Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

kikkelivelho posted:

I'd say Squadron 42 release in early 2019, Star Citizen release version goes live in late 2020. I'd say an additional 65 million in funding during that time frame. A conservative estimate, but I like to be surprised.

Well I should hope you do friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Soo is Star Citizen pre-alpha 3.0 (but containing many times the gameplay content of any triple-A game) out yet

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Soo is Star Citizen pre-alpha 3.0 (but containing many times the gameplay content of any triple-A game) out yet

Yep, time to buy back in, commando

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

no_recall posted:

This was named Novus Aeterno from KS.

Sourcing my quotes : http://forum.novusaeterno.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14825

Aw, that's too bad. Wonder why they rebranded it and threw it on facebook?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Guys, you can put your ship in "orbit" if you do it just right by cheesing their mechanics. It's like a real space gam

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

I love how the ammo counter doesn't change.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Beet Wagon posted:

Guys, you can put your ship in "orbit" if you do it just right by cheesing their mechanics. It's like a real space gam

the sense of scale in this game is totally off

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Are they no longer banning people in the starcitizen subreddit with negative opinions? I remember when it was the one of the easiest to get banned from.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Nicholas posted:

It's like Freelancer, with bumpmaps.

See, people? Chris is delivering on his promise after all — screw all of you fudster haters.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean as long as the game has gravity from a point source and the ability to coast in space, you should be able to orbit. Realism in space physics is more about whether or not the gravity matches the size of the body in any way, and if your ship can thrust so hard that it negates gravity entirely no matter what angle it's at.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
What do you mean "you guys" :colbert:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nicholas posted:

According to that dude his "orbit" was at an altitude of 26km

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

According to that dude his "orbit" was at an altitude of 26km

Nooo, not the Beet cat

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

Nooo, not the Beet cat

You don't like Rhona Mitra? I just wanted to commemorate the incredible talents that went into making her look like a discarded sexdoll.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beet Wagon posted:

You don't like Rhona Mitra? I just wanted to commemorate the incredible talents that went into making her look like a discarded sexdoll.

Well, she quit the Lara Croft gig decades ago, so the label kind of fits…

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I like that if you speed up a SC gameplay video by a factor of 20 it starts to have a smooth framerate.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Combat Theory posted:

Crobberts and Tony Zurovac pull off damage control posts on spectrum over Christmas. How can this become any better?

Chris did NOT write that on Christmas.

Well, it wasn't Christmas anymore from where he was vacationing...

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

This needs to be interlaced with the turning head cat gif to become thread Canon forever

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Aesaar posted:

I'm the hot casings aimed right at the shooter's face.

That's actually the NPCs suit lights

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It's the basic things that stick out. In Destiny 2, and many other FPSes, you get accurate counters on the weapon as well as the HUD. So if you are staring down a gunsight you can see how much is left in the clip, and each weapon has its own way of conveying that info.

It's actually not necessary at all. But it's the sort of polish and setting building that people notice and appreciate. The fact they can't get a simple thing like that down, in an FPS, says more about the dire state of the project than any word salad Crobbers spews.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Combat Theory posted:

This needs to be interlaced with the turning head cat gif to become thread Canon forever

Heh, thought the same thing.

How's Cymelion handling 3.0?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Chris did NOT write that on Christmas.

Well, it wasn't Christmas anymore from where he was vacationing...

Maybe he wrote it a year ago and they've built the game to match his apology vision.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Colostomy Bag posted:

Heh, thought the same thing.

How's Cymelion handling 3.0?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It doesn't change the entire mission.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If we don't simulate cargo floating aimlessly in space then the game will never have simulated cargo floating in space and I don't think you understand just how important that is going to be.

Edit- oh my god
"Keep it simple? YOU QUAKE BEFORE THE POWER OF PROGRESS!"

*server crashes*

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Happy Page 6666/2

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
snipe?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
that idiot cymelion - keep it simple stupid is used by engineers, surgeons, and everyone else in the world that understands that overcomplicating things only makes poo poo worse.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Daztek posted:

Nooo, not the Beet cat

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

How SC's 3.0 been treating you?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
POST MORE YOU FOOLS WE NEED TO GET TO 6666/2 BEFORE IT GETS CLOSED!

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Math is hard. Also this is the 33rd post on this page. So keep shitposting dumbass.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

big nipples big life posted:

I don't believe the citizen has flown a Mig-21.

I have and it was totally cool and great and I also flew the Eurofighter and a Tempest and an AC-130 *makes propeller noise; arms extended*

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
OH YOU MEANT ACTUALLY FLY AND NOT VIRTUALLY FLY IN MY UNDEROOS IN MY LIVING ROOM, HAHA! COMMON MISTAKE!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
ah yes, "keep it simple" the phrase uttered by the masses who are scared of progress

not engineers of any shape or kind, especially not ones who actually built real, functioning aircraft

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
chris roberts and these loving idiots deserve each other

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
2 days after Christmas and thread is already turning on itself. More Sunk Cost Galaxy, stat!

:negative:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Star Citizen is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

bad