Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

And nothing of value was lost.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dienes posted:

And nothing of value was lost.

Yeah, I don't know why people buy that. If I'm thirsty, I have a perfectly serviceable tap to get water from.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Rysithusiku posted:

I do actually remember hearing once that while it's not commonly known, licking or straight up eating chunks of real old poo poo is a thing archaeologists do not as infrequently as you'd think.
Not 100% on that tho. May have just been a couple weirdos.

It's how you tell apart bones and rocks - bone fossil will stick to your tongue slighty, non-sedimentary rocks won't.

It's probably not encouraged though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Strom Cuzewon posted:

It's how you tell apart bones and rocks - bone fossil will stick to your tongue slighty, non-sedimentary rocks won't.

It's probably not encouraged though.

And when I tried to explain this to museum security they still invited me to leave. If they didn't want the patrons to lick the exhibits then they shouldn't have made them out of fossils. :colbert:

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, I don't know why people buy that. If I'm thirsty, I have a perfectly serviceable tap to get water from.

You can even pee in it for that authentic bud light flavor

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/marioncotilards/status/943292908731498498?s=17

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I didn't even know Rex Reed was still alive. Also, he misspelled Benicio del Toro's name, so he was wrong squared.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I think the review also got the plot wrong too

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AlbieQuirky posted:

I didn't even know Rex Reed was still alive. Also, he misspelled Benicio del Toro's name, so he was wrong squared.

That was my first thought too. I literally thought he’s been dead since the mid 90s or so

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

e: ignore this edit

dumb. has a new favorite as of 18:05 on Dec 22, 2017

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:stonk:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AlmightyBob posted:

I think the review also got the plot wrong too

Reed previously reviewed Cabin in the Woods, where he apparently didn’t actually watch the movie and lost his mind partway through.

http://observer.com/2012/04/cabin-in-the-woods-rex-reed-richard-jenkins-bradley-whitford/

quote:

It’s all part of an elaborate video game that allows paying customers to watch real people slaughtered according to the horror of choice. The five kids in the cabin are innocent pawns to test the mechanics of the game, the way fiends in a horror movie test the sounds of screaming babies as they feed them to the jaws of mutated crocodiles.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Someone aught to notify the Onion, they have recovery teams for this sort of escapee.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Drivers’ reaction:

:piss:

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Platystemon posted:

Drivers’ reaction:

:piss:

There's not enough alcohol in them to set the cars on fire.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

He’s saying holy poo poo piiisss, not burning

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

I feel like there's a lot to unpack here:

AP posted:

Man claims father-in-law used toupee to scare him

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City man who says he has a fear of the Tasmanian Devil claims his father-in-law repeatedly scared him with a toupee that looks like the cartoon character.

The New York Post reports Yunes Doleh was arrested in November for violating a restraining order filed by his son-in-law, Mazen Dayem. The 36-year-old says Doleh terrorized him at a funeral by waving the hair piece and snarling.

The Staten Island man says he’s had a fear of the Tasmanian Devil his entire life. Dayem claims his father-in-law has taken advantage of his phobia since 2013. Dayem filed a restraining order in September following an altercation with Doleh at a restaurant.

An attorney for Doleh labeled the case a “family dispute.”

Doleh faces charges of criminal contempt and aggravated harassment.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Presumably a 'joke' because there's a decent amount of fans mad at it for various reasons

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That's a nice problem to have.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Boy, I hope so. This franchise has lost sight of what made it great and they've lost me as a fan!"
buys tickets to next Star Wars event. Orders three more Dexter Jettster toys online "just in case"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Long Island Iced Tea Corp’s Shares Skyrocket After Renaming Itself ‘Long Blockchain Corp’

quote:

Beverage maker Long Island Iced Tea Corp’s <LTEA.O> shares jumped 300 percent after the company said it would rebrand itself Long Blockchain Corp [and] was shifting its primary business strategy to blockchain technology and was in the preliminary stages of evaluating specific opportunities to grow that business.

The company said it would still continue to operate its beverage business, under which it sells Long Island iced tea and Long Island lemonade.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

"Boy, I hope so. This franchise has lost sight of what made it great and they've lost me as a fan!"
buys tickets to next Star Wars event. Orders three more Dexter Jettster toys online "just in case"

Take THAT, strawman!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I thought this was a joke. Holy poo poo.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Every Bitcoin story makes me feel old

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

GrossMurpel posted:

Take THAT, strawman!

You're out of your mind if you don't think that every one of these review-bombing cretins is forking their money over to Disney with one hand and shaking their fist with the other.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

Presumably a 'joke' because there's a decent amount of fans mad at it for various reasons

Forbes is somewhat amusing because they have two movie guys: one of them really liked Last Jedi and everything he posts about its performance is incredibly optimistic; the other really disliked Last Jedi and everything he posts about its performance is incredibly pessimistic.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Sir Lemming posted:

Every Bitcoin story makes me feel old

My stepfather asked me about Bitcoins the other week. Some investor guy was talking about them on the radio.

Later, I was a family lunch for one side of the family, I walk in and 2 people are discussing Bitcoin. I decided not to say anything.
I def didnt say anything about how the price is only propped up that high because the Chinese and the Russian mafia make alot of use from Bitcoins.
I most certinaly did not say anything about how the major uses of Bitcoin is buying weapons, drugs and sex slaves

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Johnny Aztec posted:

I most certinaly did not say anything about how the major uses of Bitcoin is buying weapons, drugs and sex slaves

Most people I hear about bitcoins are the people who see this as a plus.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Johnny Aztec posted:

My stepfather asked me about Bitcoins the other week. Some investor guy was talking about them on the radio.

Later, I was a family lunch for one side of the family, I walk in and 2 people are discussing Bitcoin. I decided not to say anything.
I def didnt say anything about how the price is only propped up that high because the Chinese and the Russian mafia make alot of use from Bitcoins.

That would require it to be a functional currency. It isn’t any more, if it ever was. It’s a pure investment scam propped up by naked fraud.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

What a time to be alive!

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

dumb. posted:

What a time to be alive!

I gotta say, "IoT buttplug" is not a phrase I ever expected to see. So what happens when the security on your buttplug is poo poo :haw: and you end up with a botnet drone up your rear end?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Magnus Praeda posted:

I gotta say, "IoT buttplug" is not a phrase I ever expected to see. So what happens when the security on your buttplug is poo poo :haw: and you end up with a botnet drone up your rear end?

Bluetooth-controlled sex toys actually have terrible security and would be really easy for a dedicated hacker to break into and turn it on overdrive mid-coitus.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

Bluetooth-controlled sex toys actually have terrible security and would be really easy for a dedicated hacker to break into and turn it on overdrive mid-coitus.

And I'm sure that's someone's fetish anyway.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

chitoryu12 posted:

:prepop: Doesn't look like they'd even need to be that dedicated, based on what I'm reading. Like, some simple scripting, at most.

Intoluene posted:

And I'm sure that's someone's fetish anyway.

It's basically a kind of exhibitionism and that's fine, but adding some actual security measures would be good so someone doesn't go around raping people with an old android phone.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Open scripting relationships never work.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

:randpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I wonder what would happen if you took your sex toy hunting software around the government buildings in DC.

You're watching C-SPAN and Mike Pence suddenly begins shaking and falls to the floor mid-sentence.