Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Hey Santee,

Your gifts are ordered and the majority of them will be there by Dec 17th and one by the 19th.

Now i can finally cancel my amazon membership cause gently caress how they treat their workers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Just received "Eat What You Watch: A Cookbook for Movie Lovers." I'd post a photo but my phone is being a dickwolf.

Thank you mysterious benefactor!

Edit: Oh, the receipt was in the inside cover. Your other part arrived early, BSS!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Thank you, goon benefactor! I’m hype to have a Christmas Frankenstein marathon.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Thank you, goon benefactor! I’m hype to have a Christmas Frankenstein marathon.

Merry Christmas!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Thank you Santa!

Sorry for the terrible phone photo

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MacheteZombie posted:

Thank you Santa!

Sorry for the terrible phone photo

Merry Christmas, bud.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

do some people have 2 secret santas?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If you signed up to get 2 santees, you also get 2 santas.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

If you signed up to get 2 santees, you also get 2 santas.

ahhhh okay

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
My gifts arrived today. Which one of you lousy moochers is my secret Santa?

Actually I was really touched by your generosity and thoughtfulness! I'm not posting a pic but I got the complete Thunderbirds (I know what they are but never watched them; my wife liked them and thinks our son will really enjoy them too) and a selection of dozen IPAs. I'm going to have one tonight! (My wife thinks I did very well).

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You're welcome! Glad you like 'em. Wasn't quite sure how old the kid was but Thunderbirds works for pretty much any age group - it was developed as one of the first all-ages kids shows that adults could enjoy too. It's also gorgeous 😍. Hope the IPA selection is decent, all the ones in the American selection were pretty mediocre.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

feedmyleg posted:

You're welcome! Glad you like 'em. Wasn't quite sure how old the kid was but Thunderbirds works for pretty much any age group - it was developed as one of the first all-ages kids shows that adults could enjoy too. It's also gorgeous 😍. Hope the IPA selection is decent, all the ones in the American selection were pretty mediocre.

The selection looks great, thank you. The craft beer scene here has exploded recently so there is a huge selection of good stuff. Thunderbirds looks great too, and while I would not have thought of it for him, I think he will really enjoy it, so it's an inspired gift.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Still haven't gotten my Santee's gift. I haven't even received any mail in the last four days, so apparently the local mail is having problems. The next day I'll be able to ship it out is Thursday, so I apologize if it's late.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Look what came in:

I believe this is the 2nd out of three packages from my Santa, a collection of short films by my favorite director, David Lynch! Awwwwwesome. It also came with a note saying who my Santa is, but I am going to keep it a secret until the last package arrives. The post hasn't come in yet, so it may be today! (Hopefully it didn't get lost. :ohdear:)

My Santee's gifts are on their way and should show up any day now!

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Santee, you shouldve gotten 3 of your gifts in today. The 4th will be there on Tuesday.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Just got a package in direct from Iceland, with a letter, a book, and a movie. The book and movie are both Icelandic, Sjón's Moonstone: The Boy Who Never Was and Oskar (loopy thing I thought was a P but isn't)or Axelsson's Svartur Á Leik, which I've been told is open region. Thanks to whoever it was, given that they didn't leave a username.

E: reading through the rest of the thread, it seems to be Freudianslippers. Thanks!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I really hope you enjoy both. I have no idea if either makes sense to anyone outside the strange and inbred bubble that is Icelandic culture. Svartur á Leik ís á fairly basic crime film but it references a few very specific cultural touchstones.

Only after sending it did I realize I should've included some dried fish, rotten shark, and/or sheep's gonads to make it properly ethnic and also smelly. But alas it slipped my mind.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 18, 2017

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Finally got my second Santee's stuff sent out! I was going to do a box that I filled things with using my bare hands and filling with lots of goodies. Instead, I ordered some rad things from Amazon since I kept dragging my feet. Should be arriving over the course of the next few days.

Also received my second Santa's stuff! Excited to open both of 'em later this week.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Just got my package, its Blurays of Synecdoche, NY and Endless Poetry. Botb great, but the second one is especially appreciated as Jodorowsky is a big hole in my film experience Ive been meaning to fill. Thanks, Franchescanado!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Just got my package, its Blurays of Synecdoche, NY and Endless Poetry. Botb great, but the second one is especially appreciated as Jodorowsky is a big hole in my film experience Ive been meaning to fill. Thanks, Franchescanado!

You wanted weird films with strong cinematography, so I thought you'd enjoy them! Synecdoche, New York is one of my favorites.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Wow, thank you to my other Santa!

I hadn't realized the Mead book had come out -- I can't wait to dig into it.

Also, I'm glad to know that's where the art on my phone's lock screen comes from:

Edit: My wife gave me my gift early. I got a train. :3:

Timby fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 19, 2017

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Whew! Was worried you already had it. Saw that you sent someone else the Prometheus book so figured it was iffy. It's great! You've still gone one thing coming.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

This just arrived in the mail.

