Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Snuffman posted:

I’ll probably never get the secret cache in west side piers, can someone spoil what the secret transmission is?

What platform are you on? I'm sure some goons will help you with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poptart_fairy posted:

I cracked up like a loving moron when I did this. The civvy tried to run, slipped on some ice and fell on her butt. :haw:

Also with three of the loving things I suppose I should give Bliss' holster a shot. Does it make sidearm worth a drat?

Owning civies is possible via the gas/flame/shrapnel bombs strewn about the world. There’s one on the street north of Amhert’s apartment before the world boss that is most definitely set up in the path of a ton of civies for this very purpose.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

What platform are you on? I'm sure some goons will help you with it.

PC, but I’m away for the holidays.

I’d love to arrange a run through all the incursions at some point. I only did Falcon Lost, and I heard that was the worst one.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Snuffman posted:

PC, but I’m away for the holidays.

I’d love to arrange a run through all the incursions at some point. I only did Falcon Lost, and I heard that was the worst one.

Nah that honor goes to Stolen Signal. Falcon Lost is easy. You don't even need a dedicated healer for the Heroic. There's one trick you need to know (unless you're going for a flawless run) but the rest is just having 4 people with good DPS. Stolen signal has a bunch of bullshit in it, especially the final room.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Jose Oquendo posted:

Nah that honor goes to Stolen Signal. Falcon Lost is easy. You don't even need a dedicated healer for the Heroic. There's one trick you need to know (unless you're going for a flawless run) but the rest is just having 4 people with good DPS. Stolen signal has a bunch of bullshit in it, especially the final room.

I'll reserve final judgement for Stolen Signal when I actually do it on heroic but for the most part I think it's the best incursion that Massive has made. It has multiple encounters like raid wings that have checkpoints (thank you Falcon Lost for showing Massive how lovely that was). The encounters themselves are more interesting than past incursions and make enemy spawning slightly more predictable and in the same spots in small arenas so players can support each other. But I think one of the biggest drawbacks to Stolen Signal is that there aren't many fight designs besides a tank and spank and gear check/resource battle unless you have a reclaimer or someone with the ammo cache support station. Second drawback is that the Rikers being the most straight forward faction in terms of damage make any encounter with them frustrating because they take and deal a gently caress ton of damage.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Falcon Lost is just simple: 15 waves of dudes. Fine whatever. Signal is challenging and provides a variety of challenges you have to be flexible to tackle.

It’s no contest on which one is better in any objective measure, Signal by a landslide. Whether or not you enjoy it is of course a personal opinion.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think Dragon's Nest is the best incursion because its just so ridiculous.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Have any of you done stolen signal on Heroic since the patch dropped? I'm curious how the changes to the shield change how the mission is done.

I guess I was looking at it more from a time/frustration point of view. When I run through the heroics/legendaries, Stolen Signal is at the bottom of my list because of how much more time it takes even with a good group of players, plus it can definitely be more frustrating.

edit: Also I forgot to post that the vendor reset actually has some good poo poo this week.

DZ E 53rd checkpoint: 267 FA / 3% skill haste mod. That's a max roll on the FA, not sure about the skill haste. This is perfect for anyone running classified Predator.

DZ W 39th St checkpoint: 4% seeker mine damage mod. Max roll I think ?

Special Equipment Vendor: 4% turret damage mod. Max roll I believe.

Grindhouse: Small Grip - Red. 19% CHD, 4.5% reload speed, 2% stability. Not quite max rolls, but these are great for ARs and MMRs.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 24, 2017

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Have any of you done stolen signal on Heroic since the patch dropped? I'm curious how the changes to the shield change how the mission is done.

Yeah, both during the GE and outside of the GE.

Bottom line: SS is more or less unchanged except for the shield parts. You should start incorporating EMP stickies into your routine for the turret hallway. You don't technically need D3 builds for the final showdown, but at 8K ELE, my shield had 770K health and gets completely destroyed by the minigun (as in I stagger away from the hostage just as the minigun stops shooting). Any shield-related gently caress-ups can potentially ruin a particular attempt.

