Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

so their live stream isn't even live, it's just them playing a recorded stream... lol

and that somehow hosed up? wait what

wouldn't it be recorded and ready to go like, weeks ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
I can't cope

This makes last season of Star Citizen look like weak piss.

Thank you to everyone who threw their money into this complete and total farce which has delivered a brand new hilarious shitshow every day this week.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

peter gabriel posted:

So it's not even live :lol:
Yeah I'm not sure why they'd even admit that at this stage, considering Shitizens were going on and on about seeing live gameplay.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Will the land claim stick be enough to protect my lunar settlement from getting blown up by tanks? What are UEE response times like? Does insurance cover tank attacks? How fast could the insurance company rebuild my base? Do I have to log on and contact my local insurance rep and fill out paperwork first?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Blue On Blue posted:

so their live stream isn't even live, it's just them playing a recorded stream... lol

and that somehow hosed up? wait what

wouldn't it be recorded and ready to go like, weeks ago?

This is CIG you're talking about. Where literally everything has to be done like a schoolboy working through the night, to finish that assignment for a passable grade. Only that in this case, to continue the analogy and demonstrate how hosed up the engine likely is now, every pencil he tries to use snaps as he writes his homework and the paper melts in the schoolbag on occasion when he puts it away.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

And his pants fall down while giving the report in front of the class.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It really sucks to be the employees that are going to be there overnight crunching away on yet another smoke and mirrors clip until Chris rolls in at 10 am fully rested and ready to scream at them about how bad it is and how much needs changed before it's shown in a few hours

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Hilarious they can't even fake a pre-recorded demo. They rig everything in their favour and still trip up on their own untied laces.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
It wasn't even live

gently caress me

Well that tells you right there that they have gently caress all they can play LIVE on a stream, and in fact they didn't even manage to get a recording out of whatever it is either

They're going to chop some gameplay clips together aren't they, and goons are going to be all over where the joins and cuts are

I won't see this poo poo til Saturday cos I'm going on a bender tomorrow

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I love the tone too like "no you COMPLETE IDIOTS when we paid for a spot on IGN and said there was a livestream, it didn't mean live stream, it meant a playedback video where we are going to *chat* live at you. If you didn't know that you were stupid."

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Lando's whole saga of the failed quest, plus this image, and all I can think of is the South Park episode where Randy is on a mad quest to get the USB Stick containing the Sword of A Thousand Truths to a computer.

Ben Lesnick speeds down an early morning street in his aging company SUV, frantically trading glances between the roadway before him, his vehicles dashboard clock, and the object resting upon the otherwise empty passenger seat beside him

"I won't gently caress everything up this year! Not this time! I'll show Sandi, the Backers, and the Goons!" he exclaims, the old Ford Expedition struggling to shift into the next gear as he ham foots the accelerator and continues navigating the streets before him in haste.

"We were so close in 2016, we were going to change the world! Our maximum fidelity visuals combined with the seamless mission transitioning campaign, the scale of living aboard giant capital ships and fighting for humanity's place against a seemingly unsurmountable foe....they all would have answered the call! If only I hadn't deleted the Squadron 42 files off the server while trying to clean the jelly filling from those donuts out of my keyboard..." His face sets into a mournful grimace as his eyes still seemingly fixed on the roadway before him lose focus, his mind drifting elsewhere.

He would have been a hero, Ben thought to himself, then truly Chris Roberts would have considered him a Pilgrim like the heroes of who led humanity to salvation against the Kilrathi. Yet just as he could feel the warm embrace of his Lord and Slaver wash over him, Ben's attention was ripped back into reality by the sudden screaming of a car horn. In a fit of startled panic, he swerves hard to his right out of the oncoming traffic lane he hadn't realized he had drifted into. Narrowly avoiding the head on collision he affords himself a moment of recovery before once more locking his eyes upon the path before him, recommitting the car accelerator to the floor.

"I'm going to save them all this year! Everyone will know the truth of the Citizen cause!" A confident smile begins to appear across his globe like face as he revels in his envisioned triumph. "I'll show that skinny bitch Sandi, when I get this only copy of the Holiday Stream demo for Squadron 42 safely through the doors of Cloud Imperium, Chris will throw her aside and finally take me into his loving arms!" The tires of the Ford offer a moment of screaming protest as He forces it through a sharp turn at reckless speed.

Rounding the corner, Lesnick's eyes gleam as he sees the hallowed ground two blocks before him, "I will be the hero this day." the muscles in his face fight hard to lift into an expression of overwhelming joy at the sight of his quests end so nearly before him. "All the haters will know our tru-" before realizing what has happened, Ben's face finds itself bludgeoning his steering wheel as his body compresses against the rest of the driver's side dashboard. The ground beneath his trusty steed gives way beneath him, barreling at speed into a sink hole in the road.

