Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Thoatse posted:

Star Citizen is a mesh!

Crob! can fix it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
He's got a point: What do you goons have against over 400 families being fed? It's like everyone here is possessed with the ruthless, capitalistic, soul-crushing spirit of J. P. Morgan. Absolutely pathetic.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Bootcha posted:

Thankfully, you don't have glitch in order to travel to this here youtube video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGq4YEp8QUY
As Gorf says, your narration is loving spot on. So glad we're finally seeing the SC documentary we've always wanted take shape before our eyes... #opendevelopment

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

400 developers, developers, developers....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Next thing you know, CIG will be making Kinect.

https://twitter.com/FacewareTech/status/941066507911680000

Oh. I was just joking. You didn't have to do it.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Daztek posted:

We're at almost at 1/10th of 250k email signups to get the ingame Squadron 42 t-shirt!

This is the second time this year that they've grossly underestimated engagement/demand (first being the referral contest). It was promoted on the stream of their big game reveal as well as going up alongside the 3.0 release, and yet they are getting numbers that are similar to the tail end of a moderately popular release. I'd be worried with these numbers because if it's anything close to resembling actual interest, they will be hosed. They better hope everyone is staying the gently caress away until there's a solid release date.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tokamak posted:

This is the second time this year that they've grossly underestimated engagement/demand (first being the referral contest). It was promoted on the stream of their big game reveal as well as going up alongside the 3.0 release, and yet they are getting numbers that are similar to the tail end of a moderately popular release. I'd be worried with these numbers because if it's anything close to resembling actual interest, they will be hosed. They better hope everyone is staying the gently caress away until there's a solid release date.
Interesting to compare this number to the Drake poll, which claims 37440 voters. Kinda thinking there's roughly 10k whales and then about 20k people following the game closely. Really really small community for such a "huge, ambitious project"

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Daztek posted:

We're at almost at 1/10th of 250k email signups to get the ingame Squadron 42 t-shirt!

I'm not a website creator guy, but is this number hard coded, and updated via automatic script that edits the html?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42
code:
<p><p><strong><a href="#enlist"> ENLIST TODAY</a> <br>AND JOIN 23753 RECRUITS</strong></p></p>
There are better ways to do that, I think?

XK fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 27, 2017

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The Titanic posted:

1960, near the Russian border:

So there I was, standing in a raggedy airport with Evil_Merlin. We were part of a new flight crew for these new fangled jet airplanes the premier wanted. It was going to help us not have further uprisings like Hungary again. Those boleshevic bastards.

:five: the confidence with which he spouted that crap and added his 25+ years of pilot experience in the fond belief that it would rule out any contrarian view was the funniest part. And then someone posted a youtube of flying a Mig 21 clearly showing the excellent view and he replied with "oh but that was only the 3rd version".

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Early Fishbeds had better view. Then a hump was added, killing rear visibility. Then they got fatter.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Can we get a funding update/contest fiasco update?

Hey all, just got back from my parents' place at the mountains with crap for network. Make sure you call yours and tell them you love them.

Now onto the interesting bits.

Current progress though I'm not sure when it ends, I'll just cut it on the 31st Dec 2017.

Winner(s) to be called after the New Year.
The numbers:

2017-12-22 $68,832
2017-12-23 $188,723
2017-12-24 $190,559
2017-12-25 $152,451
2017-12-26 $147,661

Current Tally: 0.748M

Current DeathToll:
Phi230 50bux
EminusSleepus Wanpipdy
Lack of Gravitas Put me down for the price of a couple of first-class tickets from LA to Switzerland and two weeks chalet hire in St Moritz.
Sarsapariller 500k

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Solarin posted:

Crob! can fix it

Crob!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

no_recall posted:

Hey all, just got back from my parents' place at the mountains with crap for network. Make sure you call yours and tell them you love them.

Now onto the interesting bits.

Current progress though I'm not sure when it ends, I'll just cut it on the 31st Dec 2017.

Winner(s) to be called after the New Year.
The numbers:

2017-12-22 $68,832
2017-12-23 $188,723
2017-12-24 $190,559
2017-12-25 $152,451
2017-12-26 $147,661

Current Tally: 0.748M

Current DeathToll:
Phi230 50bux
EminusSleepus Wanpipdy
Lack of Gravitas Put me down for the price of a couple of first-class tickets from LA to Switzerland and two weeks chalet hire in St Moritz.
Sarsapariller 500k

:flaccid:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/fMgqrdb.gifv

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

XK posted:

I'm not a website creator guy, but is this number hard coded, and updated via automatic script that edits the html?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42
code:
<p><p><strong><a href="#enlist"> ENLIST TODAY</a> <br>AND JOIN 23753 RECRUITS</strong></p></p>
There are better ways to do that, I think?

Looks like the web dev did a rush job. You can tell by all the crap that's left in the source.

I'd assume its a .php / .aspx / node.js (maybe?) file that generates the HTML, from pulling data from a reporting DB table.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DmFs-zZaMk

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

e: its the thrusters.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

no_recall posted:

Looks like the web dev did a rush job. You can tell by all the crap that's left in the source.

I'd assume its a .php / .aspx / node.js (maybe?) file that generates the HTML, from pulling data from a reporting DB table.

A rush job is pretty much what I assumed. I only asked due to my own idle curiosity.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I petition 'fantasy' to be replaced with 'friction'.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Spiderdrake posted:

I petition 'fantasy' to be replaced with 'friction'.

I petition "friction" to be replaced with "tickling".

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/REevAsi.gifv

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

these types of posts are so cringe... sounds like they're trying to convince themselves hahaha

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Those tears that will eventually be delivered will be absolutely amazing.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

finally a whale who gets it

e: Dehumanise yourself and face to the stimpire

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Someone please explain to me what he's saying. Way too stimperical.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Everytime I click show less I just get back on the ride and read it again.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Friends don't let friends play alphas

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Who's letting the Star Citizen NPCs post on the Internet?

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0apzq1dk24

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

XK posted:

A rush job is pretty much what I assumed. I only asked due to my own idle curiosity.

I can't look since I'm on vacation, but the nested paragraphs are a good indication the person doing it is out of their depth.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

My housemate's cats have produced more coherant and easy to read musings while seeking the sweet warmth only found sitting on a laptop keyboard.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

5x concierge ($5,000?).

Has yet to complete a single mission in 3.0.

Starting to lose a bit of enthusiasm.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Thoatse posted:

Friends don't let friends play alphas

The sickening and heartbreaking truth of 3.0

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hahaha!

Are they back on the CR is a perfectionist bullshit again/still? :allears:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

no_recall posted:

Technically, this super holiday special "not desperate at all" sale runs until January 15th. But a 31st cutoff sounds good for this little guessing contest.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Honestly, if there are 10k plus whales still in this, dumping in a few hundred a month each, I could believe the funding tracker to be somewhat close to the mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ewe2 posted:

:five: the confidence with which he spouted that crap and added his 25+ years of pilot experience in the fond belief that it would rule out any contrarian view was the funniest part. And then someone posted a youtube of flying a Mig 21 clearly showing the excellent view and he replied with "oh but that was only the 3rd version".

I’m just out to justify people’s stories, the more outlandish the better the story can be. The best ones are still the “I’m a secret agent who can wreck you if I wanted to, lucky for you I don’t... yet!” guys because they’re really off the deep end.

It’s possible this dude is a pilot or former Air Force or navy pilot, but I somehow doubt it. :shrug: