Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I used a 4* ticket and got a tinker which is good enough for me. Went to back spending the rest of my chest tickets on the Cloud banner, did get a Rainbow but it was Knight Delita #2. Here's to hoping he gets a good 7* upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Watch me farm up a bunch of TMs for my magic units and have Gumi release Aileens enhancements next batch.

Should I even bother with sword and arms when I have 4 Williams? Will the flexibility of williams TM and extra defense outweigh a few extra damage?

e-Ummmm another question for Christine that I might test later. Taunts interaction with it. 50% damage mitigation is huge, most of the time you dont see units having more than 30%. Even if its single target and has a hefty demerit attached to it in the form of stop, if the unit taunted already then it doesnt matter right? The enemy is still going to punch it in the face regardless of whether or not its stopped? I know a stopped unit wont cover, but taunt and cover work differently

Provoke is a buff which grants draw attacks so yeah as long as they’re targetable, they will be punched in the face.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
After doing the bird last night, I went back and pushed that Moon's poo poo in. Roy with 9k hp was singing, 9k hp Ayaka was healing and near constantly reraising poor Mystea who even with a bunch of HP +30% materia is woefully low on HP and I've already fed her a 100 points worth of pots. Rikku was switching between her LB and POD shield then finished with Bahamut for Trance Terra and CryHavoc's Trance Terra. He may have left us but his Trance Terra is still drat useful. Between Ayaka and Roy I was constantly topped off with mp. drat this bard is a hell of a thing, I gotta grind out another 2 Spirit of Freedoms so he and Ayaka can get them again, what a good TMR that is.

Should probably get onto that but I'll finish my current TMR squad before I tackle that just so it's no hassle.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
The... dodge materia?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Yeah, I'm curious about that, too.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Another neat thing about Christine is she can imbue an ally to cast ice shards for 3 rounds which is just a single target chaining move. It does decent damage if you use it on another high MAG character like her new bff T.Terra.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wish it would scale off of SPR too so I can give it to ayaka on trash fights. Ice shards thing might be nice if the mob is weak to ice and you trigger your own 100% ice debuff but the % damage just cant match chaos wave spam. It does give T.Terra a way to single target burst chain on those fights where using aoe means death.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Yeah, and somebody on Reddit pointed out it could potentially be good for Fry if you wanted to bring her along for ice imperil. I feel like it might open up a lot of interesting combos.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
I've had terrible luck with 10+1s lately, but in the past two days I got Roy, Christine, and William #2 out of a handful of 4*and regular tickets, so I'm pretty happy with that.

What TMRs should I be looking for to gear up Christine? She's my first top tier (?) magic damage dealer.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

werdnam posted:

I've had terrible luck with 10+1s lately, but in the past two days I got Roy, Christine, and William #2 out of a handful of 4*and regular tickets, so I'm pretty happy with that.

What TMRs should I be looking for to gear up Christine? She's my first top tier (?) magic damage dealer.

She's def top tier if you can imperil reliably, but being a limited unit means you wont find a whole lot of other hers to chain with to maximize damage with elemental spark chains. Still, her BIS would probably be 2 mateus malices or 1 mateus malice 1 malborowhip/draco spear if the enemy is of those types, a pair of dark robes or swimsuit finas clothes, timothis hat, her own accessory, genji glove.

Materias would be 1 rod mastery, 1 Fina's materia (If using robes, swimsuit is clothes), or just filling everything out with Williams materia.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So I’m just supposed to randomly throw candy canes at the story event?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

hagie posted:

I came here to ask you the same thing, it seems broken

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
4 11-pulls and about 20 tickets got me a tinkerer Carrie, my 3rd Queen and a Kryla.

Bit disappointed at that, I really wanted Christine, and Kryla seems pretty underwhelming so far.
And this event kind of sucks. Really low drop rate on candy canes (apparently there will be a better place to grind canes, but we have to grind the story to level 8?)

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Just cleared out my friends list a bit, have A2 kitted out for ice bird. Can't imagine that she's not strong enough attack-wise, but I have her on shiva to get her ice resist to 80%.

Hopefully some of you can benefit.

edit: I am stupid and forgot about fenrir, switched that out

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 22, 2017

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

hagie posted:

I'm guessing the next stage unlocks when the bar fills up. We have 16 million candy canes to go. Get on it people.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I’m holding mine for the tickets and/or moogles

I toss some out on occasion though to not be a complete Herb

hagie fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 22, 2017

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

It's really cute if gumi expects me to grind for this garbage a hundred candy canes at a time.

This event is bullshit, the units are lovely. Merry Christmas to all and to all a Type-0 unit.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Well I quit the raid, and I quit the bonus, but I’m trying to decide what I want to go after...realistically I am going to skip the 4* ticket...***

I have too much TMR need at the moment that I might just TMR 24/7 for the next couple days...

Tidus
Aileen
Mercedes (maybe)
Zidane #3
Veritas Heavens
Prishe
Leon #1

That’s just for starters...

***Edit gently caress this! Just noticed that the moogles are for the banner units and not generic moogles...guess I’ll sit on this a while. Hopefully the opened up story areas drop the canes too

hagie fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 22, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Tall Tale Teller posted:

It's really cute if gumi expects me to grind for this garbage a hundred candy canes at a time.

This event is bullshit, the units are lovely. Merry Christmas to all and to all a Type-0 unit.

It appears that the story quests are going to have escalating costs as well making the grind that much worse. Best to wait for next week and hopefully they'll unveil a harder difficulty that rewards canes by the thousands.

It's funny because it's roughly the same amount of currency you'd get in a normal King Mog event but because there are no bonus units you realize how awful those events really are.

I really would have liked those pots too. I'm not even sure the 4* ticket is worth the 67 runs it would take to get it. The Halloween skeleton key event by comparison was way better than this crap.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

It appears that the story quests are going to have escalating costs as well making the grind that much worse. Best to wait for next week and hopefully they'll unveil a harder difficulty that rewards canes by the thousands.

It's funny because it's roughly the same amount of currency you'd get in a normal King Mog event but because there are no bonus units you realize how awful those events really are.

I really would have liked those pots too. I'm not even sure the 4* ticket is worth the 67 runs it would take to get it. The Halloween skeleton key event by comparison was way better than this crap.

I know a loving 4* isnt worth it right now so I'm TMing till Gumi gets its head out of its rear end and gives us 10+1 ticket bribe.

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Christine is fine. In fact I'm thinking of running her with my Fry instead of using my T.Terras for some content. And she fits great with T.Terra for 10 mans.

Ice is stronger here than its ever been in japan which is cool (huuurrr huuuuuuurrr). Now gumi, dont gently caress up Fry's enhancements and you're golden

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 22, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

HOLY gently caress level 2 just opened up and it’s 500 loving CANES??

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Dear Gumi:

gently caress this event, I'm not investing that much time for another Rosa

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
You don't have to keep spending the canes on the story, just collecting them adds to the total.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

HOLY gently caress level 2 just opened up and it’s 500 loving CANES??

Fwiw you get a summon ticket.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

It also has the one-handed instrument that isn't character locked. I'll get the cheap stuff but 450-500 per 25 energy run is :yikes: for anything expensive. (big pots don't even have a bulk discount, it's x3 / x2 / x5 the cost of the small pot)

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Why is Gumi so loving BAD at these holiday events? Like seriously holy poo poo.

It was the same thing with Halloween. It felt like we just loving dropped off of the "good" events and into complete loving poo poo for two weeks. And in the case of Halloween this was coming off after such amazing events as "hope you have non-elemental MAG units fucker" Hein and "Oh, what, you want to hit Repeat? gently caress You buddy" Shadow Lord.

