Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Vahakyla posted:

I'm not being a dick, I am sincerely curious where the hacking is in that first video? He is third personing you to death from that bus all he can? Or who am I spectating? I don't know how the replay works.

look at the name of the guy who posted and then the guy in the bus.

edit: did they finally figure out how to ban speedhackers? I'm wondering why all these people are just playing with esp+aimhacks. do they think that makes them 'good' or something

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The really bad aimbotters/wallhackers will keep shooting at where you are which makes them obvious and stupid. You can bait them in to needing to reload and then headshot them back.

This does rely on them being an actual idiot kid with hacks as anyone with a brain will just laser you instantly.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
I got this for Xbox and when I tried playing it my living room caught on fire. I turned and saw the Xbox levitating and spinning in the center of the room, and heard ear deafening cries of some kid complaining about stream snipers. I kept yelling Xbox turn off, but it did not work.

Is my game bugged? I heard the PC release was also bad. I hope they patch this out.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/946037813820006400

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

They always patch at the weirdest times. Why do they patch in primetime?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Zaodai posted:

They always patch at the weirdest times. Why do they patch in primetime?

Start of the business day in Hong Kong/Asia so they can have everybody working on fixing any problems that pop up. 6pm PST translates to 10 AM HK time.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Gort posted:

Why do I want this game on an SSD? There's like a minute countdown before the game even starts, shouldn't that be enough for map loading and all that jazz?

Also: if the game crashes you can still get back in the active session you had going.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Start of the business day in Hong Kong/Asia so they can have everybody working on fixing any problems that pop up. 6pm PST translates to 10 AM HK time.

So general incompetence like everything else. Got it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they live in Asia, incompetently

opt
Oct 10, 2007

Zaodai posted:

primetime NA has the lowest player count through the day

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

incompetent bluehole devs not realizing the most important customer is north american players and won’t region lock or schedule maintenance around them :rolleyes:

bad devs

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

opt posted:

Assuming that's true (which is entirely possible), it also the highest viewer count on streams where they get a bunch of their advertising for free? I mean half of Asia plays on NA anyway. It seems odd that it would have the highest footprint on twitch in primetime and then a lower playerbase, but stranger things have happened.

If it's just "start of the business day" though, that's incompetence. They sure make enough money to have people work a different schedule once in awhile. It comes with the territory of being a super-successful dev.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Zaodai posted:

Assuming that's true (which is entirely possible), it also the highest viewer count on streams where they get a bunch of their advertising for free? I mean half of Asia plays on NA anyway. It seems odd that it would have the highest footprint on twitch in primetime and then a lower playerbase, but stranger things have happened.

If it's just "start of the business day" though, that's incompetence. They sure make enough money to have people work a different schedule once in awhile. It comes with the territory of being a super-successful dev.

The higher viewer counts on twitch, which is not the only streaming site nor the most popular one in China or Korea (though that may have changed)

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

opt posted:

Bingo!

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Zaodai posted:

It's not. NA prime time is their lowest traffic market.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Zaodai posted:

I believe you'll find the general incompetence is actually my playing. Sorry about that

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

At least that makes me feel better about all the jank. I should have been approaching PUBG as just another Chinagame all along.

When will they be patching in the ability to vomit alcohol all over some guys in-game wedding party?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It's a Korean developer with direction from player unknown who made the BR mods for Arma 2and3

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
What exactly are they fixing?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

AppleDan posted:

What exactly are they fixing?

Who knows! They haven't released the patch note as of yet (the tweet mentions player positioning problem reduction which I guess translates to rubberbanding)

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/946037813820006400

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ye that tweet is what started the whole conversation

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yes that's the info we have.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Yes, it’s true. Despite popular belief, the US is not the center of the world. Also the Earth is flat, or isn’t flat. Whatever.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Can you do anything about the game just straight up not giving you your BP at the end of a round?

It has done it to me before but it just ate 450-odd on me from a 3rd place finish and i'm finding the 'ole Early Access charm to be wearing off with this thing.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

spudsbuckley posted:

Can you do anything about the game just straight up not giving you your BP at the end of a round?

It has done it to me before but it just ate 450-odd on me from a 3rd place finish and i'm finding the 'ole Early Access charm to be wearing off with this thing.

It's a known (lol) bug but they haven't done poo poo with it since release so you might expect something done today and if not in the New Year.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think it's from top ten that you aren't receiving BP. I can't give a gently caress about it though. I enjoy playing the game for fun, not to grind loot boxes

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I assume the bug is the one where your character randomly ends up with their viewpoint stuck at the crouch height even when standing? The only way I know to trigger it consistently (though it seems to pop up occasionally on its own) is to get on a motorcycle directly from the prone position. Which also makes your viewpoint on the bike way too high while you're driving.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Voxx posted:

I got this for Xbox and when I tried playing it my living room caught on fire. I turned and saw the Xbox levitating and spinning in the center of the room, and heard ear deafening cries of some kid complaining about stream snipers. I kept yelling Xbox turn off, but it did not work.

Is my game bugged? I heard the PC release was also bad. I hope they patch this out.

WBG, please include this in the OP.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Voxx posted:

Get your console trash out of here.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Has anyone done the DPS calculations on the new weapons? I’d like to see how they stack up.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Pretty sure they are talking about the rubber banding.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

VulgarandStupid posted:

Get your console trash out of here.

It already flew out the window. :sigh:

Are people running different inputs for vault? I switched to dedicated jump and jump/vault keys.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
I feel like jump/vault should be like aim/ads. Tap to jump, hold to vault seems intuitive.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Voxx posted:

It already flew out the window. :sigh:

Are people running different inputs for vault? I switched to dedicated jump and jump/vault keys.

Yeah, I split it on the test server as soon as it was offered. Sometimes I want to jump on a railing, not climb over it.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
twice in a row now Ive taken damage while landing my parachute on flat ground. I also took dmg vaulting over some rocks for no apparent reason. It wasn't much in any of the cases but still

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

twice in a row now Ive taken damage while landing my parachute on flat ground. I also took dmg vaulting over some rocks for no apparent reason. It wasn't much in any of the cases but still

This has been happening to me a lot when landing on roofs. It's happened when landing on those giant flat square warehouses so it's not like I'm hitting something on my way down. It only takes like a tiny sliver of health but it's still annoying.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
^^^ Last night was the first time I'd ever seen the "Cut Parachute" prompt because I got stuck on the corner of a building. Parachuting is weird when the rubber banding is high.

Last night was me dropping hot, getting 0-2 kills then getting headshot rounding a corner. Happened for legitimately 10 games in a row. My badness score is through the roof :ohdear:

(I think I was playing way too aggressively and wasn't using alternate routes. Pretty much in every kill cam my killer was waiting for me to come around the corner because they heard my footsteps or I had been in a prior engagement with them.)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I blame a lot of my deaths on either: bad aim, not flanking wide enough, or moving without location context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I blame my deaths on hackers and lag.

(95 times out of 100, it is bad aim, bad eyes, and playing like an aggressive monkey. But the blame doesn't know that.)