Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

At least they're giving journalists an easy out by offering them the opportunity to say that the acting fell flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
So now it goes r/ds getting shuttered > Land sale! > "Networking isn't the problem, all the stuff going through the network is the problem" > CRYTEK STRIKES BACK > Tanks? Tanks?!? TANKS???? > The holiday stream got flooded out 30 minutes before air.

Bravo, Chris. You're ending 2017 with a bang. You got anything left before new years?

EDIT FOR TANKS!

Strangler 42 fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 22, 2017

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
THE WORM IS NOT A METAPHOR

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Star Citizen: Sunk Cost Galaxy is delayed, metaphorically

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Help I am reading reddit. Please send help.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The moral of this story is don't let pretend video games dictate your life

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

The moral of this story is don't let pretend video games dictate your life

edit: gently caress I hosed up, better post coming in 24 hours

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

XK posted:

:eyepop:

They're losing Gremlich? Holy poo poo.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Raskolnikov posted:

Help I am reading reddit. Please send help.

Posters on r/sc:
Please continue to show CIG your unflinching cult like behaviour and idiocy so that they continue to put up stupid poo poo for you all to buy.

It's absolutely hilarious.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

refactored post switched to slumberyard etc

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I would have believed the broken water mains thing because CIG have never had a working pipeline in their existence.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE. Can't stop won't stop. :justpost:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

friendschamen

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I would have believed the broken water mains thing because CIG have never had a working pipeline in their existence.

:five:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
lmao thank u cig

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

it breaks my :yarg:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Raskolnikov posted:

it breaks my :yarg:

Don't go breaking my parp

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Raskolnikov posted:

refactored post switched to slumberyard etc

These people believe that the company that can't pull off a presentation is going to save PC gaming with the greatest entity (you can't really even call something so grand a simple game) ever created.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Why do those idiots feel the need to act as extended marketing for a game to their friends?

It's fine, you can just let them make their own minds up.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Raskolnikov posted:

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE. Can't stop won't stop. :justpost:

I'll take <signs that maybe you should get your goddamn money back while you still can> for 400, Alex.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Not showing the commercial ended up being funnier than showing the commercial.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Star Citizen: Keep it Secret, keep it safe

The terrible secret of space games they're bad

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
Okay, but tomorrow though, get ready for 2 hours of hot mess hall action. The immersion levels will be off the chart. So many lunch trays, you don't even know! There is even a guy sitting on a chair backwards like AC Slater.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

I was disappointed at first with the delay from CIG, but now I realize that this is actually a miracle.

CIG was running out of ideas, running out of time and money. Skadden's lawyers were phoning all day long, demanding to know about this and that, and Coutts' e-mails were filling up the inboxes of everyone in the LA office. They could only entertain us for a scant two hours with images of generic space ships and regurgitated faff from old 90's movies, and then we'd all have to back to the drudgery of our real lives. Hollow, like death. With only real games to play and our loving families to comfort us in our time of need.

But then, when no one was expecting it, just before the final flash of hilarity and gently caress-uppery that would send us off for 2017, the word came that the comedy would last much longer. Oh, and it did. The comedy burned brightly for 24 more hours! Far exceeding the limits of what we thought possible, the Goons' cups runneth over! Mirth and merriment spread across all the forums. Joyous words rang out from the signal boosters and the FUDsters, and for that day the Goons were more than satisfied by the offerings of the Crobberts.

And so it was, that on this day a new Goon tradition emerged! From now until eternity, on every 21st of December, we Goons shall light 24 candles, one for every extra hour of hilarity, and break our water mains, then get in a fender bender to honour the miracle that has been bestowed upon us.

Crobberts be praised, for he is the true giver of laughter!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
LOL!! Paul is such a troll

https://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-squadron-42-stream-delayed-24-hours

quote:

Two hours is a long show and hopefully the “issues” can be ironed out. Perhaps they are having an emergency meeting today to explain wtf they are now selling tanks.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
About all of these "dont show any of my friends SC any more" comments....

is that a metaphor too, like if they had friends they wouldn't show it to them?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

This whole thread could pretty much be replaced by this if they changed "congress" to CIG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC3W1BiUjp0

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I wonder if these backers can seek counseling to help cope with the abusive relationship they have with their volatile spouse vendor of ships.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Can anyone summarize the 2016 holiday livestream? I wasn't on board the trainwreck-watching train yet.

Is there a highlight reel? I see a 2hr 41min vid on youtube. I ain't watching that poo poo.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Rad Russian posted:

Star Citizen is a metaphor for a computer game.

Star Citizen: The kind of misunderstanding that happens often on the Internet

Oh ha ha ha! What a comedy of errors! You guys thought we were literally "making" a "game!" Sheesh, that's the internet for you!

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
Right now Chris is locked in his office writing a very angry letter to all the backers for letting him down and failing to live up to his vision

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BluesShaman posted:

Can anyone summarize the 2016 holiday livestream? I wasn't on board the trainwreck-watching train yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6UpYsOwlGY

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.
BluesShaman Pick any 4

1. Delayed start
2. Cringe worthy live action role play
3. Crashing PC's
4. Video not running properly
5. Awkward pauses
6. Lack of content

Actually just go ahead and pick all of them to be safe.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Re: don't tell my friends about Star Citizen

Grunge posted:

Cult leaders want total psychological control over you. Once they've got you fooled into believing that the cult is a great place for you to belong, they begin to isolate you from your old life. They are your friends and family now, not the people you depended on before. To many outsiders, this would seem like a huge red flag. It's hard to believe that if they were in the same situation they'd completely abandon those they cared about. But when you're presented with what you're convinced is the ideal life filled with comfort, unity, and purpose, it can be an easy decision to make.

Read More: http://www.grunge.com/47584/cults-trick-believing/?utm_campaign=clip

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I don't know a single friend - outside of retail or food - that's working tomorrow

I cannot imagine having to work the Friday 3 days before Christmas because my bosses and their bosses are the most incompetent clowns in the industry

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Slow_Moe posted:

Why do those idiots feel the need to act as extended marketing for a game to their friends?

It's fine, you can just let them make their own minds up.

Because referral links and referral contests have been a thing with CIG since the early days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

CrazyTolradi posted:

Don't go breaking my parp

Total Eclipse of the :gary: