Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Jetfire posted:

I'm already mad at New Talbot Lady for killing Perky Blonde Good Cop :(

As if Talbot would ever shoot a good cop like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Alexeythegreat posted:

Okay granted, New Bad Talbot Lady

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Alexeythegreat posted:

Right. He might squish their face, but shoot them? Nah. Iron Man don't play that way.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Antalbot

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
drat, just caught up on the show. I was a bit worried at first where they were going with things but man, it really is just continuing it's upward trajectory. Also it was good seeing Hunter again.

It's criminal poo poo like Walking Dead is slumming it with some of the worst writing and production quality and drawing better views than Shield because of it's rough start.

ED: I also like Enoc and his people. They're like a Star Trek race that isn't psychopathic and will actually step in if they're looking at extinction events. It's neat to see an alien race that is off-kilter and abducts people but really be the total good guys in all of it.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 25, 2017

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Jetfire posted:

I'm already mad at New Talbot Lady for killing Perky Blonde Good Cop :(

Same. I thought perky blonde good cop would be this year's grenade launcher girl

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PunkBoy posted:

Season 5, Episode 5: "Rewind"

https://i.imgur.com/P0DvS0v.gifv

This so reminds me of how like every GTA helicopter run ends.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chokes McGee posted:

Between this and getting his future killswitch flipped, his time in the Matrix is actually going to turn out a net positive.

I mean, y'know, other than killing Director Mace and all. But hey, at least he got to go out as an Inhuman heroic savior of children that way!

I'm glad they aren't just forgetting what happened with the Framework, a lot of shows would have blown past it.

I kind of hope since the Framework was used to build the temporary framework that's been rigged up, there will be some way to get Hope (and possibly mirror Ward/etc) back around from the fragments and make that pay off. I was thinking Hope and a few others might have escaped the same way Aida did, but if they didn't and their data is still kicking around it could be pretty neat.

... if they infect the Kree computers with digital framework Ward that would be loving hilarious.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Xtanstic posted:

Same. I thought perky blonde good cop would be this year's grenade launcher girl

I don't get this reference.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'm glad they aren't just forgetting what happened with the Framework, a lot of shows would have blown past it.

I kind of hope since the Framework was used to build the temporary framework that's been rigged up, there will be some way to get Hope (and possibly mirror Ward/etc) back around from the fragments and make that pay off. I was thinking Hope and a few others might have escaped the same way Aida did, but if they didn't and their data is still kicking around it could be pretty neat.

... if they infect the Kree computers with digital framework Ward that would be loving hilarious.

Somehow, we see the future past the bad future, and Digi-Ward has become the Emperor of the Kree Empire.

Pod 2 is dealing with Ward. Again.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

I don't get this reference.

Agent Piper shot Hive with a grenade launcher.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 25, 2017

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Also:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Can I get a gif of Fitz throwing the book when he's watching soccer? It's so perfect :allears:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Can I get a gif of Fitz throwing the book when he's watching soccer? It's so perfect :allears:

Football :colbert:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Happy Holidays!

https://i.imgur.com/I7VIcuL.gifv

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Hey, I hate to be a jerk Link Requester, but where was S5 being posted about before this thread came up? I’m catching up but also like to rread the thread apace.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

but "non-American football" takes too long to type!

Thank you, sir. I cannot stop laughing at this!

Ambivalent posted:

Hey, I hate to be a jerk Link Requester, but where was S5 being posted about before this thread came up? I’m catching up but also like to rread the thread apace.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790245&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=180

New episode live chat starts around there.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I just had a theory that kind of occurred to me about Deke that actually makes Hunter's presence a bit more than just a fun cameo: The more I think about it the more it makes sense that Deke might actually be the descendant of Hunter (and Bobbi?); they were aware of the event and tasked with keeping the girl safe (who might be another option for being related).

It'd really work. I could buy him as Hunter's grand kid.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Blazing Ownager posted:

So I just had a theory that kind of occurred to me about Deke that actually makes Hunter's presence a bit more than just a fun cameo: The more I think about it the more it makes sense that Deke might actually be the descendant of Hunter (and Bobbi?); they were aware of the event and tasked with keeping the girl safe (who might be another option for being related).

It'd really work. I could buy him as Hunter's grand kid.

He also has knowledge of the framework. So yeah that makes sense.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Once Enoch said he didn't know who built the lighthouse I came up with a silly theory. What are the chances that something the shield agents do in the future sends the lighthouse back in time so it can be ready for what happens? . Chances are the people on the surface are staying in some sort of old Shield facility. So if the team does eventually makes it back to the past they leave a record that is discovered. Hence why some people on the surface have a record of who should be there and when. A nice closed loop. Except for the lighthouse being a big old paradox.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
At the end of the season it will turn out, that time travel really is a one way trip. Everyone is stuck in the future for good, so they can't help out with that Thanos situation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I forgot we had a new thread and got irrationally angry that nobody was discussing the newest episode in the old thread!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

frgildan posted:

Once Enoch said he didn't know who built the lighthouse I came up with a silly theory. What are the chances that something the shield agents do in the future sends the lighthouse back in time so it can be ready for what happens? . Chances are the people on the surface are staying in some sort of old Shield facility. So if the team does eventually makes it back to the past they leave a record that is discovered. Hence why some people on the surface have a record of who should be there and when. A nice closed loop. Except for the lighthouse being a big old paradox.

