Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Stephen9001 posted:

The thing is, we've already established that his Luck is very real, so it doesn't seem out of the question he somehow used it to make it so that the traitor is the one responsible (by Monokuma's logic) for his death.

I can agree that it would be possible for him to do that using The Power of Bullshit which most of the students seem to have inherently. I strongly disagree that is a thing he would do as part of his character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
If he was tortured into speaking, why would his torturer have left the duct tape on for the interrogation? Presumably that would prevent him from talking.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

So, he hung the spear by its rope from the ceiling and somehow made it swing back and forth like a pendulum?

My God... and then he tied the body to the pendulum and swung it across the chasm! Brilliant!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Terper posted:

My God... and then he tied the body to the pendulum and swung it across the chasm! Brilliant!

And then one of the kids saw it and drew a picture of it!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Terper posted:

Someday we'll have an LP of this game and the thread will explode from the insanity.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I think you guys are really stretching with that. But the game is a LOT more idiotic than I think at times.

Plus, if Nagito really wants to be the symbol of hope for everyone else, it doesn't make sense to arrange his death to be so impossible to solve and connected to swiping the book so that the book-swiper gets executed even though they had no idea that would kill anyone. That would be one twist too far.

It's much more likely that the fireworks going off was the signal to Nagito to let go of the spear thing, not an automatic trigger (which would be more the mechanic's specialty anyway). Simpler and more in character than trying to get some random person executed. If that's really what he wanted he could have just killed them himself.

We know Nagito found out who the traitor was, and presumably found out what she was up to. Presuming that Chiaki is the traitor--a teacher at the school, or at least a graduate, who brought these students here in the name of Hope set against Despair, making her a champion of Hope and a traitor against Despair--how would Hope-fanatic Nagito respond?

It seems highly plausible that he'd engineer a situation where the traitor has to reveal herself by being put in a position to either be the only survivor, or has to work out that she was technically responsible for Nagito's death and then confess both to that AND to being the traitor in order to save all the others.

The potential flaw in this theory: what would Nagito have done if Chiaki hadn't scanned in? Then again, betting on Hope is what Nagito is all about, in a really twisted and self-destructive way.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Someday we'll have an LP of this game and the thread will explode from the insanity.

Isn't there one ongoing?*

*hasnt updated in ages, may be dead

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I can agree that it would be possible for him to do that using The Power of Bullshit which most of the students seem to have inherently. I strongly disagree that is a thing he would do as part of his character.

Look, Nagito's version of hope and our characters version of hope seem vastly different. Putting aside the hows and whys, Nagito has been acting weird for the past chapter.

Basically he was yanking us around all chapter. And he's been going after the traitor this whole time over and over.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

Isn't there one ongoing?*

*hasnt updated in ages, may be dead

Justice for All is on temporary hiatus. That example being discussed is from Trials and Tribulations.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Look, Nagito's version of hope and our characters version of hope seem vastly different. Putting aside the hows and whys, Nagito has been acting weird for the past chapter.

Basically he was yanking us around all chapter. And he's been going after the traitor this whole time over and over.

So that's it, then. "Nagito works in mysterious ways." He's god. It's impossible for primitive mortals such as ourselves to examine his words and actions and make an educated guess about whether his plan is to kill a random student for his murder even though they would have had no idea that they were committing a murder.

Too bad he died (not really). He could be an unstoppable super-soldier, just blindfold him and send him into battle and he'll slaughter entire armies. No soldier, no tank, nor plane, nor rocket could possibly give him the slightest of scratches.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Too bad he died (not really). He could be an unstoppable super-soldier, just blindfold him and send him into battle and he'll slaughter entire armies. No soldier, no tank, nor plane, nor rocket could possibly give him the slightest of scratches.

I wanted to make some argument against this, but I can't think of anything that suggests he couldn't do this.

