Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
They just put up an announcement that the "12 days of joy" tomorrow starts and we get daily gifts.

day 1: one 1% trust moogle
day 2: 200 lapis
day 3: one rare summon ticket
day 4: one guaranteed 4* ticket
day 5: 500 lapis
day 6: six king metal minituars
day 7: one of each 5* pot
day 8: one of each megacite
day 9: nine gil snapped families
day 10: ten star quartz
day 11: one 10+1 ticket
day 12: 1200 lapis

They had an idea and they stuck to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wheres the 5* ticket you fucks

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Wheres the 5* ticket you fucks

Day 5 is 500 lapis. That's potentially TWO 5* tickets if you get really lucky on daily pulls!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

One thing I like about this lull is that Ive actually burned the excess energy pots I had stashed. Im actually at 180 now after using like 90 on refreshes just because all of the ones I couldnt get from the mail do to overflow

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Today's 4* ticket got me my first rainbow since the rate up.

So, is 7* Queen supposed to be really cool? Because that's two of her I have now...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Remembered that I had a pair of 10+1 tickets I'd been saving and decided to burn them while the xmas units were in the pool. Didn't get any of them.

Guess I'll just have to make do with the Aileen and Mystera I pulled instead. :getin:

Alakaiser posted:

They just put up an announcement that the "12 days of joy" tomorrow starts and we get daily gifts.

day 1: one 1% trust moogle
day 2: 200 lapis
day 3: one rare summon ticket
day 4: one guaranteed 4* ticket
day 5: 500 lapis
day 6: six king metal minituars
day 7: one of each 5* pot
day 8: one of each megacite
day 9: nine gil snapped families
day 10: ten star quartz
day 11: one 10+1 ticket
day 12: 1200 lapis

They had an idea and they stuck to it.

That days 3 and 4 are rare (3 star) and 4 star tickets while day 5 is 500 lapis instead of a 5* ticket is the most "lol gently caress you non-Japanese players" mobile gaming thing imaginable.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah but what if you wanted to get a 3*? 500 lapis is more diverse than a five star ticket

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Clearly nobody told them that in the song you get that day's presents and an additional copy of the presents from all the days before.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

rabidsquid posted:

yeah but what if you wanted to get a 3*? 500 lapis is more diverse than a five star ticket

I can't wait to get my guaranteed Sazh, Bedile, Krile or Type-0 unit!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Tall Tale Teller posted:

hell, same

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tall Tale Teller posted:

as much as i have dogged on bedile in the past today i got another rydia and brought her up to 75% towards...blizzaga. bediles tm is also bad but i have to figure its got to be marginally better than like, firaga, blizzaga, or "equip daggers" which jesus christ

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Every ability you mentioned is better than Bedile's TMR. the magic sword attacks are utter garbage and there's a reason that characters were getting entirely different hybrid abilities not long after launch.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

equip daggers is not more useful than throw or drink or anything

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I'm actually only one Sazh away from a 20 sided die, so bring him on I guess?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Equip Dagger can let you equip a dagger with 10% HP or some evasion therefor it is functionally a 10% HP TM at least.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's too bad those Raid units sucked and probably no one ever used them, because they have amazing sprites. Ashteroze and Nyalu's win and LB animations are awesome.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nyalu's has the most :kimchi: animation

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

Equip Bowie Knife for Dual Wield! It's... it's something?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

KDdidit posted:

It's too bad those Raid units sucked and probably no one ever used them, because they have amazing sprites. Ashteroze and Nyalu's win and LB animations are awesome.

The moon sage unit has an ability that protects the party from all ailments and breaks in one cast, which is pretty handy.

But that's about it. Skill modifiers on all those units would need to be increased significantly to make them even remotely useful for anyone not a low-rank newbie tying to fill spots in their parties.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

That days 3 and 4 are rare (3 star) and 4 star tickets while day 5 is 500 lapis instead of a 5* ticket is the most "lol gently caress you non-Japanese players" mobile gaming thing imaginable.

5* ticket is the 28th day login.

Still sucks we are only getting one, but on the plus side its a ticket and not a 5000 lapis banner which works out better for f2p players.

also reminder we should be getting a 10+1 ticket on the 25th tomorrow.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Got a gift card for Christmas, and tried my luck.

