Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Robokomodo posted:

I tried one this evening because I’m low on space and now the screen jumps back to the top after the evolution, wasting precious seconds because you have to look scroll down again to look for the pidgeys. New bug? Or have I never noticed this?

Looks like a new bug, just tried it and it did the same for me. Super annoying.

e: transferring stuff does this too, boo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Entropist posted:

Me too. I just favourite anything I can spare the candy for, it goes to the top of the screen, and I mass-evolve it. Easy.

Tomato/tomato really, I just search evolve and it brings up all the pokes I have the candy to evolve and then they disappear from the list when I run out of candy for them :shrug:. It was super handy and efficient. I'm hoping it's a bug and not an intended feature.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

GonSmithe posted:

It’s safe. They fixed it. But, they did break it so you can’t binder clip/hold down the button to continue catching now.

I wonder if this is why the Gotcha attachment doesn't do auto-catch right now.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

GonSmithe posted:

It’s safe. They fixed it. But, they did break it so you can’t binder clip/hold down the button to continue catching now.

Sweet, finally. I really thought they'd never fix it at the rate they were going.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Webbeh posted:

:confused: Its working just fine on auto? As recently as a couple minutes ago. It's been going all day no problem.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Panic Restaurant posted:

Sweet, finally. I really thought they'd never fix it at the rate they were going.

Yeah, it’s been 5 months, I really wanted to update to ios11 for the QOL stuff but had to wait.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Psychobabble! posted:

:vince:

It's insane. My partner found it and

:stare:

So glad my local discord isn't crazy like that. You just need an invite code.

New APK datamine: https://pokemongohub.net/post/breaking-news/pokemon-go-0-87-5-data-mine-new-way-catch-pokemon-coming-called-ar-plus/

Niantic: What do the people want?
Literally Everyone: Trading and PvP
Niantic: How about a whole new game method utilizing a feature hardly anyone uses anymore!

:suicide:

vvv that was my same thought

Yeah, it's a little crazy but the community in there is good. I guess they got a ton of spam so they went through this method to curb it. It was a hindrance at first but because of the channel raid groups in my neighborhood usually have 10+ people present.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Psychobabble! posted:

:vince:

It's insane. My partner found it and

:stare:

So glad my local discord isn't crazy like that. You just need an invite code.

New APK datamine: https://pokemongohub.net/post/breaking-news/pokemon-go-0-87-5-data-mine-new-way-catch-pokemon-coming-called-ar-plus/

Niantic: What do the people want?
Literally Everyone: Trading and PvP
Niantic: How about a whole new game method utilizing a feature hardly anyone uses anymore!

:suicide:

vvv that was my same thought

Oh I thought you meant IRL photographs of your face and stuff. Having to take screenshots of your trainer profile is slightly annoying but doesn't sound like much of a hassle beyond waiting for approval.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

It’s completely insane and not necessary. There have been three separate iterations of the Discord I use with over 300 members in them and never once would anything like that have been necessary.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Had a little fun today. I'm swimming in Golden razzberries with time to kill, and see a level 5 raid starting in 30 minutes in a mall. As I get there, someone is knocking it down, I get there and 3 of them are left. I fill them up, and wait. He knocks them down twice, I fill them up again, and repeat. After about 10 minutes, the "gym is under attack, you can't put your Pokémon in here" rule drops. So I drop a blissey in, someone walks by and drops a lapras in, and after a long battle of attrition, the gym survived till the raid. Caught the weather boosted groudon. Also got 24 hyper potions for some reason.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Pomplamoose posted:

Oh I thought you meant IRL photographs of your face and stuff. Having to take screenshots of your trainer profile is slightly annoying but doesn't sound like much of a hassle beyond waiting for approval.

It sucks when you're just a visitor and wanting to get in on raid action while there to give your partner a break from family visit stuff :saddowns:. Though rereading it, maybe I interpreted it wrong; I figured they were wanting to see that your map was mostly/all chicago area. Maybe it's just so that it doesn't show you jumping all over the planet.