In other news, I spent all my EX tickets today, 39x 3*, 11x 4*, 3x 5*, and 3x 10+1. Did not come out with Christine or even Kryla. But I still sort-of broke something in terms of Rainbow Rates I think:

Gladiolus #2
Dark Fina #1
Prishe #2
Nyx #1
Fohlen #4 and #5
Zargabaath #4
Cloud #5 (lol)
Ace #5

And then my christmas present units:

Fryevia #1 finally
Ayaka #1 loving Finally
AND
Elfreeda #2! Gonna be joining that double Marshall Glove club soon :getin:

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 22, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They had a winning recipe with the Easter event and I dont think they've done it again.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

IN MY OPINION its so weird how coincidentally every time something comes out for global it really sucks and is grindy. oh well, we can never solve this mystery. back to the lapis mines!

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

rabidsquid posted:

IN MY OPINION its so weird how coincidentally every time something comes out for global it really sucks and is grindy. oh well, we can never solve this mystery. back to the lapis mines!

I love the event dungeon but now that it's over and we're in this crap I'm probably just gonna TMR for a week again

Gumi can let ya down if you let 'em

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So Christine chains with 2B apparently, meaning that my northern lights 2B build will probably need to become a thing.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I hate all you guys that keep pulling rainbows. My luck has been absolute poo poo since the rate up. I'm just waiting for that 5* ticket to pop out a Lightning.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Welp, I burned my stockpile of 60 tickets, 4 4* tickets, 4 4* EX tickets, and 8 10+1 tickets, but did not pull Christine.

However, I did pull:
Dark Veritas
Kryla
Loren
Fryevia
Ayaka
Wilhelm
Fohlen #2.

At least I can use DV+Agrias as chainers for 10-man trials which was the point of this spree, and once I level up Ayaka I can catch up on the trials.

PDQ Law fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 23, 2017

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Ratmtattat posted:

I hate all you guys that keep pulling rainbows. My luck has been absolute poo poo since the rate up. I'm just waiting for that 5* ticket to pop out a Lightning.

Yeah, zero rainbows since the rate up. I got a five-gold 10+1 ticket pull once?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They had a winning recipe with the Easter event and I dont think they've done it again.

Easter event was the gold standard of how events should be done and I'm still sitting on like 1500 megacryts.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
How do you beat this Air Buster gently caress?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PDQ Law posted:

Welp, I burned my stockpile of 60 tickets, 4 4* tickets, 4 4* EX tickets, and 8 10+1 tickets, but did not pull Christine.

However, I did pull:
Dark Veritas
Kryla
Loren
Fryevia
Ayaka
William
Fohlen #2.

At least I can use DV+Agrias as chainers for 10-man trials which was the point of this spree, and once I level up Ayaka I can catch up on the trials.

Two top tier attackers and THE top tier healer.

Ahh I thought you drew wilhelm, welp still a good set but not nearly enough 5* in there given the pulls

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 23, 2017

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Two top tier attackers and THE top tier healer.

Ahh I thought you drew wilhelm, welp still a good set but not nearly enough 5* in there given the pulls

Edited, yes it was Wilhelm, Mr. Tank. He's on the back burner though since all my LB pots are going to Ayaka, and enhanced 100% evasion WoL serves my tanking needs for now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Enhanced 100% evasion WoL provoking on round 1, AOE cover on round 2. Otherwise, I think iNichol making a 100% evasion unit cover can do it, or Rikku's LB if that's not possible.

I can put up my enhanced 100% evasion WoL if you want.

PDQ Law fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 23, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If anything you have a really hard choice when 7* comes out and you dont know where to spend your UOC ticket. Lloren, Wilhelm, VoD are all amazing top tier at their role characters and Ayaka's bound to have a strong 7* she's already insane.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Blow them up in a single turn with a DR chain capped by Olive and VoF. :black101::supaburn:

I messed up my timing and it lived on 8% hp but it only killed Tilith so it died quickly on the 2nd round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I can put up my Wilhelm if you need him. He can take the punch and have about 6k hp left after impregnable.

• Locked thread