Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rin trying not to die as Shirou is attempting to ask Saber on a date is pretty good.

e: a lovely ending to a lovely day, good job Shirou

a kitten fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
FHA's Saber date is also great.

Poor Lancer, though he has no one to blame but himself.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wait can you date lancer in fha

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
More like Lancer tries to date every girl in the series and fucks it up every time.

You get to hang out with him at the docks and shoot the poo poo a bunch though.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I want to date Lancer

And Shirou does a good job cockblocking him too

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Compendium posted:

I want to date Lancer

And Shirou does a good job cockblocking him too
I have to wonder how many people had to at least crack open a wikipedia article to get that joke.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lancer's best moment in FHA is actually Caster's best moment in FHA

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is there a F/GO goon community? Just wondering.

I've barely started and I'm enjoying stuff. Wish Caster Cu's Noble Phantasm involved Nicolas Cage instead.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Schneider Heim posted:

Is there a F/GO goon community? Just wondering.

I've barely started and I'm enjoying stuff. Wish Caster Cu's Noble Phantasm involved Nicolas Cage instead.

You better believe it exists... cause you’re in it!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

MonsieurChoc posted:

You better believe it exists... cause you’re in it!

Do you guys have a Discord? The Granblue one is fairly active.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Schneider Heim posted:

Do you guys have a Discord? The Granblue one is fairly active.

Check out the Fate Grand Order thread in Games. Discord link is in the OP there and the thread is fairly active.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's mainly salt.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Pierson posted:

It's mainly salt.

Not really. Still too many people with one ticket get though! :salt:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah Shirou, let's go ask Kotomine about Gil, this is a good plan without any possible downsides.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

a kitten posted:

Yeah Shirou, let's go ask Kotomine about Gil, this is a good plan without any possible downsides.

:same:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

a kitten posted:

It's unironically hilarious how obvious Nasu makes it that Kotomine is evil and how literally nobody seems to catch on until he starts openly doing evil poo poo.

*guy voiced by Joji Nakata who's also like 8 feet tall and built like a brick shithouse, wears all black, and says creepy poo poo about REJOICING pops up, creepy organ music starts playing in the background* "HMM YES THIS LOOKS LIKE A MAN WE CAN ALL TRUST"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Durr this giant skeleton knight that chops off heads and is voiced by Nakata and has ominous bells toil wherever he goes must be a bad guy and not your best beloved grandpa

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It actually went even worse than I had anticipated.

I did really like how Lancer is all "not only have I been stuck working with you, who I hate, but you're also the secret master of that rear end in a top hat! :mad: "

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Plutonis posted:

Durr this giant skeleton knight that chops off heads and is voiced by Nakata and has ominous bells toil wherever he goes must be a bad guy and not your best beloved grandpa

er... i don't get the reference but yeah, "bad guy" would probably be my first guess in that situation too and that character being best grandpa would actually be something of a twist

unlike Kotomine being evil, which is the most blindingly obvious poo poo of all time and yet neither Shirou nor Rin are able to pick up on this until he is actively showing and telling them all the horrible poo poo he does

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i'm not really complaining here, fwiw, i genuinely unironically think this is funny as gently caress and it's not like Shirou is supposed to exactly be the sharpest knife in the drawer anyways

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

er... i don't get the reference but yeah, "bad guy" would probably be my first guess in that situation too and that character being best grandpa would actually be something of a twist

unlike Kotomine being evil, which is the most blindingly obvious poo poo of all time and yet neither Shirou nor Rin are able to pick up on this until he is actively showing and telling them all the horrible poo poo he does

Think it might be a reference to Berserk, where the Skull Knight is the heroes’ noble, heroic guardian angel.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the fact kotomines so evil just makes you go yeah hes probably a bad guy and then forget about him because he doesnt appear for like ten more hours in the fate route

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Darth Walrus posted:

Think it might be a reference to Berserk, where the Skull Knight is the heroes’ noble, heroic guardian angel.

...It's King Hassan.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It's unironically hilarious how obvious Nasu makes it that Kotomine is evil and how literally nobody seems to catch on until he starts openly doing evil poo poo.

*guy voiced by Joji Nakata who's also like 8 feet tall and built like a brick shithouse, wears all black, and says creepy poo poo about REJOICING pops up, creepy organ music starts playing in the background* "HMM YES THIS LOOKS LIKE A MAN WE CAN ALL TRUST"

Well, I mean, you have to consider who Rin and Shirou's points of comparison are. They don't know that many non-evil, non-crazy people. The most important character who isn't crazy or evil in their social circle is probably... Issei?

I'm just saying Shirou's bar for "seems like a normal person" is set pretty low.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I mean, it seems like neither Rin nor Shirou trusted him all that much, it's just that their imaginations didn't extend to "draining the life force of a bunch of orphans to feed Gil etc etc".

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean he was effectively a surrogate father to Rin and Shiro is never suspecting of people considering he still had faith and did things for Shinji loving Matou.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you know who else did things for shinji

kotomine kirei

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rand Brittain posted:

Well, I mean, you have to consider who Rin and Shirou's points of comparison are. They don't know that many non-evil, non-crazy people. The most important character who isn't crazy or evil in their social circle is probably... Issei?

I'm just saying Shirou's bar for "seems like a normal person" is set pretty low.

How can you forget best girl Taiga.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah! Eat Avalon you smug golden rear end in a top hat.

e: :qq:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 23, 2017

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

MonsieurChoc posted:

How can you forget best girl Taiga.

He did clarify "non-crazy"

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Taiga totally falls under crazy even if she is best girl. I mean, she's from a secret mob family so she's pretty obviously going to skew Shirou's "this is what normal people are like" sense even if she isn't evil.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Taiga has killed before

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Ayako is a pretty normal person who hangs out with Shirou and Rin.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I can not wait for the final Heaven Feels movie.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i cant wait for the sparks liner high ova

also illya singing die lorelei, i hope

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they're gonna to make sparks liner high the ending

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's still hosed up the first movie didn't air in Seattle

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think both Shirou and Rin thought Kirei was an rear end in a top hat, they just thought he was an average, everyday rear end in a top hat and not a supervillain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Clarste posted:

I think both Shirou and Rin thought Kirei was an rear end in a top hat, they just thought he was an average, everyday rear end in a top hat and not a supervillain.

Yeah, Rin was like "I don't trust Kirei, he will surely sell information on me to the other Masters!"