Clearly Nagito died for our sins.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

So that's it, then. "Nagito works in mysterious ways." He's god. It's impossible for primitive mortals such as ourselves to examine his words and actions and make an educated guess about whether his plan is to kill a random student for his murder even though they would have had no idea that they were committing a murder.

You're taking this way too seriously, especially given we're only one update into the investigation. You also seem to be forgetting that, even without his luck which he has demonstrated allowing him to orchestrate ridiculous coincidences on at least three separate occasions, the fact that he's also shown himself to be smarter than basically the entire rest of the cast bar maybe Hajime put together. I don't think assuming that he's capable of orchestrating some ridiculous Rube Goldberg mechanism leading to his own death is any stranger than any of the previous cases.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Eh, my main point was that he's been antagonising everyone before this so if he got offed by someone for being terrible or planned some insane way of getting offed and then died, or just died for whatever cause he deemed worthy, it all seems in line.

In character.

He clearly liked making our lives difficult.

Blademaster_Aio fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Dec 24, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So that's it, then. "Nagito works in mysterious ways." He's god.

I know you're being sarcastic, but you're not wrong.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

No, the way his luck works, he'd actually get shot immediately but then a volcano will spontaneously erupt under the opposing army.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I still think Nagito was lying about his backstory.

I mean, the ultimate universe is a pretty weird place, but a meteor killing only the high jacker and his parents? Actually, that's not the unbelievable part, the strangest part is the meteor itself.

So far Nagito's luck has been pretty simple - he just wins at games of chance.

Like rock paper scissors, Russian roulette, drawing straws.

So basically, games of chance are rigged in his favour.

His backstory luck is as insane as the man himself, but I dunno. I can't put it past Nagito that he's messing with us when he tells us the backstory.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Blademaster_Aio posted:

I still think Nagito was lying about his backstory.

I mean, the ultimate universe is a pretty weird place, but a meteor killing only the high jacker and his parents? Actually, that's not the unbelievable part, the strangest part is the meteor itself.

So far Nagito's luck has been pretty simple - he just wins at games of chance.

Like rock paper scissors, Russian roulette, drawing straws.

So basically, games of chance are rigged in his favour.

His backstory luck is as insane as the man himself, but I dunno. I can't put it past Nagito that he's messing with us when he tells us the backstory.

I'd argue that getting grabbed by a serial killer, being released by said serial killer after they found out that no one would care if he died, and finding a winning lotto ticket in the trash bag he was kidnapped in is weirder than the meteor thing.

And really man, you can't just dismiss something as too unbelievable without evidence against it. This is a world where a loving highschool student arranged the fall of civilization. The meteor thing is nothing compared to everything about Junko.

Stroth fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 24, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Blademaster_Aio posted:

You do realize this is a universe in which a UFO abducted someone's burger, right?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: We're gonna try and get through the rest of the crime scene today, starting with these fire grenade fragments.

Looks like a bunch of plastic bottles... Remnants of plastic are scattered all over the place. This is probably...

...those fire grenades that we used to put out the fire. Well, they weren't actually that useful in the end...

The fire was only extinguished thanks to the sprinklers.

Well, nevertheless... This evidence really isn't all that strange.

: A lighter?

: Ah, this is... It's an oil lighter.

This is where the curtains would've been hanging. It also looks like the fire did extensive damage here... If the oil lighter was placed here...

: Ah! An oil lighter. Someone probably wanted to keep warm...
: ...Is a most foolish thought! This is clearly the cause of the fire!
: Oil lighters can continue to burn even after someone lets go of them...

: So, using that, the curtain was set on fire!
: Using the oil lighter, huh... Do you think the killer set up some sort of trick with it?

: The killer probably planned to destroy evidence by setting this warehouse on fire.

They caused a fire to destroy evidence...? That's the only reason I can think of why a killer would set fire to their crime scene, but...

: Why is this plushie bleeding...

Monokuma's dead...! There's blood coming out of his stomach!

: :doh:
: H-Hey...
: No response... He's dead, Jim.

: Juuuuuuust kidding! I'm not dead!
: Is this...one of the life-sized plushies that were being produced at this factory...?
: If you're mistaking a plushie for me then there's something wrong with you!
: You're a stuffed animal, too...

: Don't put oversized garbage there! It's so misleading!
: Wh-What are you calling oversized garbage...!?
: Could this be...one of Monokuma's tricks? Then why'd he do it? Making a hole like it got stabbed, and going to the trouble of dirtying the hole with blood... Did he try to imitate Nagito's body or something?

: I had nothing to do with that.
: ...Huh?
: H-He's probably lying! Seriously, you're always lying...! You should just die like that plushie over there...!
: You seem more pissed than usual these days, Monomi, but you better watch what you say...
: If I feel like it, I can wipe you out easily, you know! *leaves*

: Gh...I won't give in to your threats... I'll fight you until the very end...
: I will definitely take back the seat of world supremacy from Monokuma! *leaves*
: ...

Looks like those annoyances are gone...

If it wasn't Monokuma's trick, then who did this?

: Could the killer have done this?

If so...is this...Nagito's blood?

: I have no idea...how this connects to the incident.

: Alright let's chat with the others.

: It mattered for Gundham's killing and for Mikan's... But it looks like it's different this time. It doesn't matter this time.
: ...What doesn't matter?
: The time! Looks like the time doesn't matter! It was clearly written in the Monokuma File! The time of death was noon sharp...
: If it was at noon...what were we doing at that time?
: Hmmm...what were we doin'? Well right now, it's...
: IT'S 12:30 P.M.!!
: So it also has...a clock function...

: Then that means Nagito died thirty minutes ago...
: Huh? It happened that recently!? He's totally a fresh kill!
: Fresh...seems like a bad way to describe it.
: Um...if it happened thirty minutes ago, was it around the time we were strugglin' with the bombs?
: You're right... Those fake bombs were originally supposed to explode at noon...

: Which means whoever doesn't have an alibi for that time is Nagito's killer!
: But...this could also be like when Nekomaru died. The killer could've also used some kinda automatic setup...
: Also...the crime looks very detailed, so they would've needed time to prepare.
: Then whoever doesn't have an alibi before we found the bombs is suspicious!

: Wait, none of us have an alibi for that time! That's when we all split up to search for the bombs!

Yeah...that's the problem...

: I'm not freaking out about it like Kazuichi, but...I definitely can't stop thinking about it... When the Monokuma Timer reaches zero two days from now...what's going to happen?
: Huh? What's gonna happen!?
: This rotten school trip is gonna end, right!? We can finally go back home!
: Carefree till the end...
: Does that mean...you don't think that'll happen?

: Monokuma might be planning to make us do something after the countdown ends...
: Wh-What do you mean, "something"!?
: He's making us kill each other, you know!? What could be worse than that!?

: I...don't know... But this is Monokuma we're talking about, you know? There's no way this'll end smoothly with a countdown...
: A-Anyway... Like you said before, if we screw up here, it's the end for us. For now...let's focus on the investigation. We'll think about the countdown...after we live through the class trial.
: Yeah, I know...
: Then don't bring up strange stuff like that...

She looks like she's deep in thought while staring at the ceiling...

: ...What happened? Is there something strange about the ceiling?
: Yeah, about that sprinkler...
: That's one of the sprinkler heads that activated to put out the fire.
: You can see a girder right next to it, right? There...

: Can you...see that red streak?

: You're right...I definitely see it... It looks like a small red line...on the ceiling girder...
: Is that...blood?
: ...Blood?
: The color definitely looks like blood...but there's no way blood could get up there, right? Plus...it's in a straight line...
: That's why I've been staring at it. I think it's strange.

It's definitely strange... I should remember this...

: One of us...killed Nagito in such a cruel way...?
: Haha...it's too bizarre...I-I can't do anything except laugh...

: If only everyone could go home... Nothing would make me happier... No...we should finish the class trial, then we can think about what will happen after.

Now then...I guess that's enough investigating the area behind the curtain...

The killer's goal wasn't just killing Nagito... There should've been another reason as well... If not...they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of tying him with rope, and covering his mouth with duct tape... Not just that...there's no reason to inflict any wounds other than a fatal one. So...what was the reason?

: Looks like I better investigate other areas to figure that out... All right...I should try investigating the other areas inside this warehouse first.

: Akane, Fuyuhiko and Kazuichi essentially repeat their lines from the previous scene, so we'll skip them here. There are a couple of things to check and people to talk to on this side of the burnt curtain so we'll start with Chiaki.

: Looks like...this side is completely soaked because of the sprinkler. Even if there was an important clue here, we might not be able to notice it...
: But...it's better than the warehouse burning to the ground. Good thing we were able to put out the fire.
: But there was a lot of smoke. It's a good thing we didn't go inside when we were throwing the grenades.
: I agree. If we did, we would have been caught by the sprinklers and become all wet and soggy.

: Miss Sonia's all wet! She's all drenched and soggy! Haha...!
: You were thinking that, huh?
: I-I wasn't thinking that at all!

: Why are you responding, Kazuichi? I was asking Hajime.
: Y-You're...screwing with me!?
: Oh my, "screwing"? How lewd! *leaves*

: Please don't look at me with such fearful eyes! I only imagined it for a second!

Kazuichi...you should probably just keep your mouth shut already...

: drat, Monokuma really dunked on Kazuichi there.

: Let's see what's up with this MP3 player. It was playing that creepy music before, wasn't it?

This...is an MP3 player. There's even a speaker plugged into it. But...why is this here?

: It looks like that weird music was playing from there.
: You know, the music that was blaring when the fire started?
: Yeah, you're right...
: Looks like it's busted from getting drenched by the sprinklers... There's no mistaking it. That music was playing from that MP3 Player.

I don't disagree with that, but... Why was the killer playing music from this?

: There's something weird about these fallen panels.

...Hm? There are a lot of tipped over Monokuma panels. The panel near the curtain in the back is tipped over and burned. Did the fire do that? But...why are they scattered like this? The last time I came here, I seem to recall...

They should have been neatly put away.

: Maybe...we're the ones who made this mess?
: Look, the tipped over panel by the entrance is really close to the door, right? So...maybe the reason these panels are tipped over is...

: It's fine...I'll open it slowly...
: N-No...that's not the problem...
: Seriously, it'll be fine!

With those words, Akane brushed off everyone's warnings and slowly opened the door to the warehouse...

*Clatter-clatter-clatter...!*

: Huh? It's not opening? Is there...somethin' blockin' the door? I can barely open it...
: I-I knew it! It's a trap! Seriously, just stop it okay!?
: Didn't I tell you it'll be fine!? I just gotta use a little more force...
: What happened to opening it slowly!?

Akane ignored the protests and with a mighty kick, the door flew open.

*BAM!*

: Could it be...? Was that it...?
: And there's something else I've been wondering...

: These Monokuma panels are tipped over starting from the entrance to the back of the warehouse, right? They seem to be lying on top of each other...in a straight line.
: Yeah...compared to the other tipped over panels, that line is the only one that's neat and orderly...
: Isn't this clearly strange?

Strange...that means... We can speculate this was done intentionally.

: There's something important we need to talk to Sonia about.

Looks like Sonia is focused on investigating the warehouse... Which reminds me...there's something I needed to ask her about. Now that we've pretty much finished investigating Nagito's body...I think it's time to talk to her.

: Hey Sonia...do you have a minute?

: ...Yes? What is it?
: I want to talk to you about when that fake bomb Nagito set in the warehouse exploded...
: Right before it exploded...you said something like this, right?

: It is all right! It is not a bomb!

: Why did you know the bombs were a fake...?
: Um...well...
: That's not all, either. When we were looking for the bombs...why were you at the military base? I thought you were supposed to be searching the central island?
: Plus...when I called for you, you didn't come to the factory right away. Where were you and what were you doing during that time?
: Oh...oh my...?
: Do you...do you suspect me? I-It is a misunderstanding! I am not the killer!

: Jesus! poo poo! You son of a bitch!
: S-Sonia...?

: *Gasp!* I am terribly sorry! I was panicking!
: I-I shall calm down and explain to you...why I was at the military base... When I first explored the final island, I discovered a vast amount of bombs there.

: At first...I was worried that someone might use them for nefarious reasons if I announced it to everyone... So...I kept silent the whole time...
: Does that mean...when you heard Nagito planted bombs, you got suspicious and went to investigate them?
: And as I suspected...the bombs had disappeared. I thoroughly searched for them inside the military base, but the bombs were nowhere to be found.
: And because you were searching for them...you were late when we all gathered?

: And because of that, I reached a conclusion! The bombs Nagito brought were from the military base...which means they were fake bombs.
: How did you find out that the bombs at the military base were fake?
: Because...I attempted to use one of them.
: Wh-What?
: I thought one of the bombs would be strong enough to blast open the door to the ancient ruin...
: At the time, I still believed the bombs were real... And I thought that I could use one of them to gain entrance to the ancient ruin.

: However...that plan was an utter failure. The bombs was not real, it was merely a fireworks display.
: God drat it all to hell!
: I see... So that's why you're the only one who knew the bombs at the military base were fake...
: I did...as did Monomi as well. She was also secretly peeking at the bomb.
: If those bombs are the same ones that disappeared, it would mean Nagito took them. That is why...I knew it was a fake. However...I did think it was strange when Nagito blew up the hotel lobby.

: That bomb was real, and I could not stop thinking about it... But upon further reflection...that might have been Nagito's plan all along. He showed us a real bomb to make us believe that the bombs he set were real as well.

If so...then Nagito's actions were extremely calculated... But the problem is...his reason for doing it.

: With this...I have explained everything.
: There should be no more reason for you to doubt me!
: Y-You're right...I got it...

All right, I've pretty much finished looking for clues inside the warehouse... I was able to find some clues but...there are still so many things I don't understand yet.

: You look worried!
: Y-Yeah...I am...
: At a time like this, it might be good if you broaden your investigation range.
: You mean...it's good to investigate other places as well...

She might be right. There are several things I've been wondering about besides the crime scene... The military base that Sonia mentioned... The Plushie Factory next door... Nezumi Castle, where the spear originally came from...

...And Nagito's room, too. If I'm going to understand the reason for his actions, I need to know more about him.

: I'm pretty sure the others have finished already finished investigating...
: Hey you guys! Isn't it about time we leave this place and try exploring other areas too!?

In response to Chiaki, the others gathered around her.

: I agree, I was just thinking about proceeding to another area. It seems we had the same idea...
: But is it safe? There won't be anyone to guard the crime scene.
: We don't have a choice, there just aren't enough of us. Besides...we've investigated all we can here.
: I guess you're right.

: Also...it looks like the clues we found aren't enough to piece this incident together. So...we need to search for them in other areas...probably.
: Well, alternatively...if there aren't any clues in other areas either, we'd have to give up completely.
: You don't really need to say that...
: ...Then it's okay if we leave this place?
: IT'S OKAY?

Music fades out.

There's no time for us to stand around. In order to survive...there's no other way except to do it. In order for us to survive, we need to find Nagito's killer. If we don't sacrifice that person, nobody can survive...

...That's our reality.

That's why...there's no time for us to stand around.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Okay, so apparently, Nagito is tied down and can't move. Legs are tied with taut rope, the right hand is pinned to the ground with a knife driven through his hand and can't move. His left other hand is tied with taut rope. We did NOT see how the rope-hand is tied. Apparently it is not a clue, so therefore the assumption is that his left hand is tied with taut rope and can't move.

