Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
So we're doing reruns from earlier in the thread, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

tactlessbastard posted:

So we're doing reruns from earlier in the thread, then?

Production budget all tapped out for this year. Big comeback mid-January, though.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Production budget all tapped out for this year. Big comeback mid-January, though.

No no no. Everyone will be lit and posting horribly stupid things for New Years.

And hopefully for Chinese New Years a little later.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

:allears: That’s a beautifully deep cut.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Lifehack: Taste things before loading them down with salt to lessen your dependence upon salt. Your heart will thank you.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Listen.

My heart can go gently caress itself. It doesn't even have a particularly good rhythm!

Also your body can handle processing salt, unless you've got a medical disease.

Screaming Idiot posted:

If your heart walks without rhythm, it won't attract the heartworm. And when it comes to tasty spice alternatives, my weapon of choice is Mrs. Dash with a sprinkle of MSG.

Edit: I say this as a fat boy trying to get slim.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

volcultsmer posted:

This doggo starts the "find the ball" quest chain.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's just a fetch quest, it's not that great.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

veni veni veni posted:

gently caress! Why?! That can't have even been an accident.

Korgan posted:

Don't leave your gun cocked

Powered Descent posted:

Not to worry, thats what the decocking lever is for.

Funzo posted:

Looks like that guy already used it.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

And that's why they call it ballistics

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Dick Trauma posted:

“PUT PAPERCLIP THROUGH URETHRA AND PUNCTURED THROUGH THE SHAFT OF PENIS”

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Breakfast All Day posted:

one horse open slay

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dick Trauma posted:

“PUT PAPERCLIP THROUGH URETHRA AND PUNCTURED THROUGH THE SHAFT OF PENIS”

A fresh idea, using paperclips, but I prefer the staples of the genre.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

SoldadoDeTone posted:

My dad has alzheimers disease, and he asked me five times if I wanted a pair of shoes he was getting rid of. Each time I told him that my feet were too small and he'd ask me if my dick was that small, too.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

from the same discussion:

Alaois posted:

The blue-ringed octopus, despite its small size, carries enough venom to kill twenty-six adult humans within minutes. Their bites are tiny and often painless, with many victims not realizing they have been envenomated until respiratory depression and paralysis start to set in.[7] No blue-ringed octopus antivenom is available yet, making it one of the deadliest reef inhabitants in the ocean.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The blue-ringed octopus' bite causes paralysis which usually leads to death by suffocation because your diaphragm stops working and there's no antivenom so the only treatment is to keep doing CPR on the victim (even though they won't respond at all) until they can be transported to a hospital and put on a ventilator.

later...

Indecisive posted:

poo poo being dead owns i guess, where do i sign up

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

This reminded me of Little House on the Prairie where Albert, the adopted son, gets hooked on morphine and is dragged into the wilderness by Michael Landon's Pa Ingalls in a two-parter that ends with them praying and screaming in the rain. Can't recall if this is before or after he leaves a burning cigarette behind that ends up torching the blind school, which kills a series regular and a baby in the process. This was definitely after his pregnant romantic interest is revealed to have been raped, blamed by her father for tempting the rapist, then dying in Albert's arms when she falls off a ladder trying to escape her rapist though. Little House was a hosed up show.

mind the walrus posted:

Holy gently caress this is Little House on the Prairie? I always thought it was about like, a little girl in pigtails watching goats fart while she milked them then telling poppa.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
A Mac owner outs themselves.

Sagebrush posted:

It's true. The links in a quote that you can use to jump back to the original post. They don't work any more. At least on my computers.

Why?

Please fix it. tia

akadajet posted:

There's a jquery "delegate" event handler set on page links that is blocking them from working.

Not sure what it's supposed to do, but you can unregister it in the console with
code:
$(document).undelegate('td.postbody a', 'click');
And then the links work like normal again.
I threw it in a tampermonkey script because I was tired of not being able to click those links.

Arrhythmia posted:

How on earth do I do this.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + K
Chrome: Ctrl + Shift + J

copy and paste code snippet into the area that shows up, hopefully you're not on mobile like a non-power user

akadajet posted:

That's a weird way to type cmd + option + i

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

yes you've told me you're vegan already

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

maskenfreiheit posted:

lol if you thinki have the mental capacity to remember all the women who've turned down sex with me, i use that space to remember pokemon stats and which gas stations have nice bathrooms

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

food court bailiff posted:

I had a severe allergic reaction last night and I was catching up on this thread as my bronchial tubes closed up and I was trying desperately not to die but then I read Samizdata's unending rant and the will to live fled my body like a freed bird. I am genuinely surprised I woke up this morning.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Baronjutter posted:

They did this on mythbusters. If your hand is slightly damp the extreme high heat flash boils the water and forms a protective vapour barrier around you hand.

They did it with molten lead

Proteus Jones posted:

Yep! Called the Leidenfrost Effect. But for fucks sake don't wiggle your fingers when you do it. Just do it like most goons have sex. In. Out. Done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leidenfrost_effect

Trabant posted:

Wiggling your fingers is exactly how most goons have sex.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

happyhippy posted:

World of Warcraft
First character, a Human Rogue, as wanted to be a fantasy Han Solo.
Learned how to Stealth, it ruled, and thought this made me invisible to EVERYONE.
Passing goldshire inn, and hear two people ERPing upstairs.
So thought I would go see what was going on, I stealhed and and crept up trying not to notice.
I stealth into the room, hide in the corner and wait.
One goes 'What is that Rogue doing?'
I paniced, and just ran from the room and logged out.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

a curse upon america and its people

Tax Inductions posted:

don't sign your posts lol

This is the only time I've laughed at this dumb joke

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Ponderous Saxon posted:

What’s the scientifically established optimal cat:partner ratio in an open marriage?

