Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Kavak posted:

Breaking News: CIG hires firm of Howard, Fine, and Howard to represent itself.

Nah, CIG's likely to go with Black, Hingley and Oohuhu...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCHx7cM8JhM&t=31s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Xaerael posted:

Hungadunga, etc I'm fairly sure is a Marx Brothers film. I want to say Animal Crackers.

Webster, etc sounds familiar, but I'm pulling a blank.

I feel like Lazard is going to make me kick myself.

1/3

and you got the hardest one!

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I'd say Squadron 42 release in early 2019, Star Citizen release version goes live in late 2020. I'd say an additional 65 million in funding during that time frame. A conservative estimate, but I like to be surprised.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

more black books: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RedqjMy62HQ

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

BluesShaman posted:

1/3

and you got the hardest one!

I saw it in "Media studies" during my BA in photography.

Media studies being a weekly thing on a Wednesday when we sat around watching old movies with the faculty's total blessing. "We expect you to watch at least 3 movies a week, all on your own initiative, then talk about the movie in groups of 8" was one of the coolest things we were tasked with.

I was the rear end in a top hat that brought Grave of the Fireflies one week, and emotionally murdered 30+ students in one sitting.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

kikkelivelho posted:

I'd say Squadron 42 release in early 2019, Star Citizen release version goes live in late 2020. I'd say an additional 65 million in funding during that time frame. A conservative estimate, but I like to be surprised.

This was you in September:

kikkelivelho posted:

I've watched through the full Gamescom demo a few times now and it's pretty clear that 3.0 is still far too buggy for release (that said, their internal dev build is probably further along). I imagine we wont see a 3.0 release until October. Squadron 42 is probably releasing early next year, though that depends on how much resources Chris wants to put into 3.1. Ultimately I think these delays are going to be worth it. 3.0 has changed and grown a lot since it was originally announced.

Overoptimistic much?

CIG won't even exist as a functional development shop in 2019.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Abuminable posted:

Overoptimistic much?

The situation has obviously changed since then. The SQ42 (Squadron 42) demo showed that the campaign is going to be far more ambitious than anyone had expected. We are now looking at a hybrid open world game with a player choice based event system. The additional dev, mocap and testing alone will take time.

I still don't believe money will be an issue. In addition to backer funds CIG has access to a number of private investors and other sources of revenue. The actual data based estimates I've seen suggest that development can continue as is for at least another 4 years.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Abuminable posted:

This was you in September:

Overoptimistic much?

well its "him" in the same way mirificus is actually everyone he quotes

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

well its "him" in the same way mirificus is actually everyone he quotes

I figured :)

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

kikkelivelho posted:

The situation has obviously changed since then. The SQ42 (Squadron 42) demo showed that the campaign is going to be far more ambitious than anyone had expected. We are now looking at a hybrid open world game with a player choice based event system. The additional dev, mocap and testing alone will take time.

I still don't believe money will be an issue. In addition to backer funds CIG has access to a number of private investors and other sources of revenue. The actual data based estimates I've seen suggest that development can continue as is for at least another 4 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqUsrW3JRZM

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

They are furiously trying to actually swap out cryengine with lumberyard and that's why it's taking so long.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

kikkelivelho posted:

I don't want to know where this quote is from so much as which year it's from.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

:goku:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Conspiratiorist posted:

Remember how even months after realizing SC was a sham, you kept praising the mushmouth fucker's personal charisma and raw animal magnetism?

Because it wasn't that you were suckered like a total loving idiot, god of course not, Chris Roberts is just that good a salesman. Yes, that was it.

He has $175 million from hundreds of thousands of people, has established a cult of personality, and still manages to get loans from high end banks all while continuing to fail to show anything remotely appealing. He is turning dreams into cash with minimal consequences and scrutiny.

Am I a sucker for buying in as much as I did? Absolutely. But Chris Roberts is a very good salesman and a very magnetic personality. He absolutely has charisma. So does Donald Trump. That doesn't mean they're particularly attractive, appealing, or good people. It just means that they inspire devotion, which they clearly do.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

TheAgent posted:

happy holidays thread

I'm not sure how CIG can top this year's gently caress ups, but I'm anxiously awaiting them

The formation of the Red Cross was hinged upon those who decided to witness a great field battle of rifle, cannon and cavalry for entertainment and found the visage in need of doctoral presence

I am no doctor, but I am entertained

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Solarin posted:

why not fall asleep with your shoes on?

do this at a house party and people will gently caress with you

it's the law

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

You can set aside the default but you aren't gonna win any fans for doing so. A response isn't required to be particularly onerous, and legally speaking CIG is given every advantage here so the court is gonna be like "well, what's your excuse? This gotta be good."

What will be just as amusing is if the response is drafted in-house and is filled with egregious errors. Forgot to mention your counterclaims? Whoops, those are gone. Inadvertently admitting to several counts when that wasn't the intention? Wellllll yur honor we kinda already tweeted something out, just ignore it okay? Maybe they do have a colorable affirmative defense and it doesn't get mentioned because they're just not good at their jobs. So many possibilities!

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://giant.gfycat.com/EmotionalWellwornBlueshark.webm

lol

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

lol

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

better now than never

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

no_recall posted:

How many more days does CIG have until they respond to Crytek's lawsuit?

Its like an ELE countcourtdown

It’s pretty common for lawyers to only ever file anything on the final day it’s due.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I want a shitposting version

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

It’s pretty common for lawyers to only ever file anything on the final day it’s due.

It’s also common for CIG to twiddle their thumbs while deadlines go wooshing past.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
Can they use this as an proper bailout.

They (management) must have enough millions to live on at this time.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

Will Star Citizen have this?

Is this game any good? I mean it's a space game so it's probably terrible but I like the art style.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I have no idea, and it's only 15% off.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/so-where-are-we-at-2/832931

:smuggo:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's amazing that the star citizen demographic is entirely composed of top notch game devs.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm Sarconius Thirdeye and my day to day life is tracking, identifying and cataloguing the known realities of game development.

Currently traveling through the citizen plane right now everybody hold your breath and strike a T that's how they know you're friendly.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

spectrum posted:

I backed SC, because I'm tired of formulaic games, tired of rendered trailers promising me the world, and the giving me a nothing like it.

You came to the right place commando. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE7TFnSl9y4

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Berious posted:

also it sounds like friendship drive :glomp:

Friendship Drive Engaged!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

preorder bushido

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

A fool and his money are soon parpted.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Oh man that masterpiece. They didn't even bother putting the turret in during any scene where parts had to move, the guns are just freefloating above the model.

I guess it would have been too hard to import into 3d moviemaker.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I swear to god if any of these guys saw EA or Activision deny a refund because they played a preorder demo of a release game that was still 4 years away they'd be all over that saying "See this is why Im backing CIG" completely unironically.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I swear to god if any of these guys saw EA or Activision deny a refund because they played a preorder demo of a release game that was still 4 years away they'd be all over that saying "See this is why Im backing CIG" completely unironically.

The flood of NMS refugees shouting never again while pledging into SC put the irony meter into permanent hiatus I'm afraid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Dusty Lens posted:

Oh man that masterpiece. They didn't even bother putting the turret in during any scene where parts had to move, the guns are just freefloating above the model.

I guess it would have been too hard to import into 3d moviemaker.

Should have bought the flashfire mount :laffo: