Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lizards in hats! :3:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://twitter.com/MerryKish/status/944332065109086209

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Happy Iguanakka

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
:siren: Somebody alert David Icke :siren:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

The one upside to my job is that people periodically bring in adorable doggies.

He was originally being held b in the gentleman's jacket and looked sleepy until he was set on the counter.

Then he got playful

The thing I'm saddest about is my complete inability to take good pictures of adorable doggies

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

JackMann posted:

I've posted some here before, but I never get tired of sharing my little girls.

Here's a picture of both of them in my kitchen. Jessie is the abyssinian and Esme is the black girl in the sink.

Jessie likes to wait for me to come home. I've had Jessie for longer than I've had Esme, so I have more pictures of her. For now, at least.

Here's a picture of Jessie wondering why I'm not petting her (I petted her right after taking the picture, don't worry). She's very social. She's not particularly shy, and will meow at anyone who looks like they might be able to pet her. She's not terribly fond of strange cats. She used to try to get into my parents' bedroom to attack their cats. She was declawed by a previous owner and is significantly smaller than them, but she still managed to terrorize them.

This is a picture of Jessie with her brother Rocky. I lost Rocky about a year-and-a-half ago. He was basically the sweetest cat ever. He loved everyone. If I had guests over, he'd climb into their laps and demand belly rubs. He loved other cats. When I fostered a kitten, he took right to it and treated it like his own baby. He's very much missed.

Here's a picture of Jessie in a shark costume. She thought this was less cute than I did.

She was also not entirely into the Wonder Woman costume I got her.

This is Esme. I got her about a year-and-a-half ago after I lost Rocky. She's a very sweet cat. However, she's also much less confident than Jessie, and it took a lot of work to get her to feel safe around me. She didn't leave my kitchen for weeks after I got her because she was scared of encountering Jessie. She stayed either in a little cupboard or on top of the fridge, where Jessie didn't like to go.

Gradually, Esme became much more comfortable. She started to explore the house more. She likes to perch on the cat tree and sharpen her claws on it. Unlike Jessie, she has a full, functional set, but she's still terrified of of the cat that's about 3/4 her size (8 lbs vs. 12 lbs). She loves to play and chomp me. I do not mind being chomped. She's still more nervous than Jessie. She doesn't like being picked up and she gets scared if she thinks she's backed into a corner. I don't dress her up like I do Jessie because it would be more stressful for her, where Jessie just gets mildly annoyed with me (and demands snuggles in compensation).

Here they are at the vet. Jessie is in excellent health. Esme has a viral infection that makes her eyes look the way they do. There's not really any treatment for it, but she still has good quality of life. She basically gets the sniffles a lot and her eyesight isn't as great as it could be. But she's happy, and I love her.

I'm hoping to get a dog with a nice, generally calm disposition that will do well with them. A yellow lab or a golden retriever would be pretty good. I'll see what's at the shelter, though, or maybe look into rescue groups.
:kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: I love Abyssinians so much. I had one from when I was 7 until about 18, through two cross-country moves and countless intra-city moves. He was an Extremely Good Boy who was a lot like Jessie. If you were a new human in his territory, you were his, and a tribute of pets was required. Smart as hell, too.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/Kekeflipnote/status/944606271436722176

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/nyala_p/status/944371713000607744

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Crosspost from the meme thread of all places...

https://imgur.com/gallery/oJcbZ

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
https://i.imgur.com/i1IwkRL.mp4

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

This puppy is just too much, I can't take it.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Jesus Christ :kimchi:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

https://giant.gfycat.com/EnergeticNaturalDotterel.mp4

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Holy god look at him snuggle with the snow!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I appreciate all of these adorable creatures. :kimchi:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Dude.

I...just...dude. I can't. I can't deal with this right now.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

Forgive me if this has already been covered, Instant Jellyfish. Is her name Mina so it's like Major -> Minor (Mina?)

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

porkswordonboard posted:

Forgive me if this has already been covered, Instant Jellyfish. Is her name Mina so it's like Major -> Minor (Mina?)

Yep, but I pronounce it Me-nuh not Mynah just to be confusing. She really just responds to PUPPYPUPPYPUPPY at this point though.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AMAZlNGNATURE/status/944119188821553157

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Foxes are such weird little cat-dogs :kimchi:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/iYijFMe.gifv

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
That cat is just trying to keep her from eating burnt food.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Isn't the way to get them to stop their curiosity to let them have a sniff and/or a nibble, just so they can see what The Human is eating?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I do love a little seasoning of cat slobber on every meal, but I can never remember which people foods are dangerous for pets so I err on the side of caution

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Isn't the way to get them to stop their curiosity to let them have a sniff and/or a nibble, just so they can see what The Human is eating?

But then if they like it your problem has become 100x worse. I used to live in a house where you had to eat ice cream standing up.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

We have to do this with Ralph. He pretty much never wants to eat human food, but he always wants to know what it smells like. He's just like "Hmmm...sniff...sniff...so this is actually going in your mouth? On purpose? Interesting."

Working theory is that he's a Cat Scientist embarked on a long term study of human diets.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Spoken like someone that's never owned a Corgi 😂

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

We have to do this with Ralph. He pretty much never wants to eat human food, but he always wants to know what it smells like. He's just like "Hmmm...sniff...sniff...so this is actually going in your mouth? On purpose? Interesting."

Working theory is that he's a Cat Scientist embarked on a long term study of human diets.

Om the other hand Scoops will eat everything. Kettle Chili chips are a favourite, as are Doritos, gravy, whatever meat you're eating, you're cereal (not muesli), yoghurt, the list goes on. He's persistent too.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Trig Discipline posted:

What else would interest a Cat Scientist? Sleeping patterns?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
This here was Shadow. He was my best friend from the age of 5 weeks old. This past summer he passed at the age of 15 years old.

If I pulled the camera out he would always come sit and pose.

He thought of himself as a tough old guard dog but it was all for show.

One cold night in a house I was renting this little girl was sitting at the back door. I let her in for the night and Shadow took to liking her so she stayed.

She showed horrible signs of abuse and would cower in fear and pee if you raised your voice or picked up anything stick like. It took about a year to fully break her of this and she is the sweetest little dog that just wants hugs all the time. There isn't a food she won't eat (loves jalapenos and lemons) so she was named Nibbler

She was hit by a car and broke both bones in her front leg about 7 years ago so she has a titanium plate in there now.

With the passing of Shadow and Nibbler getting old and bored I found this little guy and picked him up last night.

Nibbler says he can stay.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
you are good people. glad you have good pals.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

sneakyfrog posted:

those are good dogs. Glad they found good people

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Condolences about Shadow. He looks like a wonderful dog.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Night10194 posted:

Condolences about Shadow. He looks like a wonderful dog.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Megabound posted:

Om the other hand Scoops will eat everything. Kettle Chili chips are a favourite, as are Doritos, gravy, whatever meat you're eating, you're cereal (not muesli), yoghurt, the list goes on. He's persistent too.

My cat loved burritos when she was a kitten.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

JEEVES420, you're a good person and those dogs are blessed to have you.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Those are good dogs and you're good people.

I buried my dog under the sofa cushions.

She seems to like it there.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I had a cat growing up who liked Doritos, but only the powder cheese layer which she would dutifully lick off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

She snuffled around in the snow until she just magically found that scarf and hat, didn't she?