Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf

Policenaut posted:

Do you have a link to that deal? I'm thinking about giving SF5 another shot with AE next month and was planning on getting S3 for Cody, but I was wondering if I should get Deluxe or wait for an AE pre-order on the PSN. I know that pre-ordering comes with Nostalgia and 30th Anniversary costumes, but if those are unlocked just by buying Season 3 when I'd probably do what you suggest and get Deluxe now.

Not exactly a link, but this YouTube video was very clear on all of the variables regarding getting into SFV: Arcade Edition.

https://youtu.be/sKp6W7mKP1M

Basically, those costumes can be gotten either by pre-ordering Arcade Edition or buying the Season 3 pass before 1/31/2018 (releases on 1/16).

No reason in not getting Deluxe Edition now if you're already going to get Season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Well dang, the PlayStation store is refusing to work today and that code expires today. Won't work on my phone or on a laptop.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm late to the party but The Witness is probably the best game I've ever played,

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I want to give the witness a shot but i know im just gonna google the puzzle solutions cause i dont care

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That doesn't really work for the game because if you just google individual puzzles you'll spend more time trying to scrub through videos to find solutions than you would spend learning a pattern, since it's completely non linear and there are a thousand puzzles, it would be tough to find specific walkthroughs

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dang my cheaters heart is broken

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Doing searches on PS4 sucks rear end.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Real hurthling! posted:

I want to give the witness a shot but i know im just gonna google the puzzle solutions cause i dont care

Gonna run into trouble when you get to the timed puzzles that randomly generate on every attempt.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Ryoga posted:

Gonna run into trouble when you get to the timed puzzles that randomly generate on every attempt.
Particularly the ones in that section that aren't even solvable and you need to know that at a glance. Although I'm pretty sure someone's made a website that lets you quickly plug in any old puzzle and it'll solve it for you.

If you don't engage with The Witness on its level there's really not much point in playing it, though.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I probably could have waited for it to get cheaper but I bought Undertale. Time to see what makes people so obsessed with this game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Jolo posted:

Well dang, the PlayStation store is refusing to work today and that code expires today. Won't work on my phone or on a laptop.

I know some discount codes have not worked on the web store. You can only use it on a ps4.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Shnag posted:

I probably could have waited for it to get cheaper but I bought Undertale. Time to see what makes people so obsessed with this game.

Please report back, I'm curious as well.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shnag posted:

The skeletons

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Shnag posted:

I played it on Vita only knowing that it's a pretty big cult hit. About halfway through I felt like I was just rushing through to finish getting the platinum trophy. The battle system was interesting, reminded me of Shadow Hearts a bit, but the humor just really fell flat for me.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Shnag posted:

I know nothing about it so I'm excited to get started.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

I know there is bro skeletons, and a motherly cow and you have a choice to kill or spare everyone but I did my best to avoid spoilers.

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Please report back, I'm curious as well.

:hai:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shnag posted:

Go completely Internet dark and don't spoil yourself on anything.

Just be good, or else you're gonna have a bad time.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Ineffiable posted:

I know some discount codes have not worked on the web store. You can only use it on a ps4.

I can't check out even without the code. Store website won't let me log in on my phone at all the login server refuses to connect. Using a pc, I can't complete the checkout at all. I don't know what the deal is.

Hopefully Rez and Gungeon are still on sale when I get home to my PS4. If not, that money is funding Gabe's knife collection.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It looks like Christmas Sale week 3 is on now in NA and it's mostly just what was on sale last week with a few things swapped in and out? I was kind of hoping Wipeout would go back on sale :(

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
New sale is up.
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-HOLISALE17GG/1?direction=asc&sort=name
Not a whole lot new. The most notable stuff on sale I noticed that I don't think was up before includes both Gravity Rush games, both Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, observer, Shadow of the Beast and Last Guardian

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
Are either Star Ocean game worthwhile? I know one is a ps2 game. I should just pass and keep playing xenoblade 2. Gonna grab Gravity Rush 2 though.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Just in case someone doesn't know, you don't need to go through every single page of the sale again trying to notice what's different this time, just check out PSPrices.com

edit: Actually, I think that one hasn't updated yet? Forget what I said :v:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It also appears that a bunch of SNK stuff is on sale as are all three of Supergiant's games

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Party Meiser posted:

Are either Star Ocean game worthwhile?

No.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I think Yakuza 0 is back up on this sale if anyone missed it.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

I had a feeling. This is convincing enough for me.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca..._term=ps-se-715
Come on sony. it can't be THAT hard to get this on the PS4 as well. :argh:
You can play SotN on pretty much everything else. I wish I didn't lose my gba version. :negative:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
There was a GBA SotN???

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uh no, someone is confused.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

glam rock hamhock posted:

There was a GBA SotN???

No, just the three SotN-alikes (Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Well, I've done my thing, see you in hell in another couple of months, PStore.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

Hmm.. my bad. Looking at the screen shots now I can see where I made my mistake. Though tbf. If you search Castlevania: SotN you get results.
I must have been thinking about my 360 instead. Circle of the Moon was the one I had on GBA

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shnag posted:

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca..._term=ps-se-715
Come on sony. it can't be THAT hard to get this on the PS4 as well. :argh:
You can play SotN on pretty much everything else. I wish I didn't lose my gba version. :negative:

It's probably one of the shittier versions but I still have it on 360. :v:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Shnag posted:

Hmm.. my bad. Looking at the screen shots now I can see where I made my mistake. Though tbf. If you search Castlevania: SotN you get results.
I must have been thinking about my 360 instead. Circle of the Moon was the one I had on GBA

The 360 version was the PSX one but with an emulator wrapper, what you get on PSN for PS3/Vita is the straight up disc ISO from the PSX. Should more or less be the same game (unlike the PSP version which was like the Saturn one with a redub) but there's more menus on the 360 port.

Still seems weird that PSX emulation on PS4 isn't a thing though. I'm pretty sure toasters can run PSX games these days, so it's obviously not a technical hurdle. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The PSP version isn't the (crappy) Saturn port it's a new port based on the PS1 version but with playable Maria and a new dub. Maria plays differently than in the Saturn version too.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sakurazuka posted:

The PSP version isn't the (crappy) Saturn port it's a new port based on the PS1 version but with playable Maria and a new dub. Maria plays differently than in the Saturn version too.

I said it's "like" the Saturn port! :argh:

Which is actually not really all that great while we're on the subject. Runs like rear end, Maria isn't fun to play as, and the new areas suck. I knew someone who got fired for buying a copy of that from a customer instead of letting them sell it to the store, and it was 100% not worth it. :v:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's not like the Saturn port at all, because it's not garbage.

Doesn't even have a single bedsheet ghost.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Those two cut areas were so lame. Disappointing music in that hallway too, like the catacombs+Rainbow Cemetery already exists in the game but they used a public domain Victorian funeral dirge for the new area.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dewgy posted:

The 360 version was the PSX one but with an emulator wrapper, what you get on PSN for PS3/Vita is the straight up disc ISO from the PSX. Should more or less be the same game (unlike the PSP version which was like the Saturn one with a redub) but there's more menus on the 360 port.

Still seems weird that PSX emulation on PS4 isn't a thing though. I'm pretty sure toasters can run PSX games these days, so it's obviously not a technical hurdle. :v:

The PS4 is simply too powerful to play PSX games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Akuma posted:

Particularly the ones in that section that aren't even solvable and you need to know that at a glance. Although I'm pretty sure someone's made a website that lets you quickly plug in any old puzzle and it'll solve it for you.

If you don't engage with The Witness on its level there's really not much point in playing it, though.

Even if you had a solver, you would have to fill in the solver, and that doesn't really go well with the whole "timed" issue because if you pause the game it resets that entire section specifically so you can't cheat the timer.