Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I feel bad for the Skadden paralegal who had to watch and transcribe this tripe.

taxxe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Erenthal posted:

he said sea

BOATS COMING

Yep. They are utterly desperate.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Zzr posted:

Would you like to buy more ?

New thread title.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
gently caress

i'm sure glad i spent an entire evening the friday before christmas being forcefed excrement from crobberts winking anus

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Was that the Austin happy hollidays from last year

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

spacetoaster posted:

They REALLY hat Chris.

This remake of Reservoir Dogs looks terrible.

Also, I want a screenshot of Space Mop. Please, Lieutenant?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
I saw Pusher!

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost
Absolute nonsense.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Okay, well I know my sale guess is guaranteed to be wrong. Since apparently the sale runs from now until Jan 15th.

The sale runs almost a month. Get in now!

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Christopher "2 watches" Roberts

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Well then.

That was rather underwhelming.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i loved the christmas card of just two poser models waving and everyone else sat there, dead eyed and stiff

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BeigeJacket posted:

Well then.

That was rather underwhelming.

The faithful are eating it up though. I'm 100% sure its people that already bought into this poo poo because anyone non-committed will look at this and know its poo poo

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Exclusive sales that only last for a quarter of the year.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Nicholas posted:

Christopher "2 watches" Roberts

One's a ShitBit.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Buy a tank in our dogfighting space ship game!! It's good for all players! It's good in all situations!

I can do everything! Look at these jpegs!!

Buy a battalion of them for all your friends!!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Star Citizen: Star Tonk: The Next Deception

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
So, it ended with all the staff wishing us a Merry Christmas at all the studios.

Ben was nowhere to be seen.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Well, I know the livestream is underway and people aren't probably interested in talking about 3.0's recent stealth launch, but in light of it, I felt like I should push out a summary version of the infographic. I assume there are typos because GORF but otherwise, this feels like a good summation of the Alpha 3.0 development. It's Chris Roberts whole M.O. in microcosm - overpromise soon / underdeliver late.

I added a little bit to the timeline, including CR's "I just want to sell the narrative" quote in "The Road to CitizenCon" that, to me, really captures Chris Roberts so poetically. I mean, just watch it if you haven't because it's so, so choice. He's so obviously disinterested in working out the specific mechanics of play but eager to include visuals if they can help him in the ongoing good work of hyping the fanbase at a fundraising event.

I also changed the CitizenCon 2017 summary and as noted a couple of days ago, added the summary of Professions / Game Mechanics. From 5 promised to 1 fully delivered - though if you want to pretend your a Pirate, Mercenary or Bounty Hunter, by all means, go ahead. There aren't really any mechanics that support those professions but you know how it goes. You Gotta Believe!

Also, what a livestream.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

spacetoaster posted:

Buy a tank in our dogfighting space ship game!! It's good for all players! It's good in all situations!

You could rent out rooms in that thing. WTF?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Drunk Theory posted:

So, it ended with all the staff wishing us a Merry Christmas at all the studios.

Ben can't leave home anymore.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
Well that was boring.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Drunk Theory posted:

well they had to pick between him or everyone else for what they could fit into the frame

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

XK posted:

You could rent out rooms in that thing. WTF?

12 meters tall. 15 meters wide.

That's what the dude said.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

spacetoaster posted:

cumbril

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

They literally shot up one space fighter in their 80 minutes space ship demo.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

God, picture how hard it's going to be to maneuver that thing around. You'd constantly be getting hung up on rocks and doodads, probably shortly before the physics engine flings you into space/through the planets geometry.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Ok but all jokes aside the Vanduul looked amazing and they really nailed the animation.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

So should I buy SQ42 or just watch someone else play it on twitch? Also, did they say when it's coming out?

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
Are they still claiming it will have VR implemented in the future? I can't think of many worse games for it based on that video, with how frequently you are pulled into a cut scene from a different viewpoint.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

XK posted:

It wasn't a space fighter, it was a bunch of numbers on a screen

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
I call it progress to be honest.

Last year they couldn't carry a box 10 feet without crashing.
Now they can carry grates!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

spacetoaster posted:

12 meters tall. 15 meters wide.

That's what the dude said.
a typical townhouse is 20-24ft wide or 6-7.3m

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I called it.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

All of Sandi's parts were "Would you like to do that again?" takes. And then they didn't.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

XK posted:

There was two or three.
But they looked away so you couldnt see the ship debris explode. You could see the smoke/light explosions, little else.
Nice way to prevent slowdown if you dont look at the physic objects.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Did anyone say Rubbing Space Industries yet?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Chris is better on camera than Sandi. Whew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

i never doubted you