E: With regard to time and effort input, it's still pretty easy for a coordinated group to cruise through. Everyone just needs to be 100% on-point for any shield stuff.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 24, 2017

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

Copy pasted from Reddit:
The next Global Event will be called Ambush, date TBD.

When players are stationary during Ambush a bar will fill, increasing damage output as it does so. Choose when to move and when to stay and fight!
When a Covert or Strategic Ambush is active the increased damage bar will drain with movement. Once empty, the player will start to lose health instead of damage!
Also, cover to cover moves won't drain health like normal movement.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Snuffman posted:

I’ll probably never get the secret cache in west side piers, can someone spoil what the secret transmission is?
Fast forward to 4:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJevzwBMjy8&t=285s

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is Puggin the incursions a relatively smooth experience nowadays?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
How do I get my virus filter upgraded to lvl 5?

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

keyframe posted:

You don't. Level 5 virus contamination is a bonus danger in Dark Zone contaminated events that will sap your health as you fight to clean out the subways. Once the cleaners are dead, the contamination level will return to 4 or below, making it safe again. Level 5 (and above) will also happen in Resistance, meaning you should pretty much live inside of a support station for that wave.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

at 8K ELE, my shield had 770K health

At 4k electronics I also had 770k shield health. The cap for the base mod and Reactive Targeting seems to be around 120,000 skillpower. Apparently it's more like 180k for the other mods, but there's not really any point to those any more, if there ever was one.

Surviving Stolen Signal's final fight doesn't require D3-FNC builds but you should be ready to pop medkits to heal your shield as it's being ripped apart, and ideally pop Survivor Link if someone has Determined on their guns and can quickly replenish their signature skill. I think Reactive Targeting lowers the shield's base DR from 10% to 5% so slamming that up to 60% takes it from "you use a medkit, all of your shield HP is drained, and the gun takes you to within an inch of your life before moving to the next hostage" to "the gun takes like 40% of your shield and moves on."

Oh, hey Shanks, remind me to try the Mobile Cover trick for the hanging hostage next time. And by me I mean someone else because I apparently don't have any builds that are electronics-focused :v:

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 24, 2017

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado

keyframe posted:

you don't, it's an event. you're supposed to do whatever before the timer runs out, and if you're caught when it runs out, you're dead.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
6 piece Strikers, Predatory, Vigorous Chest piece, and Overdose all help in making Contamination events trivial. Kill fast, hit weak points and avoid incoming damage.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kibayasu posted:

I think Dragon's Nest is the best incursion because its just so ridiculous.

I agree. It's really fun. Clear Sky is fast and that's nice for a quick exotic cache, Falcon Lost you can do on autopilot which is both good and bad, Signal is superb when you're in a coordinated group that just rolls it, but Dragon's Nest is just fun.

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 24, 2017

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

ZombyDog posted:

6 piece Strikers, Predatory, Vigorous Chest piece, and Overdose all help in making Contamination events trivial. Kill fast, hit weak points and avoid incoming damage.

Also the health regeneration from nomad is almost exactly the same as the DoT from the contaminated event.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Clear Sky is one of those incursions where it works really well when everyone does their thing for a speed run but if not it just loving sucks and you want to choke the poo poo out of people for video game reasons.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Rick_Hunter posted:

Clear Sky is one of those incursions where it works really well when everyone does their thing for a speed run but if not it just loving sucks and you want to choke the poo poo out of people for video game reasons.

What's your method for a heroic speed run?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Can someone explain how the layout of mods on gear works? I see some gear has mod slots on the gear icon, like empty rectangles, that become filled with the color of the quality of mod present in them. I have a backpack that looks like this:

And I cannot for the life of me figure out what would slot into that last remaining mod. Anything I try to equip just swaps out one of the already occupied slots.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Knifegrab posted:

Can someone explain how the layout of mods on gear works? I see some gear has mod slots on the gear icon, like empty rectangles, that become filled with the color of the quality of mod present in them. I have a backpack that looks like this:

And I cannot for the life of me figure out what would slot into that last remaining mod. Anything I try to equip just swaps out one of the already occupied slots.

That's the slot for backpack skins, which you can get from the premium vendor.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Knifegrab posted:

Bottom left is a 'gear mod.' These will will have +FA/STA/ELEC and then a bonus such as +health or skill power.