There's no way they're going to leave the timeline ending in the world ripping in two unless they want to literally in-canon break Agents of Shield off from the MCU.

It'd make some sense with the little 616 in-joke. I hope they don't as I think that'd be bad for the show, but no way the cinematic universe is going to have a pre-determined path of Earth exploding because of Daisy. I mean that'd be ballsy and "holy gently caress" but Disney'd never do anything that risky, end the Earth because of a TV character that already seems like it's in it's own timeline.

Actually that'd be a funny twist, we were never in the same universe, AOS is actually in a timeline that went differently after Winter Soldier. Fix the continuity problems with Coulson still being dead in the movie timeline.

cant cook creole bream posted:

At the end of the season it will turn out, that time travel really is a one way trip. Everyone is stuck in the future for good, so they can't help out with that Thanos situation.

Pretty sure it's not one way or how else would Quake actually blow up the world?

I'll laugh if it turns out it's Thanos that blows up the world and everyone just blamed Quake because of bad press.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 25, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Blazing Ownager posted:

Pretty sure it's not one way or how else would Quake actually blow up the world.

This episode did just reference that there were Daisy-LMDs around.

And the time travel rules weren't established. For all we know there might be different layers of time and the future has already changed. But I guess then Fitz would have ended up in a differnt future.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Enoch kind of reminded me of a Recorder.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

Agent Piper shot Hive with a grenade launcher.

Oh yeah, I half remember that now.

twistedmentat posted:

Enoch kind of reminded me of a Recorder.

I just hope that the Kree don't have a way to no-sell his tech like they can with Inhuman powers.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cant cook creole bream posted:

This episode did just reference that there were Daisy-LMDs around.

Aren't the Daisy LMDs completely powerless, hence why LMD Daisy shot Talbot instead of just like, imploding him?

RareAcumen posted:

Oh yeah, I half remember that now.

I'm kind of sad that all the other agents pretty much disappeared to probably never be seen again, I liked her a lot.

But it's mostly memorable because it'd be like a background red shirt blowing the gently caress out of an alien of the week and saving the main characters. It never happens.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 25, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Someone mentioned how Walking Dead is poo poo but gets good ratings, but I think that's because there are still enough people out there who will consume any Zombie media that they'll watch it even if the show 90% of the show is people with southern accents being lovely to each other and monologs about power.

AoS has nothing that people will consume uncritically. I know lots of people will watch anything batman related, but does Marvel have anything people just loving love they will accept it even if its not good?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I really don't want to deal with The Whole World Hates SHIELD Part the 30th so my hope is that they gate Daisy back to an exact moment where Daisybot is in public and she instantly smashes it to wires and gears.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had no idea how much I missed Hunter until he popped through that door.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

I really don't want to deal with The Whole World Hates SHIELD Part the 30th so my hope is that they gate Daisy back to an exact moment where Daisybot is in public and she instantly smashes it to wires and gears.

I think something like this happens while they uncover some kind of conspiracy that leads to Earth's destruction, using evidence and/or tech the team grabs from the future.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

I had no idea how much I missed Hunter until he popped through that door.

It'd been so long I forgot who he was at first. Yes I'm ashamed of myself :(

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

Aren't the Daisy LMDs completely powerless, hence why LMD Daisy shot Talbot instead of just like, imploding him?

I'm kind of sad that all the other agents pretty much disappeared to probably never be seen again, I liked her a lot.

But it's mostly memorable because it'd be like a background red shirt blowing the gently caress out of an alien of the week and saving the main characters. It never happens.

I mean, Talbot said that Mace's body looked like it was quaked to death. So there's a possibility of replicating the effects with tech.

I'm wondering where the roaches came from.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nasgate posted:

I mean, Talbot said that Mace's body looked like it was quaked to death. So there's a possibility of replicating the effects with tech.

Aida had the Not M.O.D.O.K. Russian LMDs take hammers to it. She specifically said something about that, though I don't remember the exact words.

Nasgate posted:

I'm wondering where the roaches came from.

They're an existing species of aliens from the comics. It came up in the last thread:

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, they're all Vrellnexians.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 26, 2017

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Sad we couldn't just get Uatu for this one, but the Watchers are already over in the movie universe, so I guess they're off limits. :sigh:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Chokes McGee posted:

Sad we couldn't just get Uatu for this one, but the Watchers are already over in the movie universe, so I guess they're off limits. :sigh:

Plus Watchers aren't supposed to interfere ever.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

:frogbon:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

Sounds like you're not familiar with Uatu...

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Kheldarn posted:

Sounds like you're not familiar with Uatu...

Well, he gets in "trouble" for it, though. Or at least called out by the other Watchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

Well, he gets in "trouble" for it, though. Or at least called out by the other Watchers.

For all the good it does...