Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Tora is strong and cool and my friend. I've also seen mention of him soloing some of the superbosses but I haven't checked out those threads/videos because I haven't beaten the game yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
If you're really good/patient at Tiger Tiger, you can stack the poo poo out of Poppi. The core is something like AC Arts Boost + AC Critical Up + AC Recharge Boost + Challenger + Frontal Force + Critical Restore (+Avenger if solo). You get Rex-level damage because of all the +100% damage modifers you're stacking, while also being a leech tank because of Critical Restore.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Reiterpallasch posted:

If you're really good/patient at Tiger Tiger, you can stack the poo poo out of Poppi. The core is something like AC Arts Boost + AC Critical Up + AC Recharge Boost + Challenger + Frontal Force + Critical Restore (+Avenger if solo). You get Rex-level damage because of all the +100% damage modifers you're stacking, while also being a leech tank because of Critical Restore.

I’d rather die than grind Tiger Tiger. I came here to play something fun.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Tora is the second best character after Nia

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Pulled both Godfrey and Perceval for 4th from Common Cores :hellyeah:

I assume she's set for life now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

I’d rather die than grind Tiger Tiger. I came here to play something fun.

Easy mode makes it fun imo. I don't know how perfect runs would be possible without it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually has anybody been able to do a perfect run on level layouts that have the fish that drop from above/below? I cannot figure out how to juke them if there are crystals behind them.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

You can hit them diagonally.

Does the pacifistmedal count for a perfect run?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Party Meiser posted:

Or pay the nopon to open the door. Haggle with him to save 100g

It actually wasn't the door I thought it was, and was in fact a completely different door that also required Super Strength and Noppon Wisdom (though thankfully 1 less so I could actually break it) to open.

Well now that I unlocked all of Boreas' levels, I sure hope Nia's hungry...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

You can hit them diagonally.

Does the pacifistmedal count for a perfect run?

Technically no but I'm trying to do a pacifist perfect run of every stage. I've just done 1 and 2, 1 is easy, 2 is tricky because of the moving enemies. I don't even know if 3, 4 and 5 are going to be possible

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Mythra is a dps monster at trust S2. Using a critrate+ aux core and a max-affinity damage+ aux core, then chaining the same art into itself forever because of her passives.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

What does the Telepathy Aux Core do?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

We died right after

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

brand engager posted:

We died right after

You tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end it didn't really matter.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Made extra fuckin sure this time

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just got this for Christmas. Any specific posts in the thread or any good guides or whatever to help out a noob about to start

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Just got this for Christmas. Any specific posts in the thread or any good guides or whatever to help out a noob about to start

You only get five of an item that lets you give a character's blade to another without tedious grinding or buying the season pass, don't get too hung up on giving Rex rare blades

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Date your sword

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Don’t give cores to Rex, wait until you get your permanent fourth and fifth members to open them. Don’t count on rare blades showing up much, the drop rates are frustrating. Match up ATK blades with Rex and Zeke, TNK blades with Morag, and HLR blades with Nia.

Stutter step immediately after attacks with Rex to quickly build up Driver arts and Specials.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
One more thing is handheld mode hosed?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Nope, it’s been great for me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't been keeping up with the thread so I don't know if this has already been posted, but if you wanna get a lot of ether from Tiger Tiger, just learn how to do pacifist perfect runs of Stage 1 because treasure quality seems to be only dependent on points scored, not difficulty or stage. It doesn't take long to learn and you get 1500+ ether per run plus a variety of level V parts that you can use or sell.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The "Don't give cores to Rex" thing is overblown. I'm like 60 hours into the game and I'm still not at that point where he gets a story healer option, let alone the Special Ability.

What's more useful is listing what free unique blades you get to plan ahead.

Rex eventually gets:
-Light DPS
-Wind DPS
-Late, late game a Water Healer

Five eventually gets:
-Water Tank

Available through sidequests:
-Earth Attacker
-Electric Healer
-Dark Tank
-Water Attacker (lancer)
-IceTank
-Water Attacker (Rifle)
-Electric Attacker

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

You mean Four right? I don't remember Five getting anything beyond their starter blade.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It doesn't look as good as playing on a TV but its perfectly serviceable.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tae posted:

The "Don't give cores to Rex" thing is overblown. I'm like 60 hours into the game and I'm still not at that point where he gets a story healer option, let alone the Special Ability.

What's more useful is listing what free unique blades you get to plan ahead.

Rex eventually gets:
-Light DPS
-Wind DPS
-Late, late game a Water Healer

Five eventually gets:
-Water Tank

Available through sidequests:
-Earth Attacker
-Electric Healer
-Dark Tank
-Water Attacker (lancer)
-IceTank
-Water Attacker (Rifle)
-Electric Attacker

More importantly when can I get something on Rex that launches

Between pyra and the wind attacker he can topple and smash but i can never count on Nia to launch in time

Also I have Finch which I'll give to 4 as soon as I unlock her I think, if I can ever find this stupid rear end factory

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Axes give Rex a launch ability, but also Zeke's default blade has a launch on his sword.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm up to chapter four now and god drat this game is fantastic fun in some ways but just insanely infuriating in others. So many little things that feel like they should have been solved problems for the genre. It manages to crawl right up to my "gently caress this I'm done" line but never quite crosses it, then I'll have hours of more great stuff before something dumb happens and it walks up there again.

Also is the combat system fully unlocked by this point or will it be dropping more mechanics on me later? I've really gotten into the combat and I'm not that far away from being able to cancel arts into arts, which sounds like such a big deal I'm surprised it isn't a default ability.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You will be comfortably introduced to new mechanics at a comfortable pace until you beat the game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't think you have chain attacks unlocked yet? It's been a while since.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Nah they give you chain attacks (and bursting orbs) when you're fighting Smug Blue rear end in a top hat for the first time in the merc camp.

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.
Played to halfway of Chapter 7, and got a good laugh out of "I love you" "I love you too, all of you" sequence.

Switching to her bladeform and back is pretty clunky though, surely will test team compositions after i get Pyra back.

It was pretty carefree to run trough chapters 5 to 7 while being level 60+, running from storybeat to another, just exploring and ignoring combat

And my god, Tantal really gives off "enormous" vibe, maybe all that fog and distant landscapes help

80 hours in, still not seeing my interest dying off soon, 9k points to merc level 5

I did not mind Ursula's quest thus far, but I now this just feels ridiculous 30/30/30 stamps

Also good job putting level 75 piranhas as roaming gatekeepers for level 40 quest objectives, developers.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pierson posted:

I'm up to chapter four now and god drat this game is fantastic fun in some ways but just insanely infuriating in others. So many little things that feel like they should have been solved problems for the genre. It manages to crawl right up to my "gently caress this I'm done" line but never quite crosses it, then I'll have hours of more great stuff before something dumb happens and it walks up there again.

Also is the combat system fully unlocked by this point or will it be dropping more mechanics on me later? I've really gotten into the combat and I'm not that far away from being able to cancel arts into arts, which sounds like such a big deal I'm surprised it isn't a default ability.

I think a lot of it boils down to questionable design decisions in:

- rare blades being gacha drops w bullshit % and content being locked behind said bullshit drops, make them all quest rewards
- merc missions having a maximum groups out at a time and taking several hours, remove the limit
- crappy dungeon design/gimmicks in chapter 7 and 8, ditch em and tighten up the pacing
- side quests being kinda uninteresting, less is more when the less is better done

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles
Dumb question, but does anyone know if the Xenoblade pro controller was a one time run or will Nintendo make more? They're sold out everywhere. I knew I should have gotten it when it came out.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I just remembered to go pick up Herald, and I'm honestly surprised she isn't tied to a particular party member given her backstory. She seems pretty cool so I gave her to that member despite the element redundancy.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Calaveron posted:

You only get five of an item that lets you give a character's blade to another without tedious grinding or buying the season pass, don't get too hung up on giving Rex rare blades

Don't you only get 3?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm sure it's been covered already but how do I get to that northern island in tantal to get the quest there?

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm sure it's been covered already but how do I get to that northern island in tantal to get the quest there?

I asked the same thing like 80 times. Gotta go to the Gates of Ulcaria skip travel spot. There will be a place nearby you can use ice mastery to make a bridge to another island that if you climb all the way to the top you get a secret location and the Airborne Throne skip travel spot. On that island is an ice ramp that if you slide down will launch you to the island with the quest (It's quest is to go to Airborne Throne).

Invenerable
Aug 7, 2005

YOU CAN BE A BIG PIG, TOO!

Ytlaya posted:

Don't you only get 3?

I'm unsure where all I found my few in the field, or which ones they're talking about in your quoted post, but I got another one upon finishing Rex's personal grid thingy, so I figure you get another 5 from those. Honestly can't see needing many more than that unless you are just terminally unlucky or 100% anal retentive about your blade distribution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

I asked the same thing like 80 times. Gotta go to the Gates of Ulcaria skip travel spot. There will be a place nearby you can use ice mastery to make a bridge to another island that if you climb all the way to the top you get a secret location and the Airborne Throne skip travel spot. On that island is an ice ramp that if you slide down will launch you to the island with the quest (It's quest is to go to Airborne Throne).

You have to jump midway tho or you will fall short.