Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I just literally got a burn show up near my wrist despite not having being electric burned since my last post. The front of my arm hurts when I move it, especially the place around it. Whoever said burns can take 72 hours to show up was right. My forearm past the middle to the front hurts when I move it. Really weird. Left hand is more numb than the right when I like, compare them by moving them around, like just rotating them in a fun circle.

I haven't had any heart issues as far as I know so that's good.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 21:06 on Dec 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Another update: talked to my electrician bf who explained there's an entry and exit wound, which appears to be true because of that blister burn on my finger and some red mark on my left arm that looks like a scratch but isn't. Apparently there's another one on my forearm, and I have a big scar there that was pink but now is bright loving red. He also said that from this all I'll probably get some nerve damage, if anything. The numbness in my arm is gone but below my wrist on my arm feels weird, not like a pulled muscle, it's like, internal.

Electricity sucks.

I got 2 fire extinguishers today so I'm happy now.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 09:56 on Dec 11, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My back hurts all the time.
A coworker makes my skin crawl because he's so unaware of his behaviour that he doesn't understand social contracts at all. He's not on the spectrum, he's just lovely and inconsiderate.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Had to leave friend on sofa and boyfriend in bed,Mathis morning, both cosy and sleeping deeply to go to work in miserable freezing rain to endure a day of a workplace without running water and instead of shutting the place they made us use bathrooms in a neighbouring building. Then the joy of a therapy session. Plus my Saturday night was so large that I think I have a cracked rib (or at least badly bruised) and a mysterious bruise under my chin. And those injuries happened before we even left the house on Saturday night.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I am flat loving broke, I don't get to go to my girlfriends family holiday party Saturday cause I am working, I feel like I am going to flunk the last class I need to graduate college, and I am worried my roomate lost his job and won't pay rent

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
i was gonna complain about something but then i realized it's not too late. sometimes i pm people here to attempt to cheer them up a little. whoops.

things could always get worse.

watching my nana (mom's mom) hand me an oz of silver she forgot i gave to her was internally upsetting though. i can't let go of this piece of metal now and if i lost it i would probably destroy things looking for it. feels.

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 03:23 on Dec 12, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
In addition to feeling generally crappy the last few days, I was out shoveling tonight and suddenly heard my neighbor scream "JAAAAAKE!" and saw their two German Shephard puppies dash down their driveway and right into oncoming traffic. One of them got hit, luckily the car slowed down a lot, but then the driver took off. I tried to dash inside to grab my keys and give chase but they were long gone by then, so I went to try and get the dogs who thankfully hadn't seemingly been grievously injured and had continued down the road together. The owners had managed to catch up to them and get their attention with treats, and got them in leashes and eventually back home, but it still loving simultaneously bummed me right out to see a dog get hit by a car, and also loving INFURIATES ME that the driver bolted. gently caress hit and run drivers, they should all be kneecapped.

Edit: and now I heard an audible "CRACK" sound and a big ol chunk of tooth just broke off one of my molars, which is just awesome

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 04:06 on Dec 12, 2017

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
it's funny, i watch 8 mile with a family member to try and bond, right after, im talking immediately right after, she starts talking about the loving pill i hate to take. you take the loving pill and see if you loving like it. loving... she knows i am very insecure and sensitive about that poo poo but what does she loving do? she keeps saying the same bullshit over and over. i'm fighting an urge i have never felt before in my life. at least she knows when i start punching doors closed i'm done talking to her. baby steps, i guess.

e: i don't like leaving things on a bad note, so i tried to get her to understand where im coming from but it didn't work out very well. still was able to get it to end on a good note at least. if she rehashes that poo poo one more time though... oh man... please loving don't again please.

e2: "you're being manic", no BITCH, i'm being UPSET and craving poo poo i don't need again. you're making it worse. YOU. NOT ME. IT'S YOU. YOU loving KNOW IT ALL. that's what i could've said. i'm starting to lose respect for her, frankly.

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 08:36 on Dec 12, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My 12 hour shift just turned into a 16 hour shift three hours before it was supposed to end. For some reason it's only ever the last shift of the week where something goes awry. They say they'll try to get someone in at the normal time, but this has happened a double digit amount of times and they've never managed it. Incidentally 16 hours is the maximum they can legally make me work, and somehow they always just so happen to find someone who can come in around that time. Also my bank account is empty because the company forgot to pay me my vacation pay two weeks ago. The only reason I didn't have to pay bills with my credit card at the beginning of the month was because this happens every goddamn time and I already had a backup plan for when they hosed me over.

I'm using a lot of connections I made in my current job to try to get a job with the provincial health authority, but the union's real strict and few if any of my applications have gotten past HR. Once I can sneak into a union position I'm going to have it made but god drat my current job might make me find a way to RKO my own head off before that happens

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I'm in a new role and it's making me very anxious. I work in an office, the role is not remotely life or death, but here I am near 1am in the morning with a heavy dread in my chest. I don't know how nurses or firefighters do it, I'm a loving wreck over potential mistakes on paperwork, not people and their health!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I saw this article.

https://mobile.twitter.com/usweekly/status/939268426358493186?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

gently caress anyone who tries to defend owning anything more than a hunting rifle.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I had to cancel my Star Wars tickets for tonight due to some GI issues that haven't decided to clear up.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

I had to cancel my Star Wars tickets for tonight due to some GI issues that haven't decided to clear up.

Bad hot dogs?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

I think you have me confused with someone else, I haven't had a hot dog in years.

The problem is the entire other end. One of the downsides to having a parent that had ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease: even if you're lucky enough to not get it, you're still likely to have bad mojo from time to time, regardless. :(

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
My dog stepped on one of my testicles

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

pretty sure the company's scheduling our annual strategy meeting for January rather than December so they can avoid mentioning christmas bonuses after telling us that not getting any last year was a one-off :thunk:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I think I have depression depression. I took prozac for a few years before joining the army, but stopped during and even during the transition to the national guard after a few years. Guard ends next month so I've been trying to distract myself by taking online classes and getting a new much higher tempo job a few months ago.

After the gf broke up with me last month (but still living together until March, lease) I've just kind of closed in. I woke up this morning wishing I hadn't.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Work still sucks and i kind of wish I'd never left my old job

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016
im visiting my folks for christmas time for around three weeks. i learned today that my cousin is going to drop off an extremely anxious tomcat with us for three weeks while she goes to america. she had promised to neuter him, but didnt. i will spend my holidays cleaning up ammonia-pungent cat napalm. christmas eve will smell like evergreens, spices and a pissrotten alley.

happy holidays!!!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Every time I ask my mom if she wants to do something other than just sit at her house and watch tv she says no but then complains I don't spend any time with her. We haven't gone to my inlaw's for Christmas for 2 years so we wanted to go there. I invited my mom too but nope. She just wants to stay home and watch tv.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Yobbet, I still love you. If you rereg or something let me know. Thank you for your kind words (and sorry I can't message you!)

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I think it's official; I just can't drink alcohol anymore. No matter how much water I drink inbetween, no matter how big a meal I have beforehand, I get a crippling headache long before any sort of buzz hits me.

Like, drinking isn't a huge part of my life, but it's still kinda annoying.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Have you considered switching to vodka or whiskey. They make you seem sophisticated and vodka will never give you a headache. They don't even sell Tylenol in Russia.

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!
My dad has alzheimers disease, and he asked me five times if I wanted a pair of shoes he was getting rid of. Each time I told him that my feet were too small and he'd ask me if my dick was that small, too.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm working on Christmas for the 11th time in a row.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

SoldadoDeTone posted:

My dad has alzheimers disease, and he asked me five times if I wanted a pair of shoes he was getting rid of. Each time I told him that my feet were too small and he'd ask me if my dick was that small, too.

I love your dad.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
I’m currently sitting in my car in a ditch on the side of the road because the plows hadn’t made it to this section of the freeway yet. :sigh:

...and now for the second time because some rear end in a top hat cut me off to get to a rest stop and I spun out avoiding a collision.

I miss my old 4WD Subaru. This front-wheel-drive Civic isn’t cutting it in the snow.

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 04:00 on Dec 25, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I used to hate working on holidays but now that I'm poor I do care: I'm missing out approx $50 because my store is closed and that's a lot of money for broke me.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
It’s Christmas and I think someone in my family passed on some kind of stomach virus or something because I’m spending the majority of the day in the bathroom. The worst part is I work retail in Canada so I can’t call in sick tomorrow or I’m going to be fired. Taking a bunch of stomach medicine so I’m hoping it will do the job within a day.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

The Black Stones posted:

It’s Christmas and I think someone in my family passed on some kind of stomach virus or something because I’m spending the majority of the day in the bathroom. The worst part is I work retail in Canada so I can’t call in sick tomorrow or I’m going to be fired. Taking a bunch of stomach medicine so I’m hoping it will do the job within a day.

Wait, Canada does the retail-job:call-off-sick=fire thing too? I thought Canada was good?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

We don't gently caress around on our true capitalist holiday: Boxing Day.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Thin Privilege posted:

Wait, Canada does the retail-job:call-off-sick=fire thing too? I thought Canada was good?

For Boxing Day? My management has outright said if you don’t even call it’s an outright firing and they expect you there unless it’s something EXTREME. It’s pretty much Canadian Black Friday.

Also I live in Alberta which is Texas-lite and I looked in labour laws when I got fired from a previous job I had for no reason given. I found out you can be fired here for any reason they want, they just either have to give you pay or notice based on an amount of time you’ve been working for.

So yeah, just as lovely.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
A boring day was starting to get better, till I was walking to my table at the pub when 2 little kids point at me and loudly say "look how wide he is". Stings the old ego.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

The Black Stones posted:

For Boxing Day? My management has outright said if you don’t even call it’s an outright firing and they expect you there unless it’s something EXTREME. It’s pretty much Canadian Black Friday.

Also I live in Alberta which is Texas-lite and I looked in labour laws when I got fired from a previous job I had for no reason given. I found out you can be fired here for any reason they want, they just either have to give you pay or notice based on an amount of time you’ve been working for.

So yeah, just as lovely.

Wow :aaaaa:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I live in an at-will state.
Thankfully my job is exempt because it is a looming cloud of dread for thousands of people.

My Gf was once fired because she and her coworker went out for lunch, coworker got drunk and the boss fired them both because "the whole thing was unprofessional."

gently caress that place, gently caress those people.
gently caress at-will employers.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
I lost my dog a year ago today. It's not been an easy day.
I miss him so much.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My brother forgot to refrigerate the turkey this year between the initial 2-hour cook and the final warmup before serving Christmas dinner, and now most of us are having ~bad poos~

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I ordered something from Newegg on Friday with same day shipping but haven't received it yet. I figured they were just busy because of the holidays but today when I noticed it still hadn't shipped I got ahold of customer service and they said they lost it and it'll be 3-5 days before I get it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Bought two games with christmas gift cards (Astroneer and SPAZ2), both sucked, and I'm not sure if the latter's refund is going to go through because I think I'm over playtime-wise.

My threshold for annoyances in video games is getting really low.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 21:13 on Dec 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A pretty good friend of mine passed away last night. I hadn't hung out with him for a year or so, but he was super close to a couple of my best friends. They're not taking it too well, and I'm not on Facebook so I really have no idea how or what even happened. I didn't even know he was sick or anything. This year has been a pretty lovely year. Can't wait for it to be over.