Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Wrong.

Costco is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I stand corrected!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Cloks posted:

Costco is great.

Half my Christmas presents came from Costco.

Both giving and receiving.

And I'm glad of it

Renegret fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 26, 2017

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
My Christmas dinner ham came from Costco, and it was a very good ham. Would buy again.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

therobit posted:

So after buying a sherpa throw and a king sized sherpa blanket, my wife laid out 3 year old on the king sized blanket on our bed to change a pull up. The babe did remark upon the softness and texture of the cloth and now insists he too must have one. PBUC.

I thought this was going to end in a bad way...

PBUC

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Thick cut Costco bacon was perfect for Xmas morning. Sadly they did not have whack ‘me cinnamon rolls.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
just went to a costco business center for the first time

this is their refrigerated section. gently caress

cons: no dogs and 'fills , no consumer electronics, no clothes

pros: I can buy a whole goat

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Grem posted:

I have my $50 rebate check waiting for me to get paid so I can spend it because lol how the gently caress am I just gonna spend $50 at Costco?

Also got over $300 on my Costco card waiting for that payout, usually comes in February for me. Gonna buy something big!

Please don't live paycheck to paycheck it's really dumb

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

ixo posted:

Also of note in this picture: there aren't 100 people in there each with their own cart, half of them abandoned in the middle of the aisles.

This was how my CBC was as well. No music in my store, it was dead quiet.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Taima posted:

Please don't live paycheck to paycheck it's really dumb

I wasn't aware I had a choice in the matter.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

ixo posted:

I checked their website, the nearest one to me is over 500 miles away, even though I live within 30 minutes of two regular Costcos

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Bought 2 pounds of frozen lobster claws and they were garbage.... Costco dropped the ball on that one. The other $175 worth of stuff was great though so I don't hold it against them too much. And the polish + refill was delicious as usual.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Fatlife member located

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

https://www.sisterschuberts.com/bagged-rolls/dinner-yeast-rolls/

Costco has these in 36 count bags and let me tell you, they are very good. I made everything else from scratch for Christmas dinner but not the breads, took a chance on these and wasn't disappointed. I do recommend.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Not sure if I missed it until recently but they sell 8 refrigerated cooked rotisserie leg quarters for the same $5. Much easier to manage and doesn't have to be pulled apart within hours before becoming a congealed mess.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
The bun is the lowest form of wheat.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

KakerMix posted:

https://www.sisterschuberts.com/bagged-rolls/dinner-yeast-rolls/

Costco has these in 36 count bags and let me tell you, they are very good. I made everything else from scratch for Christmas dinner but not the breads, took a chance on these and wasn't disappointed. I do recommend.

I brought Sister Schubert's pull-apart Parker House yeast rolls to Thanksgiving AND Christmas Eve dinners, and they were huge hits with my family. I enjoy baking, but I've never made rolls quite as good as hers. Never had these larger dinner rolls, but they're probably similar to the pull-aparts, which means they are amazing. Light, fluffy, fragrant, perfect.

EDIT: This kind:
https://www.sisterschuberts.com/panned-rolls/parker-house-yeast-rolls/

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Costco frozen lobster trails: yeah or nay?

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

ixo posted:

That massive room is refrigerated? Impressive.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Pops got a beef rib roast for Xmas dinner. It did not disappoint.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Chinatown posted:

Pops got a beef rib roast for Xmas dinner. It did not disappoint.

:yeah:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

PBUC for opening its gas station super early. Headed to work the other day, asscrack of dawn, gas light on and needle under E. I drive by the church on my way every day and not only was the gas station open with no lines whatsoever, but the gas clerk made some pleasant and light conversation with me about the holidays. It set my mood for the rest of the day. :D

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Friend bought the discounted 8-pack of Angus Burgs

He ate them all in two days

I think he's going to die

this has been a free verse poem

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
martyr's death

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I normally think I can eat a bunch of crap at once, but that man is my new hero.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Been away from the holy grounds for too long...

Thinking bout that dog +refill

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I just snagged 4X huge filet mignon's for $32, aka the cost of 1 at a cheap steakhouse. Holy gently caress they were good, threw one in the sous vide yesterday and it was one of the best steaks i've ever eaten.

Close runner up was the 1.50 dog+refill, which I get pretty much every time now thanks to this thread.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
$15+ per pound is pricey, but you can taste the extra cost when you bite into the Prime NY Strip.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Compared to what you would pay in a decent steakhouse, $15/lb is cheap as hell

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

binge crotching posted:

Compared to what you would pay in a decent steakhouse, $15/lb is cheap as hell

This is also true. I'm usually happy with the $6/lb whole strip loin from the butcher, but t drat. That Costco prime meat is tops.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Steakandchips posted:

That massive room is refrigerated? Impressive.

It's not just all refrigerated. There are three temperature zones for dairy, meat and produce. Pretty trippy walking across for the first time and feeling how well defined the "barriers" between each zone are

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
What are the pro-tier hors d’oeuvres to get at costco for my new years eve party. I got the huge pastry pack last year but they were just okay. I saw they have better selection this year

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I really like their big rear end sandwich platter.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Fellis posted:

What are the pro-tier hors d’oeuvres to get at costco for my new years eve party. I got the huge pastry pack last year but they were just okay. I saw they have better selection this year

The giant platter of peeled shrimp is always nice.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I'm always :eyepop: at those fruity nutboards

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Former DILF posted:

That's a mean thing to say about E/N.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Whooping Crabs posted:

I checked their website, the nearest one to me is over 500 miles away, even though I live within 30 minutes of two regular Costcos

There are 5 Costcos in the KC metro. I don't think there's a business center.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

Fellis posted:

I'm passing on the blessings from like a page ago where someone recommended the garlic lime shrimp and they are truly a gift. Since they are already cooked and the tail removed, just put them in a fancy bowl or make little cracker/shrimp/avocado bites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Former DILF posted:

Gravitee posted:

I'm passing on the blessings from like a page ago where someone recommended the garlic lime shrimp and they are truly a gift. Since they are already cooked and the tail removed, just put them in a fancy bowl or make little cracker/shrimp/avocado bites.

I don’t think I’ve seen either of these in SoCal.