Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 25 -> 23 (Noggins) -> 23 -> 21 (Starn) -> 21 -> 19 (Ringo) -> 20
Skills: Mushrooms +15
Kicking +25 -> +45

Sucy watched the Vile Mechanism work with her breath held. The information given to her by her ring was so overwhelming as to be nigh incomprehensible, but she was both fascinated and revulsed by what she was seeing. The ring might be a crucial element to understanding the science of the Old Guys, a feat that had been thought impossible so far, as everything Tö and Frö knew about the OGs and their creations had been a result of painful trial and error, with little understanding as to why things worked as they did. Sucy resolved that in the future she would make an effort to use the ring to observe Grimper and Magda as they used their strange abilities, as well as any enemy commander they might come across.

As she was still considering all that, the victims of the Mechanism were slowly coming to, and the biggest visible change outside of Ringo, was to Hob, who apparently was cured of his rampant monsterism by the machine.
Sucy approached him and helped him get up, observing that his knees were still shaking. The mechanism had obviously taken more from him than just his wendigo form.
"I'm glad you're back among the monsterism free Hob, and I'm sure Noggins will be too. Here, have a bottle of mushbrew to get you back on your feet. Be sure to thank Neebs for it, she's the one who came up with the idea. " She said as she handed him her bottle.
Transfer my bottle of mushbrew to Hob

After checking on the others, Sucy loitered in the vault until everyone else has filtered back outside. She had seen what the machine had done to Ringo, and decided that she had to do everything she could to deny it to the Fröans.
First of all, this meant that she had to grab the vault key on the way out. As she grabbed it, she quickly slid on the ring, to see if the vault closing also showed her things.

Second she had to try and destroy any access tunnels leading to the vault or close to it, no point in making it easier for anyone to dig it out again, right?
Third she'd have to command all the Föstisians to forget everything they knew about the vault.
With these priorities in mind, she headed back up to the surface to recruit some help.
Once there, she was approached by Stårn, who began talking to her excitedly.
Still preoccupied she didn't pay too close attention:

quote:

"Enjoying the kicks?...
mushrooms...
poisons...
spores... "

I like what I'm hearing, sure I'm in, I'm going to need your squad's help anyway, as I figure you gotta have some transferable skills between sieging and destroying a mine.

With Siege Team Six in tow, Sucy raided the Föstisian store houses one last time, looking for some boom sticks and fuses.
With the explosives in their possession, the group descended back into the mine. Sucy and Mason began knocking out support posts from the access tunnels leading to the vault, Stårn and Burnie placed boom sticks, which Grumbus connected with fuses, while Gado wielded his pick to erase the markings that the horde had left when they descended.

When all was set up and done, Burnie lit the fuse and the six Töans walked away as the fire slowly approached the boom sticks.

While the explosions rocked the mountain, Sucy asked the others to help her gather the remaining population, in order to give them a last set of orders.

After having gathered everyone, she gave the following instructions to them:
Alright, listen up! For these instructions there will be no "following the letter of the law instead of the spirit" there will be no passive aggressive BS with forgetting what's inconvenient etc. You will do what I tell you without hesitation or attempts to avoid doing it.
First off: you will destroy any documentation of the vault and the tunnels leading there or close to it. You will also destroy any maps that detail the layout of the mines beyond the three biggest trunks of it.
You will spend the time until the horde leaves this town searching it and the mines for any such documentation that you may not be aware of yet. If you find any, the previous orders to destroy it apply.
Secondly: Once the horde has left, you will forget everything you know about the horde and the vault, as well as the layout of the mines.
Thirdly, you will also not answer any questions about these topics or why you can't answer questions about them, as well as any recursive question that references this, so no answering questions why you can't answer questions about questions about us for example.
As long as you follow these orders you will be permitted to live a regular productive life here in Föstis.
Alright, get going!

With this done, Sucy began packing her things and reported for departure to Öxnyard

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Dec 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Verika
HP: 2/2
Skills: Perception, Keen Sight, Sniping
Equipment: Fröman Cuirass (+1), Iron Shield, Arrow Flatpack, Ornate Bowharp (+2), Fostis Ale
Cosmetics: Nail and Fist Token, Agenou's Cape Sash, Sharp Stick (+0)
Glory: 7
Ritual Chits: 14 (artwork bonus)

Leaving Fostis: Verika, with her keen perception, had been noticing more and more of the characters around the Horde's camps. Sucy the Mushrümier had been particularly busy lately. Spurred on by her successes with the Mushbrëwm and the popularity of her Agenou Cape Sashes, Sucy had become quite the accomplished Töan around camp. It came as no surprise to Verika when she found out that Sucy had also been given a spot on the illustrious Siege Team Six, with Stårn the Sieger manning the helm. He had a good eye for leveraging talents to his cause, that one.

Verika watched as Sucy and her new teammates set off into the Fostis mines, intending to demolish all the pathways leading to the Old Guys vault.

Though it might have given her a kind of grim satisfaction to do so, Verika couldn't join in - she was too busy helping Sucy out with one of her requests:

Sucy posted:

Sucy asked the others to help her gather the remaining population, in order to give them a last set of orders.

A last set of orders for the Fostisians? Oh, of course - that's right! Verika recalled the major blunder the Horde had made the last time they had left Fostis behind - they had completely forgotten to order the population into being unhelpful to the enemy!

Verika made a list of things that the Fostisians would be ordered to remember.

Verika, to the Fostisians posted:

REMEMBER - if anyone asks:
You've never heard of the Old Guys.
You've never seen anything strange in the mines.
You've never had an army of Töans come though here.
You've never heard of the Unexpectables.
You've never seen a Warlord before.
You've never heard of the General Grimper.
You could use more food and beer.
Town supplies are low.
There was a fire at the latrines.
The Mayor is on vacation.
Commander Agenou never made it here.
(what else... oh, right:)
Your Nail is the only thing keeping you alive. Hide it from view and don't let others touch it.

She reviewed this list with the assembled Fostisians, again and again, waiting for Sucy and the others to return from their mission in the mines. It was always so hard to be certain with these untöward sorts of things like Nail magic, but Verika hoped that this list of things for the Fostisians to "remember" would help the Unexpectable Horde cover its tracks and slow down the enemy's efforts at the same time.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 23, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Name: Bamboo
HP: 1/??
Glory: 29 + 1 (Story Glory) > 30
Skill: Virtuoso [READY]

-[Fostis]-

Bamboo had screamed. Cried out, in pain and in fury. While she couldn’t remember the sound, she distinctly remembered opening her mouth and expelling her lungs. Literally.

She had been ripped apart. Every organ removed, every muscle torn, each sinew ripped, her last drop of blood, boiled away.

It was a relief, honestly. Her fight was finally over. She could rest; the hurt, the disappointment, the longing, the grief, all could be set aside.

Then Queen Reina appeared in front of her.

“No Bamboo, not yet. The burden placed on you is great, and your task, unfair. Still, I ask this of you. The Pawns ask this of you. Think back to your mentors. Ask yourself, what would they do? What did they do??”

Bamboo awoke in the dark, on the cold stone floor beside the Vile Mechanism; it had apparently expelled her, after it had finished the ‘process’.

She felt . . . awful. Like she had been rearranged, piece-by-piece. Time enough to assess herself later. For now, she was weak, confused, and her skillcore, somehow replaced.

What the hell is Virtuoso???

Making her way back to camp, Bamboo stumbled around and tried to gather what she could; she still had her gear, thank the Queen.

Neebs and Sucy were offering drinks; well, she really could use one right now. Nodding her thanks, she took a bottle for later; while getting pleasantly drunk RIGHT NOW sounded like a great idea, she had some things to attend to.

Some of the other Hordlings hadn’t come back from their trips into the Vile Mechanism; Bamboo both envied and despised that fact.

Still, The Horde would endure, and Bamboo would need to become stronger, again. Claiming another skillcore would be a good start, and this time, it seemed to be rather fitting given her recent life choices.

Action

> Bamboo tries to claim the Poor Decision Making skillcore: 1d100 14 [1d100=14]

Bamboo next happened by where Humbug was in Full Detective Mode; she waited patiently while his attention was occupied elsewhere.

Grimly, she mused as to how the situation with Doc would resolve; most likely exactly the way she anticipated, with another body in the ground.

Finally catching his eye, Bamboo gestured with her bottle of Mushbrewm, her message clear, “Humbug, come find me later and we’ll chat over a drink or two.”

Next on her list was Splut.

“Congratulations, Captain, on the promotion. Clearly, you wear the rank well”, Bamboo gestured at his Rather Dapper Suit.

Moving closer and speaking in hushed tones so that only he could hear, “I appreciate the offer, and, let’s just say that I have other ‘obligations’ at the moment which prevents me from joining your band of rogues.”

Bamboo then leaned back and took in the measure of the man, “However, you can consider me an . . . independent consultant, should the occasion arise where we can work in concert.”

She inclined her head at Splut as she took her leave, “Until then, Captain.”

And finally, Bamboo arrived to the one ‘conversation’ of the day which she had been dreading since her vision of The Queen.

Even in death, Queen Reina had been right; it was time to check in with the Quartermaster.

It wasn’t that she hadn’t considered speaking with Magda before; she just wasn’t sure what good it would do. Bamboo had been too low-level in the Pawns, and Magda wouldn’t know who she was, or that she was even in the ‘organization’.

Still, identifying herself to the Quartermaster is the proper move, and so, with some hesitation and anxiety, Bamboo made her way into the dim interior of the wagon, and presented herself to its owner.

Quartermaster Magda, I am Bamboo, and by the Queen’s directive, I beg to know, have you heard from the other Pawns?”

Bamboo votes to go to Skelivanch, wherever that was. It made no sense to go there, which was why it was the right move; their enemies would never suspect it.

***** Edit *****

Replaced Portrait.

CourValant fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 22, 2017

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Cause votes we go to Noostra

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

HP:3
Glory:32
Lying
Charm +25
Ritual Glory:0
Infiltrator Captain

CourValant posted:

Next on her list was Splut.

“Congratulations, Captain, on the promotion. Clearly, you wear the rank well”, Bamboo gestured at his Rather Dapper Suit.

Moving closer and speaking in hushed tones so that only he could hear, “I appreciate the offer, and, let’s just say that I have other ‘obligations’ at the moment which prevents me from joining your band of rogues.”

Bamboo then leaned back and took in the measure of the man, “However, you can consider me an . . . independent consultant, should the occasion arise where we can work in concert.”

She inclined her head at Splut as she took her leave, “Until then, Captain.”

His face impassive, he returned the nod, for such were the natures of those he sought. He kept his eyes from flickering to the stigma of her recent OG experience, and headed towards the next potential on his list.

"Portha, I hear you've been making some very interesting substances lately. That's on top of your hard work all over the Horde, which has most definitely not gone unnoticed. I'm looking to bring together a new squad of Infiltrators. Would you be interested?"

At Ringo's reply, he nodded, placing a reassuring hand briefly on the UberTö's shoulder.

"I understand. If there's anything you think would help or be supportive, let us know."

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 22, 2017

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Name: Ringo!
HP: 4/4
Glory: 20 (includes +2 from Sucy for the kicking core)
Skill: Lockpicking, Ventriloquism, Whistling+15
Hotswap Skillcores: Kissing, Cross Stitching, Accuracy, Bee Keeping, Lifting +15, Pigilante Justice, Firestarting, Weaving +15, Avoiding Notice
Other: Rolls 10d100

~The Vault~

Ringo sat in the Vile Mechanism. His stomach was churning and it hadn't even turned on yet. Why was he even here? To be great? To earn glory? To prove himself? Was there something wrong with him? Lately he'd been going harder than ever. One suicidal stunt after another, and now this. It was too late to change his mind, though. The seats moved to life.

~The Void~

The void was infinite. It was full of points of light. It was Empty. There was nothing but him...and the others.

Ringo stared back at them for what seemed like an eternity. Burnie, Pog, Bamboo, Snorkus, Verika, Gloff, Börk, Grani, Hob. They were seized in agony. And there behind them, himself.

"This is what I wanted." Other-Ringo said. "Standing aside from the rest. Above the rest."

The other Volunteers turned to dust. Other-Ringo inhaled deeply, and took them in. "I am blessed, and I am worthy. And now it is time to wake up."

~The Vault~

Ringo blinked painfully. The others were still there. Mostly. Something wasn't right though. He thought to himself as he surveyed the room.

They seem out of sorts. Maybe I could knit them something nice, like a scarf? Or has some unhogly fiend disturbed them? I'll send the whole swarm after the villains! Death by 1000 tiny bee-kisses, precisely on the eyeballs!
And then we burn the remains and lift them up and over a cliff. And we'll do it fast, so nobody sees it coming!

His breath came up short. The chair flung him off unceremoniously, but he landed smartly on his feet. It was easy, like he'd planned it. And then Grimper came in, hand outstretched. Pitch and Yaw figures floated around his grasp, and Ringo moved in for the most incredible handshake he'd ever given. Recognition! But the others...

"I won't let you down, Warlord." Ringo hurriedly excused himself, and strode out of the vault. Something about his head felt odd. He reached up almost without realizing it, and felt his topknot. It was whole again? And felt more robust and symmetrical than ever! A perfect circle. He imagined he felt 10 nodules ringing the shape, but his fingers never rose a micrometer as he ran them around the loop.

Splut came up beside him. Membership in an Infiltration squad? It was an interesting thought.

"Splut. I'll think about it. I...Have some stuff to get through."

Humbug strolled up. The Watchtö had been a friend through all of this, and here he was again with a bottle of booze. Ringo smiled. "Thanks, Humbug." The bottle felt cold and small in his hands. Were his hands bigger? He hadn't noticed how he was looking slightly down at everyone now. "I don't know how I got through all of this myself. I guess I really am just lucky." Ringo clenched his fists and nodded. "Don't be a stranger. Ah, tell Grimper I think we should go to Noostra."

He walked away from the crowd. He needed time to think things over, get it all in order. Time to sort out who he was now.

~Later~

Ringo sat cross legged on a flat rock. Was this all worth it? Was this the cost of power? He stared off into the sky, watching clouds move. Small figures popped up, indicating estimated acceleration, humidity, and potential shape-familiarity. He didn't feel Töan anymore, but the Vile Mechanism seemed to imply that the OGs didn't seem to consider Töans more than disposable shells. Stock figures. Model Citizens. But they were themselves, drat it! He was himself. And Burnie. And Pog. And Bamboo. And Snorkus. And Verika. And Gloff. And Börk. And Grani. And Hob.

He was.

Ringo lay back on the stone and let his mind go blank. For a little while, he hoped that would be enough.

---

OOC: Voting to go to Noostra.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Dec 22, 2017

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Cosmetics:

Skill 2: Amputation
Skill 3: Spinning+25
HP: 1/1
Glory 14

Qwäg is visibly nonplussed by the news from the Vault, and after attempting to shoo a few mooks away from the fallen Spinning core to glom onto her own, spends considerable time monstrously hunched over her Riskbook with tiny pencil stub clutched in one claw, making edits and calculations and reciting arcane actuarial procedure to a seemingly invisible audience. She spends extra time on Ringo's page, scribbling and sketching while staring intently (and probably unnervingly, if he notices) at the transformed dekatö. Nearby Unexpectables can make out something about "H͡èroi̶sm̸'s̷ como͠ŗb̸idi̷t̸y͏ w̨it͏h h͞ub̧ris̨.҉," and debating the necessity of a " ̧de͝ ņov̵o̡ as̡ses̢s̛m̢e͡nt," with a clearly confounded and anxious mook.

Claim the extra Spinning skillcore: 1d100 5
Horde Vote: Go to Noostra.

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 23, 2017

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
COSMETIC ITEMS:
Name: Snorkus
Skills: Pigilante Justice+10, Gazing+10, Rolling+25
Item Cooldowns: Utility "Belt" (available next downtime)
HP: 1/1
Glory: 3-> 4
Notes: Vile Mechanism Survivor

Coughing and hacking, Snorkus pried himself free of the chair. "By the hoary hogs of Hoggoth - what WAS that?" It was like the very essence of his heroism - his drive to inflict Pigilante Justice upon those deserving of its bristly wrath - had been ripped away somehow, taken somewhere beyond him. Certainly, lesser warriors would have crumbled under the assault - blown away like so much dust upon the breeze. but Snorkus refused to give in. He was a HERO, and he would never let anyone - Old Guy or not - take that away from him!

And he had won. The machine had torn him apart, wracked him with pain, and left him to die - but he was still here. He could still fight.

~~~

Snorkus blinked a few times, hands going to his trusty domino mask. It didn't seem to fit quite right anymore - hanging loose in some places and stretching tight in others. What on earth was going on? Given a few moments' worth of careful groping, he suddenly realized - the chair had returned his eyes to their normal shape! His Monsterism was gone!

...dash it all, he had spent so much time painstakingly cutting that domino mask to fit them in the first place! But hm, it seemed that the horde had obtained a supply of sashes freshly looted from the enemy warlord. Perhaps one of them could be.... re-purposed, to heroic effect.

Ah, there we go. Much better.

~~~

But that was not all. He somehow knew, looking at Ringo, what had happened. The same fire that burned within his soul and left it crispy with JUSTICE now burned within another. Assessing the newly remade soldier critically, he nodded with satisfaction. Patting him on the back before he could slip away, Snorkus made a rare declaration for all to hear.

"Rest up, Piglet. Tomorrow, your training begins - so that you, too, can shoulder the burden you have inherited."

Actions:
  • Attempting to pick up one of the Tuned Shields - to be properly piggified later.

Rolls:
Rolling for a Tuned Shield: 1d100 39

EDIT: Added an additional RP blurb re: domino mask/Agenou's sash.

Podima fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 22, 2017

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Chair Survivor portraits - I'll add more as people confirm. So far Gloff and Grani are dead, and I think only Pog and Börk are outstanding otherwise.

The weird stuff on your faces and bodies will be mentioned later, but they're lowered sections of skin. Like you're been flayed in little squares, but it doesn't hurt, it just feels extremely unpleasant. It doesn't seem to impede functionality, even on things like eyes and noses, but it's disfiguring. There's other narrative effects, but we'll get to that later. More portraits coming in here, and an update at... some point?

edit:

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 22, 2017

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Edited some additional content into Snorkus' post, with an art request to be filed under "eventually" within two hours of me asking for it, apparently!

Podima fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 22, 2017

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Noggins
Skillcores: Carpentry, Precision, Aiming
Glory: 38
Ritual Glory: 4

The Clearing

Torchlighter posted:

So you're it, Nog, until you die or quit."

Noggins jumped a bit when Gryph spoke up, but nodded along as the medic spoke. He was right. It wasn't the easiest thing to hear, but he was right. She'd used his objection to the Inhabited as an excuse to put faith in Grimper, to try and see him as more than he was. But the Warlord was just... himself. He was strong, and imposing, but as awe-inspiring as he could be, he was still just a Tö. An alcoholic Tö with little real regard for those that he led, prone to taking out his anger on those around him. He was the commander, yes, but that didn't make him a leader.

And somebody had to shoulder that weight, if Grimper wouldn't. It wouldn't be an easy role to fill, but it wouldn't be worthwhile if it were. Noggins would just have to step up.

"Thanks, Gryph. I needed that. And... well, this isn't going to be much of a vow of chivalry but... " she picked herself up, and kneeled in front of the doctor. She couldn't resist making this at least a little dramatic. "I promise... to you, and to the Horde.... that I'll do all that I can to bring everyone home safe. I know that I won't be able to save everyone, and I know that the lines I won't cross will make that harder... but I promise that I'll never stop trying. And... thanks. Again. I've got something I need to do now"

The Camp

It didn't take long to find what she was looking for. All she had to do was find Zapanda. But she had to be careful--her objective was sharper than ever.

As stealthily as she could manage, Noggins crept up behind Hob and pulled him into a tight hug, leaning in towards his ear.

"Don't think you can get out of being an eyepatch buddy just by regrowing your eye. You're in this for the long haul." she laughed, and that caught her breath. "I'm glad you're... well... yeah."

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

~RIP Gawp~

Voting for Noostra.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
;
Name: Hat
Skills: Millinery (+15), Backflips (+15)
HP: 3/3
Equipment: Spear (+1), String-Slayer Armour (+2), Tuned Shield; Sikatris Scarf, Mushbrëwm
Glory: 27-> 28

It had finally happened; Hat had faced a Nailing ceremony sober. The first Nail occured in a drunken blackout; the second in the aftermath of the Wendigo fight, under heavy medication. This nail, though, was different. It was to be inserted near the left shoulderblade, meaning that Hat was pushing a Nail into someone else, and another person would push the sharp piece of metal into her body. She waited for Grimper's signal, and pushed and screamed as the Nail pierced her skin. A burst of white-hot pain for a few seconds, slowly fading to a dull ache. Not as bad as she feared.

Then the second ritual started. Hat felt a pang of revulsion as the Horde's magics erased the personalities of twenty people in front of her eyes, turning them into little more than puppets. She was complicit in this. She had stood aside and meekly let it happen. Would the forces of Frö treat her any better, in the event of capture? Hat thought back to Nägel, and the prisoners/experiments that had almost killed her. Was this an appropriate retaliation?

Hat was still turning these thoughts over in her mind when Neebs approached, handing bottles of beer out to the Horde members. "Cheer up, Hat," said the Salestö. "The first one's free! If you want more, see Magda!" Hat thanked her for the kind gift and studied the label. "Around three-quarters of lucky early Mushbrëwm tase-testers rated the beer as 'Good' or higher, with one-third of those saying it was of NOTICEABLE BENEFIT TO THEIR HEALTH AND WELL-BEING!" Considering the current state of the Horde's healthcare facilities (Could anyone ever trust Doc again after Humbug's revelations? What was happening to the Horde's morality?), Hat decided to keep the bottle for later, when she could put the tonic's theraputic testimony to a tasty trial. As she was packing the beer deep into the bag of cloth supplies, she saw Splut approach in that incredibly dapper suit of his.

AJ_Impy posted:

"Hat, I've been made a Captain, with my squad to specialise in infiltration. I've two requests of you: Firstly, it is in part through your hard work and magnificent millinery, both in crafting quality headgear and on the front lines, that the idea for this squad looks reasonable at all. Would you do me the honour of joining it? Secondly, the hat of disguise you made when we were able to find out the existence of the escape tunnels was a masterpiece. I could think of no better apparel to mark membership in the new squad than an item that would aid in disavowing it when needed. What say you?"

Hat's eyes were drawn to Splut's hands as he talked. He was holding the Lifemask in one of them. The power to truly disguise yourself as an enemy civilian. And the squad would offer her more opportunities. A change in focus from the front lines of battle, but probably replacing it with desperate fights in forgotten city corners.

"Splut, I accept. I'd be more than happy to join your squad, it sounds like an excellent idea. As for uniform hats, I certainly can, though I fear that if we're all wearing the same thing it might increase the chances of someone figuring out our disguises. Having said that, if it's an order, Captain, just let me know and I'll get started as soon as I can."

And finally, it was time to lease Fostis. Hat thought their next objective was clear, the location of the Thumbscrew known to all Hordemembers. But as others laid out their arguments, Hat felt drawn to Öxnyard. Stealing Finding some currently underemployed beasts would make the Horde much more mobile (and avoid repeats of that horrible march to Nägel), hopefully letting them use speed to avoid enemy groups and commanders until the Unexpectables were ready for them.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Lying
Charm +25
Infiltrator Captain

Cloud Potato posted:

As she was packing the beer deep into the bag of cloth supplies, she saw Splut approach in that incredibly dapper suit of his.

Hat's eyes were drawn to Splut's hands as he talked. He was holding the Lifemask in one of them. The power to truly disguise yourself as an enemy civilian. And the squad would offer her more opportunities. A change in focus from the front lines of battle, but probably replacing it with desperate fights in forgotten city corners.

"Splut, I accept. I'd be more than happy to join your squad, it sounds like an excellent idea. As for uniform hats, I certainly can, though I fear that if we're all wearing the same thing it might increase the chances of someone figuring out our disguises. Having said that, if it's an order, Captain, just let me know and I'll get started as soon as I can."

He allowed a smile to emerge past his usual stonefaced facade, and commented,

"Not necessarily uniform: As you surmise, something that could be picked up on like identical headgear could endanger us all. I was thinking more making full use of your talents, giving you free reign to customise headgear appropriate to each infiltrator, befitting their skills and capability. Unified in their maker's mark, but otherwise something that would not be an apparent tie to the Horde or to each other except to those who know what it represents. If that sounds feasible, you may consider it an order, but I will happily hear any further objection or idea. This squad, of necessity, rests on the proven ingenuity and cunning of its members, given what we'll be up against."

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Vist is voting for Noostra!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Switching vote to Oxenford.

Here's my plan: we conquer Oxenford, tear down all their buildings, converting them into siege engines. Then we inhabit the surviving population so they're not homeless and use them to rush the next Commander's equivalent of Agenou's drum squad.

AJ_Impy posted:

"Portha, I hear you've been making some very interesting substances lately. That's on top of your hard work all over the Horde, which has most definitely not gone unnoticed. I'm looking to bring together a new squad of Infiltrators. Would you be interested?"

"Thanks but I'll pass."

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 23, 2017

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Name: Gigs
Skills: Unflappability (+15), Triangulation (+10), Oratory (+10)
Glory: 21

After considering the options, Gigs throws in for Noostra.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Lying
Charm +25
Infiltrator Captain

He took Portha's dismissal in stride, and moved on to the next candidate, one whose sangfroid could give his own a run for its money. The inheritor of Bully's skillcore, whose bravery and quick thinking had been vital in holding the enemy commander back from their battered warlord in the most recent fracas.

"Gigs, I'm drawing together a squad of Infiltrators with Grimper's go-ahead, and your proven cunning in the crucible of battle, persuasive capabilities and impeccable track record would make you an ideal candidate. Is this of interest to you?"

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Marra

Glory: 4
Skillcore: Backstabbing, Timing, Performing
Notes: Slinkellomas Immune

OGs dammit. Not only was Gloff dead and all of the work she'd been doing to ingratiate herself with him wasted, but Ringo had become some kind of superbeing and she still owed him a favour.

Still, the Timing skillcore encouraged patience. It was something that always came in handy for her prior line of work, but her temperament tended to...get in the way. She'd managed to claim the Performing skillcore, at least.

Splut seemed to be recruiting, so Marra decided to be proactive. She marched up to him. 'You forming a squad? I'm in.'

She didn't particularly care where the horde went, but she decided she would try and find a better knife on the march. It seemed like it would be the only way she could pick up an upgrade for the foreseeable future. They would probably be marching through wilderness, but maybe there'd be a hunting cabin or somesuch along the way that might have a blade they wouldn't miss...

Call that a knife? :1d100+1 (food bonus) = 23

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Name: Hob

As he walked towards Zapanda, gear left back in town, Hob thought to himself. He realised now that Beekeeping was gone. But he couldn't change the smile on his face. He had survived eating a Wendigo core. Recovered from Wendigo transformation. Walked away unscathed from a horrible Oh-Gee device. His hand went to a scar, and he shuddered at the feeling. Relatively unscathed.

All of them stupid, pointless risks. For what, power? Yes. Exactly that. Was cooking not glamorous enough? Helping the healers too dirty? Was friendship so easily thrown away?

It was time to make some better decisions. No shortcuts. Be better. Be a better friend.

He had been really letting his friends down. How would they be feeling, knowing he was constantly walking a knife edge? Probably the same as he felt hearing about Gado. No, this was a wake up call.

Just look at Gloff, or Grani. That could have been him. He could be the one never leaving that vault. Never seeing the sun again. Never seeing his friends. Never seeing...

The Lord of Hats posted:

As stealthily as she could manage, Noggins crept up behind Hob and pulled him into a tight hug, leaning in towards his ear.

"Don't think you can get out of being an eyepatch buddy just by regrowing your eye. You're in this for the long haul." she laughed, and that caught her breath. "I'm glad you're... well... yeah."

It's great to see you. I'm happy to see you again. I'm sorry for what I put you through. It's great, I'm happy, I'll be, It's, I'm, I've.

Hob smiled. "I'm glad too".

----

Ready to head out to their new destination, Hob collected his things. Bow, quiver, drums, and the skullhaus he had hidden them all inside. He looked at the eyepatch he had been so quick to discard. So glad to throw away. He picked it up, dusting it off, before wrapping it around his wrist.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Name: Patsy
Skill: Baking
Skillcores: Regeneration, Timing
HP: 2
Glory: 10

CourValant posted:

Bamboo noted Patsy's latest struggle with a wiry smile and a sympathetic sigh; she'd been there before, and, she understands the frustration of not being able to secure a skillcore.

Bamboo had been keeping an eye on the Baker since her talk with Humbug; if she really was going to reconstitute the Queens Pawn, she'd have to start putting out 'feelers'.

And Patsy, well, unnoticed tradesmen who everyone takes for granted was the 'bread and butter' of the Pawn's, pun fully intended.

She had tried to speak with Patsy before, to no avail. Time to try again.

Bamboo strolled up ever so casually, "Patsy, never had a chance to thank you for baking for The Horde. Tell me, did you ever delivery your baked goods around the camp?"

Patsy looked up, surprised. People usually only noticed him at mealtimes, unless he messed up or otherwise drew attention to himself. "Um... mostly the horde comes to me at mealtimes, but when I make one of my specials, like for the wounded, I do deliveries and look for those who need it the most. Honestly I don't interact directly with the others often, they generally talk around me while they eat." Somewhat flattered by the attention, Patsy offered Bamboo an extra loaf he'd held back from his last batch before going about his business.

Later, Patsy cast his vote for Noostra. Bolstered by their recent victory, he believed the Unexpectables were ready to cut through anything.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Confirming Pog survived. Christmas has stolen my time but he's alive at 1/1 HP and a burning desire to be noticed.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Ritual Glory: 3

~ Some time later, just before the Horde starts moving to the next battle location ~

Carrying the fragile wrap in her arms, Snödis wanders around camp until she finds her Squadron getting themselves ready to move out.

"Ah, Dack, Qwäg! Wonderful to see you again, I was hoping to catch up with you before we left, you see i made a startling discovery in the aaaaargh, Hob you are hideous!!
Did you go to the Vault? What did those Old Guys do to you? No no, save your voice Hob, don't worry, we will get you fixed somehow, put things right....
There is a reason those Old Guys aren't around anymore, you know. It's their aversion to prögress.
But however much we need to get our revengence on, I'm afraid that will have to wait. Team, let me introduce you to the latest member of the Neötype Squadron: A Bäbï.

Where did I get it? Why the Old Guy Vault of course. Left in the dust and ignored by Ringo and the others, to preoccupied with the Vile Mechanism to see opportunity staring them in the face.
This bäbï will be out secret weapon and it is up to us to care for it. Consider that a standing order team, now if there are no further questions, we have a war to win!
Dismissed!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Lying
Charm +25
Infiltrator Captain

Yvonmukluk posted:

Splut seemed to be recruiting, so Marra decided to be proactive. She marched up to him. 'You forming a squad? I'm in.'