Groggily, Ben glances about his surroundings, unsure of where he is. He does not even notice the crowd of onlookers or the fire rescue men moving about the crater which his former chariot now rests. Only after feeling a fresh burst of water across his face from the burst water main that was beneath him when the road gave way does he realize his surroundings. A sense of terror over takes him as he looks about the cabin of his car, panicked glances feeding his despair until at long last he finds the holy grail of his quest lodged between the windshield and upper dashboard.

Ben grasps the USB stick in his big round paws and lets out a sigh of relief as he notices the time on his watch, "There may yet be hope!" his glance drifts forward to his intended destination, the Cloud Imperium offices a mere block from the flooded pool his car rests in.

And then with a long sigh, he says to himself "No...it is too far. I cannot. Oh gods, I cannot. Not again!" with the feeling of absolute defeat overtaking him, he slowly pulls out his phone and presses a single worn area of the screen's dialpad.

"Go for Lando!" the voice on the other end sounds off, full of bubbly cheer. "Jared," Ben struggles to say, "I did it again."

FailureToReport fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 22, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MilesK posted:

Sandi's SQ42 dog tags. (not sure why this exists)

You'll notice she's in Squadron 106, but her Serial Number starts with 42.

I'm pretty convinced Derek's often mocked claim that 42 is Sandi's favorite number, is or was actually part of the SQ42 script.

:colbert:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Yup, I TOTALLY CALLED IT!!

----------------

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SoftNum posted:

I love the tone too like "no you COMPLETE IDIOTS when we paid for a spot on IGN and said there was a livestream, it didn't mean live stream, it meant a playedback video where we are going to *chat* live at you. If you didn't know that you were stupid."

You know what I think? The livestream was cancelled at the last minute because nothing works with the build and plan B was to:

- Chop something together from the broken build
- Record the livestream instead of doing it live
- Tell everyone on Spectrum it was always going to be a recording all along

I bet you a million space dollah Chris & Sandi were sat in front of those cameras at 12.00 pst on the button ready to go live, and ended up just recording it.

BAM!

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Toops posted:

LMAO what the gently caress

drat, you gotta blend your foundation, girl!!

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

SomethingJones posted:

You know what I think? The livestream was cancelled at the last minute because nothing works with the build and plan B was to:

I bet you a million space dollah Chris & Sandi were sat in front of those cameras at 12.00 pst on the button ready to go live, and ended up just recording it.

BAM!
This is not an unlikely scenario in the realm of game development at CIG.

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free
I am going to laugh if it's delayed again...

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

D_Smart posted:

Yup, I TOTALLY CALLED IT!!

Nah, I think they fully intended to do it live. They chose Twitch so everyone could "watch and chat" together? Come on, I'm not buying that load of old cobblers

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

SomethingJones posted:

Nah, I think they fully intended to do it live. They chose Twitch so everyone could "watch and chat" together? Come on, I'm not buying that load of old cobblers

More like so they could cull the mean words in real time.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

I mean, it's not like CIG hasn't gone revisionist on us before when it comes to these things.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
What are the odds that CIG dumps 3.0 to Live tomorrow right before holiday, just like they did with 2.0?

That would be pretty funny.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Solarin posted:

:piss: in a loop, forever

:yarg::kayak::gary:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Doing it live is the only way they could quash the very well travelled rumour that it does not exist as a game.

They've tried to do it live and it's fell over on them

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

It wasn't even live

gently caress me

Well that tells you right there that they have gently caress all they can play LIVE on a stream, and in fact they didn't even manage to get a recording out of whatever it is either

They're going to chop some gameplay clips together aren't they, and goons are going to be all over where the joins and cuts are

I won't see this poo poo til Saturday cos I'm going on a bender tomorrow

**BREAKING NEWS**

I totally called it in my article from this morning. Tomorrow's Squadron 42 is NOT a live session. It's pre-recorded and played over Twitch

They had to delay a PRE-RECORDED session. Go ahead and tell me again how that's normal.

LOL!!. I'm ded.

I just heard, minutes ago that within the past few hours, they have been recording other segments to "insert" into what they already recorded. Which probably means they're probably changing what I posted this morning in my article.

----------------

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It really sucks to be the employees that are going to be there overnight crunching away on yet another smoke and mirrors clip until Chris rolls in at 10 am fully rested and ready to scream at them about how bad it is and how much needs changed before it's shown in a few hours

I have no sympathy for anyone still employed there.

They know the score. They're free to quit and find a better job.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Wow, just wow.

I'm laughing my rear end off right now. Wow.

4 days before Christmas,
Chris Roberts gave to me,
twentyFOUR hours of laughter,
Three bottles of beer,
squadron fourty TWO demo,
while i'm munching through ONE box of ONIOOOOON RINGS.

Sorry, drunk, its been a loving good laugh though

For the person asked. I'll delay for 24 hours as well, gently caress CIG, hit me with your guesses.

Some in millions, some not, don't worry I'll figure it all out later.
Sunswipe 10
Goredema 2
TheAgent 3
D_Smart 0.5 - 2
Thoatse 2,474,206.90
Drunk Theory 750K
Virtual Captain 4
Beet Wagon 5.5
Abuminable 5.4321
Mne nravitsya 5
Sarsapariller 500k
BluesShaman 4.2
Phi230 50bux
EminusSleepus Wanpipdy
Natron 4.8
intardnation 2.15
Spiderdrake 3.33
Baxta 2.8
Phi230 > 2.8
Hobold 3.2 - 3.4
Combat Theory 4.5
No Mods No Masters 4.2
Dogeh 2.7
Jobbo_Fett 5.3326741
crisp roberts 2.8
Mr Fronts 900k
Sandweed 4
Golli 1.7
Malachite_Dragon 3
Thirsty Dog 1.45
Colostomy Bag 4.21 alpha millions And the livestream will be 13 minutes late.
Daztek 2.5
DivineCoffeeBinge 10m
ocrane 6.66
Quavers 4.1
Raised by Hamsters 2,645,733
Ash1138 7.6
dogshitboy 3.4 milli
VealCutlet $1,481,287.63 worth of donuts for sir lesnick from Crobblers ex-wife.
Kosumo 3.65
Enchanted Hat 4,000,040
Dark Off 4,2 million on holiday livestream 2 weeks to ele and 42 million crying.
mrchinchin25 6.9
Jum-Jum 1.8
Lack of Gravitas Put me down for the price of a couple of first-class tickets from LA to Switzerland and two weeks chalet hire in St Moritz.
Quinntan 1.2-1.5
big nipples big life 5.7 million
Omniblivion 8,123,456
overseer07 3,141,592
The Titanic 4.8
Lladre 4.7

quote:

Colostomy Bag 4.21 alpha millions And the livestream will be 13 minutes late.
loving called it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CrazyTolradi posted:

I mean, it's not like CIG hasn't gone revisionist on us before when it comes to these things.

I think this is the first time they have gone revisionist on something yet to happen
Huge milestone

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

BAM!

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/943953903984496640

----------------

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

D_Smart posted:

**BREAKING NEWS**

I totally called it in my article from this morning. Tomorrow's Squadron 42 is NOT a live session. It's pre-recorded and played over Twitch

They had to delay a PRE-RECORDED session. Go ahead and tell me again how that's normal.

LOL!!. I'm ded.

I just heard, minutes ago that within the past few hours, they have been recording other segments to "insert" into what they already recorded. Which probably means they're probably changing what I posted this morning in my article.

Wait, are you saying you knew and called it was pre-recorded before they announced it was delayed?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Catching up with the thread now. I hope it's worth it.
It was not.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Is there any way to see how many people are banned from their stream? I'm sure it's in the thousands.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
God drat. It’s days like today that I’m so thankful for Chris Roberts and his rag-tag crew of gently caress-ups, and for all of you. This poo poo is so god drat funny it lightens my soul and literally brings out my very best self. I’m gonna miss Star Citizen when it’s gone.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
What's a pre-recorded livestream?

Lol

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Ah its called VHS.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

Wait, are you saying you knew and called it was pre-recorded before they announced it was delayed?

http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/6129/

Then it was delayed

I heard that the "patch did it"

Then it became a pre-recorded "live" stream

----------------

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

What are the odds that CIG dumps 3.0 to Live tomorrow right before holiday, just like they did with 2.0?

That would be pretty funny.

They'll 100% dump it to open PTU, I don't know about live.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
HANG ON A MINUTE

So Derek knew the "gameplay" was going to be pre-recorded

So they've delayed the stream because that recording wasn't ready. They couldn't even get a video out of it in time for the livestream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Rad Russian posted:

Star Citizen is a metaphor for a computer game.

Star Citizen: The kind of misunderstanding that happens often on the Internet

It's a good thing Jared's job isn't to clearly communicate the state of the game to the community, especially with regards to special events. Otherwise, he would be completely incompetent at what he gets paid a fair amount of cash to do.