Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Are they going to give us a unit for Christmas

Masked Marth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
New legendary hero probably coming up. Whether they'll be free like Fjorm is another question

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I wonder what they mean by Legendary Hero

A new OC like Fjorm?

A FE character (an old one or a new one) with a blessing attached to them?

Make Alphonse, Shareena, and Anna summons with blessings attached to them?

Or maybe make Loki or that other lady on the enemy side summons?

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 25, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Loki with 1% rate, no percent increaser

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

New legendary hero probably coming up. Whether they'll be free like Fjorm is another question

I'd be surprised if they gave us another legendary hero for free.
Fjorm just seems like a safe introduction to blessings and seasons for new players, plus a nice free 5* to help with assorted content. You got your freebie now give into the gacha

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm standing by my speculation that the first round of legendary heroes will all be OC princesses

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'd love to see the starters get refined weapons and legendary status for the remaining elements.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
legendary earth hero will be the skeevy rear end "old man" robin option, the one with the widows peak and the creases in his temples

i mean i always play as him but he looks so highly suspect

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Emalde posted:

Masked Marth

A good unit

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Agreed, as good as Lucina

edit:

Speaking of which, would giving Lucina Brazen Atk/Spd make her competitive?

I feel like that skill gives bigger bonuses than Fury of LaD without the downside of chip damage or -6 to def and res and you can get below 80% after a fight or Ardent Sacrifice

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 25, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I run darting blow on her and I'm happy with it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lucina is still good, just that other red sword are better. Like Joshua who's free and is immediately +1 metgable.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Brazen skills are bad for arena because you effectively have no A skill in your first fight, and the first fight is more important than your subsequent fights since you want to whittle down the enemy numbers as fast as you can. Ardent Sacrifice is really fiddly too since it forces her to be ineffective until someone else has taken combat, and using Ardent Sacrifice has the opportunity cost of losing Reposition.

It's definitely good in chain-battle modes like TT or CC tho, since you can squeeze much more value out of it

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Tae posted:

Lucina is still good, just that other red sword are better. Like Joshua who's free and is immediately +1 metgable.

If we're talking free swords Masked Marth is a much better one than Josh, Josh's stats are really mediocre and Audhulma is already outclassed by Slaying Edge. Even with like -Atk or -Spd Lucina would be better than Josh too, 30/35 offenses with no IVs is really nothing to talk about

Unless you give him Distant Counter that huge Res isn't really relevant either beyond being a niche Fae/Tiki check for AA

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Brazen Atk/Spd is good on Lyn.

It also works on Wary Fighter units who can take a single blow and then have the boosts up for the rest of the map.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I hope they give us the other bad guy hero who isn't loki or angry axe guy (I can't remember her name) because she is a cutie pie

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I'm tempted to give Brazen Atk/Spd to FCorrin since she really, really wants both stats

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I hope they give us the other bad guy hero who isn't loki or angry axe guy (I can't remember her name) because she is a cutie pie

Laevateinn is the fire hero in my OC princesses theory

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Her name sounds like a water type though

It doesn't matter, I'll probably never spend my blessings due to how rare they are

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

the english website has some voice clips that would make sense for Loki, Surtr and Laevataeinn eventually being playable. Sounds like Laevateinn was basically raised to be a weapon so that's primo join & find your true self arc material

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Laevateinn was the one with the bladesword, right? I like blades, that would be neat

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Merry Christmas, I got a +HP -ATK Winter Chrom!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

It doesn't matter, I'll probably never spend my blessings due to how rare they are

She's the princess of the fire kingdom though

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Laevateinn is the name of Loki's staff/sword/whatever in Norse mythology. The Branch of Destruction. It has nothing to do with water.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Clarste posted:

Laevateinn is the name of Loki's staff/sword/whatever in Norse mythology. The Branch of Destruction. It has nothing to do with water.

I'm guessing the assumption is because the spelling is kinda similar to Leviathan. But no, Laevateinn definitely has nothing to do with Water.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Lyn would not be the worst candidate for double close defense......

Catastrophe90
Apr 18, 2016
Welp thanks for the orb and the 100 feathers IS. 'Tis the season of giving indeed.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Tomorrow is the Christmas reset in some time zones, they might still give us a present

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
which time zones alaska and hawaii lmao

Catastrophe90 posted:

Welp thanks for the orb and the 100 feathers IS. 'Tis the season of giving indeed.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

*giving within reason, please respect that we have a limited seasonal banner running at this time

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

The White Dragon posted:

*giving within reason, please respect that we have a limited seasonal banner running at this time

Yoooo hawaii

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
West coast resets at 11:00 pm, it's still Christmas eve here

Catastrophe90
Apr 18, 2016

The White Dragon posted:

TBH my only expectation was for them to add a "Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays" message on the message board lol

I'll gladly have IS prove me wrong though.

Edit: I forgot about the 2 orbs from the daily maps!

Catastrophe90 fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 25, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Christmas is dead

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
4.5% pity rate on the christmas banner, still looking for the first dumb bloated armor. Sanaki (-def +res) broke the pity rate once already at 4.0

Four reds and one colorless. I guess a Tharja is fine even if she looks silly.

Fir
Draug
Raigh
Sophia

Jesus. That's no Tharja but the red garbage all stars. I know I shouldn't but I'll do the 3 orb pull to up the pity rate more.

Jaffar

Fat armor dream is dead.

Although that Jaffar is +spd -res and the mountain dew upgrade gives no counter even if it is only vs tomes. Big fan of no counter with the content we're having lately.
I also gave Sanaki R tomebreaker so with that massive res she can be anti-red and green mage.

I guess this is fine too.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Worst comes to worst, you have Life and Death 3 fodder. There are far worst ways for colourless hell to break a pity rate.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
People say Jaffar is good now with windswept.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
id love if we had laeveteinn and her bladetome effect sword

she'd be delthea's BFFL

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
still sad that I don't have 7 lyn counters

I got like... 3

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Tired Moritz posted:

still sad that I don't have 7 lyn counters

I got like... 3

They're pretty easy to cook up, most of the decent ones aren't even exclusive. The only real cost is your TA3 and requisite Raventome.

4*: M/F!Robin, Boey, Sophia, Cecilia, Tharja
5*: Leo, PA!Inigo, PA!Shigure, S!Lucina, S!Camilla (somewhat tenuous), and the seasonal armor 2-range nerds (all of whom likely don't even need TA3 or Raventome)

and then ofc there's the proactive solutions of Reinhardt/Olwen and Mathilda.

But Our Boy Roy tends to be somewhat elusive, so that does become a problem, on top of some other units (dancers) also wanting to get their hands on that juicy A-slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Selena also gives Triangle Adept