Also I didn't know the map function existed before he sent me that screenshot. Neat.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
Great to hear about the AR thing since my phone doesn't have the necessary hardware to support AR mode to begin with. :saddowns:

Can't help wondering how many people are actually going to use it since it sounds like the exact kind of thing that will make you look super weird in public, circling a spot of thin air slowly with your phone up to "sneak up on a Pikachu".

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

Great to hear about the AR thing since my phone doesn't have the necessary hardware to support AR mode to begin with. :saddowns:

Can't help wondering how many people are actually going to use it since it sounds like the exact kind of thing that will make you look super weird in public, circling a spot of thin air slowly with your phone up to "sneak up on a Pikachu".

I'm sure people will use it at first for the novelty but the drat game already sucks enough battery with AR off(its always easy to figure out who is walking towards us for a raid because they've got an external hooked up) that it'll become unused pretty quickly besides by maybe kids and weirdos.

I have an inkling they're gonna make legendaries untrade-able if trading ever comes along(because it they can't be in gyms for reasons(???) why would you be able to trade them?) but I'm really hoping they dont; I caught a high IV one of each of the ones my boyfriend missed while he was off hiking in the woods for 5.5 months :(

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Psychobabble! posted:

:confused: Its working just fine on auto? As recently as a couple minutes ago. It's been going all day no problem.

It was broken on iOS 11 on the previous update, it works again now.

Unfortunately, I unpaired mine, used it on an iOS 10 phone for a bit, and now it refuses to pair to anything at all.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
I switch between a s6 edge and an iPhone, Everytime I do on the iPhone I have to go to Bluetooth settings and forget the go-tcha, then sync it again and it'll work, maybe try that?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

NZAmoeba posted:

The satellites aren't directly over your head, they're scattered about the sky, which is how they triangulate you. Tall buildings block significant portions of the sky, thus loving with gps on the ground.

Install an app like gps status and you'll get a little map of where your satellites are in relation to you.

:thejoke:

i'm aware of how satellite triangulation requires large pieces of open sky to work

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

TVs Ian posted:

It was broken on iOS 11 on the previous update, it works again now.

Unfortunately, I unpaired mine, used it on an iOS 10 phone for a bit, and now it refuses to pair to anything at all.

Ah didn't know you meant just on iOs. That sucks. If it makes you feel better, I've unpaired mine before when it was being an rear end and it also was a dick about pairing back up but did eventually :unsmith:.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Entropist posted:

Unfavouriting them directly after evolving is one extra tap on the star when their menu pops up, and by doing this they will not fill the page of favourites. Transferring can be done after the lucky egg timer has finished, and its easy because they'll have been unfavourited already. You can also switch back to the map easily to catch something and go back to the Pokemon menu without having to scroll around or search because the remaining ones to evolve will be right at the top.

I'll have to remember this for next time, although I hope that by the next time a double exp event comes they'll maybe reverse this stupid feature.

Even if we entertain the idea that this feature of snapping you back to the top of your menu was purely to spite us from "cheating" via lucky egg + mass evolves, is there any justification for the most casual of casual players who don't/won't know how to do the mass evolve strategy and wonder why they just instantly lose track of whatever they just evolved when they go back to their Pokemon storage menu?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Will evolving clear a search? Cause when I do my mass evolves I generally search "evolve" and go down the list.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
iPhone 8, iOS 11, Go Plus works great for catching, but sucks for Pokestops. If I had the choice, I would stay on iOS 10.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

seiferguy posted:

Will evolving clear a search? Cause when I do my mass evolves I generally search "evolve" and go down the list.

No it won't, I use that method too.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Back in my day, there was no search yet :bahgawd:

Also, that search includes everything which can evolve, which is too much for me. I prefer to avoid evolving the two-stage ones to their first stage when I don't have enough candy for both stages, because maybe a better Charmander comes along while it's sitting there as a Charmeleon, wasting 25 candy. Or sometimes I like to save the candy of useful mons like Golem for powering up sessions rather than evolve every tiny Geodude I come across.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Entropist posted:

Back in my day, there was no search yet :bahgawd:

Also, that search includes everything which can evolve, which is too much for me. I prefer to avoid evolving the two-stage ones to their first stage when I don't have enough candy for both stages, because maybe a better Charmander comes along while it's sitting there as a Charmeleon, wasting 25 candy. Or sometimes I like to save the candy of useful mons like Golem for powering up sessions rather than evolve every tiny Geodude I come across.

