Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Thank you, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
47/50!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will play

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if i am made leader i will tell my people to eat all cactuses within visible sight range to trick our enemies in to thinking that what they come upon is a land barren of water and resources and not worth their time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also nobody invited me i just found this thread while browsing.

i will win.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

When is the last time you lost a game???

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

STONE COLD 64 posted:

if i am made leader i will tell my people to eat all cactuses within visible sight range to trick our enemies in to thinking that what they come upon is a land barren of water and resources and not worth their time.

A leader to believe in

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

St Evan Echoes posted:

When is the last time you lost a game???

???

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

!

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
Soldiers mafia is where I excel.

There’s no place for me except the battlefield.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

If you need more people to volunteer to be a leader, I can't promise to be -good- but I can promise to be entertainingly bad.

And in the end, isn't that what matters?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Monathin posted:

If you need more people to volunteer to be a leader, I can't promise to be -good- but I can promise to be entertainingly bad.

And in the end, isn't that what matters?

No.

I am the co-mod of entertainment. You will only be entertaining under my very specific guidelines.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

The legendary mercenary CCKeane has joined the fight.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Oh poo poo Keane is here.

I'm out, no point fighting against that.

(I'm not out)

Also that post made me imagine a Smash Bros style unlock screen. If I was better at image editing I would make one up. I may do it anyway and force you all to view my lovely ms paint skills

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Venom Soag posted:

Soldiers mafia is where I excel.

There’s no place for me except the battlefield.

The last time I played a soldiers game, d1 overlapped with PAX. This was the Trojan war soldiers game. I told them I was at a con for 5 days and would have extremely limited play time, and they lynched me d1 anyway, then were pissed I was Ulysses (in the Greek thread, making me a named important town hero), but hadn't participated more.

This soured me on mafia for like 6 months.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Merry Christmas

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The blood ritual may now begin.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

GeneX posted:

Do not make me a leader because I still don't understand the rules

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My goodness, that's FIFTY PLAYERS. Wild. Thank you all for signing up, much faster than I expected! Here's what happens next:

1. I will confer with Max/Foo about leader selection, and continue working on the backend setup that needs to be finalized. (1 day or so.)
2. Leaders will be announced in thread, and the chosen leaders will determine with me which 24 players go to each of their threads. (This will be done in Discord.) During this time, the other players may speak up about their preferences! (2 days or so.)
(Christmas break goes here, 2 days.)
3. After thread division is complete, character sheets will be sent out. At this time, ALL players will choose their stats as outlined in the rules! (2-3 days)
4. After all stats are finalized, the separate threads will be created and Day 1 will begin! (Aiming to create the threads NEXT weekend, with D1 ending on or around 02-JAN.)

All of this should take place over the next week-ish or so. It's a bit of a wait before the game starts proper, but there will totally be stuff for you to look at and decisions to make in the intervening time. In the meantime, reread (or read for the first time, who am I kidding) the rules and get familiar. AND GET HYPE!

P.S. If you're reading this and haven't signed up yet, please put your name down for the backup list! Having waiting replacements on hand will make me feel much better, even if we hopefully don't need them.

Podima fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 21, 2017

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
There are rules for this game?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Wait, this is a game? I thought I was enlisting in the Mexican irregulars to finally take down those bastardos Americanos once and for all

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
eat the Texans to death imo

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

This guy gets it

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Can we stick all the aussies in one thread and everyone else in another, with a few insomniacs to balance the numbers?

I think this would be very helpful to all involved except maybe pod and the cohosts

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

GeneX posted:

Can we stick all the aussies in one thread and everyone else in another, with a few insomniacs to balance the numbers?

I think this would be very helpful to all involved except maybe pod and the cohosts

we did this in an earlier soldiers game and the antipodean thread was the fun one

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

If we do that I volunteer for the "what the gently caress" timezone. American hours be damned, I am regularly up until 3 or 4 am pst.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I am ready to Shine, sunup or sundown. :clint:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

we did this in an earlier soldiers game and the antipodean thread was the fun one

Specifically, the Australian king gave me, the US King, all the Australians. We showed him what for.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I for one vote for mafia Apartheid

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Birdstrike posted:

I'm not sure we're allowed to have an antipodean thread, Pod's the one in charge :downsrim:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
put in the one w/ bif so i can dayvig her tia

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Hey, I have no idea if you're taking votes for leader or whatever, but make bif leader of the aussie thread because i'll be rat hosed sideways if I have to spend another game doing the "is she / isn't she" dance

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Please put me on the winning team thanks

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Recall my presence was contingent on my kingly command.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I've never had a dayvig and I want one, tia

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
Should I read the op now?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

IllegallySober posted:

I've never had a dayvig and I want one, tia

The best kind of dayvig is the one that ends the day when used and I hope there are 5 of them

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

The blood ritual may now begin.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Today in the life of Nat20.

I wonder if I can go to sleep before I throw up.

I also seriously reconsider thirsty Thursday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Podima personally asked me to fill the last slot. I'm terrible with big games and will probably turn out to be a terrible choice, but I will play!

• Locked thread