Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Mario Odyssey is just an odd choice to LP to me, Woolie hunting every single coin aside. It’s definitely a game that’s a lot more fun to play than it is to watch/comment on.

Plus no Pat, no sale. I love Matt & Woolie but Pat’s the juice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wow I totally forgot the homeless guy. You've got to go to David Cage games depictions this Ripe.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm finally listening to Pat's Swolecast and I don't think he has learned about the wonders of barbell squats aka hell on earth.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Glad pat is in the bully lp so he can give a reminder of the mechanics to matt

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Depths posted:

Glad pat is in the bully lp so he can give a reminder of the mechanics to matt

Seriously, I want to see how Matt plays video games on his own when he seems to have some kind of narcolepsy.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Bully makes me so uncomfortable. :ohdear:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think the LP tax just hits Matt particularly hard. He's not really taking time to absorb game mechanics / instructions. I'm pretty sure those Bully minigames took me a fuckup or two to understand what was going on.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Oxyclean posted:

I think the LP tax just hits Matt particularly hard. He's not really taking time to absorb game mechanics / instructions.

That's how every live commentary LP ever is

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

That's how every live commentary LP ever is

and they are all worse for it

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the dedication to dragging woolie's chemical poo poo is still good

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
lmao pat's reaction to weapon lord

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

the dedication to dragging woolie's chemical poo poo is still good

it's way stronger than making up things about him or jokes that turn out to actually make him uncomfortable because it's an actual dumb opinion he has

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It took repeated explanations over 17 episodes but Woolie finally figured out the long jump, good for him

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, people are real mad about what games Jim Sterling likes in that new Bully video.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RareAcumen posted:

Man, people are real mad about what games Jim Sterling likes in that new Bully video.

the best friends community actually sucks huge amounts of poo poo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Do you mean youtube comments? Because you shouldn't be reading youtube comments

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

They keep missing some of the real good weird incidental dialogue

Like Gary talking about how he keeps imagining himself at the head of a large empire

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

RareAcumen posted:

Jim Sterling is great and I'm glad SBFs like him

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Do you mean youtube comments? Because you shouldn't be reading youtube comments

Of course I mean youtube comments. And I keep reading them on their videos because most of the time they're funny. I found the LA Noire and Mr. Shakedown themed jokes hilarious.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

RareAcumen posted:

Of course I mean youtube comments. And I keep reading them on their videos because most of the time they're funny. I found the LA Noire and Mr. Shakedown themed jokes hilarious.

In what universe are those comments from? One where people don't make jokes about throwing leftists out of helicopters Pinochet-style?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

In what universe are those comments from? One where people don't make jokes about throwing leftists out of helicopters Pinochet-style?

The difference here is that your standards aren't as low as mine.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I feel like if Pat was the co-pilot for Mark Echo, the LP would've been half as long

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Neo_Crimson posted:

That one guy who just made the same LOL HELICOPTERS RITE comment for like 60 videos needs to be kicked in the jewels.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

god drat I just want as much bully as possible

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I made a comment on a KOTOR video about how weird and lovely the Mission comments were getting and thirty minutes later had a racist, homophobic screed on the one video on my youtube account from a guy whose user name was the islamic anti-messiah

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Blockhouse posted:

I made a comment on a KOTOR video about how weird and lovely the Mission comments were getting and thirty minutes later had a racist, homophobic screed on the one video on my youtube account from a guy whose user name was the islamic anti-messiah

Every single social media comment I read about the 49ers football win today was about how Colin Kaepernik has finally been rightfully vanquished for hating America and also always being bad at football, usually with strong racial overtones involving near worship of Tom Brady for training The Great White Hope Jimmy Garrapolo. This is the world we live in now.

Thank god the Best Friends are Canadian.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

known post-racial society of Canada, which experiences no bleedover from the superpower next door to it or the anglophone world in general, especially these three dudes who work on the internet

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Rodyle posted:

known post-racial society of Canada, which experiences no bleedover from the superpower next door to it or the anglophone world in general, especially these three dudes who work on the internet

So do you ever post anything that isn't either dumb as hell or a brutal self own?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

So do you ever post anything that isn't either dumb as hell or a brutal self own?

that is neither of those things

the idea canada is somehow free of racial inequality or crazy bigots is silly especially loving Quebec

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

You're just....maximally awful at reading comprehension, huh?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

the idea canada is somehow free of racial inequality or crazy bigots is silly especially loving Quebec

In fact they've literally discussed both Racism Classic and Quebec's own weird as hell English vs French wars on many occasions.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i think sanguinia meant they have no reason to talk about the nfl because theyre canadian

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Blockhouse posted:

I didn't mean to imply that, I'm just glad they're Canadian because Canada is relatively politically and societaly stable right now compared to Great Britain and The US, which are the three countries I get the bulk of my entertainment from. The current troubles are almost impossible to escape even in entertainment when it comes to the other two, while most of the Canadians who make stuff I watch are keeping themselves and their work as insulated as possible, and it's a relief for me. I would have said the same thing about Japan for that matter, and I lived in Japan for a year, I know how racist and awful they can be first hand.

EDIT: Also yeah, the lack of Football talk specifically in any foreign media I watch is hella nice given how things have gone in that realm this year.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, I kinda wish they'd bring that 'Pay me' joke from the Twilight Princess LP, considering how Jimmy is motivated either via money or blackmail so far.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Man, I kinda wish they'd bring that 'Pay me' joke from the Twilight Princess LP, considering how Jimmy is motivated either via money or blackmail so far.

Hero of Pay Me is one of the best running jokes in anything.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Woolie talking about how cringey weebs can be before going full on anime fan for the Bowser Kingdom is a nice case of pot and kettle. :allears:

E: oh god, finally dawned on me that Matt is trying to ask Woolie what he wants for christmas.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 25, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Woolie talking about how cringey weebs can be before going full on anime fan for the Bowser Kingdom is a nice case of pot and kettle. :allears:

Someone immediately sent him his rant on Shimon

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Watching the Hidden Agenda Paige stream where Paige's friend showed up.
Pat: I can't believe Paige has a Virgil
Paige's Friend: what's that?
Pat: (defeated) oh... uh... it's a long story...

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'll never get over the Mario intro.

also wow Matt dropping an antifa super soldier joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I vaguely remember something about Pat not knowing what a salad is, does anyone else remember this? If not then there was a conversation about dressing and he kept talking about mustard so I thought there was a 'I say dressing, you say condiments' mix-up going on.

Rodyle posted:

I'll never get over the Mario intro.

also wow Matt dropping an antifa super soldier joke

Krang T. Nelson has been consistently funny every tweet I've come across (though that's not very many in all honesty)