So if this is suicide like we're all thinking, how did he drive the knife into his right hand with his left hand immobilized?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Okay, so apparently, Nagito is tied down and can't move. Legs are tied with taut rope, the right hand is pinned to the ground with a knife driven through his hand and can't move. His left other hand is tied with taut rope. We did NOT see how the rope-hand is tied. Apparently it is not a clue, so therefore the assumption is that his left hand is tied with taut rope and can't move.

So if this is suicide like we're all thinking, how did he drive the knife into his right hand with his left hand immobilized?

Well if it really is a Rube Goldberg machine his limbs could have been pulled taut post mortem.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FPzero posted:

: Do you...do you suspect me? I-It is a misunderstanding! I am not the killer!

: Jesus! poo poo! You son of a bitch!

Here it is. The best line in the game. :allears:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Who What Now posted:

Well if it really is a Rube Goldberg machine his limbs could have been pulled taut post mortem.

Yes, I agree. But what I am trying to say is that they haven't shown any of those parts.

We've got enough evidence for a theory on how the fire started: The door opened and knocked down some Monobear-shaped dominoes. The last one might have had the oil lighter balanced on top of it (which, Sonia pointed out, stays on), and it fell into a pool of accelerant to start the fire.

What has not been shown is either some mechanism to pull the left arm taut, or something which was able to drive the knife through Nagito's right hand with enough force to embed the knife into the floor (and "balanced on the Monobear stand" is not an acceptable answer). This might be a case of another student seeing it to give evidence at the trial, I suppose, but I doubt that.

I do admit that I am completely stumped about the pierced and bloodstained plushie.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 25, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Here it is. The best line in the game. :allears:
Authentic foreigner dialog!

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
What we do we think about the hot pink spraypaint sorry I mean the blood on the beam? Seems to imply something (the rope attached to the spear presumably) was hung over it, but with blood on it already?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Nagito made the "torture" wounds beforehand and somehow blood from that ended up on the rope he tossed over. It could explain the clean section, what was his dominant hand?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Zoe posted:

What we do we think about the hot pink spraypaint sorry I mean the blood on the beam? Seems to imply something (the rope attached to the spear presumably) was hung over it, but with blood on it already?

Given the gap on the spearhead wire and that one of Nagito's hands is bloodied as though it was closed around something, it seems as though he was at least notionally in control of a spear at a time he was bleeding.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Wouldn't a good time to kill another student be during an investigation?

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

What has not been shown is either some mechanism to pull the left arm taut, or something which was able to drive the knife through Nagito's right hand with enough force to embed the knife into the floor (and "balanced on the Monobear stand" is not an acceptable answer).

I don't think the knife is embedded in the floor. Hajime only mentions it being stabbed through the hand.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Qrr posted:

I don't think the knife is embedded in the floor. Hajime only mentions it being stabbed through the hand.

I guess it could be, since I can see a shadow under his hand, it's just that that knife seems [url=http://lpix.org/2999056/058.png]much shorter than usual[/spoiler], especially for a combat knife. If it was only piercing his hand, I would expect his hand to be higher off the ground then that, though.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: We're back outside the warehouse now and everyone has split up. We'll start investigating our list of places by going back into the Factory.

: Let's see if there's anything in the break room.

The break room is on the other side of this door. This is where we obtained the fire grenades.

: Anything inside...?

Hmmm...there's nothing on the floor that looks like a clue, not even trash.

: Next, the truck.

Apparently the bombs that were stuffed on this truck were actually fireworks... Which reminds me...this truck looks like it came from the military base. Nagito must've brought it from there.

: ...Other than that...there's nothing in particular that catches my eye.

: Let's check the laptop once more.

That reminds me...when we saw Nagito's video message on this laptop...

: Is he still watchin' us from somewhere? If he's not...then how did he time his message so perfectly...?
: No...it looks like the video was set to play after the explosion by a wireless signal from the detonator... But...why did he have to use a video message? That's the one thing I don't get.

At the time, Nagito should've already been killed... Which means that video was recorded in advance.

: That's right...besides that video, there might be data on this laptop that could be used as a clue.

With that thought in mind, I tried messing around with the laptop, but...

: It's no use...it's locked. There's no way I can examine this...

But if it's locked, then maybe there really is something inside...

...Maybe I'm overthinking this.

: Let's see what Sonia's up to.

: I...have never seen so many Monokumas in my life.
: Well, Monokuma isn't exactly someone you would normally run into...
: However, while I was staring at all these Monokumas, a thought occurred to me...

: The bomb that went off at the lobby might have been set up here.

: If you hide the bombs inside a Monokuma plushie, it would make a frightening weapon. Do you not think the group that is forcing us to kill each other would devise something like that?
: A plushie bomb is an act of terrorism!
: Let us rip these apart right away so we can confirm it!
: H-Hold on! If there was a bomb inside these, wouldn't it explode if we carelessly messed with it?
: Either way...it is "all gravy"!
: All gravy...? What the hell does that mean!?

: Stooooop! There's no bomb!
: You'll know if you just pick me up, see? All you'll feel is the soft weight of cotton.
: ...Hm, you are right.
: Then...where did Nagito obtain the bomb he used?
: I wonder...

: If I'm gonna give you guys a hint, then you should know it wasn't from the military base.
: To tell you the truth, the bombs there are all fakes!
: I-I know that already! You...should have said so earlier!

: Well, I thought if I kept quiet it would foreshadow that a killing was gonna happen. That's why I'm just now telling you for the first time! Phew! I feel relieved!

But if the bomb wasn't from the military base or this factory, then...he brought it from the Octagon.

: I must say, you have a good eye there, Sonia.
: Putting a bomb inside one of my plushies seems like a splendid idea.
: Let's try it! *leaves*

: Did I...say something I should not have said...?
: It's not your fault...don't worry about it.

: Before we leave here, let's go back into the warehouse for one sec.

: See, Akane's actually gone back in here herself.

: Hmm...
: What happened? Didn't you go to investigate somewhere else?
: There's somethin' at the back of my mind... I'm feelin' unsure about somethin'...
: What is it...?

: Didn't I just say it's at the back of my mind? That's why I can't explain it!
: The sound and the smells when we went inside here... It's just not clear...

She's the type to have something on her mind because of her gut feeling, huh... Akane's gut feeling... Previously, that feeling of hers helped us find a lot of things by accident... It's almost like some kind of...feral instinct.

: Hmmm...I have a weird feelin' about this...

: Time to move on to another location.

: Since it's on the same island, let's check the Military Base next.

: Let's check the trucks. Sonia said the bombs were here before.

A huge supply of guns and other firearms are stuffed into the truck bed...

: Ah, found it!
: ...Hm? What did you find?
: Well, that truck bed over there has guns in it, but I also found stuff like...

: ...A survival knife!?
: Wait, that's...

: Isn't that the same type of knife that was stabbed through Nagito's right hand?

: Which means...the killer obtained that knife here...
: So the killer is someone who visited this military base at least once!
: That's...everyone, though...
: No, not me! This is the first time I've been here!

That...sounds fishy...

When I tried looking through the truck bed...

: It's empty...nothing's here...

When I first came here, there was something on the truck bed, which means Sonia was telling the truth...

: And as I suspected...the bombs had disappeared. I thoroughly searched for them inside the military base, but the bombs were nowhere to be found.

But did Nagito know the bombs weren't real? It's possible that he thought they were the real thing...

: No, nevermind. He said as much in his video message.

: "So...? Were you surprised? Seriously...think about it. Do you really think there are enough bombs to blow up an entire island? Even if there were...a guy like me would never be able to use them."

He knew the bombs were fake. He only did what he did to weed out the traitor...

No...is that really it? Did Nagito only do that to expose the traitor? Maybe...there was a different motive behind his actions...

: And let's quickly talk to Kazuichi before we leave.

: Dammit...this dangerous place is the reason all this messed up stuff is happening...
: Leaving guns out in the open is totally dangerous! Seriously, they gotta take better care of these!

It's easy to say that...but there's no one on this island who can do that...

: Next, we have to go to Nezumi Castle.

: Fuyuhiko's investigating here too. Let's talk with him.

: Look at that wall of spears. I guess it's obvious where the weapon came from...

: He's right, there's something missing.

A spear with a flashy ornament on it is hanging from the wall... This spear...is definitely it, right?

: Just as I thought...it looks exactly like the spear that killed Nagito... The same whip-like cord is attached to the handle, and there's a weight at the end of it...
: Plus...it looks like one of the spears on the wall is missing. There's no mistaking it...the killer took one of the spears and used it as a weapon. ..."Spear of Gungnir," huh? Monokuma would totally come up with a lame name like that...
: But...why did the killer use the spear and a knife?
: Yeah, they could've just killed him with the knife, and it would've been easier too... There's no way a spear like this with this unnecessary cord thing on it would be easy to use...

Yeah, it definitely looks hard to wield... But still, they chose this spear for a reason. What could that reason be?

Music fades out.

: ...I feel a little tired...

No matter how much I investigate, I don't feel any closer to the truth... That's probably why I feel this way. I'm feeling this strange feeling that I've never felt before. As if Nagito is trying to make us suffer, even after he's died...

: ...Well, now's not the time to think about stupid things like that.

I haven't even investigated his cottage yet... It's too early to start complaining. If we investigate that place, we might be able to find some kind of clue.

...All right, let's go.

: The last place on our checklist of places to investigate is Nagito's cottage. Let's get going.

: Ah, is that...

: Looks like we weren't the only one interested in looking here.

: Ah, Hajime...
: Oh my, you want to go inside Nagito's room, too?

: I was just...listening to Chiaki's request. She wants me to unlock the door to Nagito's cottage because she really needs it for the class trial...
: She begged me to do it while she was licking my black eye.
: ...I didn't do that.
: Then do it! It's sweet cuz it's made out of black bean paste!
: Hey, we don't have time to mess around. Hurry up and unlock the drat door.

: Fine, fine, I guess I have no choice... I just gotta do *that*, right?
: Now then...
: Va-Va-Valuse!

*Creak!*

: Seeee, I've opened the door. You can freely investigate now! *leaves*

: This isn't my first time seeing that, but...why does the door open with a spell like that...?
: Maybe the cottage key is computerized?
: More importantly, let's go inside now that the door is open.
: Y-Yeah...you're right...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FPzero posted:

: Either way...it is "all gravy"!
: All gravy...? What the hell does that mean!?

I wonder if Sonia's homeland borders Luxendarc.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

'As if Nagito is trying to make us suffer even after he died'

Nagito's current character in a nutshell.

There is more to him sure, but Hajime sums it up perfectly.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Of course there'd be a real bomb in the Octagon! :argh:

The one place Nagito had access to that no one else does!

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

EponymousMrYar posted:

Yes, the place filled with all kinds of murder weapons had a murder weapon in it. Not sure why you’re surprised.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I don't have enough information to put together any wild theories of what happened yet and I had forgotten about the Octagon in the meantime :shobon:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

EponymousMrYar posted:

I still find it difficult to believe that the Ultimate game player never made her way into the secret room with it's life or death game.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Gorilla Salad posted:

I still find it difficult to believe that the Ultimate game player never made her way into the secret room with it's life or death game.

The ultimate game player stopped Hajime from going, saying it was Monokuma's trap.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do wonder where he got the bomb from, but that's kind of a minor mystery at this point. He got enough accelerant to fill up those fire grenades. Or someone did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Pushing to new page

• Locked thread