Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Reinhardt with this build:

Dire Thunder
flex
Miracle
Death Blow 3
flex
flex
Heavy Blade 3

Will trigger Miracle against most opponents after taking one counter attack. Normally not OHKOing him is fine because everybody double him, but Miracle allows him to survive the second counter as well. Then a dancer with Wings of Mercy can teleport over to him, dance him, and ruin your day

Atk Reinhart with buff hits 58 attack. Holy poo poo this build might work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't think Fae OHKOs Reinhardt and while she could run Guard and still counter Rein fine she really needs QR for everything else

If that build becomes popular I hope IS finally pulls the trigger on loving over wom

If it really becomes a problem I can always change Aether to iceberg for Fae, which guarantees the OHKO

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I like how every other Tempest seems to give a new meme seal for Rein

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I seem to be the only one excited for super tank Valter

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
U can also run moonbow/glimmer in place of whatever else and ohko rein off the bat

Generalissimo
Jun 13, 2003

AverySpecialfriend posted:

U can also run moonbow/glimmer in place of whatever else and ohko rein off the bat

Then Reinhardt's Flex B slot should be Guard.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
well thank gently caress i finally got a second Healer. Lissa is wrecking poo poo but i wanted a backup and Old Man Wryn is just what the dr. ordered

friend me friendos: 140 374 9416

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Joke's on Rein because I'm already running Guard on my Hector. I'm ahead of the curve.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think once I see the next legendary banner and preview for the January units, if neither appeals to me, I'll dump my orbs chasing a candelabra to bling out Lilina with

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I think I'm pretty set for now yah idk unless there's hardcore lyn bait I pretty much have her tricked out to the maximum

Just need a +atk lyn...... :shepface:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Murderion posted:

Moonbow adds 6-12 damage so it helps a bit every combat, especially against high def greens. Glimmer might be marginally better on pve content where everyone has 60+ hp, but it's marginal.

Ignis should pretty much guarantee a kill on your second combat; only a super-tanky red will survive, and they'll still be pretty banged up.

Yeah I think I get it. Ignis would add more damage but not much is surviving a special proc from her in the first place. Moonbow adds more damage more often and helps against those pesky high def units. I think I get it. I will definitely consider it!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Has anyone looked at Waifu Camilla with Iote's Shield vs. BLyn?

Something like Camilla @ DC/QR/Whatever/Iote's Shield with a Refined weapon?

Eyeballing it, I think she has the tank to eat a Brave Bow Lyn and a Rein.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

Without even looking at the numbers: Sacae’s blessing ruins all physical melee BLyn counters

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Andrast posted:

Sacae’s blessing ruins all physical BLyn counters

Oh yeah.

That.

That skill is probably the biggest mistake in the entire game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

Oh yeah.

That.

That skill is probably the biggest mistake in the entire game.

Not even close when :wom: exists

I think Firesweep Bow is worse too

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Natural 20 posted:

Pointless against Sacae BLyn. She has a hard time tanking BLyn regardless because of her low natural HP and only average DEF.

On the off chance that she isn't using Sacae, Michalis would still be better suited for the job and he can still handle some Reins.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 26, 2017

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

What do you guys think the minimum attack stat should be for Heavy Blade?

Also, would Wrath and Heavy Blade even coexist and/or stack?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

FartingBedpost posted:

What do you guys think the minimum attack stat should be for Heavy Blade?

Also, would Wrath and Heavy Blade even coexist and/or stack?

Wrath and Heavy Blade coexist fine since Wrath is a conditional out-of-battle effect that activates at the start of the phase.

Hard to say with Heavy Blade since a lot of arena characters are gonna start running high-ATK builds now to run their own Heavy Blades. Assuming you're bouncing between T19-20 I'd say 54+, preferably higher. It's gonna vary too; for instance, Cordelia is gonna start running L&D more often and that puts her at 55 un-buffed.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Wrath and Heavy Blade coexist fine since Wrath is a conditional out-of-battle effect that activates at the start of the phase.

Hard to say with Heavy Blade since a lot of arena characters are gonna start running high-ATK builds now to run their own Heavy Blades. Assuming you're bouncing between T19-20 I'd say 54+, preferably higher.

Yeah the needed ATK depends heavily on how merged the enemies you are fighting against are

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
How many months until we get a B skill that says "this unit can counterattack even if foe has a skill that prevents counterattacks"

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

How many months until we get a B skill that says "this unit can counterattack even if foe has a skill that prevents counterattacks"

That will mark the downward spiral

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

That would go straight on to my FCorrin so I hope it’s soon

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
waste of a skill slot imo. firesweep is annoying, but it's not worth sacrificing QR for.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SgtSteel91 posted:

That will mark the downward spiral

Actually that skill would improve the game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

waste of a skill slot imo. firesweep is annoying, but it's not worth sacrificing QR for.

My FCorrin is going to have 50 speed soon, she doesn’t need qr

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
true... i guess it'll be a highly contextual skill. as rare as the units who can use it better than they can use QR

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If it convinced even one Lyn to run something other than Sacaean blessing it would be worth it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

If it convinced even one Lyn to run something other than Sacaean blessing it would be worth it

Firesweep + cancel affinity BLyns are already popular!

That skill would gently caress over that build too which is even better than countering Sacae’s blessing.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I had to stop my AA run today because I was starting to get frustrated and made some really stupid mistakes that cost me matches I would have won otherwise. I know it's silly to complain about people running the strongest teams that will get them the most wins (because people are always going to do that in every game ever made), but I wish that there was at least some variety in this mode.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

cheetah7071 posted:

I run wom on my blyn so she can teleport around and pwn people with firesweep bow, but that's just me

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I still want a system where you can star/favorite arena defense teams that amused you, and then you get feathers for having your team receive stars

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Upgrade Obstruct to block enemies from teleporting to 2 spaces within that unit.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
When are we gonna get a dedicated friend unit

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Upgrade Obstruct to block enemies from teleporting to 2 spaces within that unit.

It would need to be at least 3 spaces since otherwise ranged units can still be danced with wom

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

AverySpecialfriend posted:

When are we gonna get a dedicated friend unit

What, voting gauntlets aren't enough???

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

ApplesandOranges posted:

Hard to say with Heavy Blade since a lot of arena characters are gonna start running high-ATK builds now to run their own Heavy Blades. Assuming you're bouncing between T19-20 I'd say 54+, preferably higher. It's gonna vary too; for instance, Cordelia is gonna start running L&D more often and that puts her at 55 un-buffed.

Man, I need more L&D3 fodder.

So these are my guys with high 40s plus DB3 or SS2 or just above 50 atk.

Ephraim 57
Zephiel 56
Effie 56
Chrom 53
Lucina 50 +4
Cordelia 46 +6
Bridelia 47+6
Cherche 43+6
Ayra 49+4
Lute 56
Nephenee 50
Clarisse 49
Arvis 48 +4
Sonya 47+4
Julia 55

Okay that was more than I thought I had, and that’s made stuff harder.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Attack only in the 50s?

(she still sucks)

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

Attack only in the 50s?

(she still sucks)

Lol how much money did that inevitably cost?

I mean, I’m not playing the whale to Tier 20 game, so high 50s is all I need.

I love that most of those on my list aren’t even in my most valuable units convo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FartingBedpost posted:

Lol how much money did that inevitably cost?

I mean, I’m not playing the whale to Tier 20 game, so high 50s is all I need.

Promoting 4* units to 5* doesn’t cost money, just feathers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I like to run bow breaker or desperation. It was usually for tower and such but it's fun to take into arena from time to time.