I assume it was one of you, there wasn't a note, but both items are from my Amazon wish list and both are greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much santee clause.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Thank you to my santa! Can't wait to make it through all the gifts both Santa's sent me.

e: sorry for photo quality and clutter, in the middle of moving.

FreudianSlippers posted:

This just arrived in the mail.

I assume it was one of you, there wasn't a note, but both items are from my Amazon wish list and both are greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much santee clause.

Glad your gifts arrived early, but you may keep your eye on your mail box still ;)

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 20, 2017

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I ordered 1 of my Santee's gifts on the 16th and 2 on the 7th (one of which should have arrived on the 15th?) - but I've not heard from him, so suspect postal delays. Actually, I've just checked one and USPS seems to have lost it... Another was left in the mailbox on Saturday, and the third is still en route.

therattle fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 20, 2017

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Finally shipped! Looks like it won't get there until Tuesday, but it's on the way.

Also got my Santa's gift!

The Wind Journeys, directed by Ciro Guerra. From Colombia! Looks like a neat film, so I'll be watching this weekend.

Didn't see a name anywhere.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Egbert Souse posted:

Finally shipped! Looks like it won't get there until Tuesday, but it's on the way.

Also got my Santa's gift!

The Wind Journeys, directed by Ciro Guerra. From Colombia! Looks like a neat film, so I'll be watching this weekend.

Didn't see a name anywhere.

Me! I had to get it used as new ones aren't available and there wasn't a gift option. I saw it by chance at Cannes when it premiered and I absolutely loved it. More is to come: one gift should be en route and one seems to be lost by USPS

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

therattle posted:

Me! I had to get it used as new ones aren't available and there wasn't a gift option. I saw it by chance at Cannes when it premiered and I absolutely loved it. More is to come: one gift should be en route and one seems to be lost by USPS

Thanks! Used isn't a problem since I know a lot of great films simply aren't available new. This appears to be part of a monthly/quarterly release program, so it probably wasn't available long anyways.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

feedmyleg posted:

You've still gone one thing coming.

Guessing that was the Blu-ray of Hairspray I got tonight?

Honestly, I've never seen much of John Waters, but I know that Waters is quintessential Baltimore, and given how much I miss that city ... this was perfect. Thank you.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yup! Just never, ever watch the remake.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Dear Santa,

Thank you so much for the card, I very much appreciated it being addressed to 'Lil Mama Im Sorry'.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just want to say thanks again to Glam Rock Hamhock/axleblaze for setting up the CineD Secret Santa again this year, and for also being an awesome Secret Santa to me! I've been slowly going through the short films and sharing them with friends, and it's been a real pleasure!

I hope everyone has been enjoying the holidays.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I have to admit I haven't been as on it this year as usual and some messages to the account might have slipped by me, but hopefully that hasn't caused many problems. If you've had any problems, let me know and I'll look into it.

On that note I should actually post what I got

The left is from Timby and the two right are from I before E (the former of which got stolen the first time it was sent). Thanks both. I look forward to digging into these a some point in the near future.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
wrong thread

K. Waste fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 26, 2017

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Absolutely loved all my Blus from both Santas! A great mix of things I've been meaning to watch and things I've never heard of that look dope. Thank you!!

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Thank you Santa!

I loved the look on the mailman's face when he walked up to me (while i was reading a Mao Tsetung biography on my front porch) and scanned and handed me a package addressed to 'Lil Mama Im Sorry'. I haven't seen either of these movies and im def gonna share these bourgie chocolates with the misses when she gets here on Thursday.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Thank you Santa!

I loved the look on the mailman's face when he walked up to me (while i was reading a Mao Tsetung biography on my front porch) and scanned and handed me a package addressed to 'Lil Mama Im Sorry'. I haven't seen either of these movies and im def gonna share these bourgie chocolates with the misses when she gets here on Thursday.

The Producers is top-tier Zero Mostel.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

feedmyleg posted:

Absolutely loved all my Blus from both Santas! A great mix of things I've been meaning to watch and things I've never heard of that look dope. Thank you!!

Glad you like em!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

MacheteZombie posted:

Glad your gifts arrived early, but you may keep your eye on your mail box still ;)

I just got a Blu-ray of The Killers (1964) in the mail, I assume it is from you. I've never actually seen a Ronald Reagan film before so I'm pretty pumped.

Thanks a whole bunch, Santa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Thank you Santa!

I apologize for the hastily scribbled note as I was rushing to make it in time to the post office before they closed for the day.

I'd love to know what you think of the films. It Happened Here is a great obscure film that's certainly timely now. It took eight years to make and was started when the directors were teenagers. They ended up getting help from Tony Richardson and Stanley Kubrick to finish it. Kevin Brownlow is better known as a silent film documentarian, restorer, and historian today.

Also seconding Timby - The Producers is one of the funniest movies ever made and possibly Mel Brooks' finest movie. Zero Mostel is great, but it's also Gene Wilder's breakout first starring role. Great supporting cast. Dick Shawn will always be the best movie Hitler.

• Locked thread