So Search "pidgey" then. still faster than scrolling through the list each time :v:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
You can also rename all your garbage evos to something like "G " and search will find em as long as you include the space. I'm saving candies now, but when I was pushing to level 40 to get it out of the way, it was handy. Especially since anything labeled "G " had already been appraised/IV checked and could be transferred if I needed space.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
I do the same kind of thing, but with "$" instead.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

We can finally catch Wailmer and Wailord today, huzzah!

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/holiday2017

White Light fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 21, 2017

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Parrotine posted:

We can finally catch Wailmer and Wailord today, huzzah!

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/holiday2017

Star pieces look neat. pop one, do a raid, then do a ton of remote berrying

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Well I'll be walking 20m down the road to spin a stop on Christmas day for my free incubator. Probably in my dressing gown.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

Star pieces look neat. pop one, do a raid, then do a ton of remote berrying

Muktiple 10k egg hatches are gonna bring us back to the Equinox event glory days

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Webbeh posted:

I'm on goddamn droid and mine keeps switching back to manual catch. I wonder if there's a delay issue that will cause it to automatically switch to manual?

GonSmithe posted:

It’s completely insane and not necessary. There have been three separate iterations of the Discord I use with over 300 members in them and never once would anything like that have been necessary.

Did you mean 3000? Cause 300 doesn't seem to be much at all, going by my personal experience.

I agree it's insane, but I also understand the frustration that comes with kicking a couple hundred bots a day, day in and day out. I think the solution the admins of my main one found (single use codes) is a much simpler solution, though.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Santa Pikachu and new Gen 3 now live

DELIBIIIIIIRD

shyduck fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 21, 2017

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
torchis are all over in cloudy weather, get 'em before they revert this like with larvitars and dratinis

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

torchis are all over in cloudy weather, get 'em before they revert this like with larvitars and dratinis

Larvitar/Dratini were them being idiots, Pokemon spawning more frequently due to weather is not a mistake, it's the entire point. There's an Eevee every square foot you step when Normal is boosted.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Did they up the spawns for the event? Tripping over Meditite, it is windy but they're like boosted Eevees now

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
i think at least the original 50 gen3s have had their spawns massively upped. i've never seen a treecko, electrike or torchic spawn outside a nest, now i've had all those in half an hour without even leaving my desk

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Snorunt’s animation is adorable.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Also important news:

https://twitter.com/NianticLabs/status/943924809444024322

I'm already seeing a few more with this latest update.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Did they up the spawns for the event? Tripping over Meditite, it is windy but they're like boosted Eevees now

every time they add a new pokemon it seems like the system activates every single possible spawn right as they start. like when the last set of Hoenn pokemon came out, the game was flooded with spawns and it gradually calmed down to normal levels. When Farfetch'd was released, same thing - there were like thousands of them out that first hour and then it went back to reasonable but very common levels of spawning.

so you'll probably see a ton now but in a couple hours it's probably back to normal levels of spawning overall (but the specific pokemon you see will be different)

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

mastershakeman posted:

Torchic's later evolutions gain the Fighting type, which is boosted by cloudy weather. That's intentional.

I've also seen an increase in Seel and Shellder this snowy afternoon; both are pure Water type but gain Ice when they evolve.

I've also seen a lot of Spheals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

AweStriker posted:

Torchic's later evolutions gain the Fighting type, which is boosted by cloudy weather. That's intentional.

I've also seen an increase in Seel and Shellder this snowy afternoon; both are pure Water type but gain Ice when they evolve.

I've also seen a lot of Spheals.

yeah i know re: the torchic but i'm seeing zangoose, tons of other stuff i never see. I think the only non gen3 stuff that's spawning is shellder and swinub (ice), actually.

• Locked thread