Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Zargabaath, Trance Terra and Duke in my ticket this morning. That's pretty loving cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Nothing quite like doing a 10+1 summon and only getting trash to be welcomed back to this game.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Whaaaat Absolute Zero has quick hit frames!? Thats loving amazing

e-It does not apparently

Absolute Zero: 40-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5
Quick Hit: 22-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-20

Not exact, but close enough for government work.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

Absolute Zero: 40-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5
Quick Hit: 22-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-20

Not exact, but close enough for government work.

Here's a list of 5* people with normal 5 frame delay moves:

2B (R050: Spear) 22,5,5,5,5,5
A2 (Heal Combo) 35,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5
K. Delita (Thunder) 42,5,5,5,5,5
Orlandu (Thunder) 42,5,5,5,5,5
Prishe (Raging Fists) 2,5,5,5,5,5,5,5

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I got Ayaka number 3. Hopefully her stmr is really good I guess.

E: did a “gently caress it” pull - got Cloud and Roy.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Merry Christmas to me I guess.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

The man called M posted:

What’s the :goonsay: on Loren? Got her from my 10+1 ticket.

Has fullbreak+ so one of the few units that dont use two of thier turns casting breaks. She has a chaining skill with blade prison and her limit break unlocks two more chains and a finisher, and at max level inflicts a 74% wind and lightning imperil. Unfortuantely without some chain macros shes near impossible to perfect chain with outside of copies. I have one all leveled up if you ever need a parner for it.

Also ignore the other guy, its a bis tm for a lot of units where they want the acc slot for something other then genji glove

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Loren & onion guy can do some good wind chains, plus you get wind imperil from lorens lb. Downside is its locked behind a lb.

As someone that started over recently, loren is a good budget/starter unit. Innate dual wield, dual wield tm, chains and finishers, and kinda sorta chains with lots of people.

Acelerion fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Dec 25, 2017

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I finally got a rainbow in a 10+1!

A third Ring of the Lucil is always great!

The other 10, though, woof. That is a dire bunch of units.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
10+1 ticket was garbage. Grace and a bunch of blues.
Bought some of the bundles to get some tickets, got a rainbow and it was Kryla #2.
Did a 10+1 on the banner and yet more junk.

Sigh, I just don’t think Christine wants to join me.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I love that they reset the bundles in the shop so we can all see how crappy the holiday deals are by comparison.

Edit: D. Fina on my 10+1. First one, and her tm is good so sureee

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 25, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

10+1: Gold Sozhe #7. The rest were blue repeats. Sazh #16 was my best, getting me closer to his 10-Sided Die.

Daily Half, however, was my SECOND Daily Half Rainbow. I got VOTD. Merry Christmas to me!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Got Fohlen on my 10+1. 2 Type-0 and my 2nd Beach Fina this week

I called this in Discord the other day, but ended up with a Tinker Carrie...

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Two rainbows in my 10+1!

Delita, and .... Knight Delita

To the earth shrine with y'all. I need to finish three Goromu TMRs and get some high damage Lightning element chainers together. Been part of the plan for a while since I happen to want to keep using Olive if possible. Isn't there a nice Lightning katana too? hrm...

Thinking about getting the Mythril Chest for a last ditch hail mary effort at Christine but I am no whale, it's a fool's errand. The moogle and the +30% have me skewing the real value considerably. I could get my Ring of Lucii 10% sooner... (don't do it self, don't spend money on a god drat gacha game)

Agreed fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 25, 2017

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Farming candy canes just feels like the dumbest thing I've ever done in this game.

Trash on my 10+1, shadow cyan bedile level crap. stupid.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So are we not getting the three 5k lapis draws?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
gently caress this god drat ice bird

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
10+1 got me Rem #3, which is ok, I think her stmr was pretty good!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Tengames posted:

Also ignore the other guy, its a bis tm for a lot of units where they want the acc slot for something other then genji glove

It’s just in a weird place because it’s limited to sword, GS, katana and dagger and there is a surprising amount of overlap with that specific gear selection and innate DW. Basically not having spears on there hurts it a decent amount. But anyone that uses those weapon types as their optimal and doesn’t have innate DW, it’s usually BIS. Going with the closest comparison (of, actually, a unit that doesn’t exist) - 191 base atk, Genji and (40% atk materia) is 95 atk. Swapping to Loren’s TM and Desch’s earring is 101 atk. And the gap only gets bigger, in favor of Loren’s TM, as you lower the base atk of the unit.

