Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Golli posted:

With such low fps, shouldn't SC streamers more accurately be called 'Tricklers'?

:eyepop:

taxxe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hmm, alt-tabbed for another second and tabbed back in to my commando waking up by clipping through his bed into the floor. I'm... gonna go get some lunch.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

So in the far future we've lost the tech for HUDs? Why is everything on LCDs? Cars nowadays have that tech, holy poo poo I'm getting an aneurysm from how infidelitious this fidelity is.

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training
Yeah you can pretty much tell when it's single frames, but the game doesn't seem to be showing it. Anytime I drop down under 15 FPS the ingame FPS says 20~, I've seen it hit 10~ once or twice when the game is literally stuttering.

I started running the GeForce overlay FPS counter and it's disagreeing with the ingame FPS pretty frequently by 5-10 FPS during "bad" fps moments.

My high frames have been 22-28. I had 36-40 something on one load in (assuming less populated server).

I'm so glad they are pushing this out to the masses.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

kw0134 posted:

So in the far future we've lost the tech for HUDs? Why is everything on LCDs? Cars nowadays have that tech, holy poo poo I'm getting an aneurysm from how infidelitious this fidelity is.

My question is more "is any of the information on those HUDs affectable in game, and how much of it is actually important to spaceflight?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
why does it take like 25 minutes to even get close to the loving planet

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SoftNum posted:

My question is more "is any of the information on those HUDs affectable in game, and how much of it is actually important to spaceflight?
I can't even loving tell where it's showing me speed/throttle

or weapon systems or anything

its a bunch of green lines with gibberish

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The best thing about ED is how angry it makes citizens. I haven't fired it up in months and probably never will again but it brings joy to my cold black heart without even being installed.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
welp first crash while still 500km from daymar

this is so loving bad

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

TheAgent posted:

This is what happens when your space craft fly at the speed of WW2 fighters. Every video I've ever watched of someone trying to reach a surface location has been completely agonizing.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TheAgent posted:

Hold down left shift and you can "boost" up to about 10x your regular speed. You won't spend any fuel after the first boost as long as you don't turn at all. So you can get there pretty quick in a straight line, but steering is not allowed.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

TheAgent posted:

I can't even loving tell where it's showing me speed/throttle

or weapon systems or anything

its a bunch of green lines with gibberish

You may need a new prescription.
For oxy

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Sarsapariller posted:

Hold down left shift and you can "boost" up to about 10x your regular speed. You won't spend any fuel after the first boost as long as you don't turn at all. So you can get there pretty quick in a straight line, but steering is not allowed.

Yep this. If you haven't played since they gutted "Cruise Mode", the new Cruise Mode is using your afterburner to go to "cruise speed" and then shooting in a straight line at that speed. If you make any movements you'll knock yourself out of cruising speed.

I've heard of creative methods using a combination of destabilized + engine powering on/off to be able to move around while in cruise speed, but it seems like more effort than it's worth, so gently caress that.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

TheAgent posted:

welp first crash while still 500km from daymar

this is so loving bad

Reading your update post seems like you are a masochist

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

FailureToReport posted:

Yep this. If you haven't played since they gutted "Cruise Mode", the new Cruise Mode is using your afterburner to go to "cruise speed" and then shooting in a straight line at that speed. If you make any movements you'll knock yourself out of cruising speed.

I've heard of creative methods using a combination of destabilized + engine powering on/off to be able to move around while in cruise speed, but it seems like more effort than it's worth, so gently caress that.

Also if you boost for more than about 2 minutes total you will run out of fuel and your ship will crash.

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009
hold up captain btak still follows this game?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The realistic UI that's neither realistic nor does the things you'd expect a UI to do, either in a game or in a vehicle. That's fantastic work CIG. :thumbsup:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

never stop b'taking, b'tak :unsmith:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

Also if you boost for more than about 2 minutes total you will run out of fuel and your ship will crash.

How slow is this crash?

Or do you mean crash like crash to desktop?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

B'Tak is such a carebear he says "Catch two birds with one stone."

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

MarcusSA posted:

How slow is this crash?

They mean "fall out of the loving sky" crash

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

MarcusSA posted:

How slow is this crash?

You basically just plummet straight to ground or float off into space. It's instant as soon as you hit zero fuel. There's pretty much nothing to do but kill yourself and file an insurance claim to get your ship back. The insurance claim takes 1-2 real-world hours to fill.

Star Citizen is bad.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

kw0134 posted:

They lost the Roomba technology and zippers as well. The Event must have been terrible. REMAIN INDOORS.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

hardycore posted:

hold up captain btak still follows this game?

I genuinely would've thought he'd have an aneurysm from all the 'griefers' by this point, but bless his heart he made it all the way till now apparently.

Stay safe, carebear ghost!

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009

Sarsapariller posted:

You basically just plummet straight to ground or float off into space. It's instant as soon as you hit zero fuel. There's pretty much nothing to do but kill yourself and file an insurance claim to get your ship back. The insurance claim takes 1-2 real-world hours to fill.

Star Citizen is bad.

there's a fidelitious insurance paperwork processing delay in star citizen PTU alpha three dot oh

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

FailureToReport posted:

They mean "fall out of the loving sky" crash

Out of the little bit I've tortured myself to view, I watched you, and 2 others, run out of gas, and fall to the ground, while just trying to reach a surface location, usually ruining 20-30 minutes of effort.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I haven't looked at the thread in a day, saw all the new posts and thought "drat, the stream really must have been something".

This is amazing. Everything about this is amazing.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Could this shares stuff be a plan to sell shares to backers? Project Cars did something similar.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

CrazyLoon posted:

I genuinely would've thought he'd have an aneurysm from all the 'griefers' by this point, but bless his heart he made it all the way till now apparently.

Stay safe, carebear ghost!

Since there is no game, there is no griefing.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Golli posted:

Hot sauce is the answer to your woes.

Pass on the hot sauce and tuck into a big plate of bacon with maple syrup on it!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

beet you need to stream so we can see if we can push you to be #1 star citizen streamer

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

thats not working fyi. I guess for certain ships it has it? or maybe I need fuel? I don't even know, the entire game is a fuckin mess lol

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

XK posted:

Out of the little bit I've tortured myself to view, I watched you, and 2 others, run out of gas, and fall to the ground, while just trying to reach a surface location, usually ruining 20-30 minutes of effort.

Yeah that was absolutely solid. My buddy is not so great at flying so when we started plummeting to the ground I was thinking to myself "Well, he did it again LOL".

When we discovered it was really because we ran out of the poorly indicated fuel amount, that we couldn't have read anyways because the HUD color made it almost literally unreadable even if we had known what to look for, I was pretty pissed.

The only thing that makes it even BETTER, is that you seem to only "fuel scoop" in space and not in atmosphere, which I don't really understand. I'm not a scientist, so I'm just speculating, but I would imagine you'd have more of whatever you are scooping inside of an atmosphere than out in space, so that makes no sense to me. It's further frustrating because if you're trying to have fun flying nap of earth, then that's when you're going to be boosting and burning the most. Not while you're flying in a straight line on lovely autopilot for 10+ minutes.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
oh wait it started working! nice! now its going to take me 10 minutes instead of 30

hurray, this is poo poo

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

alphabettitouretti posted:

Could this shares stuff be a plan to sell shares to backers? Project Cars did something similar.
They really should have attached the ship JPEGs to some type of Star Citizen Cryptocurrency. Then Citizens could mine while they play the game and Croberts would get a cut each second they play. Then any upgrades to ships would be a type of "Fork", and a a pledger would be able to get a copy of the newly upgrade ship, and the old ship could retain value as a collectable and still be tradeable in the older ship-version blockchain.

And intel would be selling 10 times as many of their special Star Citizen SSD drives to citizens as they make room for each new Citizen-coin's forked blockchain.

At this point they should just do it. It would be the most fantastic thing ever. Can anyone petition CIG in their official forums to get a cryptocurrency started up?

nnnotime fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 22, 2017

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

When Star Citizen first provided us with an opportunity to fly their spaceships they gave us two primary colors in the hud, each the same color as the background of the two different maps provided and in the process providing an unprecedented degree of player choice and flexibility: Which 50% of your UI do you want to have available to you in this session.

It's disheartening to see that they've since removed that choice and have decided to simply make the hud unusable regardless of where you play.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

doingitwrong posted:

I haven't looked at the thread in a day, saw all the new posts and thought "drat, the stream really must have been something".

This is amazing. Everything about this is amazing.

Honestly it was funnier that the stream was really nothing.

I worry that the actual stream will be an anticlimax now :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

big nipples big life posted:

The best thing about ED is how angry it makes citizens. I haven't fired it up in months and probably never will again but it brings joy to my cold black heart without even being installed.

The funny thing is people get all upset with "there's nothing to do!" Sorry Frontier won't hold your hand. They flat out said, "This is about as sandboxy as you can get."

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a double pulsar to visit in it.

Because it's an actual game, you see.