She didn't particularly care where the horde went, but she decided she would try and find a better knife on the march. It seemed like it would be the only way she could pick up an upgrade for the foreseeable future. They would probably be marching through wilderness, but maybe there'd be a hunting cabin or somesuch along the way that might have a blade they wouldn't miss...

He raised a brow at her presumption, before breaking into a smile.

"Marra, isn't it? Good with a blade, if I recall, and in a manner that would make for an excellent infiltrator. All right, I'll happily take a volunteer on board. Welcome to the Infiltrators."

Later, as he saw her searching along the march and became aware what for,

"Looking for something a little better? Good thinking, keep it up. Let's see if I can be of assistance..."

Adding the force of an order to Marra's search for a +10, and assisting her in her search:86.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Name: Somnö
Skills: BIGNESS +20, Jumping +25, Smashing +10
HP 3/3
Gear: Ball and Chain (+1), Drummers Garb XXXL (+2), Iron Shield, Mushbrëwm
Cosmetics: Nail and Fist Token
Ritual Glory: 1

Gado you idiot. Why would you do that? Rumours of what Gado had done circulated through the camp. It was bad enough he went out of his way to try to ruin his Höb-given body with Wendigoism, it was even worse that he kept taking further resources away from the rest of the horde to fix his mistake. Even now, how many wounded remain because Zapanda and her doctors tended to Gado's mess rather than helping heal them?

Zapanda. Somnö shivered just thinking about the cruel experiments the "doctor" had performed on her in Nägel. Trying to determine what caused her to be BIG. It was just her nature. Her natural, non-monstrous, nature. Nothing else! Just thinking about it made her upset.

She needed something to distract herself. Oh right, the skillcore! Somnö focused on the Smashing skillcore she'd picked up. She laid it on the ground and stood over it. Now where does this go? If snoring goes in the mouth, and jumping goes in the feet... hmmmmm. Lost in her thoughts, Somnö's grip on her metal ball slipped, and she dropped it directly onto the core, absorbing it. She felt the power course through the chain and into her arms, settling along her bice -- wait, she felt it through the chain????? She knew the chain was a part of her, but she didn't mean it like that.

Somnö felt a bottle of Mushbrëwm get pushed into her hand by a passing Tö. She didn't expect to ever drink it, but it was free and she took it. Maybe someone else would need it, her hordemates seemed to love the stuff. She needed to keep her head clear. It was clouded too long at Nägel, when Zapanda and her wardens had ughhhhhhh ZAPANDA. Everything tied back to her. Would this nightmare never end? Somnö needed to address this. She marched to where Zapanda was, grabbed her by the lapels of her coat and raised her to eye level. With her free hand she pointed to Gado and whispered if something happens to him, something will happen to you. With that, she dropped Zapanda to her feet, and went to see the commotion coming out of the vault.

Somnö watched the tunnels leading to the surface, and saw Ringo walk out. He looked healthier, his posture was better, he was nearly as large as Somnö was. Then she saw the rest of the horde that volunteered, they looked gaunt, dazed, but also... pure? Their monsterism had been cured! Hob looked great, and he was smiling! She'd never seen him smile before, but it was also hard to tell what direction his mouth used to be . Still, she was happy for him, and for everyone else who came out of the vault Cleansed. It did a way better job of curing them then Zapa- blegh, never mind.

On the way out, Somnö saw Sucy fiddling with that strange ring she had, and looking around. Somnö still felt like she owed the mycophagist a favour and told her that if she ever needed to view herself in a reflection, to call Somnö and could use her ball.

Somnö votes for Öxnyard.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Verika
HP: 2/2
Skills: Perception, Keen Sight, Sniping
Equipment: Fröman Cuirass (+1), Iron Shield, Arrow Flatpack, Ornate Bowharp (+2), Fostis Ale
Cosmetics: Nail and Fist Token, Agenou's Cape Sash, Sharp Stick (+0)
Ritual Chits: 14 (artwork bonus)

Leaving Fostis (Part 2): Verika was mulling over the destinations Grimper had presented them with and was getting angrier by the minute. Noostra, Skelivanch, or Öxnyard? The correct answer was obvious, but Grimper was a fool who had no strategic sense on his own. The tallies were starting to pile up, and while Öxnyard had enjoyed an early lead in the Horde's voting it looked as though Noostra was going to be the Unexpectables' next target. Ugh, how totally and utterly expectable of them! Verika was disappointed in her hordemates, and she tried to explain to any who would listen why it was important to go to Öxnyard first:

"Noostra is where they'll be expecting us, right? Commander Sikatris will be there to defend it, and Jaune the Wall and Cornichon the East Wind will be only a few days' march away. There's no way we'll be able to siege those walls and get inside to the Thumbscrew without also getting blindsided (or worse, pincer-attacked) by the enemy's three armies."

"We simply don't have the Töpower or the Rations for an extended siege against three armies. I guarantee it - Noostra will be a deathtrap."

"What we need to do is to lure out the enemy commanders, one at a time. We can do this by going to Öxnyard. Better yet, at Öxnyard we'll be able to seize their pedigree beasts for ourselves. Finally we'll have pack animals, war steeds, meat, milk, manure, and maneuverability. We have everything to gain and nothing to lose by taking this tactical detour."

"Please, change your vote to Öxnyard."

That said, Verika planted her fail-Nailed spear at the head of Gawp's grave. She noted that the four-eyed Töan had been buried next to a large patch of clover. Fitting.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Dec 24, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Stårn
Additional skills: Butterfly Beastmaster, Timing +25
Glory: 27-> 29 (from Sucy's Glory payments) -> 30

"Did I hear somebody say SIEGE", said Stårn, who had somehow managed to appear behind Verika as if summoned by some fell incantation, "I do believe I did, haha! We'll make a good Sieger out of you yet my friend, you have the right mind for it!" Stårn patted the woman on the shoulder a couple times, clearly oblivious to the act's patrozing nature. Not that this was in any way surprising, Stårn had always been too busy with Sieging to bother learning the nuances of proper social convention.

"The logic laid before you is clear, Horde! The Principles of Sieging clearly demonstrate that Öxnyard is the superior choice!"

"Besides", he added.

"There could be Töaphants there! Or dinösaurs!", Stårn wasn't particularly well-versed in non-butterfly related zoology, "Who even knows! And we could put", a conspiratorial sheen entered his gaze, "Siege Weapons on them. And ride them to battle. A highly advanced sieging tactic no other location offers us."

