Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Don't know if they still do it, but unlimited dogs at Dodger Stadium were bad because they were boiled instead of grilled.

And even if they were good, they should be avoided because they're the right field cheap seats.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Dec 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Intruder posted:

They used to just have a giant tub of dollar dogs wrapped in foil and you'd grab as many as you want and take them to the register. Now at least they cook them not quite to order but you know your dog was cooked within the last 5 minutes or so when you buy it (mostly because of how long the lines are so they're constantly being doled out)

The dollar dog nights in Oakland were always very good. Despite the stadium itself, it was nice seeing games from decent seats for twenty bucks plus dollar hot dogs.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I wear a trench coat lined with wieners into the stadium, saves a lot of money in the long run.

Also just want to say that Koegel 's chicken viennas are the superior hot dog by a mile.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Friendly reminder:

gently caress the Yankees.

Also, if Miller did a dollar food night, it'd probably be brats.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

iospace posted:

Friendly reminder:

gently caress the Yankees.

Also, if Miller did a dollar food night, it'd probably be brats.

They do dollar hot dog night all the time. The more fun challenge is eating the cycle by eating each type of sausage.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Hand Row posted:

They do dollar hot dog night all the time. The more fun challenge is eating the cycle by eating each type of sausage.

Might have to drive up for one of those Cubs pseudo-home games.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It disturbs me to know how many of your stadiums are clearly selling you old hot dogs - the cheapest and easiest of meats to prepare - and apparently people are accepting it.

Like, I'm pretty sure $1 hot dogs are STILL a profit even without the "you're going to need an overpriced drink to wash that down" factor. Skimping on that is just evil.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I've never seen an Angels dollar dog night. They used to have infinite refill sodas which was nice. Still cheaper beer than anyone else.

Bring your own sandwiches into the stadium, they won't say anything.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao if you don't smuggle boiling hot chili into a ballpark with an elaborately designed fat suit

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

STAC Goat posted:

It disturbs me to know how many of your stadiums are clearly selling you old hot dogs - the cheapest and easiest of meats to prepare - and apparently people are accepting it.

Like, I'm pretty sure $1 hot dogs are STILL a profit even without the "you're going to need an overpriced drink to wash that down" factor. Skimping on that is just evil.

These are planned promotions. They don't all of a sudden say on Sunday night, "Welp, we have a stockpile of these old hot dogs, we need a dollar hot dog day to sell them all!"

But yea, hot dogs are cheap as hell and they are certainly still profiting on this.

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao if you don't smuggle boiling hot chili into a ballpark with an elaborately designed fat suit

lmao yesssssssss

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 24, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They may not spontaneously plan out Hot Dog nights for surpluses but that hot dog picture posted is clearly one that's old by at least aan hour or two if not more. That should just be unacceptable to the baseball fan. We must stand up for our right to have "fresh" cheap garbage meats.

And I say that as a New Yorker raised on dirty water dogs. But at least the rolls are freshish.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

R.D. Mangles posted:

bingo

The Skydome (Rogers Centre) where the Jays play has overpriced but fine hot dogs. The good thing is, they let you bring your own food in. There was a guy on Twitter who was trying to see what the limits were, he brought in a giant burrito, a whole pizza, even a charcuterie board and loaf of baguette once.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Yankee Stadium really ramped up its food choices this season, but Citi still has the better food by a mile

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Berzerker posted:

The Skydome (Rogers Centre) where the Jays play has overpriced but fine hot dogs. The good thing is, they let you bring your own food in. There was a guy on Twitter who was trying to see what the limits were, he brought in a giant burrito, a whole pizza, even a charcuterie board and loaf of baguette once.

I know that guy! When I first saw the photo of the charcuterie I was like "Hey I wonder if that's him..."

Carlosologist posted:

Yankee Stadium really ramped up its food choices this season, but Citi still has the better food by a mile

Citi's beer selections are also a bajillion times better, it's bullshit.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

St Louis will let you bring your own food and drink in, as long as it's non-alcoholic but everyone just pours an airline bottle of whisky into their Coke and the ticket people just look in your bag, see it's in a plastic bottle and let you through

Food's decent there but not as good as at Blues games, and same goes for the beer selection (though it's cheaper than at the hockey, you can only get Urban Chestnut or Civil Life in cans unlike at Kiel where you can get it on tap)

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
People eat at the ballpark? But that's less money for beer.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
We bring a bag full of tallboys beers everytime we go to the skydome. They go in the bottom of the bag under the chips, peanuts and cotton candy. We saved so much money on alcohol at the park this summer!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm the weirdo who prefers the boiled/steamed foil-wrapped hotdogs distributed by seatwalkers to the freshly cooked ones

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Popete posted:

People eat at the ballpark? But that's less money for beer.

I refuse to drink Bud or Coors, but St Arnold’s and Karbala are $12-14 each. That’s money I could spend stuffing hotdogs in my gullet.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Troy Queef posted:

St Louis will let you bring your own food and drink in, as long as it's non-alcoholic but everyone just pours an airline bottle of whisky into their Coke and the ticket people just look in your bag, see it's in a plastic bottle and let you through

Miller Park lets you bring in whatever you want as well as long as it's non-alcoholic (and it is sealed).

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 24, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Poque posted:

I'm the weirdo who prefers the boiled/steamed foil-wrapped hotdogs distributed by seatwalkers to the freshly cooked ones

Costco dogs and brats are the best and they do just that.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

The current dollar dogs at MMP are clearly fresh, and in fact you can watch them grill the dogs while waiting in line forever

That's probably also why they limit you to 4 dogs per person

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I refuse to drink Bud or Coors, but St Arnold’s and Karbala are $12-14 each. That’s money I could spend stuffing hotdogs in my gullet.

Flying Saucer is close enough to the park that there's no excuse

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Safeco has vegan hot dogs that are incredibly overpriced and overcooked (to the point where the CEO from the local company that makes them has told them to stop screwing it up), but I buy them anyway because I don't want them to go away.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

iospace posted:

Costco dogs and brats are the best and they do just that.

Yes! The absolute best. May they never change.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Every now and then I see articles about somebody using a drone to sneak contraband into a prison and I think "drat, why hasn't anybody tried to airlift a six-pack past ballpark security?"

Looking forward to the year 2022 when we get to add "concussion from falling Coors Light silver bullet" to the list of pitcher injuries.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Every now and then I see articles about somebody using a drone to sneak contraband into a prison and I think "drat, why hasn't anybody tried to airlift a six-pack past ballpark security?"

Looking forward to the year 2022 when we get to add "concussion from falling Coors Light silver bullet" to the list of pitcher injuries.

Honestly surprised Trevor Bauer hasn't tried to send himself pine tar via drone and then decry any footage of the offense as "fake news".

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my buddy and i smuggled some high life into wrigley field in the early 2000s in his cargo shorts.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pancakes posted:

Honestly surprised Trevor Bauer hasn't tried to send himself pine tar via drone and then decry any footage of the offense as "fake news".

I would unironically become a Trevor Bauer fan

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Like Randy Johnson nailing that pigeon, only it's Trevor Bauer annihilating a drone with a fastball.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Tropicana Field’s food selection is... poo. At least there’s an Outback?

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

Like Randy Johnson nailing that pigeon, only it's Trevor Bauer annihilating a drone with a fastball.

That’s just revenge for a drone owning his finger.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Going through some folders on my PC today and I came across this. I have no recollection of making this, but I assume it was for some long past SAS thread.

Wish I could go back in time and warm myself that it's still not gotten better - 6+ years later.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Watched Game 7 again. Well, just Springer's dinger and the last three outs. Still good.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Merry Christmas you baseball idiots. Keep being you in 2018.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Merry Christmas all, gently caress the Yankees.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Popete posted:

gently caress them extra hard this year

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

all i want for christmas is yu

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Popete posted:

:yeah:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

R.D. Mangles posted:

all i want for christmas is yu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
As a liberal Jew New Yorker Yankees fan: