Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Sarchasm posted:

I really enjoyed Bravely Default but only got about fifteen minutes into BD2 before thinking "God help me I cannot do this again." Having it on the Switch might push me over the edge, though...

:same:, although I got through it eventually (with absolutely no desire to do any of the post-endgame-ish grinding content).

At the very least, BD2 has a hell of a lot less canonical repetition, even if the game world is about the same size. Which is not to say that it has no repetition, but that's kind of telegraphed by some of the gameplay mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
I preferred bravely second to the first one, it just seemed more fun, lots of cheesy jokes and ridiculous job roles. I really liked the demo which fleshed out the new characters and helped make some of the earlier plot twists impactful. I would happily bravely third!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i liked the first game more but i am a Bravely Boy and will buy whatever the hell they put out sight unseen

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm telling you to keep them because good loving luck getting a complete system for a reasonable price once the gamepads start breaking/dying.

Surely there are a small handful of new units out there, and marked down at that. I'm tempted to grab one and just leave it untouched for when my current one gives up the ghost.

ProjektorBoy fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Dec 24, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm down for more Bravely, although I never finished Second. I should get back to that.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

nerd_of_prey posted:

I preferred bravely second to the first one, it just seemed more fun, lots of cheesy jokes and ridiculous job roles. I really liked the demo which fleshed out the new characters and helped make some of the earlier plot twists impactful. I would happily bravely third!

Seriously, Bravely Default 2's demo is how every RPG demo should be. It's kind of incredible what they did with it -- I was completely floored by the early plot twists as a result of the demo.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

is the eshop back up yet
I got a used copy of Dragon Ball Fusions and it won't work without an update :argh:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Augus posted:

is the eshop back up yet
I got a used copy of Dragon Ball Fusions and it won't work without an update :argh:

It's working.
Also random gamefaqs poster said pick Speed as your focus. I knew nothing about the game besides it's DB, and TFS recommended it. So I bought it digital.

I wanna Fuse the entire Ginyu Force.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's up because I bought SaGa 2 today.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's Partial drop (all releases Dec 28, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EST/9am PST for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo The King of Fighters '96 - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '96 is a fighting game released by SNK in 1996.

A total of 27 playable characters are available. New game mechanics such as the Emergency Evasion, short and mid-hops make their entry for the first time in the legendary series, adding a new depth to the fights. The story focuses on the second chapter of the Orochi trilogy.

Arcade Archives Double Dragon - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
DOUBLE DRAGON is an action game that was released from Technos Japan in 1987.

Two brothers fight with evil to rescue Marian, who has been kidnapped by violent organisation.

DragonFangZ: The Rose and Dungeon of Time - $24.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (Dec 19 NA / Dec 26 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Rose is a human and a half dragon. One day, she wanders into the world called "Tree of time" with a fairy instead of a parent. The treasure falls asleep deep under the dungeon in the world. So, they try the dungeon to return to the their home with the power of treasure! This is a wonderful rogue-like game. If she dies in adventure, she loses all items and the level is reset. And because the dungeon transforms with every play through, the quest will never be the same. Your courage and growth will be the power to clear the dungeon!

Energy Cycle - $ ? / £2.69 / € ? (Dec 25)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Energy Cycle – a new puzzle game from the developers of Energy Balance. When you click each cell on the game field it changes colour, along with the colours of adjacent cells horizontally and vertically. Your task is to bring all the cells to the same colour. Sounds pretty easy, but try to do it!

Energy Cycle features three modes for every taste:
  • Puzzle – without a timer. Pre-designed puzzles
  • Time Attack – with a timer and scoring. Random puzzles
  • Infinite Play – without a timer. Like Time Attack, but you can play it forever

Mecho Tales - $9.99 / £7.49 / € ? (Dec 14 NA / Dec 28 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
An all-new adventure in the world of Mecho Wars! Run and shoot through chaotic platforming levels filled with spikes, bottomless pits and an army of deadly robots. Go it alone or team up with your friends in 4-player local multiplayer. Directed by Luc Bernard.

Sparkle Unleashed - $7.99 / £6.99 / € ? (Dec 25)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Sparkle Unleashed is an exciting marble shooter match-three action puzzle with impeccable polish and superbly smooth gameplay!

A secluded world of mystery has succumbed to an ominous darkness. You must travel through the fallen lands, light magical braziers and banish the darkness once and for all.

Unlock amazing powerups and use the ones you like the most to overcome increasingly challenging levels, Chained Orbs, Rock Orbs and Survival challenges. Can you carve a path of light through the darkness?

SteamWorld Heist: Ultimate Edition - $19.99 / £14.99 / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In SteamWorld Heist you command robot pirates in epic tactical shootouts. It’s turn-based strategy with an action twist: By manually aiming your weapons you'll pull off insane bullet-bouncing trick shots!

SteamWorld Heist: Ultimate Edition is fully optimized for Nintendo Switch™. It comes with "The Outsider" campaign, including a mysterious ally and a shipload of weapons, upgrades, hats, and missions previously only available as DLC.

As the captain, you board, loot and shoot your way through enemy spaceships. Overcome the challenges of the vast frontier by upgrading your recruits with unique abilities, weapons – and even stylish hats!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Turn based but with manual aiming... like worms?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Pretty much, yes.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah it's kinda like if Worms and XCOM had a baby, I guess? It's closer to Worms, and a big part of the game is ricocheting your shots to get past cover.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

There might be more stuff out btw, NOA's site is (or was) making GBS threads itself, and NOE's didn't list much.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's basically 2D X-Com but with a weird manual aiming mechanic. It actually owns super hard.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

It actually owns super hard.

This is word for word what I came to post

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

duckfarts posted:

This is word for word what I came to post

What game is this? I want know which game owns!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Steamworld Heist.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Steamworld Heist also commissioned some songs from Steam Powered Giraffe, a band of former mimes who made some unique shanty songs for the soundtrack. They are a pretty good band*, even though they've now dropped their excellent bassist for a far less entertaining one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw3nssdp-0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQWY-JOhF2I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT2hUsu3tmQ

*they have a handful of really incredible songs and a lot of goofy, silly comedy ones

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Just got Darksiders: Warmastered Edition for Wii U for $4 thanks to the 80% off sale it was on. I suspect that this is the final non-VC purchase I make on the Wii U, but there'll probably be plenty more Virtual Console stuff I get for the old thing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Patter Song posted:

Just got Darksiders: Warmastered Edition for Wii U for $4 thanks to the 80% off sale it was on. I suspect that this is the final non-VC purchase I make on the Wii U, but there'll probably be plenty more Virtual Console stuff I get for the old thing.

I hope they keep up with the TurboGrafx VC releases at least until Rondo of Blood.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope they keep up with the TurboGrafx VC releases at least until Rondo of Blood.

You should still be able to grab it off the Wii Shop Channel, I think.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You should still be able to grab it off the Wii Shop Channel, I think.

Yup, I got it there. I wouldn’t mind paying the upgrade fee to play it on the pad too.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

My Nintendo is asleep, or dead. Where are my new freebies to laugh at?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i'd buy rondo of blood on switch so fast

make it happen ninty

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just port Dracula X Chronicles on there so I can buy it a third time and SOTN a fifth I guess?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Sakurazuka posted:

Just port Dracula X Chronicles on there so I can buy it a third time and SOTN a fifth I guess?

A Castlevania Collection featuring SOTN and remasters of the GBA and DS games would be perfect on the Switch. Or hell, release them separately if you have to, Konami. You don't have much else going for you now that you dumped Kojima.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Eagerly await the open world survival sim with crafting and loot boxes that also has a vampire in it.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

deadly_pudding posted:

A Castlevania Collection featuring SOTN and remasters of the GBA and DS games would be perfect on the Switch. Or hell, release them separately if you have to, Konami. You don't have much else going for you now that you dumped Kojima.

those fucks will never do it

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

We're announcing a PC collection for the Castlevania series that's just the roms on a disc. Oh and also the GBA & DS titles have *BRAND NEW* pirate intros. You can pick up this revolutionary collection from Jerry in the parking lot.

Porting the Silent Hill collection for all consoles that are named Xbox One X, and this time we reduced the framerate to 10 and gave it a super new *SILENT VOICE ACTING* for the true authentic experience (Silent Hill Collection shows up on the backwards compatibility list).

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Phantasium posted:

Eagerly await the open world survival sim with crafting and loot boxes that also has a vampire in it.

:negative: I probably would.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

deadly_pudding posted:

Booming arcade business and health club owner Konami dead after Metal Gear man no longer bleeds money from them.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i would kill for SOTN on switch i still havent finished that dang game

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The birthday month offers include a one-time 30% discount for DQ8 and FE Echoes. No Switch games though?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Takoluka posted:

Booming arcade business and health club owner Konami dead after Metal Gear man no longer bleeds money from them.

Yeah, I'm an American posting in a consoles thread. I don't give a flying gently caress about Konami's arcade games or health clubs. I'm of the opinion that they touchdown spiked everybody at Konami who makes games I actually care about into the garbage can, and so far they're living up to that assessment via Bomberman.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, I'm an American posting in a consoles thread. I don't give a flying gently caress about Konami's arcade games or health clubs. I'm of the opinion that they touchdown spiked everybody at Konami who makes games I actually care about into the garbage can, and so far they're living up to that assessment via Bomberman.

Oh, don't get me wrong. It's 100% valid when people say that Konami is basically dead to them because of squandered franchises and the like, but it's hilarious when capital-G Gamers think they somehow hold Konami's financials hostage by not buying Super Bomberman R or Metal Gear Survive. Hell, Konami owns Yu-Gi-OH!, which has a new mobile game that makes tons on top of the traditional TCG, and PES, which they only seem to market to Brazil and Portugal where they're making something of a killing on soccer games anyway.

I think they've done great work with SBR, though.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I always forget Yu-Gi-Oh is a Konami thing.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm of the opinion that they touchdown spiked everybody at Konami who makes games I actually care about into the garbage can, and so far they're living up to that assessment via Bomberman.

I would call those nods signs of life, and possibly renewed interest in the industry

I could see them having a good relationship with the Switch considering their interests in mobile gaming and experience with arcade

Whether they'd return to what they're more known for in video is a question, though

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

They're too busy putting out Hudson's Turbografx-16 games on the Wii U virtual console to really focus on anything else right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases Jan 4, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EST/9am PST for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo King of the Monsters - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"KING OF THE MONSTERS" is an action game released by SNK in 1991.

Players choose from one of the six monsters available, and battle their way across Japan in order to claim the title of strongest monster.

In addition to normal attacks such as punches and kicks, master more destructive techniques such as flame and beam attacks to overcome the enemies.

Azkend 2: The World Beneath - $7.99 / £ ? / € ? (Jan 5 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Step aboard a fantastic adventure! Enjoy amazing match-three gameplay and discover one of the most astonishing worlds ever imagined.

While traveling from Liverpool to New York, your ship was pulled down into a massive maelstrom. You woke up in a place that may never have been gazed upon by the eyes of men. From now on, your goal is to ascend from the center of the Earth and find your way back to civilization.

Azkend 2 is a casual match-three puzzle game with more than 60 levels of impeccably polished gameplay. Discover and equip more than a dozen unique powerups, and complete hidden object minigames on your journey.

Grand Prix Rock 'N' Racing - $7.99 / £7.19 / €7.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Get ready for some speed with your family and friends!

Grand Prix Rock 'N Racing gives you the fastest, most exciting races. You can evolve your car, improving the engine, brakes, tires and more until you've achieved the perfect evolution to win the Championship!

Online leader board where you can compare your best times with those of your friends and players from around the world.

Pic-a-Pix Deluxe - $7.99 / £6.99 / €7.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Pic-a-Pix are exciting logic puzzles that form whimsical pixel-art pictures when solved. Pic-a-Pix are sometimes known by other names, such as Picross, Nonogram, Paint by Numbers, Griddlers, Hanjie and many more.

Solve puzzles with a friend - or the whole family - with co-op play for up to 4 players using any combination of controllers! In handheld mode, immerse yourself with intuitive touchscreen controls.

Pic-a-Pix Deluxe now includes classic black and white picross, as well as color puzzles, which use color-coded clues to add a new dimension to the game.

There are 150 color and 150 classic puzzles, all designed by Conceptis Ltd and all brand new! Puzzles range in difficulty and size from introductory 5x5 pictures up to challenging 35x25 grids!

Content previously available in Pic-a-Pix Color on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U can be downloaded as DLC, and extra add-on packs will be released regularly.

Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure Deluxe - $15.99 / £17.99 / €19.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Stikbold! is a hard-hitting, fast-paced dodgeball sports game set in a colorful and quirky 70s universe.

With brand-new content, improved features and gameplay for up to 6 players, the Switch™-exclusive DELUXE edition is perfect for any party or social gathering.

Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure is 20% off (£14.39 / €15.99) in EU until Jan 12. Pricing for it between NA and EU seems a bit wacky.