Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I have Pirate Jake x2, 9S, Silvia and Prishe on my TMR team right now. I'm sitting on like 7 9Ses so I'm considering combining a couple together once this 9S gets to 90% just to speed things up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Anyone have a 100% dodge up I could bring for air duster?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I have a 100% Dodge Noctis if that helps.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

100% Dodge zarglebargle up if you want

891 565 523

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I put back my 100% dodge WoL for anyone not running iNichol.

364 859 209

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I haven't touched this in a good half year, felt the urge to fill some time with this. Any good quick summary of what is new and what to look out for. I noticed that there are now two summon tabs and something called Expeditions.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Story 3 is unlocked and guess what? Story 4 requires 300 million more candy canes than the story 3 did. Story 3 took ~27 hours to unlock so we are looking at about 40 hours until story 4 unlocks.

We are hosed, folks.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Paul Zuvella posted:

Story 3 is unlocked and guess what? Story 4 requires 300 million more candy canes than the story 3 did. Story 3 took ~27 hours to unlock so we are looking at about 40 hours until story 4 unlocks.

We are hosed, folks.

According to the Discord Raid Tracker we are actually 53 hours away from it at our present rate of candy cane collection. This event is dumb.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
The final stage better give a 5* ticket or this whole thing is a giant piece of poo poo.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Infected posted:

I haven't touched this in a good half year, felt the urge to fill some time with this. Any good quick summary of what is new and what to look out for. I noticed that there are now two summon tabs and something called Expeditions.

- They tripled rainbow rates for normal pulls and increased it significantly for 4* guaranteed pulls. More specifically, the on banner rainbow rate went from 0.5% to 1%, and offbanner went from 0.5% to 2%.

- Orlandu just got enhanced so your old man can be made competitive with the best of the newcomers. Don't get me wrong, he was still holding out quite well even before enhancements.

- WoL got enhanced and is a very solid budget tank now. Soleil enhancements also make her a solid budget buffer.

- Elemental Chaining is still king of damage mountain.

- The current Christmas event is dogshit but the FF7 King Mog event is quite nice, especially since William, Cloud, and Elfreeda are bonus units for it and they're all very good pulls. Oh, and you can now buy 4* tickets from KM now!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

hamsystem posted:

The final stage better give a 5* ticket or this whole thing is a giant piece of poo poo.

we literally will not get there. Each stage has gone up by about 90%, which means the final stages are going to cost billions of candy canes. They'd have to intervene for us to get there.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

we literally will not get there. Each stage has gone up by about 90%, which means the final stages are going to cost billions of candy canes. They'd have to intervene for us to get there.

How many parts is the story?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Part 3 story reward is poop too, would rather have the 1 or 2 rewards again.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Do candy drop quantities increase incrementally with story increase?

NOPE

hagie fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 23, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

7, or maybe 8? There is something called a "trigger" at the end of it.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

KDdidit posted:

Part 3 story reward is poop too, would rather have the 1 or 2 rewards again.

Bbbbut it's a one-handed instrument! Think of all the units that could benefit from a one-handed instrument for passives like, well, uhhh

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Office Thug posted:

Bbbbut it's a one-handed instrument! Think of all the units that could benefit from a one-handed instrument for passives like, well, uhhh

Enhanced Lunera but thats like the only reason and then you need the crossbow from this events 4* too to make it work

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PDQ Law posted:

I put back my 100% dodge WoL for anyone not running iNichol.

364 859 209

Took me 26 rounds. Looks like I'm not getting Cloud's Uniform any time soon...

Cao Ni Ma posted:

7, plus whatever the Trigger is, according to the wiki.

Remaining Costs & Rewards are:
pre:
Eternal Winter - Story 4 	Candy Cane 1,500 	Lapis 500
Eternal Winter - Story 5 	Candy Cane 2,000 	Joyful Spirit - recipe
Eternal Winter - Story 6 	Candy Cane 2,500 	Reindeer Headband
Eternal Winter - Story 7 	Candy Cane 3,000 	Trust Moogle (ALL 5%) 
Joyful Spirit (Materia)
Type: Special Ability (Passive)
Effect: Increase HP (10%), Increase resistance to sleep, paralyze, confuse, and petrify (50%)

Crafting recipe
Materials: Candy Cane (3000), Glowing Star (50)
Gil: 0

Reindeer Headband
Type: Armor (Hat)
Stats: ATK+19, DEF+15, SPR+10
Element: -
Resistance: -
Additional effect: -

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Took me 26 rounds. Looks like I'm not getting Cloud's Uniform any time soon...

7, plus whatever the Trigger is, according to the wiki.

