Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
BUTTS

The Discord's going absolutely crazy. It's awesome.

I had no OSB's before this. Now I can build a dark team around Kuja and Sephiroth and any elemental team around Butz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Nothing groundbreaking, but I think I have a complete Squall now. And I drew Pecil BSB2 yesterday, so it's tank time for FF4. A fine pull on baby RNGesus' birthday.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I got so excited when I saw four disco balls pop up...

...all but the Ragnarok are dupes. On the plus side, I'm one step closer to completing Agrias. Just need her USB now.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Got kain's bsb yesterday too. Sometimes the gacha gods are kind.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

1/11 :( but hey, it's Rikku USB so that's pretty good, right? ...right?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Daynab posted:

1/11 :( but hey, it's Rikku USB so that's pretty good, right? ...right?

Its literally one of the best USBs in the game. You hit gold.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

NGDBSS posted:

Both XP dungeons have a higher rate of return. In particular the + dungeon gives out 588K per stage, or even more if you get a Magic Pot.

I just did it today and got 645K on the first stage with a pot. I don't think Sunday was boosted.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Always pull.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ceaselessfuture posted:

never ever pull, ever

this should be illegal.

ANYWAY 3/11 no dupes, Aeris USB and Tifa and Raines OSBs, the latter of which really really really makes me regret not having his BSB

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Squall USB dupe, Aphmau USB, and Rydia USB.

Oh well. Instant Cast spreader is nice, even if I have too many healer USBs as it is.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
3/11, Kain USB (dupe), Hope OSB (dupe), and Celes OSB.

Welp there goes all my hopes and dreams.

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
3/11, Fran USB and Cyan USBx2, neither dupes. Was a little bummed to see the same relic twice, but two new USBs for 25 mythril is a bargain.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Garland just shot up to the top of my MC3 priority list. :syoon: That is one sexy CSB.

Bruceski posted:

I just did it today and got 645K on the first stage with a pot. I don't think Sunday was boosted.
Sunday was definitely boosted compared to other days, as with one pot yesterday you'd get ~780K XP instead (as opposed to the above 645K). Or without a pot, on regular days you'd get ~480K per wave (instead of 588K). The net result is that all days are good for XP, but Sunday is even better.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

I did good. Rune Tooth and Saintly Excalibur are dupes, but this is still pretty cool.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Got a Noel USB, Relm USB, and Edward USB. Nothing game changing, but still a good pull.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I feel like Dena gave a lot of us socks for Christmas.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Randabis posted:

I feel like Dena gave a lot of us socks for Christmas.

Coal for some of us. At least socks would be useful.

Oxybeles
Feb 1, 2013
DenaClaus had me on the nice list this year...

Oxybeles fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Dec 25, 2017

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Alphinaud usb is good right

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Aw yeah, two new USB for characters that I like. :stoked:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Attestant posted:

Aw yeah, two new USB for characters that I like. :stoked:

my jealousy is boundless

they better give us some free mythril so I can pull on ff12 again guilt-free

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

no dupes, my first white mage USB, and a useful ice imperil. Good stuff.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
3 Disco Balls

Squall's Icebrand
Edea's Rising Sun
Edgar's Enchanced Bioblaster

Ice Ice Baby

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I scrounged around for some dark orbs so I could make a R2 Dread Weapon for Gabranth. Took him to the U++ Demon Wall fight and his Dread Weapon casts did 8.5k x4 after his USB.

Hatred is what drives this bus.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

BGrifter posted:

Coal for some of us. At least socks would be useful.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I got Mogs USB and Fangs OSB

Mogs USB looks really good but kinda difficult to slot in on what is essentially a healer character??

Maybe better as an RW?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

BGrifter posted:

Make 100% sure you have 25 mythril for the banner tomorrow. It's guaranteed to have either a USB, Chain or OSB on every pull.