Bottom right is 'performance mod.' These typically boost skills. Examples include +6% First Aid self heal or +4% Turret Damage.

The one above that is a skin for the backpack. So far only the backpack and guns get skins.

The gear pieces have the following (gear mod / performance mod)

Chest: 2/0
Mask: 1/0
Kneepads: 1/1
Backpack: 1/2
Gloves: 0/0
Holster: 0/1

So you get 5 gear mods and 4 performance mods. This is good to remember since if a vendor gets a realllllly good item, like if it has max rolls, you should buy as many as you'll use. For example, this week a vendor has a mod that's +267 FA / 3% skill haste. That's a max roll on the FA and I believe the skill haste too. So if you can, get 5.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Snuffman posted:

Probably Keener jerking himself off some more, or maybe Valassi being like 'Gotcha bitch!'.
No one actually tell me what it is

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Knifegrab posted:

Randler posted:

That's the slot for backpack skins, which you can get from the premium vendor.

The last slot on weapons is also for weapon skins.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Couldn't help it.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

So the Urban MDR, it goes well with sentry’s and firecrest? Picked one up during the GE as well as a showstopper.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Yes. For Sentry, you'll want to have things like Destructive, Brutal, Ferocious on the two other talents. For Firecrest, Intense, and whatever else.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Couldn't help it.

This is fantastic!

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Who's been sittin' around eatin' bon bons?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

What's your method for a heroic speed run?

We haven't done it in some time but we pretty much ran Marcostyle's strategy with 1 Cl. Reclaimer, 2 Cl. Final Measure, and a wild card, all of us running triage. The hardest part is making sure you can cc and burst down the boss before he starts walking towards his fat friends in the front of the arena. Once he does that it's kind of hard to get him.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Is the base seeker mine (unmodded) still the best seeker mine for dps?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

Couldn't help it.

If :discourse: emote was made for something, was for a pic like this.

Edit: do you have a full resolution version?

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Dec 25, 2017

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Playing a bit before I head off to the folks for dinner and holy poo poo, Classy striker mask drops for me again!

Pick it up and a group of rogues instantly come around the corner and drop me, stealing it.

I swear I send off some sort of loving pheromone when in the DZ.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poptart_fairy posted:

Playing a bit before I head off to the folks for dinner and holy poo poo, Classy striker mask drops for me again!

Pick it up and a group of rogues instantly come around the corner and drop me, stealing it.

I swear I send off some sort of loving pheromone when in the DZ.

If you actually really really need a piece and it drops in the DZ while you’re solo, do NOT pick it up. Stand over the loot and pick up the other pieces, in a really obvious way and see if you can smoke out any possible rogues. Wander around a bit and get a feel for the server.

If you have to get it out Solo for some reason, wait for a contamination event or a manhunt that’s far from a safer extract. Go back and grab the poo poo off the ground once you have 8/9 things in your pack. Extract at Dz04 east or 05 west.

Even better, run to a loving safe house and put out an apb for some bros to help you extract with blue and green and yellow ults, turrets and shock nades at the ready.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I've had the best luck extracting from the rooftop zone near DZ09 with the LMB. I'd recommend just hiding nearby - let the LMB swarm over the landing zone to give you some advance warning of rogues coming by to try and steal your poo poo. Wait until about 15-20 seconds (less if you feel lucky/have real good poo poo you don't want to get hijacked), chuck a flashbang, run in and put your stuff up.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I only ever have trouble extracting striker gear. If it's anything else nobody gives a poo poo. :saddowns:

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Any xbone goons still on this? Recently started playing again and drat everything I have Is so out of date and lovely. My GT is the same as my name here.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I always had the idea that if you ran a 3 phase Underground and you got Hunters, you would only get them the one phase and never again. That is not true, so always be prepared and wait for the next objective to come up before blowing up your health station or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Roman posted:

I always had the idea that if you ran a 3 phase Underground and you got Hunters, you would only get them the one phase and never again. That is not true, so always be prepared and wait for the next objective to come up before blowing up your health station or whatever.

Yup. You can even get them at the very end of an Underground mission. Like, you kill the final boss, and then they can appear. You should always be ready for them at any time.