Remaining Costs & Rewards are:
pre:
Eternal Winter - Story 4 	Candy Cane 1,500 	Lapis 500
Eternal Winter - Story 5 	Candy Cane 2,000 	Joyful Spirit - recipe
Eternal Winter - Story 6 	Candy Cane 2,500 	Reindeer Headband
Eternal Winter - Story 7 	Candy Cane 3,000 	Trust Moogle (ALL 5%) 
Joyful Spirit (Materia)
Type: Special Ability (Passive)
Effect: Increase HP (10%), Increase resistance to sleep, paralyze, confuse, and petrify (50%)

Crafting recipe
Materials: Candy Cane (3000), Glowing Star (50)
Gil: 0

Reindeer Headband
Type: Armor (Hat)
Stats: ATK+19, DEF+15, SPR+10
Element: -
Resistance: -
Additional effect: -

"50 Glowing stars"

Looks like there is an entirely new item to grind in the 2nd half. Probably drops at a rate of 1 per run if the candy canes are any indicator.

Edit: Apparently the trial gives 50 of them as a 1 time reward? Who loving planned this poo poo. That materia would be mediocre for crafting a few of, but as a 1-off is idiotic. Also, why not just give 1, and have the recipe use just 1.

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 24, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This just reinforces my belief that the person who designed this should be fired. This sort of obtuseness cannot be cured

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

50% ailment resist is kinda worthless since if you need to resist something you need to resist it, not maybe resist it. so it's a very goofy 10% hp ultimately.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

rabidsquid posted:

50% ailment resist is kinda worthless since if you need to resist something you need to resist it, not maybe resist it. so it's a very goofy 10% hp ultimately.

Yeah, it’s not like Ribbon is hard to come by.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I want the one handed harp for Tilith: I'm already giving her a harp via Sporty's TM and mixing that with Equip Heavy Shield as needed is worth blowing the candy canes I got while doing dailies for lapis.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 24, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Hmmm 120 Star quartz...do I want Genji Shield...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

genji shield is dope because safety bit is really devoid of any stats and plenty of characters would enjoy trading an accessory slot for the extra stats on genji shield + one materia slot on equip h shield

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I've made do without any death protection this whole time. What's the thing it's really important for? Cleared all the trials except for Marlboro and Blood Moon, and Blood Moon is going down now that I'm rolling with my 7.7k hp Mystea with over 400 Spr. Heck, between her and Cagnazzo, if I can get him up to 8 or 9k maybe I can take down the Marlboro finally. Will I need death protection to do it?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Greg was the first time instant death came up iirc. Odin can do it too but in usual Brave Exvius fashion it's way easier to just one shot him. I think it came up once or twice with some event bosses too. Otherwise it's like any other status and immunity. The Genji Shield does have good stats (on par with Leo's Aegis Shield) too so it's a decent stat stick if you don't need the death immunity.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got a 10+1. Nothing of note.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
So Stage 7's reward is a 5% Trust Moogle? :stare:

I can put in a lot less effort and get a 10% from a King Mog event in a day.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Don't worry, Gumi has equally dumb and grindy bullshit in Alchemist's Code too.

I can't wait to see what sort of nightmare hellscape grind exists in Brave Frontier 2.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I just can't care about this garbage event. I am tempted to use my moogles to finish my summer D Fina TMR but if I am a little more patient I can get Noctis' TMR and I reckon it would be a lot more generally useful.

The reindeer hat looked neat but bleh. If I bought today's story unlock I'd have felt ripped off for the NRG.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Agreed posted:

I just can't care about this garbage event. I am tempted to use my moogles to finish my summer D Fina TMR but if I am a little more patient I can get Noctis' TMR and I reckon it would be a lot more generally useful.

The reindeer hat looked neat but bleh. If I bought today's story unlock I'd have felt ripped off for the NRG.

Definitely shoot for Noctis' TMR. I got that thing lightning fast when I finally pulled Noctis and I wish I could just get another one. Everything on that ring except Death I guess is really useful in some way.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

This is actually a NOT TERRIBLE but somewhat okay materia for Wilhelm, who has passive 50% status ailment resists across the board. so it's basically a discernment for him with 10% HP. (Who care's if he's blinded, really.)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So I just used my 4* EX ticket Gumi slipped me for today, and I have only one thing to say.

WHEN RAMZA ENHANCEMENTS GOOMI?!?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So I just used my 4* EX ticket Gumi slipped me for today, and I have only one thing to say.

WHEN RAMZA ENHANCEMENTS GOOMI?!?

Welcome to the band.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dana Crysalis posted:

This is actually a NOT TERRIBLE but somewhat okay materia for Wilhelm, who has passive 50% status ailment resists across the board. so it's basically a discernment for him with 10% HP. (Who care's if he's blinded, really.)
I was struggling to remember which character had 50% ailment passives, so thanks for the heads up!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Anyone seen the Evil Gingerbread Man yet??

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
There's an evil gingerbread man?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I figured the Evil Gingerbread man was a boss that would be unlocked at the end of the story.

Guess we'll never know.

• Locked thread