Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

The General posted:

When I was six, I ate a big rear end glob of wasabi not knowing what it was. All the asians just laughed at me.

I'm an Asian from Asia and I'm still laughing about it to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The General posted:

When I was six, I ate a big rear end glob of wasabi not knowing what it was. All the asians just laughed at me.

At 5, I learned to eat peanuts with a chopstick from the really cute Japanese girl in preschool during a show and tell day. She wore a kimono and geta.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

I can see this one happening

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Furia posted:

I can see this one happening

Pretty sure I've seen this exact joke before, only with "like, share and subscribe". It's definitely in the realm of "not so improbable as to be ridiculous", but at the very least I suspect someone's stealing the story.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Anytime I hear about some toddler spouting some overly complicated rhetoric, I think of Pup Dog from Pogo who only ever says one sentence.

(the joke is that Pup Dog is jus' a li'l ol' shirt-tail baby-size dog what don't talk good yet)

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Walked into my bank (which I am not here to shill for so shall remain nameless but is NOT Chase, Citi, BOA, or WF) on Park Avenue today, and told them to sweep (almost) every penny from my accounts to my personal account and wire to it to Metropolitan Commercial Bank f/b/o Coinbase f/f/b/o My coinbase account.

He smiled and said "I did mine this morning, looks to be a great day" as he prepared the wire form.

Then they offered me box of Godiva chocolates, and gave me an umbrella as I walked out with less than $100 total left across all my accounts.

Moral of the story? Fire your bank if they don't let you buy bitcoin, and get a new one that understands that it is perfectly legal to buy bitcoin as an investment.

edit: I did NOT fire my good bank! I just took all my "old" money out (until my next paycheck hits with some "new" money).

Not actually a coiner; goon repost

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:psyboom: I loving hate antivaxxers

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
It's like getting bit by a snake, if you act fast enough you can suck the vaccine out of the wound.

Or piss on it, I'm no expert.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
so did she shove the doctor while the needle was still in her kid's arm

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ein cooler Typ posted:

so did she shove the doctor while the needle was still in her kid's arm

She’s triumphantly dragging her kid outside as blood sprays from his torn artery.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Better dead than vaccinated. vaccined

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Don't mind me, I'm just the nurse standing around clapping for the heroic antivaxer while a doctor gets assaulted during the process of doing my work for me.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Why were multiple nurses watching.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Not the first time this doctor's tried to pull that poo poo

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the child is also a nurse

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'm the doctor who wears a bandolier of syringes, each of which contain every necessary vaccine at the same time, everywhere I go in case I suddenly run across an unvaccinated child.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
You're doing God's/Satan's work, sir/madam

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I keep my emergency vaccines in one of those jurassic park shaving foam cans.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Aerox posted:

I'm the doctor who wears a bandolier of syringes, each of which contain every necessary vaccine at the same time, everywhere I go in case I suddenly run across an unvaccinated child.

The hero we need.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Aerox posted:

I am worried. You don't have a Vacciscanner so you can detect the anti-vaxxer kids. So that means autism FOR EVERYONE!

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Samizdata posted:

I am worried. You don't have a Vacciscanner so you can detect the anti-vaxxer kids. So that means autism FOR EVERYONE!

Don’t worry, most of the time you can tell by looking at the parents.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Aerox posted:

Don’t worry, most of the time you can tell by looking at the parents.

Oh, right. They are the ones WITHOUT a touch of the 'tism. Gotcha.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
That story hits a lot closer to home now. Found out a co-worker is an anti-vaxxer on motherfucking MUH FREEDOMS grounds, so I told them I believe anyone who doesn’t vaccinate in this era is complicit in murder.

She and I aren’t going to be talking to each other any more outside of strictly work dialogue.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Avenging_Mikon posted:

That story hits a lot closer to home now. Found out a co-worker is an anti-vaxxer on motherfucking MUH FREEDOMS grounds, so I told them I believe anyone who doesn’t vaccinate in this era is complicit in murder.

She and I aren’t going to be talking to each other any more outside of strictly work dialogue.

Sorry to hear that.