Is that active now? What's it called exactly?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

ceaselessfuture posted:

Arg, too bad you didn't start a few days ago so you could really leverage the three luckies!

Yes, you're going to want to do the Holiday Lucky Relic Draw Phase 3 (and the Phase 2 right now if you have 50 Mythril).

The banners you should absolutely not roll on for any reason are the Newcomers' Welcome Relic Draw Banners, which are three banners at the bottom of the list representing FFVII, X, and XIII. These are absolute trash.

Other than that, run Realm dungeons for more Mythril and stamina, and also the current FFXII event, Unswayed by Phantoms. You won't be able to get very far in it, but the first few levels are negative-challenge even for a newbie, and you'll be able to rack up a few more Mythril and characters.

When you're starting out, use any character you get relics for, no matter who it is. You should be able to utilize Thunder God Cid as a Realm Warrior in order to chump a good deal of content in order to get the rewards. Go here: https://friends-ffrk.com/ and search for the Soul Break "Thunder God" and add as many to your friends list as possible. After you do that, you can steamroll through content and acquire Souls of Heroes for unlocking specific characters you get relics for.

Other than that, keep asking us questions and good luck! Post your 6* lucky draw results here or in Discord and we'll tell you what to do! :D

TLDR: If you can get 50 Mythril in the next 10 minutes, roll on both. If not, SLAM Phase 3 ASAP.

I got soul king X for jecht, I might get another 50 tonight via newbie content? Should I roll phase 3 again?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Decided to pull despite the chance of Ragnarok/11

Couldn’t quite escape getting a dupe(Durandal is now maxed), but the other two are new and are cool!

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Washout posted:

I got soul king X for jecht, I might get another 50 tonight via newbie content? Should I roll phase 3 again?

We all would throw every piece of mythril we had on it if it wasn't one time pull only.

The actual fest banners start soon, try to get some rolls on Phase 1, 3, 4 or 5 whichever strikes your fancy.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Washout posted:

Is that active now? What's it called exactly?

That one. Roll on it. My roll was crap but 6* guaranteed is the best banner you’ll probably ever see.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I got 4 USBs:
Cloud
Rosa (dupe)
Vivi
Hope

Pretty drat good!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I got

Rosa USB (dupe)
Yda USB
Zidane USB

:seemsgood:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
1/11. Vivi usb. My other fire magic things are Terra osb and Krile bsb. Not sure that's enough for a magic fire team? My phys fire is better.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Charles Bukowski posted:

1/11. Vivi usb. My other fire magic things are Terra osb and Krile bsb. Not sure that's enough for a magic fire team? My phys fire is better.

Vivi usb IS the magic fire team. With his full legend dive he can triple cast meltdowns

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
1/11 - Setzer USB

Nothing amazing, and not great for magicite. But I'm happy to see all these good pulls everyome else is grabbing this Christmas :toot:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
3/11

OK Armor(dupe)
Aeris USB
Ashe USB

Nice! Dont mind a dupe of that armor, Aeris(her proper name) USB is an upgrade for FF7 heal, and Ashe USB is brand new!! And I already had her dived even. I could already get him in under 30 now Bismarck is really making GBS threads his whale pants.

Dont know whether Ill pull on the fire banner.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Dec 25, 2017

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
3/11

Cid Raines OSB
Aerith USB
Edward USB

No dupes and I have Cid's BSB so he appreciates the extra power and more options are nice but I definitely was for something a little more game changing.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

3/11

Warrior of Light OSB (dupe, somehow)
Jecht OSB
Kain USB

So how's that last one? Worth a look in a Lightning Team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Alxprit posted:

So how's that last one? Worth a look in a Lightning Team?

100% absolutely. His USB means that all jump attacks are instant-cast for as long as the USB buff is active. Mixed with Blood of the Wyvern (or the later Cyclone Bolt skill, or his BSB Command 1) that means you're popping out Lightning Dives as quickly as you get turns.

• Locked thread