So... Elsa ripoff is basically a new Trance Terra, right?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Mr. Swoon posted:

As long as you like Ice Damage, yowza!

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mr. Swoon posted:

Holy wow, jackpot.

So Christine isn't just "Ice Trance Terra", though the fact she perfect chains with TT is amazing. She also chains with Tidus (Absolute Zero), and any of the Orlandu family (Ice Shards). She works with SO MANY people.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
And if they can't chain she can just make them chain.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Current top tier rankings. Christine is the top magic DPS and is tied with A2 for top overall DPS.

Varance fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 25, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Are there any Ice-based daggers/swords/throwns to come? I was thinking of running Nyx with my double Fryevias as a finisher but the only Ice weapons he can use are Fryevia's TMR (which are not gonna go on him) or the weak Icebrand.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

ApplesandOranges posted:

Are there any Ice-based daggers/swords/throwns to come? I was thinking of running Nyx with my double Fryevias as a finisher but the only Ice weapons he can use are Fryevia's TMR (which are not gonna go on him) or the weak Icebrand.

Not really. Only ice weapon of note is Erwin's TM, on CG Sakura's banner in February. 110 damage ice katana with 25% beast/bird/plant/aquatic killer. We also had Northern Lights, but that's a spear. Fryevia's is the most prevalent.

https://altema.jp/ffbe/zokusei_bukilist <<< Stick that in google translate. The ice list is short as hell compared to other elements.

Varance fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Dec 25, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That feeling when you expect more than a 10+1 ticket from a fan festa as reward today but the only new things are in the shop

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

What’s the :goonsay: on Loren? Got her from my 10+1 ticket.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Doesn't easily chain well with anyone and her tmr is not as useful as it looks.

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting
I pulled a Veritas of the Flame on my 10+1 and decided to spend my last 5 tickets for shits and giggles and got a Wilhelm. Is Wilhelm a better tank than WoL? Or should I just keep him in the reserves?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Got a VoL from my 10+1 - he's not so hot, right?

Funny, I've certainly pulled more quantity of 5*s since the rate-up went live, but not a single one has been played (other than farming 2 of Prishe's TM, oh and Fohlen's as well).

EDIT: Enhance Wilhelm, get his TM, K.Delita's, and 3-4 Patriotic Recalls. He's dreamy.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Cobalt60 posted:

Got a VoL from my 10+1 - he's not so hot, right?

Lightlord takes a specialized gearset, which is not readily accessible if you haven't been playing for a while and haven't pulled Noctis. Talking General Offensive from the Black Friday bundle, Power of Creation from Maxwell (Brave Frontier crossover), a highly ranked Adventurer TM, a pair of Ring of the Lucii, a gun from an old Type-0 event, Lawrence's Monster Breastplate TM, Hope's Nue TM, etc.

Example of a powerful Lightlord build: here

Varance fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Dec 25, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Got a Luneth from my 10+1. I don't really use a finisher much these days but whatever, I'll take it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Whole bunch of garbage from my 10+1. Only 1 gold and the rest blues. Nobody particularly offensive bunch just things that I have plenty of already. I think Hoemaru was the best TMR in the lot.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

....I'm not sure if a triple rainbow pull could be any more disappointing than this trash fire....
The sadness induced me to do another pull, and it was 1 gold + 10 blues, also all garbage.
Merry Christmas! :negative:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I'm a bit surprised we didn't see the summon pool change yet. I guess they figured they'd wait until after the holiday but there's so many characters now I'd like to start being able to at least roll for a specific role with some of these tickets. I wonder if they'll let you choose which pool you can spend ex tickets on or if you'll still be stuck rolling those from a general pool.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Trilin posted:

....I'm not sure if a triple rainbow pull could be any more disappointing than this trash fire....
The sadness induced me to do another pull, and it was 1 gold + 10 blues, also all garbage.
Merry Christmas! :negative:

Destroyed

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dana Crysalis posted:

Holy wow, jackpot.

So Christine isn't just "Ice Trance Terra", though the fact she perfect chains with TT is amazing. She also chains with Tidus (Absolute Zero), and any of the Orlandu family (Ice Shards). She works with SO MANY people.

Whaaaat Absolute Zero has quick hit frames!? Thats loving amazing

e-It does not apparently

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Dec 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wrong thread

• Locked thread