Orlandu - +7 atk
DV - +10 atk

And so on.

Mostly, though, the reason people complain about it - katanas kinda suck in general right now and we got the shaft on swords in global. But this is all super min-max-y stuff. If you don’t have a Genji glove it’s basically an auto-equip on anyone that would use it.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

So.... no 15,000 lapis super mega guaranteed 5* pulls?

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Still sitting at only one rainbow pulled in however many 10+1 tickets we've gotten. Plus however many 5000 lapis pulls I've done.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Agreed posted:

Two rainbows in my 10+1!

Delita, and .... Knight Delita

To the earth shrine with y'all. I need to finish three Goromu TMRs and get some high damage Lightning element chainers together. Been part of the plan for a while since I happen to want to keep using Olive if possible. Isn't there a nice Lightning katana too? hrm...

Thinking about getting the Mythril Chest for a last ditch hail mary effort at Christine but I am no whale, it's a fool's errand. The moogle and the +30% have me skewing the real value considerably. I could get my Ring of Lucii 10% sooner... (don't do it self, don't spend money on a god drat gacha game)

the guromu TMR is the lightning weapon you're thinking of. unless you're thinking of the lightning katana you can craft but its only 60 atk.

my 10+1 gave me a reberta which i guess is all right since i have veritas of the heavens tmr already but she seems like she has the same problem chaining as aileen (moving before attacking) so i guess she's only good for the odd dragon we need to kill? no reason to level her TMR so at least i can max her unlike the knight delita i got recently.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Mile'ionaha posted:

So.... no 15,000 lapis super mega guaranteed 5* pulls?

I thought the trust moogle with a 5000 pull was all we got. So I did.

Didn't get poo poo, so i hope there's no 5 star guaranteed pull.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

global is a different game, you see. 5* guaranteed banners would warp the metagame.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ugato posted:

It’s just in a weird place because it’s limited to sword, GS, katana and dagger and there is a surprising amount of overlap with that specific gear selection and innate DW. Basically not having spears on there hurts it a decent amount. But anyone that uses those weapon types as their optimal and doesn’t have innate DW, it’s usually BIS. Going with the closest comparison (of, actually, a unit that doesn’t exist) - 191 base atk, Genji and (40% atk materia) is 95 atk. Swapping to Loren’s TM and Desch’s earring is 101 atk. And the gap only gets bigger, in favor of Loren’s TM, as you lower the base atk of the unit.

Orlandu - +7 atk
DV - +10 atk

And so on.

Mostly, though, the reason people complain about it - katanas kinda suck in general right now and we got the shaft on swords in global. But this is all super min-max-y stuff. If you don’t have a Genji glove it’s basically an auto-equip on anyone that would use it.

7* makes an even more pronounced difference, since Orlandu/Beatrix et all get equipment attack buffs as passives while dual wielding but have no innate dual wield so its more important to use raw attack accessories than a genji glove if possible.

Poor loving Gilgamesh, his accessory being phased out and him mysteriously passed off from promotion to 7*

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

7* makes an even more pronounced difference, since Orlandu/Beatrix et all get equipment attack buffs as passives while dual wielding but have no innate dual wield so its more important to use raw attack accessories than a genji glove if possible.

Poor loving Gilgamesh, his accessory being phased out and him mysteriously passed off from promotion to 7*

Gilgamesh will be in the upcoming 7* batch, according to the latest jp announcement. Along with duke, ayaka, and gladious

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7m05in/jp_maint_new_7_batch_malboro_trial_alexander/

Also Alexander is the newest esper!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean yeah but he was one of the first 5*s in the game and had to wait till batch 3 to get his which is weird as gently caress. I can understand Ayaka but Gilgamesh?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, he was one of my earliest and he's a pretty likable character, so the poo poo treatment he gets in both versions of the game is kinda weird.
Him and Zarg are my only 7* candidates at the moment.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I pulled a Fohlen today too. Does he have any use these days?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
He's just kinda dodgy. He gets enhancements eventually and given he's inherently weaker than Tidus and Aileen, I think it shouldn't be too far off.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Story 4 is out, reward is 500 lapis for 1500 candy canes.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

BDawg posted:

I use two of him in Arena. He comes with standard 10 frames on his Sonic Blast and his vortex is a surprisingly good AoE move since it simultaneously imperils wind and imbues him with wind. He's also really tanky for a DPS unit.