Blue Train posted:

While it always seems that there will be unlimited pussy in an open marriage it rarely works out that way

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

botany posted:

Those slaves do deserve commendation. They were amazing people with a ton of talent. But you can’t discount the slave owners who were owning them and spearheading the plantations as well. Without them, those slaves wouldn’t have produced the goods that ran the american economy.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Does anyone have the quote that went on about somebody who coats his skin with a white substance and blood flows off his alabaster skin as he kills? Something, something.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Opal posted:

Does anyone have the quote that went on about somebody who coats his skin with a white substance and blood flows off his alabaster skin as he kills? Something, something.

I think that was Lincoln`s Wax and it was maybe white lithium grease. Phone posting or I'd do a search.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Oh yeah, that's the one. Couldn't find anything on SA or Google though. :(

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

That whole derail has been pretty great

Ganson posted:

I don't look to this happening any time soon. Musk is working on the problem directly now. Realism/Pragmatism is kinda my thing.

Find me a government worth of these people who are electable in all the places they'd need to be and I'm all aboard. But I would literally support Hitler if he was realistically the best chance of continuing the human race past 100-150 years from now.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Eox posted:

That whole derail has been pretty great

now, to me - and MAYBE i'm just reaching here - it sounds like (possibly) this poster believes that the jews are responsible for the decline of the human race

note that i didn't actually click through to look at that thread, because it sounds like a bad time

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

trapped mouse posted:

now, to me - and MAYBE i'm just reaching here - it sounds like (possibly) this poster believes that the jews are responsible for the decline of the human race

note that i didn't actually click through to look at that thread, because it sounds like a bad time

now, to me - and MAYBE i'm just reaching here - it sounds like (possibly) this poster is the sort to throw out accusations of anti-Semitism based on very little evidence

note that i didn't actually click through to look at the post history, because it sounds like a bad time

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mind you i didn't look at the thread either so if it turns out this guy's actually antisemitic then lol

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
i clicked through to the thread

Ganson posted:

Admittedly I'm pretty left and eugenics is starting to look pretty good. I'm guessing not for the same reasons.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

reading grey threads is haram

oh wait a second

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

mind you i didn't look at the thread either so if it turns out this guy's actually antisemitic then lol

Price-is-right-horn.mp3

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

https://twitter.com/GraphicStrick/status/946392565032673280?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

I wish I could pocket 80 grand for making GBS threads out unreadable and inane trash not fit to publish.

Instead I had to pay ten bucks.

Goon Self-depreciation will never stop being entertaining to me.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

quote:

In 2012 nothing extraordinary will happen. Your problems will not magically go away. School and work will not be any better or worse. Just because one digit of the year changes does not automatically mean you get a “fresh start” by doing nothing. But you know what? If you work hard and believe, you’ll get that fresh start. You just have to make it happen. YOU. Not the New Year. You are the only one with the power to change your world and solve your problems.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

moose face posted:

Human centipede and chill

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jikes posted:

Guide to interacting with cops so far:

• Threaten the cops - get shot
  • Don't threaten the cops - get shot
  • Express bewilderment as to what cops are doing there - get shot
  • Approach cop car unexpectedly - get shot
  • Loudly announce you are approaching cops - get shot
  • Reach for a gun - get shot
  • Let cop know you are legally carrying a registered weapon - get shot
  • 'Reach for your wallet as instructed to get your ID - get shot
  • Answer the door - get shot
  • Don't answer the door - get shot
  • Approach the cop as instructed - get shot
  • Run away from the cop - get shot
  • Lie on the ground motionless and beg cops not to shoot your autistic patient - get shot
  • Crawl toward the cops as instructed, sobbing and pleading for your life - get shot
  • Disobey orders - get shot
  • Obey orders - get shot

I want to believe in a just world where only the deserving suffer but this is making it very difficult :mad:

OldTennisCourt posted:

Sorry honey but your husband reached down to fix his pants and he was shot 50 times. Look officers have a rough job and oh gently caress officer please oh please in my mouth and all over my face officer please oh fuuuuuuck

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Oscar Wild posted:

I just heard an old Mitch hedberg joke, "alcoholism is the only disease you get yelled at for having."

Nonviolent J posted:

what about deafness

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

I remember years ago reading some goon's diatribe about his girlfriend and seeing a response like:

quote:

Shut up and finish your pussy, there's starving virgins in E/N

Still cracks me up to this day. I've stolen & reworked that line into conversation plenty of times over the years.

So thank you whoever wrote that, wherever you are

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Samuringa posted:

What was that one fireworks event where the entire load blew in one second? Should make for some topical freud.

Trig Discipline posted:

Some quick googling tells me it's all of your dates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

We really should stop talking about Steven Universe otherwise we'll attract some SU fans to the thread and we don't want that

Edit: OH GODDAMIT
vvvv

I can't resist a good derail. Happy New year's motherfuckers!