"So lets go there! And not the other place that makes way less sense, offers inferior Sieging options AND is less stylish to boot."

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Name: Dack
Skills: A̵̕t̷͢͡͏̡h̷͟͡͏ļ̵̶̧̀ę̷̢͡t̨̧͘i̵̕҉̴͡c̢͘͜͠s͏̨́̕, Ą̀͠c̵̢͡͠͏r̴̸̛͝͡o͘͢͜͡b͜à̵̡̕t̷̢̀͜i̸̸͞c͘͟s̀͜͟, Laughing +25
HP: 1
Glory: 17>18

Dack was horribly confused. It seemed like everything was changing in some weird way whenever he turned his back. There was whatever happened to Captain Snödis earlier, Hob was...well, not normal, but no longer a Wendigo, not to mention the sudden appearance of ömega Ringo. Stranger still, now Neötype Squad's main purpose was to guard its newest member: a bäbï. Maybe Dack had laughed at the absurdity of everything a little too soon. Still, orders were orders, and Dack tried his best to hold in his giggling as he saluted Snödis.

It was definitely time to get the hell out of Fostis, things were just too weird around here.

Voting for Öxnyard.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

(Happy Holidays, thread!)

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Squad: Infiltration
Skill: Sleuthing +20 (using), Watching (used).

Humbug raised an eyebrow as Gabber interposed himself between him and Doc, dauntingly dressed for the occasion - that was not a common response for a Tö to make. Clearly Noggins' example was starting to rub off on some of the members of the Horde.

Good.

He nodded at Gabber, then changed his vote from Skelivanch to Oxnyard as the more intriguing place to be. Surely that's what he'd want, being a part of Noggins' squad.

... apparently not. Mimes could facepalm like nobody else, so Humbug knew he'd goofed the moment the words left his lips. Well - it wasn't as if he could change his vote again without seeming extremely wishy-washy, so with an apologetic look at Gabber he continued discussing Doc's case.

AJ_Impy posted:

Next, he came by Humbug, as he gave his report on Cornbread's murder. Quietly, he murmured, just in earshot of the detective,

"Most impressive, Humbug. Your deductive skills would be a major boon to the Horde's new infiltration squad, should you accede to joining. I'd like to see you win this case, regardless."

Humbug nodded and responded back in something of a stage-whisper.

"Splut you silky-sly 'fly, if you've found a calling that doesn't waste your talent selling used bridges, then I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'm in."

Joining the Infiltration Squad, taking the +10 order bonus to 'win the case' at AJ_Impy's suggestion, making my result a 78.

CourValant posted:

Bamboo next happened by where Humbug was in Full Detective Mode; she waited patiently while his attention was occupied elsewhere.

Grimly, she mused as to how the situation with Doc would resolve; most likely exactly the way she anticipated, with another body in the ground.

Finally catching his eye, Bamboo gestured with her bottle of Mushbrewm, her message clear, “Humbug, come find me later and we’ll chat over a drink or two.”

Humbug gave a slight nod. Once the whole mess with Doc settled, he went to find Bamboo as the Horde readied to march out. Once they'd gotten into an alleyway and cleared it of potential witnesses, he leaned heavily against a wall and eyed her up and down, taking in the markings on her body - much like he had when she'd first come stumbling away from the Oh Gee mechanism. She didn't seem to have degraded further, which was good.

"That was some risky business. Congratulations on surviving - and look on the bright side, while you might've lost something of yourself it might end up a boon. The 'Pawn' Bamboo had visible monsterism and wasn't scarred by Oh Gee Defrömentör marks. Unless you do something to attract attention to yourself again you might not be recognized in the capitol - provided you survive this war and don't go around announcing yourself as a Pawn. Heck, consider picking up a new nickname. Bamboo the Weaver might be better off dead, no?"

He sighed. She was probably somewhat more canny at these spy-games than he - unless that had taken as part of Ringo's ascension - but she had paid him, so he ought to pony up some advice just on the off-chance she hadn't considered it.

"Got another hot tip for you. Zapanda claims the Blue Goo is a Monsterism Inoculant. It's not perfect, but you've got about a three in four chance of resisting getting monsterism again if you're exposed to a vector. More importantly, she says it also makes you Immune to Madmist. Gonna dig into that angle whenever I have the chance, since she too busy making Gado's cure to be forthcoming on anything else. Heck, might just ask Grimper - when he's drunk enough."

He dipped a hand into his coat pocket to touch the money bag Bamboo had given him. It was a neat slump of cash - more than enough to pay for his services. It'd pay rent when he got back, if his home and stuff hadn't been impounded by the Watch after his arrest... which he doubted. Old Tö-Town was a rough neighbourhood. They'd not want to barge in there to loot his meagre living space - especially not after their near-abandoning of the district during the Outbreak Five Years Ago - sentiments were still, understandably, sore. No, the only terrible thing awaiting him back home, Humbug expected, was his Landlady, who'd surely give him an earful for galivanting off to glorious war. Humbug shuddered, then smiled grimly. The woman had to have a Skillcore of Incessant Nagging - an advanced one at that.

Yes, the Watch would not be hammering down the door of his tenement. No one messed with Martha the Mither if they could help it. If the Horde thought Magda was grumpy, well, Humbug'd love to invite them home for tea someday. There was a reason he'd taken to the Nailsmith's gruff countenance with such sangfroid.

Blinking and realizing he'd kind of zoned out, he asked Bamboo if there was anything special she wanted to talk about for this meeting.

-----------------

Humbug found Sucy in the aftermath of her clean-up efforts. A hefty backpat announced his presence.

"Sucy, right? Bravo, and good work organizing all that, and a drat fine brëw, too. You'd make a mint in the capitol for sure and you seem to have the organizational chops to run your own brëwery. Shame you're out here. Still, your product's been doing a bunch of us good and you just gave it away for free, so I figured you were owed something, at least."

He patted his rapidly scarring neck to show off the healing factor, then stepped forward and handed her a Tuned Shield.

"Gloff's shield. Poor bugger won't need it now. Maybe you won't either in Siege Six, but better to have than not, no?"

He chuckled.

"If it doesn't suit you, maybe you can use it as Onager fodder. Stårn will fire anything once, and could you imagine the racket it'd make coming down? Might even survive to be used again."

Changing my vote from Skelivanch to Oxnyard.

