Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Would someone mind putting up a VoD with ribbon and pod153. Going to try and kill Marlboro tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

This 10+1 ticket was full of great units #3 for me

Aileen #3
Silvia #3
Werei #3

Looks like I'm closing in on Aileen's super TMR in the future.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

fullTimeLurker posted:

Would someone mind putting up a VoD with ribbon and pod153. Going to try and kill Marlboro tonight

I really need to start farming at least 1 ribbon and discernment (only thing I’m missing to prevent putting this unit up).

I also need to find time to do Air Buster.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

fullTimeLurker posted:

I can but I'm not fully potted, but I'll TMR him out though.

Do the same and I'll give it a run as well.

Tonitrus
Virtuous Contact
Imperial Helm
Demon Mail
Pod 153
Genji Glove
Large Sword Mastery
SSP-Dark
Katana Mastery
Discernment

Only 857 ATK. I need to get some pots in this guy...

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 26, 2017

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I completely forgot you get toitles from raid summons

I have money again!

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.

fullTimeLurker posted:

I threw mine up. 376364143 in cases we're not already friends. He's got Dandelga equipped but I can swap in Tonitrus if you prefer lightning damage.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Quality Control posted:

I threw mine up. 376364143 in cases we're not already friends. He's got Dandelga equipped but I can swap in Tonitrus if you prefer lightning damage.

I can throw Tonitrus on mine, or I can use Hoemaru.

Edit: Changed to Tonitrus because my Hoemaru is stuck in an expedition.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Dec 26, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I just remembered, but Fohlen owners can benefit from him next trial (not 10 man) since it's weak to Wind. Although it can be cheesed with Shantotto/Barbarricia I guess.

It has 80 million HP, high defenses, unbreakable def/spr, and will cast AoE Death and full heal every turn after turn 8. So uh, work on your wind stuff.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Blood Moon is the fight that made me finally part w/ SQ for Safety Bit and Genji Shield. Made it to the threshold and my plan of having mine and friend GLS reraise is insufficient, so now I've got some more protection, and I'm swapping T. Terra out for Rikku. GLS has the damage output 100% well in hand, and Trance Terra ended up using Dual White Magic and Cura most turns before the threshold anyway because I was really hurting from no regen from Love You All otherwise. Lmao.

She'll be bringing a Pod-153 and geared for pure spr to add its regen to Prism Heal so that my tanks can make it, and to get its damage reduction and her HyperNulAll DR & ele buffs on the threshold turn.

I probably should read guides before attempting trials, but this sumbitchin' moon is hosed today :clint:

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I have not seen any discussion about this, but I ran into this site while looking for chaining information

https://ffbe-chain.com/chain

It lets you enter units & abilities and generates the optimal chain configuration + gives you a memu/nox script to run it

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Clearly no Christmas guaranteed 5* pull is coming now, pulled with 5000 lapis anyway, got two Williams, six Conrads, and other random 3*s.

Because I'm stupid, my immediate response was gently caress you Goomi, throwing a ticket at the banner, too!

Rainbow, Cloud, Merry Christmas, RNGesus bless us, every one.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my ayaka has 100% ice resist if someone wanted to bring her to fight the ice bird

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Acelerion posted:

I have not seen any discussion about this, but I ran into this site while looking for chaining information

https://ffbe-chain.com/chain

It lets you enter units & abilities and generates the optimal chain configuration + gives you a memu/nox script to run it

Pay attention to the chainers it recommends. Fire From Below and Tri Beam come up a lot because the default mode for “best chainer” is “largest % damage multiplier total” - so FFB and TriBeam come up a ton because it assumes fully stacked and enhanced ffb and always assumes high roll lasers from Ace.

Otherwise it’s a great tool to use to visualize chaining, see exactly why chains break and give you macros if you use an emulator, as stated.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Wanted to make one last Hail Mary 11 pull. Crystal came down blue->gold and it was William.

However the fourth crystal was a rainbow!

Hell, same.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

As long as my rotation was on point the Blood Moon and friends couldn't get through the tanks. There were scramble turns when his badass abilities procced later on, but these two made it smooth. I stopped caring about the debuff protection and just kept blasting them. GLS reraise and Sacrificial Barrier were super useful. Pod regen was also really useful from Rikku, and she eased the pain considerably with its phys DR plus HyperNulAll.

