that means its pissed off and looking for someone to kill.

And it lives in rockpools, where little kids are exploring, looking for the pretty blue thing to touch and pick up.