OTOH, if they can risk murdering children because of FREEEEEEDOM! then I should be able to murder them out of the same drive for FREEEEEEEDOM! right?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

:barf:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I once fed my child apples and now he has CYANIDE in his body! :supaburn:

Some fruits/nuits like Apples and Almonds contain stuff that the processes in the body can turn into a cyanide but only trace amounts and certainly not enough to harm you - the only reason people get sick from it is eating ludicrous amounts like Prince George. A cyanide is any chemical that has a C=N double bond IIRC, so considering every biological thing has Carbon and Nitrogen as key parts of their makeup (like in amino acids and DNA, along with Oxygen and Hydrogen[WHICH CAN BOTH EXPLODE!]) means it's practically unavoidable.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Hi, I'm the parent who told his child that I unwittingly injected his brain with poisonous metals that will destroy his life.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

BioEnchanted posted:

I once fed my child apples and now he has CYANIDE in his body! :supaburn:

Some fruits/nuits like Apples and Almonds contain stuff that the processes in the body can turn into a cyanide but only trace amounts and certainly not enough to harm you - the only reason people get sick from it is eating ludicrous amounts like Prince George. A cyanide is any chemical that has a C=N double bond IIRC, so considering every biological thing has Carbon and Nitrogen as key parts of their makeup (like in amino acids and DNA, along with Oxygen and Hydrogen[WHICH CAN BOTH EXPLODE!]) means it's practically unavoidable.

These fuckers will definitely make you sick/considerably poison you if you eat more than like, 2 or 3. The amygdalin (aka b17, by assholes who try to hide this fact) metabolizes into cyanide. Eating too many will loving kill you dead.

Then you have poo poo like this:

In which the writer deserves a swift and punctual asskicking for trying to downplay the dangers of amygdalin.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

No, sweetheart, but you will finally be free of Mommy's foolish indoctrination and the easily curable disease you died from since Mommy wouldn't vaccinate you...

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I thought these got banned. A "toxic synergy" being created is one hell of a sales pitch.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Zipperelli. posted:

These fuckers will definitely make you sick/considerably poison you if you eat more than like, 2 or 3. The amygdalin (aka b17, by assholes who try to hide this fact) metabolizes into cyanide. Eating too many will loving kill you dead.

Genuine question but if this is the case (which I don't doubt) then how in the gently caress is it legal to sell these as food? Is this just a "muh freedums" thing?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Zipperelli. posted:

In which the writer deserves a swift and punctual asskicking for trying to downplay the dangers of amygdalin.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd trust Dr. Cancer to tell me about what STOPS cancer.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I would love (not really) to hear a 3-year old try to enunciate "mythological figure".

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Serperoth posted:

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd trust Dr. Cancer to tell me about what STOPS cancer.

Well, it does say "Apricot Kernels FOR Cancer", not against it.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Foglet posted:

Well, it does say "Apricot Kernels FOR Cancer", not against it.

Well you can't develop cancer if you die from acute cyanide poisoning

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Zipperelli. posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I think anyone stupid enough to eat enough of these to be lethal (hell, to eat them at all, really) kinda deserves what they get. Darwinism at work and all that.

pyknosis
Nov 23, 2007

Young Orc
fun fact, cancer cells tend to rely less on oxidative phosphorylation and do a whole lot more glycolysis (since tumors tend to have very unreliable blood/oxygen supplies anyways) -- meaning that cyanide poisoning would kill all of your own cells that you want to keep but probably leave the cancer cells intact. basically the opposite of "a toxic synergy that specifically targets cancer cells."

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Whitlam posted:

Genuine question but if this is the case (which I don't doubt) then how in the gently caress is it legal to sell these as food? Is this just a "muh freedums" thing?

America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I think anyone stupid enough to eat enough of these to be lethal (hell, to eat them at all, really) kinda deserves what they get. Darwinism at work and all that.

My best friend (and father of my godson) has had a kidney removed because of cancer. His mom had a double mastectomy because of breast cancer. His dad died of stomach cancer. All in the span of 3-4 years. Not sure if they have lovely genes or lovely luck, but in that kind of scenario, you get desperate and want so hard to believe in miracle cures... I definitely didn't know how to react when he told me about apricot pits and everything big pharma didn't want us to know.