Loot roll for Gloff's Tuned Shield 1d100 13

Rolling to loot a Tuned Shield and giving it to Sucy. If I'm mistaken and there's no Tuned Shield left to loot, or if other people roll to take the two on offer before Humbug's crappy roll, I'll give Sucy my own shield instead.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Prince of Space posted:

(Happy Holidays, thread!)

:swoon:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Humbug posted:

Changing my vote from Skelivanch to Oxnyard.

was walking around somewhat confused after the big meeting. His head really hurt and for some reason anytime anyone made an offhand comment he and the other Fostisian townsfolk (like Cärl, Böb, Jülï, and Sälï) he saw in the crowd just did whatever was said, even if not directed at them personally.

So when was walking by the Tö in a coat and fedora and said Tö stated "I'm changing my vote from Skelivanch to Oxnyard," well, he too felt the compulsion to say, "I'm changing my vote from Skelivanch to Oxynard."

After saying such a ridiculous thing out loud for some reason, Jö wandered off. He felt like he had misplaced his cärt keys or something. Maybe he'd remember if he went over to the main gate, with a packed bag, a weapon, and walking boots?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Name: Gigs
Skills: Unflappability (+15), Triangulation (+10), Oratory (+10)
Glory: 21

AJ_Impy posted:

He took Portha's dismissal in stride, and moved on to the next candidate, one whose sangfroid could give his own a run for its money. The inheritor of Bully's skillcore, whose bravery and quick thinking had been vital in holding the enemy commander back from their battered warlord in the most recent fracas.

"Gigs, I'm drawing together a squad of Infiltrators with Grimper's go-ahead, and your proven cunning in the crucible of battle, persuasive capabilities and impeccable track record would make you an ideal candidate. Is this of interest to you?"
"Hmm..."

Entertaining the alternatives for only the briefest, most fleeting of moments, though not so quick as to seem over-eager, Gigs nods in response to Splut's proposal. Finally. It's about time his contributions to the team were appreciated. Like that one time he got two people's legs cut off. Or that other time he stared noncommittally at the townspeople. Or that other other time he slept strategically through the majority of a major battle.

Who knows. With enough luck, he just might find himself wearing a suit as nice as his compatriot's.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Name: Bamboo
HP: 1/??
Glory: 30 > 30
Skill: Virtuoso [READY]

-[Fostis]-

Patsy posted:

Patsy looked up, surprised. People usually only noticed him at mealtimes, unless he messed up or otherwise drew attention to himself. "Um... mostly the horde comes to me at mealtimes, but when I make one of my specials, like for the wounded, I do deliveries and look for those who need it the most. Honestly I don't interact directly with the others often, they generally talk around me while they eat." Somewhat flattered by the attention, Patsy offered Bamboo an extra loaf he'd held back from his last batch before going about his business.

Bamboo took the proffered loaf, broke it in two, and sat down next to Patsy. She offered one of the halves back to the Baker.

"A shared meal is a tastier meal, I find."

She took a bite and chewed slowly, carefully choosing her next words.

"Patsy, I miss our Queen dearly, and, want to make sure all responsible parties are brought to justice. Sometimes, this takes more than just brute force fighting and killing."

"As you've noted, us 'tradesfolk' are largely ignored by the powers that be; as such, sometimes, we hear or see things that others might not chance upon. If you should come across anything strange or noteworthy in your work, would you mind letting me know?"

Bamboo offered her most winsome, folksy smile.

Humbug posted:

"That was some risky business. Congratulations on surviving - and look on the bright side, while you might've lost something of yourself it might end up a boon. The 'Pawn' Bamboo had visible monsterism and wasn't scarred by Oh Gee Defrömentör marks. Unless you do something to attract attention to yourself again you might not be recognized in the capitol - provided you survive this war and don't go around announcing yourself as a Pawn. Heck, consider picking up a new nickname. Bamboo the Weaver might be better off dead, no?"

Bamboo had to smile at that comment, "You're not wrong Humbug, usually it takes consideration time and effort to come up with a 'cover' this good. I suppose that might be the silver lining in all of this, although, I'd still rather not have lost such a large piece of myself in the process."

She shrugged, "No sense crying over split skillcores I suppose."

"Thanks for the tip, especially on the Blue Goo, I'll try to keep it in mind."

"In any case, thanks for keeping me in mind; I realize that the retainer I gave you isn't going to last much longer, and, I can't help notice that you've joined the Infiltrator Squad."

Bamboo crossed her arms.

"I can certainly see the appeal, and, I was also hoping that you'd be interested in playing a larger roll with The Pawns; I'm not in any situation to recruit or offer benefits. However, I have to start somewhere, and I thought you might be a good fit. Still, if your heart lays elsewhere, I wish you the best. Perhaps we can still help each other out, professional courtesy and all that?"

OOC: Finally, whether you celebrate it or not, Merry Christmas my fellow Hordlings!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Merry Christmas to everyone celebrating, and best wishes to everyone in general.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Name: Ringo!
HP: 4/4
Glory: 20 (includes +2 from Sucy for the kicking core)
Skill: Pigilante Justice, Ventriloquism, Whistling+15
Hotswap Skillcores: Kissing, Cross Stitching, Accuracy, Bee Keeping, Lifting +15, Lockpicking, Firestarting, Weaving +15, Avoiding Notice
Other: Rolls 10d100

When Ringo came out of his reverie, it was a sudden thing. He had been thinking of the other Volunteers. Something was tickling at the back of his head as he considered each of them in turn.

He'd taken something from each of them - not willingly or consciously - but he'd taken it all the same. It was cruel. It made something inside him churn and shift. His heart squealed at the injustice of it all. He realized he'd been idly hefting the locket shield in his hands, as if testing it for throwing capabilities.

He remembered Snorkus' words. Maybe he wasn't just snorting smoke after all.

OOC: Swapping Lockpicking for Pigilante Justice

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:swoon:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Hi, still alive! Got VR and have been totally lost in another world! BUT I haven't forgotten about this one. Hoping to update tomorrow, and in the mean time posted 20 new portraits to the first post. Go take a look at your mind-controlled totally consenting allies!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Dog Kisser posted:

Hoping to update tomorrow, and in the mean time posted 20 new portraits to the first post. Go take a look at your mind-controlled totally consenting allies!

Ummm, what happened to Bamboo's portrait in the line-up? What have you done with the poor girl, hasn't she been through enough??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Jö would like to claim new face D14 DK

:discourse:

Slaan fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 27, 2017