Outside of Arena, he's not very useful for anything other than Bahamut exploration since he gets a reduce encounter passive

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I use mine as my Wind Imperil and some chaining.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Cagnazzo and Mystea are boss as gently caress. I feel like I wasted resources enhancing WOL's tanking today (I know it'll be handy, though, he brings a lot to the fight). Glacial and the Bloody Moon can't do poo poo to my party, they're a total wall. I only have 40 hp of pots in Mystea and nothing in Cagnazzo too.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Agreed posted:

Cagnazzo and Mystea are boss as gently caress. I feel like I wasted resources enhancing WOL's tanking today (I know it'll be handy, though, he brings a lot to the fight). Glacial and the Bloody Moon can't do poo poo to my party, they're a total wall. I only have 40 hp of pots in Mystea and nothing in Cagnazzo too.

How do you have their gear & materia kitted out?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Agreed posted:

The pair is pretty much perfect for Marlboro too, so you know they're good when they can tank that clusterfuck of a fight.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
I pulled a Dark Fina on my 10+1 today. On the one hand I finally pulled a rainbow on a 10+1. On the other hand, Dark Fina is garbage.

:negative:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

My gear is inconsistent w/ em. Cagnazzo and her are both using two Toughness each, which is merely 10% hp and 10% spr. I'm cooking more defensive TMRs now, I got a team full of obliterate-'em strong attackers but only one materia with 30% HP. Mystea is using it, rest of their HP Materia are from the Nier event.

Notably I have Cloud's Uniform on Cagnazzo 'cause +500 hp is rad. I did pull Knight Delita today so I guess one day that'll be Grand Armor, but for now A2 is going to have to go back to the Brave Suit 'cause hot drat. I have Carbon Bangle and Frozen Crown on Mystea. Another notable TMR is Mystea has the Rainbow Robe from Marie. I wish I pulled 3 Maries or more - what a robe!

Their relevant stats are:

Cagnazzo
HP 7794
Def 359
Spr 234

Mystea
HP 7541
Def 251
Spr 441

And I forgot to bring any form of global damage reduction and BM and his apostles -still- can't do poo poo. Granted I am rolling with enhanced Marie and mine and a friend GLS as well as Tillith in my party, so I have four units in this fight that can protect against statuses (Mystea even covers stop, right?) as well as two status clearers (Marie holds Rikku's Pouch and a Ribbon) and three units with debuff protection. GLS is a powerhouse for this point in the game IMO with all she can do - any time I use her, I'm getting my defensive buffs from her, getting status protection and debuff protection from her, and getting reraise when needed too, as long as I can sacrifice the damage output that turn.

I still use Healing Staff on Marie for off healing since she commonly has free turns, and between Love You All+2, her 2xCura and Tillith's Prism Heal I'm getting about one Ayaka's Curaja worth of healing per turn, plus 50 MP, and of course the resists etc. May I one day pull a 5* healer, but my team seems to be taking care of business lately.

I really think it's just great unit synergy for them, they're right on top of the meta right now IMO. Cagnazzo's lowish stats for a tank are offset by the 60% damage reduction he gets. These two are even good against ambushes since Cagnazzo has significant innate draw and Mystea will pretty quickly cover anyone receiving magic damage, which was helpful in the Glacial fight.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 26, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

BDawg posted:

He's a dodge tank that does decent damage. He chains well with Pod-153 users and Reberta.

If you can sustain his MP you can build up a lot of dodge stacks while chaining.

HGH posted:

The pair is pretty much perfect for Marlboro too, so you know they're good when they can tank that clusterfuck of a fight.

B-b-b-but they're not Marboro Killers!

It's good that they put up that video though. I have all those characters... EXCEPT AYAKA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
My 10+1 ticket gave me my first Rubicante and a bunch of dupes. :confuoot:

Dana Crysalis posted:

Holy wow, jackpot.

So Christine isn't just "Ice Trance Terra", though the fact she perfect chains with TT is amazing. She also chains with Tidus (Absolute Zero), and any of the Orlandu family (Ice Shards). She works with SO MANY people.

And since she's an element, unlike Terra, it means her chains will ramp up that much faster too.

• Locked thread