I do not regret using some moogles to finish summer Dark Fina's TMR, as it is an incredible upgrade for GLS' mana-starved self

Marlboro, you're next.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 27, 2017

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Noticed I had four EX 4* tickets and promptly used them:

Dupe
Dupe
Dupe
Orlandeau #1

So basically I've received nearly every desirable physical damage dealer from this banner EXCEPT the main feature of Cloud.

Oh well. Still stomping all content is fine by me. I'll probably get Cloud while pulling for Squall.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

whats the ~most efficient~ use of lapis and is there an upcoming unit i should be saving for? i have ayaka/ok/vol/aileen/random poo poo. basically i have no base 5 casters. i was thinking about maybe taking a swipe at white knight noel or should i just spend an 11 pull on the cloud banner before it leaves or [other]

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The most efficient use of lapis is probably using it to fuel automated trust master reward grinding, if you have a way to run an android emulator.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im not really invested in speeding up macros beyond just turn it off and let it go to be honest

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

whats the ~most efficient~ use of lapis and is there an upcoming unit i should be saving for? i have ayaka/ok/vol/aileen/random poo poo. basically i have no base 5 casters. i was thinking about maybe taking a swipe at white knight noel or should i just spend an 11 pull on the cloud banner before it leaves or [other]

if you actually want a 5* base caster go ahead and try for Christine. If you also need a provoke tank, wait until Friday, THEN pull on Christine's banner (so that WKN is in the off-banner 2% pool)

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
If you don’t mine waiting a month or two we’ll have poo poo like Eiko, Yuna and CG Sakura coming up soon. All of those are great magic damage dealers and Cg Sakura will be top tier basically until 7* comes out.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
My tickets are being saved for CG Fina, and my lapis is being saved for Sephiroth & Lila's stepup banner since I'm closing in on 50k anyway and I might as well guarantee 7* Sephiroth/Lila or one of each of them.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I wonder if enough people submitted bug reports about the terrible event currency rate/reward pricing if anything would happen. I know it won't, but still

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
You might as well wait for Hyou who blows pretty much every DD out of the water. I don't think it was too big of a gap between Sephiroth and Hyou (1 month?). I don't see many folks using Lila much anymore since she has like 3k HP with a SPR-focus build compared to 7*s who have like 16k HP. Apparently she's not so great in any fight that isn't a OTKO because she gets dunked on.

FWIW, Hyou is a TDH unit with dual- and triple-ability and uses Holy Explosion frames. His chains are back loaded so the big hits are capped and he has a plethora of -60% imperils built into his moves. He basically takes every good thing about every other meta chainer and combines it into a single kit.

But there's always a new unit to wait for...

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 27, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

dangerous.hotdog posted:

You might as well wait for Hyou who blows pretty much every DD out of the water. I don't think it was too big of a gap between Sephiroth and Hyou (1 month?). I don't see many folks using Lila much anymore since she has like 3k HP with a SPR-focus build compared to 7*s who have like 16k HP. Apparently she's not so great in any fight that isn't a OTKO because she gets dunked on.

FWIW, Hyou is a TDH unit with dual- and triple-ability and uses Holy Explosion frames. His chains are back loaded so the big hits are capped and he has a plethora of -60% imperils built into his moves. He basically takes every good thing about every other meta chainer and combines it into a single kit.

yeah, wait those 8 months for Hyou, good choice.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

By the way , If you logged in every day and are getting the 5* summon ticket on the 28th, just wanna point out i pulled christine on a 4* ex ticket yesterday and gladios on a 5* the day he came out, so it might be a good idea to wait a day before using it, just for that slight chance.

At the very least, it increases the summon pool to lower your odds of getting lightning and queen.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

In the context of waiting for Seph/Lila (the post I was replying to), it's not far-fetched. I don't plan that far ahead personally but if someone's holding out that long, you might as well wait for Hyou anyway.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Eh "holding out" has never worked for me. The 3 times or so I did it this year I did not get what I was going all in for. I think I am just going to toss tickets around as I feel like it this year with out going balls deep when whale candy shows up.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hagie posted:

Eh "holding out" has never worked for me. The 3 times or so I did it this year I did not get what I was going all in for. I think I am just going to toss tickets around as I feel like it this year with out going balls deep when whale candy shows up.

And Gumi throwing in really decent/good GL exclusives makes saving really hard. It's more fun to spend now anyway. :v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dana Crysalis posted:

He's absolutely right about Seph/Lila. If 7* hadn't come out then yeah, I'd say hold out till that banner since its fantastic but 7*s coming out so quickly after it and them being literally the last 5*s to get 7* forms means that you'll have really shiny benchwarmers for 4-5 months after they stop being relevant a month and change after they come out.

Although by then we'll know if their 7*s are loving insane and then we can decide to roll on their rate up just as an investment :v:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Tengames posted:

By the way , If you logged in every day and are getting the 5* summon ticket on the 28th, just wanna point out i pulled christine on a 4* ex ticket yesterday and gladios on a 5* the day he came out, so it might be a good idea to wait a day before using it, just for that slight chance.

At the very least, it increases the summon pool to lower your odds of getting lightning and queen.

The last 5* EX ticket I used got me Demon Rain. I am absolutely using mine when WKN/Christine/Kryla are in the pool.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

He's absolutely right about Seph/Lila. If 7* hadn't come out then yeah, I'd say hold out till that banner since its fantastic but 7*s coming out so quickly after it and them being literally the last 5*s to get 7* forms means that you'll have really shiny benchwarmers for 4-5 months after they stop being relevant a month and change after they come out.

Although by then we'll know if their 7*s are loving insane and then we can decide to roll on their rate up just as an investment :v:

Oh, I mean, waiting between Sephiroth and Hyou is more of a sensible thing, but I meant holding from now until then, that's kinda silly. I still maintain that pulling hard for anything not time-limited is wasteful.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cao Ni Ma posted:

global is a different game, my friend, and so the order of 7* release will be researched by leading psychologists to inflict the most possible wallet opening torture gumi can devise.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

global is a different game, my friend, and so the order of 7* release will be researched by leading psychologists to inflict the most possible wallet opening torture gumi can devise.

They will absolutely poo poo on Eileen again because Famitsu has her at the top of the rankings

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I'm waiting for a step-up banner, and there's no Step-up banner as good as Sephiroth/Lila, with units as good as them and with incentives as decent as their Step-up. CG Hyou's Step-up is a modified single lap 11,000 lapis with no guaranteed anything in it. I could very well just save 11,000 lapis for his banner, that's a possibility sure.

Squall/Rinoa have one, but it's neither as good (it has the guaranteed Squall/Rinoa and Rainbow at the 3rd stage, but no rate-ups), nor are Squall/Rinoa as enticing units to me as either Sephiroth or Lila. I'd take Seph's to chain with 7* Dark Veritas.

Edit: There's CG Raegan's too, but his stepup is like CG Hyou's, an 11,000 modified pull one.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 27, 2017

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Okay gently caress the VoD route.... only doing 10% damage a round with pod153. Spent 45 minutes and Gmalboro was still at 72% health.

New try, T.Terra with ribbon and dark resist. Anyone mind sharing her?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

fullTimeLurker posted:

Okay gently caress the VoD route.... only doing 10% damage a round with pod153. Spent 45 minutes and Gmalboro was still at 72% health.

can do, just hold on a second.

edit:
ribbon and 80% dark res.went and got a black mask, now 95% dark resistance.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 27, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

fullTimeLurker posted:

Up. 110% dark resist and 1058 MAG.

Tengames posted:

can do, just hold on a second.

edit:
ribbon and 80% dark res.went and got a black mask, now 95% dark resistance.

Added.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Dec 27, 2017

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Back to back daily rainbows... Gilgamesh #3 and prishe.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

MohShuvuu posted:

Back to back daily rainbows... Gilgamesh #3 and prishe.

My last rainbows were delita #3 and Duke . . . Thanks rate ups???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

What an unfun shitshow. Marlboro is such a piece of poo poo. 3 hours wasted and can’t get him below 9%. Between him eating and beserking my tank, and then just getting 500 moves a turn to wipe out everyone else, it’s just a miserable boss battle.

Does anyone here actually enjoy these things? They just seem really stupidly designed and just created to waste your time until they can put in actual content.

I guess I’ll just wait till 7*s come out and 1 shot it like every other trial.

• Locked thread